-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Planet of Sound - Pixies News Items
 Kelley Deal's Review of Minny Show

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kelley deal Posted - 04/15/2004 : 15:37:02
The most pressing issue right before the show was whether or not Joe was indeed going to throw up. They were so nervous and so excited by the crowd's response which was deafening. Kim was so overwhelmed that she spazzed the opening notes of Bone Machine. Every song glistened. It's weird to go to a concert and when each new song starts you think "oh good this one..it's my favorite". The foh (front of house) sound was perfect from where I was sitting (in the balcony with my mom and dad and 2 of Joey's brothers). With the exception of the "Joe and Kim hop" on Broken Face (which they completely flubbed dammit) there is no choreography at a Pixies show. Charles worked his ass off song after song - sweating, pounding his guitar, singing like an angel, screaming like brat - Kim had her famous smile(?) plastered on her face. A mixture of a John Wayne Gacy clown face and a gleeful child. Kim is late for everything except for the beat. I watched as Kim cued Charles during "Here Comes Your Man." A nod to go high on man..n..n, a shake to stay low. During rehearsals he said "Why did we make this so complicated?" At every rehearsal he messed up the solo guitar part in "Gigantic." Kim and him talked about how it's the easiest parts that are the hardest to play. During the show Kim stuck her tongue out in mock effort to encourage him...will he nail it?...he nailed it! They laughed about it after the song. Joe was interested in the crowd. He kept looking around amazed at all the people there. Joey is fox. During the Vamos solo David throws a drum stick for him to use - nice throw, nice catch -. That solo could have lasted another 10 minutes for my tastes. David intro'ed "La La Love You" with "This is for all the ladies.." His voice could have been louder because he has a beautiful singing voice. I think my mom has a crush on him. This was not Vegas. There was only 1 set and 1 encore. Just because you leave your seat to go to the bathroom does not mean that the band has stopped playing only to start again once you retake your seat making it somehow 2 sets. I thought Jayson Blair was out of the news business.

35   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
theFILLshow Posted - 10/23/2004 : 13:52:22
If this really is kelley deal, hey. You should put out some new stuff, and get it over to Toronto. I had to get your cds imported from the US.

_____
http://ww.hotncold.vzz.com
I'm a man of, constant sorrow..
amywhited Posted - 10/19/2004 : 13:50:46
Kelley Deal rocks my a$$!
Homers_pet_monkey Posted - 05/06/2004 : 10:19:18
It never had me fooled matey!!!

Hansel and Gretel have formed a band, .....And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Breadcrumbs!!!
This_Guy Posted - 05/04/2004 : 03:44:21
this is most definately a sinking ship of fools.
good gag though.
johndietzel Posted - 04/29/2004 : 21:09:50
Kelley is cool cause she had REDRUM (but with backwards letters) on her forehead at the Halloween 1992 Breeders show, and I did the little Tony "finger" and she told me I won a prize. But I never did get that prize.

----------------------
"In a world . . . one man . . . the true meaning . . ."
billgoodman Posted - 04/22/2004 : 01:12:11
proove it

"I joined the Cult of Frank/Nobody wanted to join my Culf"
The Passion Of El Diablo Posted - 04/21/2004 : 19:02:48
I admit it . . . I wrote the Kelley Deal review.
Spiral~Daisy Posted - 04/21/2004 : 18:45:13
I really cant wait till November now. Everytime I hear about it more and more the hairs on my arms stand up.

Yea so what if I have hairy arms. :(
woodworm Posted - 04/20/2004 : 14:31:59
kelly posts on the breeders site sometimes

so it could be here

anyways, it was a good read
Avid-Fan Posted - 04/19/2004 : 18:46:41
Who's Kelley Deal????

(( I talk plain talk ))
solace Posted - 04/19/2004 : 00:25:43
Kelley was in fact upstairs w/ Joey's brothers, so who knows :)

Homers_pet_monkey Posted - 04/18/2004 : 12:30:59
I just saw Kelley and she knows nothing about it.

Hansel and Gretel have formed a band, .....And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Breadcrumbs!!!
Dave Noisy Posted - 04/18/2004 : 12:24:54
Show me 'da money! It'd guess it's her, or someone fairly close to her...

Join the Cult of the Flying Pigxies - I'm A Believer!
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 04/18/2004 : 11:28:48
Yeah, entertaining read whether it's Kelley or someone else.

-- EDIT
OK, I've done more looking into this and it does look like this could actually be Kelley.

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
darwin Posted - 04/18/2004 : 11:19:33
It sure read like it's her, but I don't her so I guess doesn't mean much.

I think it's her. Why not? And if it isn't, congratulations to someone for writing a convincing fake.
El Barto Posted - 04/18/2004 : 08:48:02
I think you're mistaken. It seems to me that the whois information we get gives us the address to the main office of the ISP, not the place in which the poster resides. For example, the city listed for my IP address is not the city in which A) I reside, B) my local office resides. The domain name is "woh....". I think it's her.

Boycott cults
Jefery With One F Posted - 04/17/2004 : 23:58:02
Maybe we need to start a petition...
PixiesDeal Posted - 04/17/2004 : 19:24:48
hehe. now I am embarassed. haha. :o
~~~~
yeah that would be a GREAT idea if Kelley's band actually opened up for the Pixies. :D I am dying to hear another Kelley Deal 6000 album. Her last two albums ROCKED!!:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"When people ask me what band I'm in and I say The Pixies, they say, 'Oh, it's an all-girl group, right?' I guess the name is pretty wimpy"-Kim Deal
Cheeseman1000 Posted - 04/17/2004 : 17:13:40
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

For the record, 'her' posts come from Virgina, not Ohio.

Hur hur. You may have meant Virginia.

"Join The Cult Of Wormy Cheese Man/In Ten Words Or Less"
Jefery With One F Posted - 04/17/2004 : 16:57:00
Regardless of whether this is her or not, I have to say that I was hoping that the opening band for this tour would eventually turn out to be the Kelley Deal 6000. It would be great exposure for Kelley and great to see them touring together (maybe even have them each play a song with the other's band?).
demon Posted - 04/17/2004 : 14:30:22
yeah. everyone knows there's a dayton, oh in cyprus.
billgoodman Posted - 04/17/2004 : 13:49:30
quote:
Originally posted by Homers_pet_monkey

I mean come on.......Cyprus for god's sake!!!

Yes, of course that was a joke, but that could have been a joke by Kelley. I still think she could be it

"I joined the Cult of Frank/Nobody wanted to join my Culf"
demon Posted - 04/17/2004 : 13:31:19
i do know that kelley posts a lot on the breeders forum at noaloha.net.... its probably her
Alpha Soixante Posted - 04/17/2004 : 11:44:03
May not be authentic, but for what it's worth, the Jayson Blair comment seems to be directed at another review, not necessarily meant as a clue. It's comparing the Pioneer Press reviewer to Blair because of his wierd claim that there were two sets in the show. The Cyprus/Virginia thing is fishy, admittedly.
Homers_pet_monkey Posted - 04/17/2004 : 10:16:42
I hope you all feel suitably embarrassed!!!

I mean come on.......Cyprus for god's sake!!!

Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 04/17/2004 : 09:23:22
I wasn't going to say anything, but I think it's fair that you guys should know:

Jayson Blair - http://slate.msn.com/id/2082741/

I think the post was intended mostly as a joke, and while I admit it sounds very convincing and that I'd love to see Kelley on here posting a review from her point of view, I suspect that this is just a joke/hoax. For the record, 'her' posts come from Virgina, not Ohio.

That said, it was a lot of fun to read anyway, and I'm impressed at the little details "a nod for high, a shake for low". I'd happily read another fake review, though perhaps with a little less subtle a clue as to its authenticity.

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Homers_pet_monkey Posted - 04/17/2004 : 06:54:59
OK can everyone stop kissing ass now please.

PixiesDeal Posted - 04/17/2004 : 01:30:57
quote:
Originally posted by Picapiedra

By the way, I think you did an excellent job on the "fiddle" last time I saw you in Austin.

-roger.

Yeah, I agree w/you roger. Kelley, you ROCKED on the violin during "Drivin' On 9" but I already told you that at the show 2 years ago

Thank U SO much for giving an inside review of the show. Girl, you should write reviews or something b/c seriously, yours is the BEST review I've read in a long time.

Thanks again for telling us what when on during the show, for those of us who did not attend.

peace, love and rock on,
nadia

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"When people ask me what band I'm in and I say The Pixies, they say, 'Oh, it's an all-girl group, right?' I guess the name is pretty wimpy"-Kim Deal
jussssss Posted - 04/16/2004 : 19:40:52
the alec eiffel page is like the best pixies resource online!
Cheeseman1000 Posted - 04/16/2004 : 15:52:01
quote:
Originally posted by pixie punk

Thank you Kelley for the wonderful review and inside camp details!!! I love The Kelley Deal 6000,I own both records and absolutely love your songs specially Head Of The Cult and Brillo Hunt.When Sebastian Bach played down here in Puerto Rico I bought The Last Hard Men album and I must tell you I adore Candy Comes and The Last Hard Men.Like Kim you have a very gifted voice and your playfully amateurish guitar playing has been a great influence,("If Kelley Rocks I Can Do It Too").Sincerely,Carlos Lopez(from Alec Eiffel,a French Pixies Page).

Wow, you're from Alec Eiffel? Cool. Actually, thats not supposed to be sarcastic, I actually found AE dead useful for my dissertation last summer.

Nice to hear from Kelley as well, thanks!

"Join The Cult Of Wormy Cheese Man/In Ten Words Or Less"
soundofataris Posted - 04/16/2004 : 15:38:41
I think the cyprus thing's a gag. In her profile, it says Dayton, OH. Golly!

I want to be a singer like Lou Reed
Homers_pet_monkey Posted - 04/16/2004 : 14:42:45
Kelley Deal!?!?!? In Cyprus!?!?!?

What's going on!?!?!?

Good review though. I would agree that it's the best I have read yet!!!

Daisy Girl Posted - 04/16/2004 : 13:32:11
Thanks! I love your review...you captured the details of the show so well that I thought I was back there... which is a very good thing!
Frog in the Sand Posted - 04/16/2004 : 09:56:27
Kelley Deal, really???

Kelley from TKD6000?

The other most famous brunette of Dayton, Ohio?

This forum is amazing.

"Welcome back to the 10th grade!"
pixie punk Posted - 04/16/2004 : 09:02:39
Thank you Kelley for the wonderful review and inside camp details!!! I love The Kelley Deal 6000,I own both records and absolutely love your songs specially Head Of The Cult and Brillo Hunt.When Sebastian Bach played down here in Puerto Rico I bought The Last Hard Men album and I must tell you I adore Candy Comes and The Last Hard Men.Like Kim you have a very gifted voice and your playfully amateurish guitar playing has been a great influence,("If Kelley Rocks I Can Do It Too").Sincerely,Carlos Lopez(from Alec Eiffel,a French Pixies Page).

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000