AC (Of the Central Air variety.)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TheCroutonFuton
- Mr. Setlists -

USA
1728 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2004 :  13:03:41  Show Profile  Visit TheCroutonFuton's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Central Air is one of the greatest inventions ever. EVER. I can vividly remember times without it and how miserable the heat made everyone.

"Freedom is a state of mind and the condition and position of your ass. Free your mind and your ass will follow." - Funkadelic

The Calistanian
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1342 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2004 :  13:49:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Although, I've been to Florida a few times, and they overdo it. It'll be like 95 degrees F and humid outside, and then you go into a restaurant, and it'll be 60 degrees F with no humidity. It's too rash of a temperature change.

Or am I just a complainer?

1. I am a fsh with no i's.
2. You must be wearing Zubaz, 'cause you're daring to be different.
3. I am a man with 3 fingers...but that doesn't count my index finger nor my thumb.
Go to Top of Page

offerw
* Dog in the Sand *

South Africa
1264 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2004 :  13:56:07  Show Profile  Click to see offerw's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
"Air conditioning – or AC to give it it’s car dashboard abbreviation – is the essence of the USA, its atmosphere, its very breath. It’s what embraces you refreshingly when you arrive sticky and rumpled at one of her airports. It’s what caresses your feet soothingly in the rental car. It’s what greets you briskly when you step into a shop, office or restaurant. It’s the distant whirring and humming in the night, the reassuring sound of 24hr American thoughtfulness, ingenuity, luxury, comfort – busy and dutiful on our behalf while we are sleeping."
From Mark Simpson's site. The whole article: http://www.marksimpson.com/pages/journalism/global_cooling_times.html

wilhelm

Edited by - offerw on 07/02/2004 13:56:46
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000