Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1462 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  15:09:21  Show Profile
Hello Frank,

Looks like you are currently holding court. Thanks for sharing your time! Love all your music.

Maybe you'll see this. Would you consider having a concert for all of the frankblack.net forum members? You name the place and we'de organize. Imagine the energy! Imagine the party! Your fans are addicted to your music like no others. It would be a Frank Black pilgrimage for all the forum members. This topic has been fervently discussed previously on the forum. There is definately a lot of interest.

We could all travel to you new home town of Portland. Maybe a camping weekend in the U.S. northwest? (I'm planning on being in Oregon in June with my wife ).

Mike "fuman" Bru

cindy lou
- FB Fan -

141 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  16:04:43  Show Profile
that if i was frank black, i would be afraid of some of the members of this forum
Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  16:09:34  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address
Pilgrimage?Man you are going too far with your love for FB...he's cool and all but i doubt he can do miracles...Try Lourdes or Jerusalem (Mecca if Muslim) instead...

"Protect me from what i want"
Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1462 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  16:18:05  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by mun chien andalusia

Pilgrimage?Man you are going too far with your love for FB...he's cool and all but i doubt he can do miracles...Try Lourdes or Jerusalem (Mecca if Muslim) instead...

my post my have come off a bit strong. i love the music. i really enjoy the forum and would like to one day meet some of the forum members and have a few beers. it seems like a lot of the forum members enjoy and like to discuss a wide range of quality music. i enjoy going on the road to see great bands as not all acts will visit winnipeg which is basically in the middle of nowhere. (fabulous city though). pilgrimage- i thought that was slightly funny as he is in a band called the catholics.

fuman "stalker" bru

Edited by - fumanbru on 09/17/2003 16:28:50
Go to Top of Page

Malax
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1340 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  16:30:54  Show Profile
And what about the people who are fortunate enough to not live in or around the US? Why do you get something like that, why do you deserve something memorable and we don't?

Just pointing out the sort of questions people will ask if this happened. But then I guess it wouldn't matter. Huff
Go to Top of Page

Jason
* Dog in the Sand *

1446 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  17:03:21  Show Profile
I believe he addressed a related issue in the "holds court" thread when he said "Make us an offer....a GOOD offer!".
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  18:31:19  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage
I'm not really in the right circles, but i think there was (still is?) a group of peeps who gather somewhere in Europe who are Tom Waits fans..i think they're called the Rain Dogs, and it stems from an email list.

Jolly good time, from what i've heard, and i think it'd be fitting to do something similar for FB. He doesn't necessarily have to be there (i don't think Tom is), but it'd be cool to meet a bunch of you. (Or have a fistfight, depending on who comes.. ;)

The Cult of Frank - Your Metaphysical Diaper
Go to Top of Page

ProverbialCereal
- FB TabMaster -

USA
2953 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  18:43:29  Show Profile
I wanna know if Frank ever talks to Tom Waits. They should collaborate or something. I wonder what the end product would sound like.

"I joined the Cult of Frank / But I got tired of hovering."
Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1462 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  19:51:37  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Jason

I believe he addressed a related issue in the "holds court" thread when he said "Make us an offer....a GOOD offer!".

yes. let's ante up! i'll start the bidding at $50 a ticket. 1000 tickets = $5000. not bad.

"I joined the Cult of Frank/ and I got a free t-shirt with this dude on it."
Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  21:16:36  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by fumanbru

quote:

yes. let's ante up! i'll start the bidding at $50 a ticket. 1000 tickets = $5000. not bad.

50 x 1000 = 50.000(fifty) and not 5.000(five)and it's a whole lot of money...Who's gonna collect the money?I would probably run away with it and most people in this forum would do the same...

Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1462 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2003 :  04:23:22  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by mun chien andalusia

quote:

quote:

50 x 1000 = 50.000(fifty) and not 5.000(five)and it's a whole lot of money...Who's gonna collect the money?I would probably run away with it and most people in this forum would do the same...

since i can't do simple multiplication i won't be collecting.

Go to Top of Page

Jason
* Dog in the Sand *

1446 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2003 :  05:06:18  Show Profile
quote:

quote:

Not too realistic, though.

If you really want to meet people here, why don't you just set up a big rendezvous at a show that's already happening?

I don't want to be a jerk or a cynic - you seem like a nice person - but
a) I don't see the band being too excited about this kinda thing. I don't know any of them though so I could be wrong. This whole idea is very Trekkie.

b) I don't see 1,000 (or even half that) forum members willing to go through the expense/trouble for this... particularly since the band tours so much and so widely that most people here already have a chance to see them at least once a year.

Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2003 :  11:13:27  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage
I think the Rain Dogs event draws 20-50 peeps.

The Cult of Frank - Your Metaphysical Diaper
Go to Top of Page

Steak n Sabre
* Dog in the Sand *

Uzbekistan
1013 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2003 :  11:56:44  Show Profile  Visit Steak n Sabre's Homepage
Sorry for the repost, I was not sure how to post a link to the previous post...

Jason does bring up some good points, and I agree the best thing would be to just have regional gatherings at shows already booked, for those who would like to hook up, drink, cook-out, whatever, before the gig.
Check the link below to see some of the things it would take to book a show independently, and you'll find there's much more work than most of us would be willing to take on.

REPOST:
A while back, blackpurse put together a rough draft of a Project Charter and Task List for a potential show organized by this forum. Please keep in mind an actual charter would be developed with the input of all stakeholders/participants. The point of this is to show that while complex, this is possible. By blending our collective skills and assuming a professional attitude and approach, we just may be able to pull this off. Because of the format, this document is posted at www.sixthstation.com/fb
Your comments are encouraged and welcome.....BW

The Cult of Frank: "Ask about our Lo-cost pickup and delivery service!" www.sixthstation.com/fi/coolufo.gif" border="0">
Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1462 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2003 :  17:47:20  Show Profile
thanks steak n sabre for the repost. very impressive document. maybe one day- you never know. it definately would be a lot of work. in the meantime it would be a lot of fun to try and get 10-20 members to meet on an agreed upon location next time frank tours north america and check out 2-3 shows in a row.

Go to Top of Page

Kirk
= Cult of Ray =

USA
633 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2003 :  17:52:27  Show Profile
"Would you consider having a concert for all of the frankblack.net forum members?"

haha... as long it's in Logan, Utah..USA

-Kirk
Go to Top of Page

Ebb Vicious
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1162 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2003 :  17:53:01  Show Profile  Visit Ebb Vicious's Homepage
meeting people off the internet is a bad idea unless you are as big of a loser as they are.
Go to Top of Page

noexx
= Cult of Ray =

361 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2003 :  18:29:17  Show Profile
i just go see frank whenever he passes through town, which is quite often. what more do you want?
Go to Top of Page

Blank Frack
- FB Fan -

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2003 :  10:13:33  Show Profile  Click to see Blank Frack's MSN Messenger address
Yeah, Jeff Spicoli made it seem so easy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000