New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vince
- FB Fan -

France
10 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  01:44:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, yesterday was the last (and, as I expected it to be, the least) of the pixies Paris shows.

Of course not as good as the zenith show, the audience was awful, not responding, not moving, but clapping all the time, so on...

I don't regret at all going, though, since they played the uk surf version of Wave of mutilation, which they haden't played before, much to my sadness...

Anyway, I left after 6 or 7 rhcp songs, completely awful, like a dream band in reverse...
(but the rest of the audience seemed to enjoy it... stupid cunts...)

jujube
- FB Fan -

Kiribati
29 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  01:53:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From "Le Parisien" :

Les Red Hot rois du Parc

LA SOIRÉE devait commencer, hier soir au Parc des Princes, par le passage des rappeurs The Roots. Las, ils ont annulé pour une raison inconnue. Quant à l'autre groupe programmé, The Pixies, ils ont fait piètre impression, livrant un rock braillard et sans âme, presque daté.
Dire qu'au début des années 1990, avant leur séparation, ces Américains emmenés par l'imposant chanteur Frank Black passaient pour des champions dans leur catégorie... Passons donc sur cette reformation opportuniste et sans conviction, tout juste honorable.
Rien que du bonheur Les rois du stade, hier, étaient incontestablement les Red Hot Chili Peppers. En très grande forme, ces quatre Californiens ont fait bondir sans peine la marée humaine de gamins et de moins jeunes massée sur la pelouse du Parc des Princes, sans fioritures ni effets de manche. C'est peut-être cela, une formule rodée : une basse virtuose (le tatoué Flea) et une batterie (Chad Smith) qui s'accordaient parfaitement pour délivrer un imparable piston rythmique, un guitariste (John Frusciante) revenu au firmament après quelques errances. Et, enfin, un chanteur (Anthony Kiedis) au sommet de son charisme. Entre eux et la France, c'est, comme le notait Flea à mi-concert, depuis presque deux décennies, une histoire d'amour. Alors, le Parc des Princes s'est levé, a dansé et les Red Hot Chili Peppers, une variété de rockeurs élevés à un funk particulièrement turbulent, lui a donné tous les tubes qu'il voulait, et plus encore : une reprise, en intermède du « I Feel Love » de Sylvester, « Californication », « Under The Bridge », « Give It Away »... Au rappel, le batteur est même arrivé sur scène avec un maillot de l'équipe de France. Bref, grâce à eux, rien que du bonheur, hier soir, en plein air, au Parc des Princes.

Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3426 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  02:07:26  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
babelfish translation....didn'tlike the Pixies much..poor fellow.

The EVENING was to start, yesterday evening with the Park of the Princes, by the passage of the rappeurs The Roots. Mow, they cancelled for an unknown reason. As for l'autre programmed group, The Pixies, they made poor impression, delivering a rock'n'roll bawler and without heart, almost dated. To tell to qu'au beginning of the years 1990, before their separation, these Americans taken along by l'imposant singer Frank Black passed for champions in their category... Thus let us pass on this opportunist reformation and without conviction, just honourable. Only happiness the kings of the stage, yesterday, were incontestably Red Hot Chile Peppers. In very great form, these four Californian made leap without sorrow the great flood of people less young kids and massed on the lawn of the Park of the Princes, without ornaments nor ram recoveries. C'est perhaps that, a ground formula: a low virtuoso (tattooed Flea) and a battery (Chad Smith) which s'accordaient perfectly to deliver a imparable rhythmic piston, a guitarist (John Frusciante) income with firmament after some errances. And, finally, a singer (Anthony Kiedis) at the top of his charisma. Between them and France, c'est, as Flea with semi-concert had noted it, for almost two decades, a history d'amour. Then, the Park of the Princes s'est raised, danced and Red Hot Chile Peppers, a variety of rockeurs raised with a particularly turbulent funk, gave him all the tubes qu'il wanted, and more still: a recovery, in interlude of "I Feel Coils" of Sylvester, "Californication", "Under The Bridge", "Give It Away"... At the recall, the beater even arrived on scene with a shirt of l'équipe of France. In short, thanks to them, only of happiness, yesterday evening, in the open air, with the Park of the Princes.

You Know You Want To!
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2452 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  02:11:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"A battery (Chad Smith)... deliver a imparable rhythmic piston" LOL
Go to Top of Page

sloy
- FB Fan -

France
93 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  02:41:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
c'etait quoi le set list des pixies voir des red hot (si vous avez)

sloy
Go to Top of Page

Mister pink
- FB Fan -

France
43 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  05:22:16  Show Profile  Visit Mister pink's Homepage  Reply with Quote
la voila .. je l'ai note durand le show donc sure a 99%

Bone machine
cactus
I Bleed
River Euphrates
Wave Of Mutilation
Isla de Encanta
CAribou
U Mass
Monkey Gone To Heaven
Gouge Away
Dead
Hey
Debaser
Tame
Gigantic
In Heavenn
Wave Of Mutilation (ujk surf !!! enfin )
Nimrod's son
Vamos (joey a pas lacher sa gratte, il l'a gardé autour du coup ...)
WIMM

http://the.pixies.free.fr
Go to Top of Page

sloy
- FB Fan -

France
93 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  05:50:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
merci

sloy
Go to Top of Page

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7441 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  06:05:39  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ufff... I'm relieved, some guy in my office told me this morning "The Pixies played their new song yesterday" and I thought "What? You mean they played Bam Thwok??". Now I believe the dumbass probably considered Where Is My Mind as a new song. Haha.

Denis
Go to Top of Page

vince
- FB Fan -

France
10 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  06:24:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I admit I expected them to play it : It was the official day for its release, so...
Go to Top of Page

vince
- FB Fan -

France
10 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  06:30:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jujube
From "Le Parisien" :

Les Red Hot rois du Parc

Yeah, but you must know that Le Parisien is widely recognised here as one of the worse french papers.
Nearly as bad as uk tabloids.
Expect nothing but stupidity from them, and so, you won't be disappointed.
Go to Top of Page

Mister pink
- FB Fan -

France
43 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  07:31:01  Show Profile  Visit Mister pink's Homepage  Reply with Quote
le parisien is really a fucking news paper .. the people doesn't know woh is good and who is bad .. and i'm sure the guy who wrote this paper is a sonny bono fan

Go to Top of Page

Nono le petit lutin
- FB Fan -

France
167 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  08:12:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I read somewhere (don't tell me where, I can't remember) that Pixies planned to play "Bam Thwok" for the first time during the fall american tour.
It is said Disclive will work with the band again, recording several shows (as they did for the first 15 shows after the reunion), so maybe we just have to have a look from time to time at dislive.com and check if it's played, and then order the cd.

the man who is too loud
- FB Fan -

33 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2004 :  05:40:09  Show Profile  Click to see the man who is too loud's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Is there a possibility to purchase or download the parc des princes show?
Go to Top of Page

Mister pink
- FB Fan -

France
43 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2004 :  07:17:51  Show Profile  Visit Mister pink's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i think all the guys taped RHCP show and not the pixies one ..
but if you find it .. i'm your man

Go to Top of Page

Douglas
= Cult of Ray =

Sweden
308 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2004 :  08:40:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the audience was awful, not responding, not moving, but clapping all the time, so on...
[/quote]

Yeah, I was there. the audience was beyond awful!!!! they can't ever have been to a rock concert before! me and my friends were so pissed off! All the energy, the kick you get from the music just was lost because all the stupid people that had to go stand right infront of the stage but couldn't take the pressure of it.... damn.
Go to Top of Page

Douglas
= Cult of Ray =

Sweden
308 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2004 :  06:20:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BTW, does anyone know the name of that thing that replaced the roots? not even the RHCP official homepage has any info on that artist.
Go to Top of Page

vince
- FB Fan -

France
10 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2004 :  06:50:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Douglas

BTW, does anyone know the name of that thing that replaced the roots? not even the RHCP official homepage has any info on that artist.

I wasn't there yet, but I saw a piece of paper when I left that said "The roots cancelled, replaced by Nosfell"
Go to Top of Page

Douglas
= Cult of Ray =

Sweden
308 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2004 :  07:54:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vince

quote:

I wasn't there yet, but I saw a piece of paper when I left that said "The roots cancelled, replaced by Nosfell"

merci beacoup!
Go to Top of Page

cross morris
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2004 :  03:11:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I was right at the front. This was not intentional- I arrived early by accident and ended up being given a yellow armband. Part of the reason the audience at the front were so rubbish is because 95% of them were waiting to see RHCP.

I thought the Pixies tried their hardest to get the crowd interested, but the RHCP fans only seemed to like the slow clap-a-long songs like Hey or WIMM.

I got some photos which I'll try and put up later this week, but they are a bit shaky (my hands were shaking since it was the first time I'd seen the Pixies!).

Best moments for me:

1. Frank Black playing his guitar with one hand in his pocket
2. Kim making a mess of trying to smoke and play bass at the same time
3. Isla de encanta - the only point at which the audience started to move!
4. Dave using the echo in the stadium to good effect in Hey

Like a few other Pixies fans I stayed for about 5 RHCP songs, but left early.
Go to Top of Page

Douglas
= Cult of Ray =

Sweden
308 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2004 :  09:55:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cross morris

I got some photos which I'll try and put up later this week, but they are a bit shaky (my hands were shaking since it was the first time I'd seen the Pixies!).

Did you have a digital camera? did you possibly film anything. because in case you did I think I saw you.
Go to Top of Page

cross morris
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2004 :  03:25:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Did you have a digital camera? did you possibly film anything. because in case you did I think I saw you.

I did have a digital camera, but I didn't film anything since I've not worked out how to use that feature yet. If you saw someone with a black top with Pixies written across the back, that was me!
Go to Top of Page

Douglas
= Cult of Ray =

Sweden
308 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2004 :  09:32:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cross morris

If you saw someone with a black top with Pixies written across the back, that was me!

ah, no, you were not the one I was thinking of; he had a white t-shirt. I was thinking of asking him for his e-mail adress but I chickened out... or lost him. don't remember.

you might have seen me though since I was the only one jumping (really high too, yeah ) when they entered the stage.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000