Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

cuic
- FB Fan -

9 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2003 :  06:32:22  Show Profile
Hi !

FB (don't know if it's solo or with the C's) will open for Placebo here in Paris, France next October at their arena show in Bercy.
Don't know if they do all the European tour or just the frech date...

Manu

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7437 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2003 :  07:05:11  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage
Damn, I was about to write the same thing!
I don't what to think of it... That means I'll have to endure a Placebo concert just to see the Catholics... Aaaah shucks!

Denis
Go to Top of Page

arthur.
- FB Fan -

19 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2003 :  07:33:15  Show Profile
d'où vient l'info ?? ça m'étonnerait qu'il vienne en France seulement pour ça... good news anyway.

arthur.
Go to Top of Page

PsychicTwin
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1772 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2003 :  07:37:46  Show Profile  Visit PsychicTwin's Homepage
here's an idea...why don't piece-a-crap Placebo open for FB&C? this world can be so ass-backwards sometimes, i swear.
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7437 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2003 :  08:30:17  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage
So damn right...
Arthur: the news comes from popnews.com

Denis
Go to Top of Page

arthur.
- FB Fan -

19 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2003 :  09:32:38  Show Profile
thanks ! I'm sure they are going to do other shows (Elysée Montmartre or Olympia maybe)... Placebo is pure shit but I can't miss the man in this great place. Personnaly I've seen the last show of the Smashing + Eric Clapton in Bercy... that was great and FB would deserve to have a huge enough audience to fulfill it ALONE.

arthur.
Go to Top of Page

oddball
- FB Fan -

Germany
231 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2003 :  11:17:32  Show Profile
Placebo seems to be on a Pixies kick as of late. On recent BBC shows, they covered Where is My Mind. Placebo is such a hit and miss band. At times they sound a little like the Pixies, with songs like Special K, The Bitter End, etc. They seem to have a stronger musical connection or similarity to PJ Harvey.
Go to Top of Page

Whiskeyshoes
- FB Fan -

67 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2003 :  08:57:46  Show Profile
FB should get some balls and tell the French to Fuck off. They don't deserve taking his time away from his true American fans. He should throw away that dirty shirt he wore in Calais.

WS
Go to Top of Page

Mr Grieves
- FB Fan -

88 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2003 :  09:25:05  Show Profile  Visit Mr Grieves's Homepage  Click to see Mr Grieves's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Whiskeyshoes

FB should get some balls and tell the French to Fuck off. They don't deserve taking his time away from his true American fans. He should throw away that dirty shirt he wore in Calais.

WS

Why don't you just fuck right off, you dickhead? What gives you more of a right to see him than his fans anywhere else? I smell a Republican...

Anywhere, it's bizarre he's opening for Placebo. Target audience?!

They got a ranch they call No. 51!
Go to Top of Page

gracie
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
573 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2003 :  10:00:45  Show Profile
that is a shocking thing to say whiskeyshoes. the french, and might i add english, fans have as much "right" to see fb as anyone else.
Go to Top of Page

PsychicTwin
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1772 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2003 :  10:56:16  Show Profile  Visit PsychicTwin's Homepage
I think Whiskeyshoes was being a little tongue-in-cheek, people. (At least I'm hoping so)
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7437 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2003 :  11:39:16  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage
And now Frank wants to move to the hills of central France... I suspect him of being another one of these sissy anti-war hippies!

Denis
Go to Top of Page

bwolmarans
- FB Fan -

25 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2003 :  23:45:54  Show Profile  Visit bwolmarans's Homepage
Psychic twin et. al.,

I think if he was the joking type, Whiskeyshoes wouldn't have chosen such a serious, conservative screen name. Plus it's always safe to assume people who like the blackster enough to be on this board are redneck enough to assume everybody in France thinks alike and France is a borg where everybody hates the USA, and likewise posters here would never be sarcastic, because there's absolutely nothing sarcastic about any of blackies lyrics, melodies, or chord changes, interviews, album titles, band names, right??

Sincerely,
Desmond Decker ( burning some Beatles albums )

quote:
Originally posted by PsychicTwin

I think Whiskeyshoes was being a little tongue-in-cheek, people. (At least I'm hoping so)

Go to Top of Page

mergzez7
- FB Fan -

France
166 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2003 :  07:44:22  Show Profile  Click to see mergzez7's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by cuic

Hi !

FB (don't know if it's solo or with the C's) will open for Placebo here in Paris, France next October at their arena show in Bercy.
Don't know if they do all the European tour or just the frech date...

Manu

Don't get too excited about this coz last summer Mr Black was also supposed to open a Placebo gig here in Lyon (where the food is so good and the music so nice, it's makes me so happy) and eventually it ended up with Spor (a bizarre band with ex-members from No One Is Innocent). But Placebo performed a cover of Where Is My Mind, which was great, except that Molko didn't know the lyrics of the second verse.

Anyway, Mr Black in Paris, Mergzez in Paris.

zez
Go to Top of Page

mergzez7
- FB Fan -

France
166 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2003 :  07:59:24  Show Profile  Click to see mergzez7's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Whiskeyshoes

WS

Oops,i forgot this : people hate the US coz of people like you wiskeyshoes, which is perfectly unfair for the clever people there. i'm sorry to read such things, and i'm sorry for writing that, coz we just should have all ignored your post.

zez
Go to Top of Page

pong
= Cult of Ray =

France
315 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2003 :  09:40:26  Show Profile  Visit pong's Homepage
great speak zez.
i was thinking about a different thing to answer to whiskeyshoes that "YOU ARE A FUCKING DICK HEAD", and you a wrote a good answer : to ignore those kind of speaking.

- Pong

"i'll be on the first fligh"
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
5999 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2003 :  06:45:24  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address
Not to bring the US-France discussion to another low.
But be aware of the fact that when Frank started out with the pixies
he had more succes in Europe then in the US. They broke first in Holland,France and England (Frank mentioned it in an interview on dutch radio back in 99)
There even were reviews of Bossanova speaking of a DEBUT album of this NEW band the Pixies. I mean come on! If Frank Black should tour anywhere it should be my backyard. ;)

''it's not a box, it's a submarine''
Go to Top of Page

Stuart
- The Clopser -

China
2291 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2003 :  21:23:28  Show Profile  Visit Stuart's Homepage
Thats true.... and to be honest Frank Black spends most of his time nowadays touring the US, so a trip to Europe wouldn't go amiss.... I'm praying that FB&C will confirm their attendance at the Roskilde Festival next month as I'm jetting back from China to see it and couldn't think of a better surprise than Frank and the boys announcing their attendance.

People shouldn't go telling other members to fuck off for stuff they have written as what could be meant in jest, is often misinterpreted..... email / postings are classic for that.

War....... Its Fantastic
Go to Top of Page

Stuart
- The Clopser -

China
2291 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2003 :  21:25:33  Show Profile  Visit Stuart's Homepage
Also, why is Frank Black opening for a crap band like Placebo.... Frank & the Catholics shouldn't open for anyone!

War....... Its Fantastic
Go to Top of Page

The Holiday Son
= Quote Accumulator =

France
1992 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2003 :  23:40:35  Show Profile  Visit The Holiday Son's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Stuart
[brFrank & the Catholics shouldn't open for anyone!

Amen to that.

Also, I think Whiskeyshoes was kidding.
Go to Top of Page

mergzez7
- FB Fan -

France
166 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2003 :  01:52:30  Show Profile  Click to see mergzez7's MSN Messenger address
I don't care who they open for as long as they come here. Soon.

zez
Go to Top of Page

Omer
= Cult of Ray =

275 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2003 :  08:48:21  Show Profile
wouldn't it be cool if Frank opened for Lou Reed? he could sing "I've been tired" as a tribute. Or he could open us for Bowie and sing '10 Precenter' and 'Western Star'. Or he could open us for Dylan and play 'Changing of the Guards', or he could play 'His Kingly Cave' openning up for Elvis...
Go to Top of Page

astroman
- FB Fan -

Portugal
84 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2003 :  12:21:47  Show Profile
Right Omer:-) or he can play Gigantic for Delacroix or Charlie don´t surf...

Private joking time :-)
Go to Top of Page

Omer
= Cult of Ray =

275 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2003 :  01:39:42  Show Profile
LoL Miguel
Go to Top of Page

Sheamus
= Cult of Ray =

Australia
345 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2003 :  02:39:42  Show Profile  Visit Sheamus's Homepage  Click to see Sheamus's MSN Messenger address
I don’t think that Frank would be self righteous enough to refuse. Placebo are obviously fans, and he isn't going to say "Placebo, we are above them, they don't deserve to play with us, let alone have us open for them, rah rah!".

It's a gig, they get paid, they expose their music to a wider audience. No matter what your opinion on the two band's music is, fact of the matter is that Placebo are a LOT more popular than FB and the Cs. If Placebo were to open for FBC, you'd get a hoard of Placebo fans who would go just to see Placebo, then leave, and then you'd all get very annoyed at that too.

Who cares? At least you guys have the privilege of seeing Frank live on a regular or semi-regular basis. The last time he played in Australia was 1994, I was 11 years old and had never heard of the man.

Edited by - Sheamus on 05/24/2003 02:42:12
Go to Top of Page

mergzez7
- FB Fan -

France
166 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2003 :  15:02:58  Show Profile  Click to see mergzez7's MSN Messenger address
You're right, I only think it's a pity they should open for anyone, that means it will be a short set, while they're used to playing for 3 hours. And there'll be all those teenage Placebo fans who won't be able to apreciate the music coz they'll be waiting for Molko.

zez
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
5999 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2003 :  15:23:07  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address
like Red Hot Chille Pepper fans who disliked FB when he opened up for them in Utrecht,Holland.
They even called him names and Flea made fun of FB immetating the little chant FB does before All my Ghost (it's on the lowlands gig in the FTP section)

Go to Top of Page

Stuart
- The Clopser -

China
2291 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2003 :  00:42:24  Show Profile  Visit Stuart's Homepage
Ive been to plenty of gigs where the opening band get unnecessary shit from the crowd.

Is Placebo on straight after Frank, or is there another band before Placebo? If there is another band then I cannot understand why Frank would want to do that... as opening bands are often not given the credit they deserve. I guess Frank must have his reasons.

As for the Chilli's..... man they suck!

War....... Its Fantastic
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
5999 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2003 :  03:12:07  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address
funk must die

Go to Top of Page

Stuart
- The Clopser -

China
2291 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2003 :  07:52:51  Show Profile  Visit Stuart's Homepage
Here Here!

War....... Its Fantastic
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan Bennett
- FB Fan -

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2003 :  09:39:47  Show Profile  Visit Jonathan Bennett's Homepage
whiskey shoes is dumb.

frank in france equals world peace.

I'm an american who still enjoys french fries. all those "patriotic" douchebags with the freedom fries blow.

J. Bennett
http://www.smallestsound.com
Go to Top of Page

jOb
- FB Fan -

Ireland
17 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2003 :  12:03:17  Show Profile
Whiskey shoes...come on you can't be serious!? Are you aware of how unpopular American politics are with the rest of the world at the moment? I hope to God that you don't mean what you said! i'm sick of America being the irrefutable and ungodly rulers of the world! did you find any WMD's in Iraq...NO! You claim to be making the "free-world" a safer place? The only thing we need protecting from is America!!!
i know you're not all like WHISKEY SHOES to whom I say; go eat your "freedom fries" and distribute mini-american flags.....Bring back Bill Clinton!!!

I'm afraid of Americans!!-Bowie

America is the home of the hypocrite!!-Violent femmes
Go to Top of Page

debaser
- FB Fan -

France
120 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2003 :  06:34:26  Show Profile
> FB (don't know if it's solo or with the C's)

according to fnac.net it is with the C's.

They tried to give me advice
Down at the record shop
-Frank Black
Go to Top of Page

PsychicTwin
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1772 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2003 :  08:54:28  Show Profile  Visit PsychicTwin's Homepage
Anyone who advocates "freedom fries" or any sentiment along those lines can shove 'em fries up his or her ass.

The U.S. is in dire straits as far as foreign policy goes right now, all because Bush and his lackeys have a huge hard-on for preaching their born-again Christian bullshit and obviously don't have the faintest idea why multi-lateral approaches are so very significant when you are dealing with a country like Iraq that already hates America's guts to begin with.

I just hope that all you Europeans/Middle Easterners/Non-Americans realize that the views/actions of an arrogant, myopic, stupid president and his army of shit-shovelling, money-hungry sycophants don't reflect the sentiments of a whole lot of U.S. citizens.

(Excuse the mid-day political rant)
Go to Top of Page

MiscellaneousFiles
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
95 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2003 :  09:06:26  Show Profile  Visit MiscellaneousFiles's Homepage  Click to see MiscellaneousFiles's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by PsychicTwin

I just hope that all you Europeans/Middle Easterners/Non-Americans realize that the views/actions of an arrogant, myopic, stupid president and his army of shit-shovelling, money-hungry sycophants don't reflect the sentiments of a whole lot of U.S. citizens.

It's very relieving to hear this...
Go to Top of Page

speedy_m
= Frankofile =

Canada
3581 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2003 :  09:09:50  Show Profile
I say we bring back Liberty Cabbage. I still don't trust those Germans.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000