Frank Black and Pixies dreams
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6012 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2004 :  02:15:56  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
so last night I had a frank black dream
and the night before a pixies reunion dream
(this was my third pixies reunion dream!)

the pixies dream:
man they sucked! Off key! Playing lousy, and some guy was singin all the lines because frank wasn't able to do it by himself (I guess this was influenced by the brian wilson concert I'd seen, brian sometimes sings off key, and he almost never sings alone, great concert btw). All of a sudden, dig for fire begins and another stage reveals itself at the right, and 5 guys are playing percussion instruments just for that song. Very weird!

Frank Black dream:
it was at the same venue were I saw frank 2 times earlier. The stage was 2 times higher. It was frank black and the c's, but boy there were lots of extra people. The played ok, but the crowd didn't like it all. When they launched into the Saved by the bell-theme song (!!!!!) the crow was hardly listening. So Frank left the stage, everyone did. And I was pretty sad. Why? Why, could the audience be such fools.

"I joined the Cult of Frank/Nobody wanted to join my Culf"

IceCream
= Quote Accumulator =

USA
1850 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2004 :  09:16:38  Show Profile  Visit IceCream's Homepage  Reply with Quote
After I had ordered the COR, I had a dream before it came in the mail. The dream was really weird; I think instead of the album actually coming in the mail, a note written by Frank came in the mail and the note explained that the album was hidden, and I had to go on some quest to find it. I found the album at the house my grandmother lived in, but for some-reason, the yard was covered with chopped-up orange leaves. The album was pressed on colored vinyl, but the cover looked really weird; the faces were poorly drawn. For some reason, it was a 3 record set.

Join the Cult of Pi - It's just 3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937510582097....
Go to Top of Page

lafemmeaffole
- FB Fan -

30 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2004 :  22:22:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tend to have weird/random dreams that feature people I am obsessed with and laundry machines.

ie- Kim Deal and I sitting on top of my washing and drying machines in the laundry room talking about how John Kerry looks like Lurch from the Addams Family.
Go to Top of Page

IceCream
= Quote Accumulator =

USA
1850 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2004 :  23:10:20  Show Profile  Visit IceCream's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Lurch and I talking sitting on top of my washing and drying machines talking about how much John Kerry and Kim Deal look like the Addams Family.
I am tired. Who is Lurch?

Join the Cult of Pi - It's just 3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937510582097....
Go to Top of Page

lafemmeaffole
- FB Fan -

30 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2004 :  23:48:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by IceCream

quote:
Lurch and I talking sitting on top of my washing and drying machines talking about how much John Kerry and Kim Deal look like the Addams Family.
I am tired. Who is Lurch?

the Addams family's tall, creepy looking butler.
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6012 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2004 :  01:47:24  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
did you know lurch is dutch?

"I joined the Cult of Frank/Nobody wanted to join my Culf"
Go to Top of Page

astrosurfer
- FB Fan -

Italy
39 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2004 :  04:53:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i had two pixies dreams

in the first dream(it's around 20 february) i have seen the pixies are on a pink cadillac.they annouced their reunion.frank black & kim deal held the front seater of the car.all they smiled.there was a desertscape and the car was in front of a open gate.at the end of the dream they began to play (on the car)…

in the second dream(it's around 15 march) i was with the pixies on the stage.they play before of few people.the landscape was made by stone,grass and there were stairs.i asked to take me with them.frank black asked me because i want to go with them and i didn’t know to give him an answer…then i spoke with kim deal and i showed to kim my breeders cd and asked her if we wanted to get married.she gave me a smile…

sorry for my english language..
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2004 :  07:33:44  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No Pixies dreams, but I had a dream that there was someone playing outside in the garage, and I opened it up to see FB&C's. Naturally, nobody was using the keyboard, so I hopped on and we had a gay old time (C,C#,D,G). That was a fantastic dream rivalled only by the one where I was making out with Jennifer Anniston like in the old days before she was famous... :)

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3423 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2004 :  09:08:11  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i had a pixies reunion concert dream the other night.
they played in this hall to about 20 people, most of which were fellow FB.netters.
and they sucked.
they played 4 songs, 3 of which were covers (one was REM) before they stopped because of power problems.
cause they felt bad they then bought us all copious amounts of beer and we all got smashed.
we all then tried to walk home, but we ended up sleeping in a haybarn.

i remember el barto was there.

"I joined the Cult of Frank / I think that man deserves a DB!"
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2004 :  09:10:50  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Were there any FB.Netters that you'd never met/seen pictures of? That'd be odd, but interesting.

Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3423 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2004 :  09:07:32  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
well jim didn't look like his profile picture.....but he WAS jim if you know what i mean.

he was much more handsome in my dream....grrr.

"I joined the Cult of Frank / I think that man deserves a DB!"
Go to Top of Page

mariggy
- FB Fan -

Japan
65 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2004 :  07:01:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last night I met Frank in my dream. It was somewhere in Japan. He played hide-and-seek. I found him lying on the floor like a chameleon. It was very easy to find him ,because he was three- dimensional to the floor. I took his hands and raised him up. He said to me "Thank you".

ME "I'm glad to meet you! By the way, I beg a favor of you. Please play THE HAPPENING at the Fuji Rock Festival."
FB "OK, I'll play it."
ME "Really? I'm afraid that you never play any songs from Bossanova."
FB "Oh ,I always play songs from COP,SR,and Doolittle, you know? I'm bored."
ME "Thank you, I'm very happy! But I'm afraid it makes Kim angry. I think Kim hate Bossanova and Trompe le monde."
FB "No problem, our new song BAM THWOK was made for Kim, she will be satisfied with singing the song. As long as she sings it, she is happy. Then I can sing my favorite songs."

In this conversation FB's English is poor,I think. It is due to the limit of my ability of English. I'm sorry.

Anyway,I hope my dream will be realized.

I join The Broken English Club. ---It's educational.
Go to Top of Page

Skatealex1
* Dog in the Sand *

1645 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2004 :  08:36:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hahahhaha thats a great dream

The Truth Is Out There
Go to Top of Page

VoVat

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2004 :  11:27:01  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've had a few dreams about finding rare Frank EPs in music stores.

Probably my most disturbing Frank-related dream was when I heard that he and Joey died in a motorcycle accident.

Cattle in Korea / They can really moo.
Go to Top of Page

Monsieur
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1688 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2004 :  13:11:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always dream of puppies and flowers.
Go to Top of Page

whoreatthedoor
> Teenager of the Year <

Spain
2873 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2004 :  00:42:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

Were there any FB.Netters that you'd never met/seen pictures of? That'd be odd, but interesting.

This is surprising, but when you're dreaming, people could have different faces or different shapes. You can also meet people that you have never seen. In fact, there's only one performer in a dream.

I use to have some Frank and Pixies dreams before the reunion(This was the very first time I've seen him), but for a strange reason, now I have exorcised them. Probably I was too nervous about all this reunion thing. Like some of your dreams, they sound awful, the crowd were dumbshit and the show was completely crap. Hopefully, reality was a billion times better.

"Join the Cult of the whore at the door / And You'll find no answers, but real fun"
Go to Top of Page

the thing
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
313 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2004 :  01:26:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dreamt that I was in a press interview with Kim, and she was talking about how she had gone back to her neighbourhood and played them all Title TK, to see what they thought, and nobody liked the record. Then I heard myself asking why she had recorded so many of the songs backwards (?!). Which seemed to really anger Kim, and she walked out...

Forget the cults I got me a whole church!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4109 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2004 :  05:27:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by whoreatthedoor

quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

I use to have some Frank and Pixies dreams before the reunion(This was the very first time I've seen him), but for a strange reason, now I have exorcised them. Probably I was too nervous about all this reunion thing. Like some of your dreams, they sound awful, the crowd were dumbshit and the show was completely crap. Hopefully, reality was a billion times better.

"Join the Cult of the whore at the door / And You'll find no answers, but real fun"

I felt the same. I had a dream before the concert in Portugal and it was awful! I arrived late, they were very strange...
I guess I was to nervous too!

... I´m learning!...
Go to Top of Page

Doog
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1220 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2004 :  05:22:02  Show Profile  Visit Doog's Homepage  Click to see Doog's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by billgoodman

When they launched into the Saved by the bell-theme song (!!!!!) the crow was hardly listening.

Hahahaha!

Kerry looks more like Herman Munster than Lurch anyways..

"Join the cult of Ray/He was the best Ghostbuster"
www.doog.tk

Edited by - Doog on 07/30/2004 05:53:13
Go to Top of Page

twist
- FB Fan -

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2004 :  07:15:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had a dream in mid June - The Pixies had booked local dates that I didn't hear about until after they'd sold out. Just recently I woke up thinking about Frank Black with huge out of control eyebrows, I can't really remember the dream but it felt very disturbing.
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2007 :  04:45:13  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had a Pixies dream 2 days (well, nights) ago. I was sitting in a room with all 4 Pixies, and they asked my advice about whether they should go on or split again. They were at the end of the Australian tour and didn't know what to do next. And it made me feel like shit, cause I wanted to tell them that they should put an end to the reunion thing, but on the other hand I kept thinking "Now I'll be remembered as the guy who ended the Pixies reunion, before they could make a new record...". I told them they all had great solo careers, with Frank releasing like a dozen records this year only, and the new Breeders LP coming on (BTW, Joey played on it! Woohoo!), and that they shouldn't bother trying to make an album. I woke up both happy and depressed.

Yeah, this thread is 3 years old, so what?

Denis

"Can you hear me? I aint got shit to say."
Go to Top of Page

IceCream
= Quote Accumulator =

USA
1850 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2007 :  16:18:47  Show Profile  Visit IceCream's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I like being able to make new posts in old threads. I didn't like it back when threads were archived.
Go to Top of Page

debaserrr
- FB Fan -

121 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2007 :  18:29:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hahaha

"The arc of triumph!"
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6012 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2007 :  03:39:28  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
thanks a lot, Denis!

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  00:33:09  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What, for disbanding the Pixies?

Denis

"Can you hear me? I aint got shit to say."
Go to Top of Page

IceCream
= Quote Accumulator =

USA
1850 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2007 :  23:31:15  Show Profile  Visit IceCream's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=5607

I did not spell "Jonny Greenwood" correctly in this thread. Had it not been archived, I could edit my post. But now it's there permanently.
Go to Top of Page

frankoholic
- FB Fan -

Belgium
38 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2007 :  13:00:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey! I started a topic like this a month or two ago and was immediately locked!

Anyway, I dreamed yesterday the Pixies had a brandnew song with the lyrics "We are the Pixies. Let's go". I remember thinking hmm that's kinda crappy. The Joey guitar part sounded real good though.
Go to Top of Page

pixiestu
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2564 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2007 :  02:49:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just had a dream that I was talking to Frank in my living room. He was telling me about how the Pixies are over. Then I got a phonecall from Kim. She was crying because she wanted to do another another album. Then I woke up. And now I'm here.

"The arc of triumph"
Go to Top of Page

Demon Guy
- FB Fan -

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2007 :  01:36:52  Show Profile  Click to see Demon Guy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I once had a dream I saw him at Kroger's (A grocery store chain in Ohio and other states)

And about a year ago I tried Salvia(A legal hallucinaginary drug that lasts only a few minutes) with Manitoba playing and I kept seeing him grow out of plants and vines out of the wall... Creepy, but amazing nonetheless.

"Ignore me like a killer on the street"
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2012 :  01:42:01  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Had a BF dream last night. I was browsing through the CD bins at some really cool record store and found a live promo ep from '94 that I had never heard of. Can't remember what was on it (The Jacques Tati was there though) but I really got crazy about it. Bought along with the Repo Man blu-ray and some drone stuff. The cover looked like the Peel Sessions ep but it definitely wasn't it. It was with Frank's actual backing band from 94 - Nick Vincent and all! Kickass.

Denis

Obsidiana Bijoux
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000