Frank Black meets Adam and Joe
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

guy_nolan
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
417 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2003 :  09:50:36  Show Profile  Click to see guy_nolan's MSN Messenger address
Has anyone seen the episode of the 'Adam and Joe show' where they have Frank Black as a guest on 'Vinyl Justice'. (People in the UK will know what I'm talking about). I used to watch the show all the time and never remember seeing that interview. If anyone has the tape of that show why not try to arrange getting it on the ftp server. Or even a transcript would be cool. Here's a link to the webchat where I saw this mentioned.

http://www.channel4.com/community/showcards/A/Adam_and_Joe.html

Your darling critic

Itchload
= Cult of Ray =

USA
891 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2003 :  10:21:34  Show Profile
No, I saw when Mark E Smith was on it, but I live in the US so I'm not able to see these things.
Go to Top of Page

therewererumours
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1240 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2003 :  17:03:02  Show Profile  Visit therewererumours's Homepage
They had a cardboard cut out of Frank ala TOTY cover in thier studio room place for awhile and one of them is on the Gouge documentary. I love thier show, would have really loved to have seen that episode. They should recreate Pixies and Frank videos in the cuddly toy stylie! What animal do you think they'd use to play Frank? Thier really funny on that smut show on E4 where they just do voice overs to weird shit from other countries.

"We're off to Button Moon, we've followed Mr Spoon......"
Go to Top of Page

The Holiday Son
= Quote Accumulator =

France
2002 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2003 :  00:45:26  Show Profile  Visit The Holiday Son's Homepage
I have seen that episode.
short but fun.
Go to Top of Page

Ten Percenter
- FB Enquirer -

United Kingdom
1733 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2003 :  06:42:18  Show Profile
Going even further back - who remembers Frank's great performance on Juke Box Jury, fronted by Jools Holland, in c1990? It was still in the days of the Pixies - thus he was referred to as Black Francis - he was one of four panellists. The only other panellist I can remember who appeared was Jonathan Ross. Poor Frank - he took the piss out of a song and video by Danielle Dax, not knowing that she was a special guest. She appeared from behind the curtain with a batch of cakes she had brought for the panellists. She looked at Frank and told him huffily that she was going to spit on his cake. My recollection is that Frank was really embarrassed. And that, unbelievably, he was relatively kind to Jason Donovan's single.
Go to Top of Page

worldsforgottenboy
- FB Fan -

Ireland
3 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2003 :  01:59:06  Show Profile
I think i have that adam and joe show on video somewhere.if i can get it into computer format and find somewhere to stick it up then i'll let you guys know. this is the one where frank does a bryan ferry(?) impression, i think. oh it was so long ago.....

Look outhoney cos i'm using technology
Go to Top of Page

sharkey
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
65 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2003 :  12:49:31  Show Profile  Click to see sharkey's MSN Messenger address
If this is of any help, that particular "Vinyl Justice" was in the 3rd series of Adam & Joe. Also in the first series Bad Dad reviewed "Men In Black" and if i remember right, he gave it single of the week

Edited by - sharkey on 05/15/2003 11:55:22
Go to Top of Page

The Holiday Son
= Quote Accumulator =

France
2002 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2003 :  03:18:19  Show Profile  Visit The Holiday Son's Homepage
The best part of the show is when they find "Cult of Ray" in Frank's CD Folder:
- Do you ever find yourself listenning to your own music Mr Black?
- Ah You know, only when I'm masturbating.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000