A nice trip to the ER.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Coldheartofstone
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
2025 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2004 :  01:53:29  Show Profile  Click to see Coldheartofstone's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well...what a great fucking year it's been so far.
I haven't been on in a while...cause i've been going through some shit. And to top it all of with a bright fucking juicy cherry, I just got out of the hospital.
Well early Friday morning while i was waking up, this sharp pain began in my lower abdomen...I had no idea what it was.
So i flew down to he couch to take it easy in hopes that the pain would subside. But to no avail, I decided to go get it checked out...for fuck sakes it could have been my appendix for all i know, and you DON'T fuck with that.
So I take a cab to the clinic down the road to find out it doesn't open for another hour...i guess doctors have to eat too.
So I stood outside with my mother waiting, in pain...for the damn physicians.
About 15mins to 6:00 a line starts to form, and gradually over the hour my pain has gotten worse. So almost time to go inside, my vision starts to blur and I faint on my mother in a cold sweat.
So the nice strangers called 911 as fast as they could.
I come to and the strangly cheery paramedics rush me to the emergency room where I wait for another 2 hours for some sort of explination.
They only took me in when I fainted again and started to dry heave...that was the fun part.
i get in the room...and they hook me up to an I.V. and(my favorite part) gave me some morphine.
Then they started with the tests... Bloodwork...every fucking 2 hours...x-rays, and how fun, a catscan...with additional enema.
Finally they figure out whats wrong...
I had some sort of syst(however you spell it) and it had burst, releasing about a litre and a half of blood into my body...that's where most of the pain came from.
So I spent two nights in the hospital, not able to walk, fall asleep without someone coming in to take blood or poke me, eat without puking or peeing without having to buzz the nurse and letting everyone in the waiting room know that the girl in room 1252 had urinated.
Well, I'm home now,
and I am as weak as ever...
and I just realised the person I'm going out with would rather and go party with his friends than stay with me or even stay in the hospital until he knew what was wrong.

what else i ask.

I've tried knockin on wood but that ain't working so far.

klikger
= Cult of Ray =

693 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2004 :  01:56:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I pray that you get better quicklike, baby. And your boyfriend sounds like an inconsiderate fool. Hang in there and get well soon.
Go to Top of Page

Adnan_le_Terrible
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1973 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2004 :  02:04:53  Show Profile  Visit Adnan_le_Terrible's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I hope you get better very soon!

And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.
Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2004 :  09:10:53  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Get well quickly, ColdHeart!

(I assume you dropped the dipshit.) If you have a dvd player, this rocks:

http://www.maybelogic.com/

If the only tool you have is an elbow macaroni,
all your problems look like Schroedinger's cat.
Go to Top of Page

Homers_pet_monkey
= Official forum monkey =

United Kingdom
17125 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2004 :  11:32:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Coldheartofstone

the person I'm going out with would rather and go party with his friends than stay with me or even stay in the hospital until he knew what was wrong.

I've tried knockin on wood but that ain't working so far.

And you thought your year was going bad.

Seriously though, I really hope you are OK.

Pixies!?!? Pixies!?!? Don't talk to me about the Pixies!!!.........OK, talk to me about the Pixies!!!
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2004 :  16:08:02  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Get well soon! Dump the dumbshit while you're at it.

Boycott cults and t's
Go to Top of Page

TheCroutonFuton
- Mr. Setlists -

USA
1728 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2004 :  16:14:36  Show Profile  Visit TheCroutonFuton's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"Dry Heaving" has to be one of the worst feelings ever...especially knowing that there's nothing left to throw up in your stomach. Horrible, horrible. I hope you start feeling better.

"Freedom is a state of mind and the condition and position of your ass. Free your mind and your ass will follow." - Funkadelic
Go to Top of Page

Cheeseman1000
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Iceland
8201 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2004 :  16:16:05  Show Profile  Visit Cheeseman1000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ach, sorry to hear bout your troubles Alicia. Best wishes, get well soon eh? Sounds grim...

Plus, Mike has missed you!

"It's a far cry from small boys in the park, jumpers for goalposts. Isn't it? Mmmmm. Marvellous."
Go to Top of Page

Adnan_le_Terrible
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1973 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2004 :  16:28:29  Show Profile  Visit Adnan_le_Terrible's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yep, I was talking with Mike on msn earlier, and he was crying because he thought something awful might have happened to you.

Best wishes again.

And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.
Go to Top of Page

Homers_pet_monkey

United Kingdom
17125 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2004 :  10:42:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do tears transfer to text Adnan?

Pixies!?!? Pixies!?!? Don't talk to me about the Pixies!!!.........OK, talk to me about the Pixies!!!
Go to Top of Page

ramona
"FB Quote Mistress"

USA
3988 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2004 :  11:21:06  Show Profile  Visit ramona's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yuck, that is awful. Good that you went to the hospital though (despite all the shitty waiting) b/c it could have been much worse.

I wish you a speedy recovery!

I'm just a shot away from you...
Go to Top of Page

Coldheartofstone
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
2025 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2004 :  13:04:03  Show Profile  Click to see Coldheartofstone's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the good words everyone.
I'm feelin much better, and I think it was a good thing that this happened... after being given a second chance, you face a lot of the things that you otherwise just suppress with alcohol. :P

I realise I've got to make quite a few changes...

Uggh

Her life was saved by Rock & Roll.
Go to Top of Page

Homers_pet_monkey

United Kingdom
17125 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2004 :  13:06:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't we all.

Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2452 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2004 :  00:31:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeh, best wishes

"Me and the chickens running in the street"
Go to Top of Page

Little Black Francis
> Teenager of the Year <

3648 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2004 :  01:04:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't be hitting on my g/f
Go to Top of Page

The Calistanian
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1342 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2004 :  14:26:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like your year is a little worse than mine. I just spent two weeks at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN (the place to go for health problems), and after being degraded by tests in ways I don't even want to describe, they told me I have Irritated Bowel Syndrome. I've gotten nauseated and achey every night for the past six months, and there's absolutely nothing they can do about it...just hope it goes away. I haven't had any dry heaving or fainting though, so that's a bonus. The worst part: I haven't had a beer in six months.

So, you're not alone in digestive system problems. I hope you make a quick recovery.

1. I am a fsh with no i's.
2. You must be wearing Zubaz, 'cause you're daring to be different.
3. I am a man with 3 fingers...but that doesn't count my index finger nor my thumb.
Go to Top of Page

Cheeseman1000

Iceland
8201 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2004 :  15:06:39  Show Profile  Visit Cheeseman1000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Mayo Clinic... Haha, they didn't diagnose that all the things you had wrong with you balanced each other out perfectly, like diseasd trying to get through the door but being stuck by the crush?

(Answers on a postcard)

"It's a far cry from small boys in the park, jumpers for goalposts. Isn't it? Mmmmm. Marvellous."
Go to Top of Page

VoVat

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2004 :  17:34:02  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Only if you're Mr. Burns.

Oh, and get better soon, Alicia!

Cattle in Korea / They can really moo.
Go to Top of Page

rockmusic84
= Cult of Ray =

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2004 :  17:58:14  Show Profile  Visit rockmusic84's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dry heaving is a sick joke to a sick person!!! I was hospitalized twice in the same month last year. I just got real sick, started throwing up (and yeah, dry heaving). I was real fucked up. I thought I was going to die. Seriously. I was throwing up so much that I was started to vomit this yellowish-brownish-green stuff (bile, I assume). It was like that Richard Pryor joke about a drunk guy throwing up ("Please Lord! I got nothin' left to throw up but my nuts!!!"), and that was really how I felt.

It turns out that I may have had a virus of some sort (they never did find out what was wrong), and they told me to stay hydrated and keep a close watch on my blood sugar (I'm a diabetic, which makes it ten times worse when you're sick). I've been O.K. since (knock on wood), and I hope the next time I have to see a hospital, is when I'm on the slab in the morgue!!! ;)

And I think we all know what it's like to be waiting to be taken care of and you're in an extreme amount of pain. "I've been suffering..." (sorry, had to put a Frank reference in here somewhere) :) I wonder if he's ever been in the hospital. I imagine it must be hard for him when he's sick, being so busy and all.

I wish you a speedy recovery as well, Coldheartofstone. Stay hydrated!!!

Join The Cult of U-MASS - IT'S EDUCATIONAL!!!
Go to Top of Page

cvanepps
= Cult of Ray =

USA
442 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2004 :  21:32:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wait a second. I thought Canada's socialized medicine was supposed to be the best system in the world. Based on your story, it doesn't seem that way (unless you were in an American hospital). What gives?

-= It's not easy to kidnap a fat man =-
http://www.cvanepps.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000