Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  12:38:12  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage
hahahah! well, I did finally get around to that ;). I would have done more with this whole weird projection thing, but I got scared. Maybe someday I'll fly over your houses at night towards the east, really fast. You'd never know....

Where are we going?
Planet ten!
When?
Real soon!!

-The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  12:38:29  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Alright, I don't usually do this, but two posts in a row make this a little more acceptable:

LOL.

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  12:40:21  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

Alright, I don't usually do this, but two posts in a row make this a little more acceptable:

LOL.

Hey! You laughin at me?

Well, I guess that's warranted. ugh, I feel so used, and zither-headed...

Where are we going?
Planet ten!
When?
Real soon!!

-The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  12:58:31  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Well, you sorta snuck that post in where mine was supposed to be. I was laughing at the sodium pentothate and Kama Sutra.

The projection is cool but freaky. I've heard some stuff about weird things happening if the 'soul' or whatever you might consider it strays to far from the body. I'd be bloody scared to take off and fly through houses and stuff, though that'd be the ultimate test of whether it was a dream of an actual separation; See something happen and then see if it actually happened once you've returned to your body.

Out of body experiences, though, scary playgrounds.

Go to Top of Page

Little Black Francis
> Teenager of the Year <

3648 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  13:00:33  Show Profile
quote:
Time Travel: Possible Or Impossible??? New Topic Reply to Topic
Subscribe to this topic
Printer Friendly

Next Page
Author Topic Page: 1 2 of 2
sonic35pixies
- FB Fan -

33 Posts

Possible.

-------------------------
ain't it funny how the goes
Go to Top of Page

rockathon
- FB Fan -

241 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  13:01:15  Show Profile
seriously, lucid dreaming is fun however
Go to Top of Page

rockathon
- FB Fan -

241 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  13:01:53  Show Profile
next week: god, fact or fiction?
Go to Top of Page

BrendanT
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
907 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  13:14:24  Show Profile
I have heard other's explain the same type of phenomenon. Kind of cool. Ever want to have it happen again? Ever try?

Strummer-man
I had me a vision!

It's step, hip, step, pivot! Are you trying to piss-off the volcano?!
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  13:33:34  Show Profile
ha ha, today everyone was making fun of this girl in class, and making everything she said into sexual metaphors. she gets so mad, its pretty mean, but so funny. anyhoo, she was trying to make someone else embarrassed and said how she thought some people she went on this course with were, ahem, all in the same bedroom, and she did the whole shakey eyebrow thing. someone asked if she was with them and she said she wasn't she was reading a book, and it was suggested that it was karma sultra.
okay, i suggested it, i admit it.
ah, high school.

"I joined the Cult of Trippy/just pretend that pencil is a joint and the girl has red hair"
Go to Top of Page

Carolynanna
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Canada
6556 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  13:37:31  Show Profile
Well I hope you pronounced it sutra and not sultra ;)
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  13:39:04  Show Profile
uh, that was supposed to be after rockathon's post.
i think i'll just delete it...

"I joined the Cult of Trippy/just pretend that pencil is a joint and the girl has red hair"
Go to Top of Page

rockathon
- FB Fan -

241 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  13:41:05  Show Profile
don't bother, people can make the connection
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  13:42:06  Show Profile
bleh, whatever.

Go to Top of Page

rockathon
- FB Fan -

241 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  13:43:12  Show Profile
I agree
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  13:52:43  Show Profile
me too :).

Go to Top of Page

anazgnos
= Cult of Ray =

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  13:53:09  Show Profile
well, I often have an experience where I fall lightly asleep, and then "fall" back into myself, waking up with a feeling as though I had literally just "hit" whatever surface I was lying on? I also had this experience where I was sort of camping in a big group, sleeping outdoors under the stars, had headphones on, fell asleep and it was similar to what I just described, except that when I 'woke up', I felt the most profound sense of disorientation I have ever felt. It was as though I had to consciously make an effort to remember who and where I was. At the time, after recovering, I think I described it as having just returned to my body. In either case, though, there's no awareness prior to the waking up part, no looking back on my dead/sleeping form. I don't have a problem chalking it up to just an anamolous interesting psycho/neurological phenomenon...
Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  14:02:04  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by BrendanT

I have heard other's explain the same type of phenomenon. Kind of cool. Ever want to have it happen again? Ever try?

Strummer-man
I had me a vision!

It's step, hip, step, pivot! Are you trying to piss-off the volcano?!

I think so. Well, actually, definitely yes, but I would have to be alot more disciplined so I don't go schizo ;). I've seen and heard about too many weird things to take it lightly. Haha - reminds me of that scene in Animal House (just watched it again for the first time in years) where they're smoking up in the prof's bathroom, and it gets passed to Pinto: "I won't go schizo, will I?" professor: "It's a distinct possibilty..." I guess this is actually loosely related to time travel.
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  14:33:45  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Carolynanna

Well I hope you pronounced it sutra and not sultra ;)

It's also 'kama', not 'karma'.

Karma sultra..heh..wonder how that would translate..
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  14:36:43  Show Profile
feck it, you get what i meant. geez.

Go to Top of Page

Carolynanna

Canada
6556 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  14:43:03  Show Profile
oh so you're the only one who can be sassy? ;)

I love when Irish people say feck.
Maybe I'll joing the cult of feck.
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  14:45:15  Show Profile
but what about trippy???

Go to Top of Page

Carolynanna

Canada
6556 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  14:50:24  Show Profile
I don't know, maybe it'll say I joined the cult of feck, so feck off.

Not you btw.

Edited by - Carolynanna on 10/20/2003 14:50:45
Go to Top of Page

darwin

USA
5454 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  16:17:18  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Noisy

"Artificial selection" - interesting term Darwin..

It's a pretty standard term for human imposed selection, like breeding for ugly dogs with big heads, sweet corn, fast growing fish, ect.
Go to Top of Page

MangyKid
- FB Fan -

170 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  16:53:07  Show Profile
gah, every day in school weird stuff like that happens to me. I have much experience with the half-asleep and weird dream stuff. I hate when im just falling asleep, and I feel like I'm falling and jolt awake, that's the worst. Really feels like what I'm laying on is tilting and its pretty scary. One time I was so tired (I was awake for about 40 hours and had just finished school shopping) I had to close my eyes so the world would stop spinning so fast. Then at least it only felt like it was spinning. And in school I'll start falling sleep and hear music and stuff, then when something wakes me up I feel instantly heavy, and can't remember what I was dreaming about. I've had all manner of strange dreams. Have you ever had a dream where you went to the "center of all dreams"? well I did, it was a big colliseum-ish place with people in togas and this weird green plant in vases that they ate. I asked for a dream about the game kirby, and got it. And another where it was just a white room with me in it, I had the feeling I could do whatever I wanted and I said "how about some aliens?" So, of course, blue aliens pop up and start beating the crap out of me. the end.
Go to Top of Page

glacial906
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  17:00:25  Show Profile
Have you ever had a dream where you "wake up" in the dream, and realize that it's all a dream? It's cool then because you can make the dream about whatever you want to and it's almost like you're in some sort of VR or something.
Go to Top of Page

MangyKid
- FB Fan -

170 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  17:09:42  Show Profile
yeah, but even when i knew it was a dream i had little control except to wake up. I once had a dream where I could see myself sleeping and had the bubble over my head, with me talking to my sleeping self. I was 5 then. I had a recurring dream for a while too, but I don't feel like explaining that thing.
Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  20:35:52  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage
Cool! I've had the sleep-deprivation hallucinations and also lucid dreams too. All I can say when it's happening is yay! free drugs!:P Also the feeling of falling, spinning, heaviness, or hitting the bed, and body jerks (like kicking your leg), even the feeling of being electrocuted and paralyzed is a common phenomenon, all of which are the result of a natural physiological/chemical fuction - can't remember the specific chemicals, but I think it is designed to keep you from moving around too much as you sleep and possibly hurting yourself - I don't remember much, but I think it's a mix of basically a muscle relaxant and something that paralyzes outer limb nerve impulses? Darwin, if you're there, maybe you can help me out on this one. I've read about and heard about all this over the years, but I swear I have a swiss-cheese brain...I probably sound like an idjit! ;)

Many people also experience themselves falling asleep, which can be freaky, and which my Dad told me was what he thought had happened to me, but I have had that happen too, and this was still different. I was most definitely still awake when it happened. I would like to just believe that it was a neurological hiccup, like some say about deja vu, but, well, as much as I want to believe it can all be explained by science, I don't think that it can be explained with the science we have today...I'd rather not think I'm nuts, but I guess it's to late for that :)

Edited by - apl4eris on 10/20/2003 20:36:56
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2003 :  04:28:00  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Carolynanna

I don't know, maybe it'll say I joined the cult of feck, so feck off.

Not you btw.

GOLD!

Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2003 :  04:34:19  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by glacial906

Have you ever had a dream where you "wake up" in the dream, and realize that it's all a dream? It's cool then because you can make the dream about whatever you want to and it's almost like you're in some sort of VR or something.

i had a dream that was some sort of detective or a journalist or something, and i was researching this story about janet/micheal jackson's brother who was wanted for the murder of some girl, and he'd gone missing. it had seemed really...real, and i think we were chasing him or something, until i woke. the dream had been a bit intense so i was like, "phew", but then i heard someone walking up our stairs, and along the corridor. then i saw the beginning of and afro and pointy shoes and flares at the edge of my door, and the end of a knife. i was scared shitless, and then i woke up again. i was really freaked out. that was a couple years ago.

Go to Top of Page

rockathon
- FB Fan -

241 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2003 :  06:01:03  Show Profile
my favorite dream ever:

I was an indian, amongst a tribe, and a bear was terrorizing us, coming in at night and stealing away with babies, etc ... well, we're all scared shitless of him, and he only comes at night until 1 day, he shows up while the sun is shining. Everyone's freaking out, running around, squaking and sqealing, dust flying, total chaos, and I think enough's enough. I walked up to the bear, put my hand on his head and said "be civil" and suddenly he was. He became my companion and I became the tribe's medicine man. Too bad I had to wake up.
Go to Top of Page

MangyKid
- FB Fan -

170 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2003 :  13:27:18  Show Profile
haha, once I had a dream I kept waking up over and over and looking at my clock, I might've actually done it too, i don't know. But it started showing weird symbols and crap instead of numbers.
Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2003 :  13:32:38  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage
I think maybe I'll start a Dreams topic, if anyone's interested. Unless someone else would like to, I don't care, but I think the discussion is worthy of its own topic. Whaddya guys think?
Go to Top of Page

glacial906
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2003 :  14:16:04  Show Profile
Go for it, I've had some wierd shit happen in dreams.
Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2003 :  14:23:18  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage
Well, in the interest of saving sonic35's topic, which we all seem to enjoy very much, I will start a new "Dreams - this is Not a Pipe", inspired by a great Magritte painting of the same name (only from the French). Okey-dokey?

Well, here ya go anyway. Hope the two topics keep on keepin on...
http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3638

Edited by - apl4eris on 10/21/2003 14:40:02
Go to Top of Page

LivER_FisH
- FB Fan -

South Africa
57 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2003 :  10:42:20  Show Profile  Click to see LivER_FisH's MSN Messenger address
time travel
i dont know if its possible or not but in reality
its irrelevant if its possible or not becuz u'll die
becuz
think of this, 24 hours ago u werent in the same place u are now
sure relative to the surface of the earth u are
but in reality u have orbitted the sun and where u were 24 hours
ago is now most probably in space,
unless offcourse you moved 365 and a quarter days but wait,
the sun orbits too
so unless u went like millions and millions of years so that the sun
is in the same place as orbit and if u got lucky by getting the