Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

offerw
* Dog in the Sand *

South Africa
1264 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2004 :  12:15:07  Show Profile  Click to see offerw's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
This incredible show still lingers in my thoughts. I liked that they started with La La Love You and Winterlong. Frank put all his energy into the performance, I watched closely how he readied his whole body for the screams. Maybe the sound wasn't too good all over the venue but from where I was standing his singing was perfect. Frank's orange Atomic Records T-shirt was torn at the left arm. This didn't also happen during the show, right? The Pixies are steadily working their way through T-shirts and guitars.

Any signs of some good recordings of this show? I'd love to hear the show again, during some of the songs I had to protect my head from the boots of crowd surfers and could not concentrate on the music.

What did you guys think of Ash? The crowd at the front of the stage was very much into it and some crowd surfing started during Kung Fu. They played a good set but were too showy for my tastes. The flaming guitar, the rock poses, the pretty girl guitarist.Irony? I was having a chuckle at the drummer. He had these staring eyes and huge dilated pupils, he looked like a very frightened drummer boy. The girl from Ash who took some pictures of the Pixies with a very expensive looking huge digital camera, she was standing in front of me in the security area below the stage. I wish she would/ could put those pics up on the net.

wilhelm

Edited by - offerw on 06/19/2004 12:17:25
Go to Top of Page

Nono le petit lutin
- FB Fan -

France
167 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2004 :  16:35:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm glad you enjoyed that show, man. That was awesome. They played as many songs as June 7th show but they changed 25% of the setlist (aaaaah Trompe le monde ...).
I guess you don't regret your stay !
Did you visit Paris a little ? Had you ever been to Paris ?

I didn't find those blue Trompe lettering t-shirts you talked about ... because I haven't really looked around after the show ... maybe in Belfort (festival les Eurockéennes in july).
... Or I will go to a t-shirt printer and ask for what I want.

offerw
* Dog in the Sand *

South Africa
1264 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2004 :  03:47:32  Show Profile  Click to see offerw's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I stayed in Paris till Friday, I had a very good time. I've been to Paris a few times before and I love it a little more every time I'm there. We watched the France/ Croatia game in the square in front of the Hotel de Ville which was great fun.

If it will make you feel any better, that T-shirt I was talking about is realy crap quality. When I washed it after the show half the lettering peeled off. I did get another nice shirt at the Zenith show, long sleeved shirt with the Trompe "P" on the front and the tour dates at the back. It also says www.4ad.com at the back. I doubt if these are official 4ad shirts but check their site.

What did you think of Ash?

wilhelm
Go to Top of Page

Nono le petit lutin
- FB Fan -

France
167 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2004 :  05:04:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know what, Offerw ? I saw a special game on the Place de l'Hotel de Ville in 1998 during the world cup ... France vs South Africa !
Funny, no ?
There was a great atmosphere (and in the whole country during that summer ...).
Don't worry about that t-shirt quest I'm going through, I'm far from suiciding myself cos I did'nt find it.
I'm sorry yours sucks. I hope you didn't pay it too expensive ...
But I found a t-shirt printing shop in Paris, so one day I'll go there and show them exactly what I want. I just have to find good quality Pixies images or pictures (that Trompe P for example ...).

Ash is a good band. I like their pop/punk/rock music. I've got all their lps. It's not particularly original and it's sometimes "commercial" but it's fun. I saw them a few weeks (or months ... time's passing so fast) in a very small place in Paris and it was a very punchy show ... and Charloote Hatterley (guitarist) was wearing a minijupe and was bare foot ... (mamma mia).
Last monday, sound was not very good during their set. I'm glad to have seen them before, otherwise I would have been disappointed.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000