New Live Photos
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

IS
- FB Fan -

Canada
49 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2004 :  10:33:23  Show Profile  Visit IS's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.spin.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album24&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php&page=2
Don't know if anyone has seen these yet. Just bought the new pixies DVD on Friday. Didn't know it was out yet and it was a nice surprise. After purchasing it at my local HMV, I proceeded to the LC (liquor commission) and bought 4 cans of Faxe beer. High quality 10% beer. I sat in my living room all by myself, got loaded, and watched the DVD and couldn't believe how amazing it was. I fell in love with them all over again. I woke up the next morning in my bed with my headphones on and surfa rosa on repeat. No headache...

frank_black_francis
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
895 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2004 :  15:42:00  Show Profile  Visit frank_black_francis's Homepage  Reply with Quote
wow...those comments are pretty stupid....nice pics though
Go to Top of Page

IS
- FB Fan -

Canada
49 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2004 :  16:20:40  Show Profile  Visit IS's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ouch!!
Go to Top of Page

IS
- FB Fan -

Canada
49 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2004 :  17:22:11  Show Profile  Visit IS's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok, I can't carry on, this is bugging the shit outta me...why's my post so stupid? Cause I chose to enjoy the pixies DVD while drinking beer? Or is it the "lighthearted" way in which I described HOW I enjoyed it? Man, I don't know why this is bothering me so much. Maybe cause I find people outright calling me stupid is bothersome...This seals it, I'm never posting here again. Thanks all!!
Go to Top of Page

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2004 :  17:40:53  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
IS, did you notice that some of those pictures had an asterix next to them. That tells you that the picture has comments with them. I think frank black francis was referring to the comments that Spin had on the pictures. Not your post. One comment on a picture of Frank read "Frank Black extolling the virtues of the new Fatkins Diet." That's pretty stupid. I don't want you thinking people were calling you stupid. I can't speak for frank black francis, but I'm pretty sure that was the case. Don't leave us!!

Go to Top of Page

Malax
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1340 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2004 :  18:39:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was just about to say your comments were shit though, so its irrelevant.

:)

I May've Joined The Cult Of Frank If I Knew What The Balls Was Going On.

*Adapted By Carolynanna*
Go to Top of Page

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2004 :  18:41:04  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Bah!

Go to Top of Page

frank_black_francis
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
895 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2004 :  03:23:22  Show Profile  Visit frank_black_francis's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yeah...I have a habit of not being too clear about what i'm bitching about....I meant the comments that came with the pics....
Go to Top of Page

This_Guy
- FB Fan -

Canada
146 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2004 :  03:54:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
haha
damn some people take the interweb waaay to seriously.
on a scale of good to rad, that tantrum gets a rating of pretty convinving from me.
Go to Top of Page

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2004 :  04:22:52  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well I don't think it's so much a matter of taking the intranet too seriously. All you need is to misenterpret something just the right way and it seems like a pretty direct assault. I'd hate to have somebody say that to me directly in a very casual way. Thankfully that wasn't the case, but who knows if IS knows that. It sucks. But back to the topic at hand, yes, those are some nice pictures there. It bites that you can't see me in any of them. (I joke. Like I'm worthy of being on the same negative as the Pixies!) And yes, the comments that people made in reference to the pictures got pretty asinine. IS's comments, however, are just fine. I've never had beer before, but I do regard the Pixies to be a panacea, and if they can thwart a hangover, then that further proves my point. I haven't been sick since I first heard them (twelve years ago) until the day after I saw them in Winnipeg. But I wasn't really sick. I just threw up because I had surgery that morning and I reacted poorly to my painkillers. But I give the Pixies credit for me not having a cough or headache or throwing up or generally feeling bad for over a decade. Go Pixies in Panacea!

Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6012 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2004 :  06:19:14  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
the spins comments are very very irritating

"I joined the Cult of Frank/Nobody wanted to join my Culf"
Go to Top of Page

IS
- FB Fan -

Canada
49 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2004 :  07:11:55  Show Profile  Visit IS's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't even want to read the replies here cause I feel so moronic. Really, I apologize PROFUSELY!! I want to thank prozacrat for setting me straight in an email he sent me. Seriously, I'm really embarrased. Here I am thinking I'm standing up for myself and I'm making an ass...really everyone, I'm sorry, PLEASE accept my apologies. I should've known better that these boards wouldn't have flamers...ugh....sorry...
Go to Top of Page

IS
- FB Fan -

Canada
49 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2004 :  07:34:20  Show Profile  Visit IS's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh and I personally want to apologize to frank_black_francis...sorry dude...my mistake...
Go to Top of Page

martha_promise
= Cult of Ray =

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2004 :  16:14:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't worry about. No need to apologize either.

Those pictures are pretty good! I hadn't seen them yet. I'm really looking forward to November...**crosses fingers**

~~I must be getting older..., I'm starting to eat my vegetables~~

Edited by - martha_promise on 05/04/2004 16:15:32
Go to Top of Page

frank_black_francis
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
895 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2004 :  03:41:05  Show Profile  Visit frank_black_francis's Homepage  Reply with Quote
no problem....welcome back.
Go to Top of Page

Manny
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
252 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2004 :  08:35:56  Show Profile  Click to see Manny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
IS

Your comments are excellent. Can't believe you drink faxe and combined it with the Pixies dvd. What a brilliant idea.

Go to Top of Page

IS
- FB Fan -

Canada
49 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2004 :  13:03:25  Show Profile  Visit IS's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hah hah hah!! Thanks Manny, Martha and "black frnacis" I'm gonna go drink some more faxe tonight!! I'm in a band and we're playing a show...and I wanna get "prepared"...heh heh
Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1461 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2004 :  16:33:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey IS. your comments cracked me up. funny story. and then i looked at your profile and see that you are from halifax. that made me laugh some more- typical maritimers, getting loaded all the time. the first time i saw the dvd i thought it was fuckin awesome. plus i got mine in the mail as a surprise present so i was totally excited- not expecting it and all.

i kind of find the captions amusing. i like the one with kim and the microphone in her face, "This microphone is jabbing me in the eye ... and I like it." The picture is kind of phalic and i'm surprised they didn't say something else.

"I joined the Cult of Frank/ and I got a free t-shirt with this dude on it."
Go to Top of Page

IS
- FB Fan -

Canada
49 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2004 :  09:10:39  Show Profile  Visit IS's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hah hah!! I'm a maritimer thru and thru fumanbru!! heh heh...that rhymed...Nice pic by the way, I have a similar one... http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/butterbellycarp/album?.dir=/Hell%27s+Kitchen+January+20,+2004
I was a little fatter then than I am now...heh heh...but cool pics though...
Go to Top of Page

Manny
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
252 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2004 :  21:06:08  Show Profile  Click to see Manny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Crazy.. I'm from Halifax too. Haligonians must have a thing for Faxe...

What's your band IS?

Go to Top of Page

IS
- FB Fan -

Canada
49 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2004 :  07:27:31  Show Profile  Visit IS's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey manny, my band is Montgomery Moth...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000