Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

otisredding
- FB Fan -

11 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2004 :  16:15:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm amazed !!

A big big gig !

Anybody got the set list i've lost my last neurons ...

Joey broke involuntarily his guitar during Vamos solo

3 encore ...

The Holiday Son
= Quote Accumulator =

France
2001 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2004 :  16:39:48  Show Profile  Visit The Holiday Son's Homepage  Reply with Quote
And the way I feel tonight I could die and I wouldn't mind
Best gig ever.
Last week was only a practice session.
Way better playlist, more energy, Frank singing/screaming even better.
Kim laughing her ass off around the 3rd song (Blown Away?), but I don't know why.
Joey indeed broke his golden Les Paul during Vamos. Joey was a sad panda but got a big hug from Frank.
I wish they played Bam Thwok!

Highlights:
Blown Away
Isla De Encanta
Is She Weird?
Head On
In Heaven + Into the White

So much energy in Isla and Head On...

Best gig ever.

Playlist (not in order, except the first four and the encore) :

La La Love You
Winterlong
Blown Away
Where Is My Mind?

Caribou
Vamos
Isla De Encanta
Holiday Song
Levitate Me
Bone Machine
Broken Face
Gigantic
River Euphrates
Debaser
Wave Of Mutilation
Here Comes Your Man
Hey
Gouge Away
Velouria
Is She Weird?
Head On
U-Mass
Subbacultcha
Tame

-
Monkey Gone To Heaven
---
Planet Of Sound
---
In Heaven
Into the White

If someone has a bootleg of this show, please email me.

PS: I had a backstage pass that a friend found last week but I didn't dare use it because I would have looked like an idiot backstage.
Would you have use it?
Go to Top of Page

TheSnake
- FB Fan -

France
20 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  00:31:36  Show Profile  Click to see TheSnake's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Fantastic show!

But what about the begining? I really like LaLa Love You and Winterlong, but I still find that it's a really strange choice to start a show. Anyway, I really enjoyed it, and like many others, I realised and old dream yesterday evening,1h30 of Pixies. WAOUH!!!!

Like the reign of Mastodon, like the alleys of old Lyon
I'll be blue
Go to Top of Page

vince
- FB Fan -

France
10 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  00:47:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you can find the setlist here :
http://setlists.free.fr/pixies/pixies.jpeg
Go to Top of Page

mrgrieves
- FB Fan -

14 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  01:08:46  Show Profile  Visit mrgrieves's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice gig with some surprises like Is she weird and Blown away. But I must say that i'm a bit disapointed and prefered last monday's gig. It was my first Pixies concert yeah and the crowd was more like one big rock shaking earth in front of our 4 favorite lilliputians. Yesterday's gig was a sad day for Joey who broke his Gold top Les Paul (is it so fragile ?). I find Frank didn't sing as well as last monday and Kim proved one more time that she plays bass like noone :( happily (cf gigantic where she was PITOYABLE).
Anyway I was happy to see them again and even more happy since it's not the last gig ;)
Go to Top of Page

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7441 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  01:48:01  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
CRAP! Why did they choose to play all the TLM songs yesterday and not last week? I would've killed to hear Subbacultcha & Head On live! That sucks.

I'm depressed now.

Denis
Go to Top of Page

The Holiday Son
= Quote Accumulator =

France
2001 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  01:56:47  Show Profile  Visit The Holiday Son's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vince

you can find the setlist here :
http://setlists.free.fr/pixies/pixies.jpeg

You add Monkey after Gigantic and you've got yesterday's setlist.
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3426 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  02:01:00  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
so they only added 1 song to the predetermined setlist.....not many..

but what a great setlist....la la and winter...great openers...

You Know You Want To!
Go to Top of Page

offerw
* Dog in the Sand *

South Africa
1264 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  02:18:09  Show Profile  Click to see offerw's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
This show was incredible! I was standing right underneath Frank and he seemed to enjoy every second of the show. The sound was great, the performance perfect and the crowd wild. My favorites: Gouge, Debaser, Caribou (I nearly exploded during the "Repent"s), Planet Of Sound and Into The White.

I don't think a better rock show will be possible.

wilhelm
Go to Top of Page

vince
- FB Fan -

France
10 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  02:40:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
and here are my photos !

http://www.nonewsweb.com/photos/pixies/

Vincent
Go to Top of Page

greg.is.dead
- FB Fan -

4 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  03:33:17  Show Profile  Visit greg.is.dead's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi guys, I'm new here.

I went to both Paris shows and both were terrific but I prefered the first one. IMHO they started with "weak" songs while 06/07 opening was a total explosion. I don't mean bad songs, but songs you'd put in the midlle of the show to cool down a little.
And the end was disappointing because "into the white" was ruined by an awful feedback sound nobody bothered to stop (I guess it came from the zénith amplifiers because they didn't seem to notice it on stage).

Enough complaining, I lost my voice screaming, I lost my hearing, I lost 2kg worth of sweat jumping ! I admire the fact they change their setlist every night and the happyness they display on stage because so many bands perform as they'd go to work... routinely, unsmiling.

To boot, Joey shaking his guitar till the damaged neck breaks was really cool !
Go to Top of Page

vince
- FB Fan -

France
10 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  03:49:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I muuuuuuch prefered yesterday to last week !
I think that to begin with "slow" songs was a good idea, since it got the audience in a "let's hear the music and appreciate it", more than last week, that was "let's jump and scream and, if possible, smithen the people in the first ranks in tiny little bits".
The crowd was more attentive to the music, more communicative the the band, and that was a big difference.

Really, the band seemed in a special mood too, much more happy, even when Joey broke his guitar (RIP)
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3426 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  04:38:39  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
what broke on his guitar?
like did it snap in half or what?

You Know You Want To!
Go to Top of Page

TheSnake
- FB Fan -

France
20 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  04:49:42  Show Profile  Click to see TheSnake's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Benji, just go and see Vince's pics to see the broken guitar

http://www.nonewsweb.com/photos/pixies/

I'll be blue
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3426 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  06:22:42  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
went there, but i don't really know what i'm looking at as i'm no guitar player....
i see a whole in the back of it in 1 photo...
is that what it is?

i apologise for being an idiot.

You Know You Want To!
Go to Top of Page

vince
- FB Fan -

France
10 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  06:25:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, it's not that (this hole is normal, it's where you can access the mecanisms of the guitar).
What got broken is the head of the guitar, you can see it on pic 16.
The head is where the stings are attached to the keys.
Go to Top of Page

vince
- FB Fan -

France
10 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  06:31:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I made a graphical explanation here :
http://www.nonewsweb.com/photos/pixies/guitar.JPG
(god, I'm such a perfect employee...)
Go to Top of Page

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7441 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  06:33:34  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So vince, did you manage to grab the broken guitar head at the end?

Denis
Go to Top of Page

vince
- FB Fan -

France
10 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  06:35:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nope, didn't.
But since it still had all the strings attached, it would have been quite dangerous if they had thrown it in the audience...
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3426 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  06:40:07  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
wow vince, you're my hero.

but i actually noticed that the end of the guitar was missing on that photo, but i thought it must have been to do with shadows....yay - not so much of an idiot afterall!

but how the hell did he break that?

You Know You Want To!

Edited by - benji on 06/15/2004 06:41:56
Go to Top of Page

debaser
- FB Fan -

France
121 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  10:19:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This second Paris gig was better in my opinion.
More TLM songs where played and the band seemed in a great great mood.
Frank spoked a few words in french.

How did he break it ? I don't know really how but the guitar fall on the floor during his vamos thing.
-Pierre

They tried to give me advice
Down at the record shop
-Frank Black
Go to Top of Page

Etienne
- FB Fan -

Japan
115 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  10:43:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was the show taped ?
I know the first show was, but I have no news yet from the taper who wrote down my phone number at the end.

Etienne
Go to Top of Page

TheSnake
- FB Fan -

France
20 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  11:19:26  Show Profile  Click to see TheSnake's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The second show has been taped too, I saw the guy.

I'll be blue
Go to Top of Page

frankblacktaper
- FB Fan -

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  11:21:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the first gig was taped and put on etree last week, if you missed it , well you missed it, i dont know if its still running over there
Go to Top of Page

remig
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1734 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  12:15:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vilainde

CRAP! Why did they choose to play all the TLM songs yesterday and not last week? I would've killed to hear Subbacultcha & Head On live! That sucks.

I'm depressed now.

Denis

Moi aussi, fais chhhhier deux titres de bossa et 3 ou 4 de TLM...merde
Go to Top of Page

greg.is.dead
- FB Fan -

4 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  06:35:21  Show Profile  Visit greg.is.dead's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benji

wow vince, you're my hero.

but i actually noticed that the end of the guitar was missing on that photo, but i thought it must have been to do with shadows....yay - not so much of an idiot afterall!

but how the hell did he break that?

After he fooled with the drumstick, Joey took the guitar along with its base (don't know the actual word) to put it in front of the stage and make noise with his effects pedal. But when he put the base on the floor, the guitar fell from it down into the pit...
The neck was damaged so he took the guitar by its body and shook it till the head went off.
Then he took the guitar wire in his hand and unplugged it. Which is, I think, exacly what he does at the end of the lead on surfer rosa !!!
Go to Top of Page

Mister pink
- FB Fan -

France
43 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  07:34:15  Show Profile  Visit Mister pink's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheSnake

The second show has been taped too, I saw the guy.

I'll be blue

be carrefull about this .. there a guy (quite round .. not big ..) with a rolling stone tee shirt who taped all the gig (red hot, white stripes ..) but sold threir 25€ after the gig
It is really shameful .. when i tape .. i share for free .. so if it was this guy .. we need for someone to buy it and share it

http://the.pixies.free.fr
Go to Top of Page

Mister pink
- FB Fan -

France
43 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  07:37:20  Show Profile  Visit Mister pink's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Playlist (not in order, except the first four and the encore) :

La La Love You
Winterlong
Blown Away
Where Is My Mind?

Caribou
Vamos
Isla De Encanta
Holiday Song
Levitate Me
Bone Machine
Broken Face
Gigantic
River Euphrates
Debaser
Wave Of Mutilation
Here Comes Your Man
Hey
Gouge Away
Velouria
Is She Weird?
Head On
U-Mass
Subbacultcha
Tame

-
Monkey Gone To Heaven
---
Planet Of Sound
---
In Heaven
Into the White

setlist in order and complete

- la la love you
- winterlong
- blown away
- where is my mind ?
- holiday song
- here comes your man
- vamos
- bone machine
- is she weird ?
- levitate me
- velouria
- river euphrates
- head on
- broken face
- isla de encanta
- u-mass
- subbacultcha
- gouge away
- caribou
- tame
- wave of mutilation
- debaser
- hey
- gigantic
- monkey gone to heaven

Encore
- planet of sound

Encore
- in heaven
- into the white

monkey isn't noted on the setlist but played

Go to Top of Page

Nono le petit lutin
- FB Fan -

France
167 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  08:30:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mister pink, I believe you know that you have to tell us how the hell you got that setlist !!!
And how the hell you got it signed !!! (if that's Joey's writing)
You lucky monkey !

Mister pink
- FB Fan -

France
43 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  08:35:43  Show Profile  Visit Mister pink's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the setlist is not mine by a friend (cute girl) one's
When the secu guy looked for someone who gave it many 1m80 guy (like me) cryed but i pointed her .. and the guy gave it to her.
I'm jalous but she a really really big fan (as than me .. so it's logical .. she's not someone who put it somewhere without apreciate it

for the sign it's joey .. the 7 we meet Kim and the 14 joey

Tomorow we can't saw their because of the too big stadium and they left paris during RHCP show i think

Go to Top of Page

Nono le petit lutin
- FB Fan -

France
167 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  08:53:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
aaahhhh, cute girls .....
we guys don't know why and how but they most of the time can make what they want of us ...

where exactly did you meet Kim and Joey ? and how long after the shows ?

I'll see them a third time in Belfort, but there's absolutely no way anyone can approach them in such a festival.

Mister pink
- FB Fan -

France
43 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  09:04:37  Show Profile  Visit Mister pink's Homepage  Reply with Quote
in festival .. without acces badge is't quie impossible .. and belfort (i done it 5 time) is very difficult (but we saw muse but not disturbed them in 2002 during ramstien show at 6m than us .. they were looking the show)

for kim and joey, we wait (15 people ..) to the bus exit and wiat for it. The 7 we saw kim .. inthe begining she gone but we sang "HEY3 and a breeder song and she came for decate everything .. for 10-15min max

Same plan for joey .. (but we didn't sing)
We saw frank but he didn't came

Go to Top of Page

Nono le petit lutin
- FB Fan -

France
167 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  09:24:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He was smiling and welcoming a few months ago at the Bataclan, spending a long time signing tickets and cds.
You could feel he was happy to be there and to share with his fans.
I felt the same with Pixies enthousiasm.
Those who say "Pixies are crap, they don't even move during their show, they're only there for money" should go and see RHCP and shut their mouth.
What's essential with Pixies is their innovative music (still at the top 12 years later) and their charism (even it is not as spectacular or exhibitionist as Kiedis and co, or other ones ... but you know I prefer that way).

Edited by - Nono le petit lutin on 06/16/2004 09:25:27
Go to Top of Page

Grumo
- FB Fan -

France
5 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  11:27:33  Show Profile  Visit Grumo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello,
the concert was great but a little bit loud for me... The moment when Joey smashed his guitar was very ultime ! (and the hug from frank was too !) Kim failing the intro of Gigantic was super sexy and Kim is a great bass player.
I taped the concert but the quality is really excecrable because I was in the fosse (I am stupide)...I called it Deaf to the Pixies (very proud of the joke). I will share it for free on my site if someone is interested but I think there is only two or three songs savable.(http://site.voila.fr/supertropfun/index.html sorry for the title)
Also, I found a black and grey watch in the floor during the concert. I would be happy to give it back to his owner. It is a calipso watch.
I didn't match to shout "Quelqu'un a perdu sa montre ??!" after the concert. (Yes, the stupid guy with a watch in his hand that looked weird was me...)
Thank you for your attention and good night.

un p'tit slam ?
Go to Top of Page

Grumo
- FB Fan -

France
5 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  11:29:40  Show Profile  Visit Grumo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello,
the concert was great but a little bit loud for me... The moment when Joey smashed his guitar was very ultime ! (and the hug from frank was too !) Kim failing the intro of Gigantic was super sexy and Kim is a great bass player.
I taped the concert but the quality is really excecrable because I was in the fosse (I am stupide)...I called it Deaf to the Pixies (very proud of the joke). I will share it for free on my site if someone is interested but I think there is only two or three songs savable.(http://site.voila.fr/supertropfun/index.html sorry for the title)
Also, I found a black and grey watch in the floor during the concert. I would be happy to give it back to his owner. It is a calipso watch.
I didn't match to shout "Quelqu'un a perdu sa montre ??!" after the concert. (Yes, the stupid guy with a watch in his hand that looked weird was me...)
Thank you for your attention and good night.

un p'tit slam ?
Go to Top of Page

Grumo
- FB Fan -

France
5 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  11:32:14  Show Profile  Visit Grumo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
sorry for posting two times it did'nt appear so I was not sure...

un p'tit slam ?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000