New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

WillRadcliffe
- FB Fan -

Kazakhstan
1 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2003 :  08:23:45  Show Profile
Just want to say that this is by far the best FB website I've so far come across!
I've been a big FB fan since the Pixies and find his solo albums and the more recent and down-to-earth FB&C's stuff universally interesting, clever, intelligent and generally brilliant. In a way, and I'm a little ashamed to mention it, the fact that he is so undervalued by the majority of the popular music press adds to his appeal.
Although I don't agree that his music is particularly 'difficult' to listen to, it does require perseverance for the uninitiated and those who are unwilling to go beyond the normal teenage-angst, wet-the-bed introspection of modern indie-rock. (I will admit to being a big Smiths fan).
I find his music very American in a way, although I've never actually been there! But when I do hire that cadillac to travel from east to west coast and back again, Frank Black's soundtrack will be the one that I'll be cruising to!

PsychicTwin
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1772 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2003 :  09:57:45  Show Profile  Visit PsychicTwin's Homepage
Amen brutha! Welcome to the board.
Go to Top of Page

mereubu
= FB QuizMistress =

USA
2677 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2003 :  11:02:41  Show Profile  Visit mereubu's Homepage
Welcome aboard, Mr. Radcliffe. I spent a school year in Oxford in '89. Nice town you got there.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2003 :  11:32:56  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Yes, welcome aboard. And it's all about the eclectic tastes, I don't care what anybody says.
Go to Top of Page

mergzez7
- FB Fan -

France
166 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2003 :  15:24:39  Show Profile  Click to see mergzez7's MSN Messenger address
It took a long time for me to log in because i'm not used at all to technology, so now i can say what I've been willing to say since december 22, 2002 : Strummer's dead, so please tell mr. Black to take care of himself.

zez
Go to Top of Page

Stuart
- The Clopser -

China
2291 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2003 :  02:35:03  Show Profile  Visit Stuart's Homepage
Welcome aboard, this is indeed a cool place with cool people and several cool subject matters. Enjoy yourself.

International Air Guitar Hitman
Go to Top of Page

mergzez7
- FB Fan -

France
166 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2003 :  11:44:29  Show Profile  Click to see mergzez7's MSN Messenger address
Thanks.
(however)
You wrote "cool people", but you all seem to know everything about FB's life and where he goes and what he reads and what he eats... Are you all psychopaths?

zez
Go to Top of Page

PsychicTwin
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1772 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2003 :  15:32:48  Show Profile  Visit PsychicTwin's Homepage
I'm not really that obsessive over Frank Black. more like I'm obsessed with his music. as far as his personal life is concerned, that's his to have!

Now, i AM indeed a psychopath...but for different reasons. let's just not get into that. (:
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2003 :  16:20:53  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Psychopath? It's never been clinically proven. But as the bio boy-oh, I suppose it's my job to be at least a part-time psychopath, at least that's what Zanni told me got me the job. :)
Go to Top of Page

faceforaudio
- FB Fan -

40 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2003 :  16:51:06  Show Profile
THIS WEBSITE AND FORUM ARE FUCKING ADDICTIVE
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2003 :  00:51:57  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Agreed. Heck, I've been a member for less than a month and I've got 313 posts (at ~12/day), I'm the new bio-guy, and I'm compiling the tribute CD. Addicting? That doesn't even begin to cover it.

Incidentally, for those who are a little alarmed at my evil rise to power, rest assured I've been visiting the site since the third day it was up. Ooops, I shouldn't have referred to my rise to power as evil. Oh well.
Go to Top of Page

Little Black Francis
> Teenager of the Year <

3648 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2003 :  03:03:54  Show Profile
damn dude

"Snooch to the muthaf**kin Nooch"
Go to Top of Page

faceforaudio
- FB Fan -

40 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2003 :  08:51:38  Show Profile
LOOK OUT OPRAH WE HAVE A NEW RISE TO EVIL!!! AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000