Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

kelley deal
- FB Fan -

Cyprus
1 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2004 :  15:37:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The most pressing issue right before the show was whether or not Joe was indeed going to throw up. They were so nervous and so excited by the crowd's response which was deafening. Kim was so overwhelmed that she spazzed the opening notes of Bone Machine. Every song glistened. It's weird to go to a concert and when each new song starts you think "oh good this one..it's my favorite". The foh (front of house) sound was perfect from where I was sitting (in the balcony with my mom and dad and 2 of Joey's brothers). With the exception of the "Joe and Kim hop" on Broken Face (which they completely flubbed dammit) there is no choreography at a Pixies show. Charles worked his ass off song after song - sweating, pounding his guitar, singing like an angel, screaming like brat - Kim had her famous smile(?) plastered on her face. A mixture of a John Wayne Gacy clown face and a gleeful child. Kim is late for everything except for the beat. I watched as Kim cued Charles during "Here Comes Your Man." A nod to go high on man..n..n, a shake to stay low. During rehearsals he said "Why did we make this so complicated?" At every rehearsal he messed up the solo guitar part in "Gigantic." Kim and him talked about how it's the easiest parts that are the hardest to play. During the show Kim stuck her tongue out in mock effort to encourage him...will he nail it?...he nailed it! They laughed about it after the song. Joe was interested in the crowd. He kept looking around amazed at all the people there. Joey is fox. During the Vamos solo David throws a drum stick for him to use - nice throw, nice catch -. That solo could have lasted another 10 minutes for my tastes. David intro'ed "La La Love You" with "This is for all the ladies.." His voice could have been louder because he has a beautiful singing voice. I think my mom has a crush on him. This was not Vegas. There was only 1 set and 1 encore. Just because you leave your seat to go to the bathroom does not mean that the band has stopped playing only to start again once you retake your seat making it somehow 2 sets. I thought Jayson Blair was out of the news business.

misleadtheworld
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2004 :  15:41:26  Show Profile  Visit misleadtheworld's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm really looking forward to Brixton!
I want to see Dave throw drumsticks at Joey!

It's getting colder....
Go to Top of Page

BLT
> Teenager of the Year <

South Sandwich Islands
4204 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2004 :  16:00:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heh... nice to get the "family" point of view on this. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

soundofataris
= Cult of Ray =

USA
715 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2004 :  16:08:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we need another kelly deal 6000 record. i really liked brillo hunt
Go to Top of Page

misleadtheworld
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2004 :  16:11:46  Show Profile  Visit misleadtheworld's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've only just noticed it said "Kelley Deal". Heh, where is my mind?

Yes, as BLT said, nice to have insiders' talk of this.

It's getting colder....
Go to Top of Page

DruggedBunny
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
395 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2004 :  16:22:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice review, Kelley... and give us more KD6K!

--
"I appreciate your being offended, but who gives a fuck? Where do I take my list of things I’m offended by? Is anybody accepting applications?" -- Bill Hicks
Go to Top of Page

Levitated
= Cult of Ray =

Chile
652 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2004 :  17:31:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Kelley I'm Andrés from Chile :) It's great that you're posting here too. Hey is there any possibility to bring The Pixies to Chile and Argentina?

Greetings.
Go to Top of Page

the tolerant
= Cult of Ray =

298 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2004 :  17:44:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yey bring on brixton. pixies back in the uk.
save the world from Busted!
Go to Top of Page

pants
- FB Fan -

USA
200 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2004 :  19:34:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we need more reviews like this, this was great. thanks so much and please keep them coming.
Go to Top of Page

Picapiedra
- FB Fan -

121 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2004 :  20:11:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kelly, great to hear from you. By your description of the Minn show, I can hardly wait until next week. So will you be attending much of the tour?

By the way, I think you did an excellent job on the "fiddle" last time I saw you in Austin.

-roger.

"Drug run'n on this Panamanian schooner."
Go to Top of Page

darwin
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2004 :  22:42:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As the guy in Fairfax kept yelling, "Good job Kelley!!"

It's nice to hear they're having a good time.
Go to Top of Page

Little Black Francis
> Teenager of the Year <

3648 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2004 :  23:31:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
damn, thanks kelly

very insightful... this forum is great

I love kelly's adjectives, I really get the human feelings of what it was like, making icons into mortals into icons into mortals again

sweet surprise

Kelly rules

tot zeins
Go to Top of Page

jussssss
- FB Fan -

Australia
11 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2004 :  23:35:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so thats what happened after gigantic lol , good stuff!!
Go to Top of Page

klikger
= Cult of Ray =

693 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2004 :  23:46:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kelley, thank you for your insight.

Edited by - klikger on 04/17/2004 01:48:31
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
5976 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2004 :  23:57:52  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I find it very weird, that although Kelley herself wrote her name as kelley, people still write kelly.

but thanks for this great review and ohh yes bring on some more TKD6000 music. I love your records

"I joined the Cult of Frank/Nobody wanted to join my Culf"
Go to Top of Page

PsychicTwin
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1772 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  07:13:44  Show Profile  Visit PsychicTwin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Kelley-
Best review I've read yet...it's awesome to get an inside track on their first show in a long long time. Thank you!

btw, where in Cyprus are you? I visited some friends there last summer and the beaches were amazing. It was also bizarre, though, because everyone there speaks a different dialect of Greek, so even though I'm fluent I looked at everyone who spoke to me like a retarded circus monkey, trying to make out what the hell they were trying to communicate. Dialects are funny like that.

Edited by - PsychicTwin on 04/16/2004 07:16:10
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  09:02:39  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you Kelley for the wonderful review and inside camp details!!! I love The Kelley Deal 6000,I own both records and absolutely love your songs specially Head Of The Cult and Brillo Hunt.When Sebastian Bach played down here in Puerto Rico I bought The Last Hard Men album and I must tell you I adore Candy Comes and The Last Hard Men.Like Kim you have a very gifted voice and your playfully amateurish guitar playing has been a great influence,("If Kelley Rocks I Can Do It Too").Sincerely,Carlos Lopez(from Alec Eiffel,a French Pixies Page).
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  09:56:27  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Kelley Deal, really???

Kelley from TKD6000?

The other most famous brunette of Dayton, Ohio?

This forum is amazing.

"Welcome back to the 10th grade!"

Edited by - Frog in the Sand on 04/16/2004 10:04:30
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  13:32:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks! I love your review...you captured the details of the show so well that I thought I was back there... which is a very good thing!
Go to Top of Page

Homers_pet_monkey
= Official forum monkey =

United Kingdom
17125 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  14:42:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kelley Deal!?!?!? In Cyprus!?!?!?

What's going on!?!?!?

Good review though. I would agree that it's the best I have read yet!!!

Hansel and Gretel have formed a band, .....And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Breadcrumbs!!!
Go to Top of Page

soundofataris
= Cult of Ray =

USA
715 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  15:38:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the cyprus thing's a gag. In her profile, it says Dayton, OH. Golly!

I want to be a singer like Lou Reed
Go to Top of Page

Cheeseman1000

Iceland
8201 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  15:52:01  Show Profile  Visit Cheeseman1000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pixie punk

Thank you Kelley for the wonderful review and inside camp details!!! I love The Kelley Deal 6000,I own both records and absolutely love your songs specially Head Of The Cult and Brillo Hunt.When Sebastian Bach played down here in Puerto Rico I bought The Last Hard Men album and I must tell you I adore Candy Comes and The Last Hard Men.Like Kim you have a very gifted voice and your playfully amateurish guitar playing has been a great influence,("If Kelley Rocks I Can Do It Too").Sincerely,Carlos Lopez(from Alec Eiffel,a French Pixies Page).

Wow, you're from Alec Eiffel? Cool. Actually, thats not supposed to be sarcastic, I actually found AE dead useful for my dissertation last summer.

Nice to hear from Kelley as well, thanks!

"Join The Cult Of Wormy Cheese Man/In Ten Words Or Less"
Go to Top of Page

jussssss
- FB Fan -

Australia
11 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  19:40:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the alec eiffel page is like the best pixies resource online!
Go to Top of Page

PixiesDeal
- FB Fan -

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2004 :  01:30:57  Show Profile  Visit PixiesDeal's Homepage  Click to see PixiesDeal's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Picapiedra

By the way, I think you did an excellent job on the "fiddle" last time I saw you in Austin.

-roger.

Yeah, I agree w/you roger. Kelley, you ROCKED on the violin during "Drivin' On 9" but I already told you that at the show 2 years ago

Thank U SO much for giving an inside review of the show. Girl, you should write reviews or something b/c seriously, yours is the BEST review I've read in a long time.

Thanks again for telling us what when on during the show, for those of us who did not attend.

peace, love and rock on,
nadia

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"When people ask me what band I'm in and I say The Pixies, they say, 'Oh, it's an all-girl group, right?' I guess the name is pretty wimpy"-Kim Deal
Go to Top of Page

Homers_pet_monkey

United Kingdom
17125 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2004 :  06:54:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK can everyone stop kissing ass now please.

Hansel and Gretel have formed a band, .....And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Breadcrumbs!!!
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2004 :  09:23:22  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I wasn't going to say anything, but I think it's fair that you guys should know:

Jayson Blair - http://slate.msn.com/id/2082741/

I think the post was intended mostly as a joke, and while I admit it sounds very convincing and that I'd love to see Kelley on here posting a review from her point of view, I suspect that this is just a joke/hoax. For the record, 'her' posts come from Virgina, not Ohio.

That said, it was a lot of fun to read anyway, and I'm impressed at the little details "a nod for high, a shake for low". I'd happily read another fake review, though perhaps with a little less subtle a clue as to its authenticity.

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

Homers_pet_monkey

United Kingdom
17125 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2004 :  10:16:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope you all feel suitably embarrassed!!!

I mean come on.......Cyprus for god's sake!!!

Go to Top of Page

Alpha Soixante
- FB Fan -

Canada
129 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2004 :  11:44:03  Show Profile  Visit Alpha Soixante's Homepage  Reply with Quote
May not be authentic, but for what it's worth, the Jayson Blair comment seems to be directed at another review, not necessarily meant as a clue. It's comparing the Pioneer Press reviewer to Blair because of his wierd claim that there were two sets in the show. The Cyprus/Virginia thing is fishy, admittedly.
Go to Top of Page

demon
- FB Fan -

20 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2004 :  13:31:19  Show Profile  Visit demon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i do know that kelley posts a lot on the breeders forum at noaloha.net.... its probably her
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
5976 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2004 :  13:49:30  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Homers_pet_monkey

I mean come on.......Cyprus for god's sake!!!

Yes, of course that was a joke, but that could have been a joke by Kelley. I still think she could be it

"I joined the Cult of Frank/Nobody wanted to join my Culf"
Go to Top of Page

demon
- FB Fan -

20 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2004 :  14:30:22  Show Profile  Visit demon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yeah. everyone knows there's a dayton, oh in cyprus.
Go to Top of Page

Jefery With One F
- FB Fan -

Canada
184 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2004 :  16:57:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Regardless of whether this is her or not, I have to say that I was hoping that the opening band for this tour would eventually turn out to be the Kelley Deal 6000. It would be great exposure for Kelley and great to see them touring together (maybe even have them each play a song with the other's band?).
Go to Top of Page

Cheeseman1000

Iceland
8201 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2004 :  17:13:40  Show Profile  Visit Cheeseman1000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

For the record, 'her' posts come from Virgina, not Ohio.

Hur hur. You may have meant Virginia.

"Join The Cult Of Wormy Cheese Man/In Ten Words Or Less"
Go to Top of Page

PixiesDeal
- FB Fan -

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2004 :  19:24:48  Show Profile  Visit PixiesDeal's Homepage  Click to see PixiesDeal's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hehe. now I am embarassed. haha. :o
~~~~
yeah that would be a GREAT idea if Kelley's band actually opened up for the Pixies. :D I am dying to hear another Kelley Deal 6000 album. Her last two albums ROCKED!!:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"When people ask me what band I'm in and I say The Pixies, they say, 'Oh, it's an all-girl group, right?' I guess the name is pretty wimpy"-Kim Deal
Go to Top of Page

Jefery With One F
- FB Fan -

Canada
184 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2004 :  23:58:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe we need to start a petition...
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2004 :  08:48:02  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think you're mistaken. It seems to me that the whois information we get gives us the address to the main office of the ISP, not the place in which the poster resides. For example, the city listed for my IP address is not the city in which A) I reside, B) my local office resides. The domain name is "woh....". I think it's her.

Boycott cults
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000