New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rivum
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
256 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2024 :  09:40:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
next month will be the 20th reunion of the first reunion show in minneapolis!
i don't know what i'm more stunned by - that it's been 20 years or that it happened at all...
at the time i was shocked they were reuniting!

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2024 :  11:10:51  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That was such a weird phenomenon

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?
Go to Top of Page

Mad Lucas
- FB Fan -

Australia
142 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2024 :  02:28:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow that makes me feel old...
Go to Top of Page

Stevio10
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1072 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2024 :  03:51:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember at the time thinking the reunited Pixies looked so old. Now when I look at photos of their reunion I think they look relatively young!
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2024 :  03:59:27  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stevio10

I remember at the time thinking the reunited Pixies looked so old. Now when I look at photos of their reunion I think they look relatively young!

You are correct
Weird how that works

Go to Top of Page

Jamie
- FB Fan -

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2024 :  12:42:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I felt like people weirdly didn't realize, even at the time, that Joey and Charles weren't 40 yet when the Pixies got back together.
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2024 :  14:24:32  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm not even 40 till later this year
But I feel a 1000 years old tbh

Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1225 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2024 :  16:17:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jamie

I felt like people weirdly didn't realize, even at the time, that Joey and Charles weren't 40 yet when the Pixies got back together.

Which means he made TOTY in his 20s. Kinda incredible!
Go to Top of Page

Joey Joe Jo Jr. Chabadoo
* Dog in the Sand *

1056 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2024 :  10:17:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is probably what must be special when you're 20 years old in the year 2000 and when you were conceptually prepared for it. You will remain as young as what you will see of the millennium. For the the worth it and the worst. Having discovered Pixies (without the The) in 1994, I would have waited only 10 years before seeing them reunited. However, these 10 years felt to me both like an eternity and a mere fantastic impossibility. In the meantime, following Frank Black's solo career religiously was a gradual initiation to leave adolescence behind. I gained and then lost friends thanks to Pixies. In 2013, Kim Deal's removal allowed the band to sanctify her, and allowed me to become friend with the music of the Breeders, which had been a big taboo for me until then…
In 2024, getting rid of Paz Lenchantin, her replacement, just before celebrating Bossanova and Trompe Le Monde was undoubtedly an unconscious move by Black Francis to do what he had planned to do with Kim Deal just before recording the aforementioned albums. Beyond the history and legend (is there a myth?) of Pixies, these days, my children want to hear Indie Cindy (the song) when we're in the car. I emphasize that she comes from Los Angeles, but they probably think I'm a sad punk... so I continue my journey to Roswell. #IwantmyFrankBlackback (obscure things from the past) would be a good title for an autobiography whose guiding thread would be Pixies and how they have defined to better deceive my world and my dreams that often became reality. I’m working at it...

++++

Edited by - Joey Joe Jo Jr. Chabadoo on 04/03/2024 10:35:33
Go to Top of Page

Stevio10
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1072 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2024 :  14:16:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Found this old interview from 2006, some nice things to revisit. Would love a Frank Black/Mick Harvey collaboration.

https://www.uncut.co.uk/features/an-audience-with-frank-black-17356/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000