frank Black Vs Placebo : Paris, Oct 18
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

John Fashion
- FB Fan -

4 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  02:16:17  Show Profile
Do you think Placebo should open for Frank Black instead ?

http://www.geocities.com/whereisbriansmind/index.htm
Vote here !

frankygoestolosangeles
- FB Fan -

France
18 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  04:05:24  Show Profile  Visit frankygoestolosangeles's Homepage
Placebo is the worst band I seen in my whole life
and Frank Black one the best so...

you got the flavor
Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  07:24:32  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address
You read my mind...I posted this as a request yesterday since the only stop he will make in Italy is at Milan opening for Placebo...It's them that should open for FB and with a short set too...

"Protect me from what i want"
Go to Top of Page

Steak n Sabre
* Dog in the Sand *

Uzbekistan
1013 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  11:44:16  Show Profile  Visit Steak n Sabre's Homepage
You're right that it should be FB&TC's vs. Placebo, just put 'em in the squared circle. Maybe a cage match. El Barto vs. The Swimmer will be on the undercard. Just send me your $19.95 to order this Pay-Per-View spectacular....

The Cult of Frank: "More than you think, for less than you thought"
Go to Top of Page

John Fashion
- FB Fan -

4 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2003 :  00:56:36  Show Profile
Hey there folks,
Thanks for your support.
I'd really appreciate you spread the word :)
Go to Top of Page

Stuart
- The Clopser -

China
2291 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2003 :  03:22:35  Show Profile  Visit Stuart's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Steak n Sabre

You're right that it should be FB&TC's vs. Placebo, just put 'em in the squared circle. Maybe a cage match. El Barto vs. The Swimmer will be on the undercard. Just send me your $19.95 to order this Pay-Per-View spectacular....

Who do you reckon is the handiest? Not sure who I'd put my money on, but I reckon it wouldn't go the distance.

Who's the man that won't cop out when there's danger all about?

Edited by - Stuart on 09/18/2003 03:25:12
Go to Top of Page

Stuart
- The Clopser -

China
2291 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2003 :  03:27:46  Show Profile  Visit Stuart's Homepage
I'm a bit surprised by the Catholics supporting Placebo. Are Placebo big anymore?

Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2003 :  09:30:25  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Stuart

I'm a bit surprised by the Catholics supporting Placebo. Are Placebo big anymore?

Sadly they're considered bigger than FB&C...

"Protect me from what i want"
Go to Top of Page

leokearse
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
203 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2003 :  10:52:54  Show Profile  Visit leokearse's Homepage
I'm really surprised by this too - although (in Europe) Placebo might sell more records than FB+C, I'd have thought that FB would still be by far the bigger live draw - he sold out the Astoria in London nay bother and last time I saw him, in Vancouver on the DITS tour, he stowed out this massive theatre and played for 2 or 3 nights.

Placebo are fairly shite, AND the chick who fronts them used to be fit but is now going bald! You ever hear of that, Cleetus? A chick going bald?

- Leo
Go to Top of Page

massif snake
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
282 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2003 :  11:00:36  Show Profile  Visit massif snake's Homepage  Click to see massif snake's MSN Messenger address
placebos version of where is my mind goes down in my book as the worst cover ever.

have sex with the nuns at my school.
Go to Top of Page

Blank Frack
- FB Fan -

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2003 :  16:32:32  Show Profile  Click to see Blank Frack's MSN Messenger address
This band isn't fit to shine Frank's shoes. That's Johny Polonski's job!
Go to Top of Page

Apesy
= Cult of Ray =

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2003 :  16:47:58  Show Profile  Visit Apesy's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by leokearse

Placebo are fairly shite, AND the chick who fronts them used to be fit but is now going bald! You ever hear of that, Cleetus? A chick going bald?

If you're being sarcastic, then I shall laugh.

But, uh, if not: Brian Molko is a guy.

Anyway, I actually like Placebo. Not Black Market Music very much, but the first two and the most recent are pretty good. I'd say either order of FB&tCs and Placebo would be fine, but since the latter is the one slated to headline, don't be jerks about it; let them perform. Especially don't go to their show and heckle them after Frank and the guys have left the stage just because you want more Frank. That's just rude beyond words.

-=Apesy
Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2003 :  21:02:14  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Apesy
That's just rude beyond words.

I'm gonna be rude beyond words...

"Protect me from what i want" [/i]
Go to Top of Page

Stuart
- The Clopser -

China
2291 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2003 :  21:52:46  Show Profile  Visit Stuart's Homepage
Just pelt them with bottles of piss.... thats what happened to Extreme at Donington '94. Thats what you get when a crap lovey dovey rock band get added to the giglist after Pantera.

Go to Top of Page

Stuart
- The Clopser -

China
2291 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2003 :  21:59:42  Show Profile  Visit Stuart's Homepage
Nah, in all seriousness that would be a little pathetic.... like the kind of things Morrissey fans do.

Go to Top of Page

leokearse
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
203 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2003 :  03:35:26  Show Profile  Visit leokearse's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Apesy

quote:
Originally posted by leokearse

If you're being sarcastic, then I shall laugh.

But, uh, if not: Brian Molko is a guy.

Anyway, I actually like Placebo. Not Black Market Music very much, but the first two and the most recent are pretty good. I'd say either order of FB&tCs and Placebo would be fine, but since the latter is the one slated to headline, don't be jerks about it; let them perform. Especially don't go to their show and heckle them after Frank and the guys have left the stage just because you want more Frank. That's just rude beyond words.

-=Apesy

Shit....you mean I've been WANKING over pictures of a balding MAN?

I had NO FUCKIN IDEA.

Seriously though, you don't usually need an excuse to pelt Bobby Milko and the other Lords of Pretentiousness with a fistful of shit and broken glass....given that they're trying to lord it over the Catholics, you've got no excuse not to...

- Leo
Go to Top of Page

Stuart
- The Clopser -

China
2291 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2003 :  04:19:00  Show Profile  Visit Stuart's Homepage
Are you going to the gig Leo?? If so I look forward to hearing news about a crazed FB fans arrest in Paris.

Go to Top of Page

leokearse
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
203 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2003 :  08:49:17  Show Profile  Visit leokearse's Homepage
Naw can't make it I've got my uncle's birthday to go to on the 18th. But I'll be seeing Frank at the Astoria on the 15th!! Wahey!! No placebo, it'll be the real thing. I couldn't go watch the Catholics play second on the bill to Placebo anyway - it would just depress me.

Incidentally my cousin was in a soap opera over in China about a big dam being built. She played a German engineer - don't know if it's still on the teevee over there?

- Leo
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000