Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 All Over the World -- Pixies Live!
 Aragon Ballroom (Chicago) Pixies Show(s)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jeremy McMillan
- FB Fan -

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2004 :  10:40:08  Show Profile  Visit Jeremy McMillan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I got six tickets for the 11/13/2004 show, but it was my wife who actually got them online with her computer while mine wasn't getting any results from TicketMaster's "search" for available tickets. Some other people we know were teaming up to make sure they got tickets, and all three scored six tickets.

This was all within a matter of like 30 seconds from the time they went on sale. My sympathies go out to any other old hardcore Pixies fans that got left out. The good news is that it seems the fans can outbuy the scalpers/agents. There are probably a good number of tickets floating around in the hands of people like us. First ask any of your friends if they were able to buy any extras, and then come to this forum and look for other sympathetic fans with extras.

---
Chicago loves the Pixies.

Edited by - Jeremy McMillan on 04/10/2004 10:44:54

Jeremy McMillan
- FB Fan -

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2004 :  10:56:17  Show Profile  Visit Jeremy McMillan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Even if the Saturday show 11/13/2003 sold out, Ticketmaster says:
quote:
New dates just added!

Pixies, Mon. 11/15/04 7:30pm at Aragon Ballroom, Chicago IL (Find Tickets)
Pixies, Sun. 11/14/04 7:30pm at Aragon Ballroom, Chicago IL (Find Tickets)

---
Go to Top of Page

FrankfanL
- FB Fan -

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2004 :  11:18:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jeremy, Your wife must have a super computer! I was logged in waiting to pounce on tickets at high noon, and ended up getting 2 for the Sunday show. And now they've added Monday??? Chicago loves FRANK!!!!!The Aragon will be rockin' like mad!
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy McMillan
- FB Fan -

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2004 :  11:58:25  Show Profile  Visit Jeremy McMillan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FrankfanL

Jeremy, Your wife must have a super computer! I was logged in waiting to pounce on tickets at high noon, and ended up getting 2 for the Sunday show. And now they've added Monday??? Chicago loves FRANK!!!!!The Aragon will be rockin' like mad!

She has the fastest computer in the house. I had her buy and put it together from parts bought separately to teach her about PC architecture for her job. I usually do the same thing: I buy top-of-the-line to one notch back, and ride that machine out for 3-4 years. Last year instead of a new desktop PC, I bought a Mac TiBook and never looked back It's slower than her desktop machine, but my TiBook is a fantastic sweet spot of performance, portability, and usability.

That said, the TicketMaster website is a little on the fat-and-slow side. The javascript probably gives a clear advantage to the guy with the fastest computer. This is not terribly fair for your average rock fan.

Venues like the Aragon Brawlroom (known as such for its bloody speed metal concert mosh-pits and correspondingly brutal bouncers) that allow TicketMaster to be their exclusive ticket agent are not as fair as venues like the Metro, who usually reserve a block of tickets to sell cash-only to locals who can stop by the record shop next door or the Double-Door that runs their box office during normal hours and always reserves a few tickets for box-office sales.

This is the first and only act that compels me to go to the Aragon, but it is the biggest venue on the Chicago northside.

---
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000