Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1461 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2004 :  15:48:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i love that quote.

i think frank may be setting something up. i wouldn't be surprised if the new pixies album is already completed and they'll release it during the fall tour. can't ask for better timing with all the publicity and great tour reviews. when it does come out it would be nice if they sold copies at their tour shows. i'd be more than happy to see my money going directly to the artists rather than some schmecord company who is spending all their money in trying to manufacture the next britney spears.

"I joined the Cult of Frank/ and I got a free t-shirt with this dude on it."

whoreatthedoor
> Teenager of the Year <

Spain
2873 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2004 :  23:46:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Absolutely right! I want these guys to take my money, nobody else. They deserve it.
I have to go to a fest to see them, so every band on the show have a part of my 50 euros, when I came only to see the Pixies.

"¿Qué estás buscando? ¿Te gustaría multiplicarte por diez, por cien?, ¿Estás buscando adeptos? ¡Busca ceros entonces!"
Go to Top of Page

frank_black_francis
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
895 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2004 :  05:41:32  Show Profile  Visit frank_black_francis's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'd like to take this opportunity to say, for the record, that I coined the term "Schm..." ... for example: Deal - Schmeal, Lard - Schmard, Diarrhea - Schmiarrhea.

It all started in 1932 when a young optimist name Mortimer Mac (a friend of mine) said he wanted to start a truck company. He wanted to create a whole fleet of trucks that he envisioned would eventually take over container transport. My response? Truck - Schmuck...truth is, I really wanted to call him a schmuck. So I guess my flavor for witty remarks took hold about then and has been copied ever since. Now Frank Black is quoting my line and I have to say...I'm proud.
Go to Top of Page

The Champ
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
736 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2004 :  08:09:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why wouldnt he release a new album under his Fb&C label, or some other small company, im sure they would get an amazing deal, considering they dont need a huge label to push a new CD at all. Fuck it could be done entirely online.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2004 :  08:27:24  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
FBF, you didn't coin that. I did in nineteen dickety two.

"When 5000 posts you reach / Look as good you will not, hmmm?"
Go to Top of Page

VoVat
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2004 :  10:14:19  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
So the Kaiser stole YOUR word for twenty, too?

Cattle in Korea / They can really moo.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2004 :  10:32:37  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Heh, yup. Damn him.

I was also the one who set dogs and cats against each other.

Go to Top of Page

VoVat

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2004 :  13:11:29  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
But did you invent the terlet?

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2004 :  13:19:12  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just the word... before then they were called stinky caverns.

I remember, you'd say, "Ma, I'm going out to the stinky cavern. I'll be back in a fortnight."

Used to walk dickety-three miles to get to the nearest stinky cavern in my day. Nowadays, people can just hop in their cars. Back then, we'd tie an onion to our belts... which was the style at the time... it helped mask some of the smell.

Go to Top of Page

VoVat

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2004 :  15:43:07  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
And back in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on them. "Give me five bees for a quarter," you'd say.

Go to Top of Page

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2004 :  13:32:22  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I absolutely love that quote and applaud Mr. Thompson for saying it. I bet the RIAA is just fuming about it.
Go to Top of Page

VoVat

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2004 :  13:51:13  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well, the RIAA apparently only exists to fume about stuff and bully people, so I would say that's a good guess.

Go to Top of Page

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2004 :  14:45:41  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah. I'm just imagining the bigwigs, instead of saying the usual "grumble grumble this" or "grumble grumble that," they're saying "grumble grumble Pixies. Grumble grumble think they can do it themselves. Grumble grumble lawsuit."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000