jangis
- FB Fan -

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  13:06:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From Billboard

http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000477944

Real or BS?

The Pixies will make every show from their upcoming 15-date North American tour available for sale immediately after the performance, Billboard.com can reveal. The group will be touring with a recording truck from DiscLive that will press a limited run of 1,000 CDs per show (2,000 for the May 1 performance at the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival in Indio, Calif.). The double-CD sets will sell for $25 at the venue or $22 if they're pre-ordered through DiscLive's Web site.

At each venue, fans will be able to purchase a voucher prior to the concert. Approximately 10-15 minutes following its conclusion, they will trade the voucher for the show on CD, including artwork specific to that performance. Any CDs that are not sold at the show will be available from the Disc Live site; CDs can also be mailed to the buyer. There is a two CD limit per customer.

jangis
- FB Fan -

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  13:08:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.disclive.com/artist.php?artistid=8

It's starting to look for real.
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  13:10:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That would be awesome. I'll bring an extra $25 just in case. Sounds legit, though.
Go to Top of Page

kromkamp
= Cult of Ray =

291 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  13:12:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats awesome. I know these people have been doing this for a while but this is the first time they are doing a show I'd actually want to own.

If this is an AF prank I'm gonna be angered....
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11682 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  13:13:50  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's real, Dave's writing up the release as we speak. I've already got my Winnipeg one! :)

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

jangis
- FB Fan -

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  13:18:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for confirming it so quickly. I can't wait. Now everyone will just want to yell inbetween songs just to be heard. At least I hope not.
Go to Top of Page

The Passion Of El Diablo
= Cult of Ray =

258 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  13:21:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a joke. And if it isn't, all purchasing rubes will get is a disc copy of the big stupid singalong.
Go to Top of Page

jangis
- FB Fan -

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  13:25:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AH, the voice of reason. Thanks for bringing the joy back into our lives.
Go to Top of Page

beergeek
- FB Fan -

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  13:38:22  Show Profile  Visit beergeek's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I hope it's real -- I just pre-ordered the whole set!!
Go to Top of Page

Manny
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
252 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  13:55:53  Show Profile  Click to see Manny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Wow, the whole set.. That's a lot of cash!
Go to Top of Page

frankblacktaper
- FB Fan -

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  13:57:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey i bought them all as well, its worth solving the anxiety of finding them all!!!
Go to Top of Page

frankblacktaper
- FB Fan -

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  14:04:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
one other important note, notice each show will be a double CD set which means at this time they are planning on playing longer than 80 minutes which is a relief as well. Does this even mean indio will be longer than the typical 70 minute warmup slot as well, if so great...So we are getting at least 80 minutes of Pixies each night!

Nothing like a Pixies show, 90 minutes.... 37 songs, no talking
Go to Top of Page

holidaysong
- FB Fan -

Ireland
164 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  14:05:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i just bought the first one..april 13th.. $10 postage to ireland..wonder how long they will take to post..
Go to Top of Page

pants
- FB Fan -

USA
200 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  14:05:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i was hoping they'd do somehting along the lines of http://www.primuslive.com/ this is still great, but limited edition is just bad.
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan Bennett
- FB Fan -

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  14:12:56  Show Profile  Visit Jonathan Bennett's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Give me a break! How is it "just bad" it is actually, good. and only good. It is amazing how fast people pick things apart these days. It's not like they are going to stay restricted to the cd's anyway. anybody who wants them will get them. You know that. They will be online an hour after the show ends.

Its like that dumb thread about how some body is insulted that the Pixies think that their town is not important and is out of the way enough to not count...

Pixies are touring... plain and simple. If you can find something to complain about in that, (i mean, it's all four members!!!) then congratulations, you are a douche bag!

Edited by - Jonathan Bennett on 04/01/2004 14:14:31
Go to Top of Page

Manny
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
252 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  14:14:55  Show Profile  Click to see Manny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Meh, limited edition is fine by me. this whole idea is fine by me, in fact. I ordered minnie and winnie.

now I won't have to concentrate on bootlegging and will be able to enjoy the show in full.

whooo! more than 80 minutes, delish.

Go to Top of Page

Little Black Francis
> Teenager of the Year <

3648 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  14:24:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone remember when I told Frank about how Billy Idol does this and Frank said it would be a good idea? If you don't believe me, go the "King Holds HIs Court" thread, and you will see.

I feel cool now.

Someone was like, "that's a great idea, but it will never happen"

Hahah

Anyway, this is awesome news for those of us who won't ever see a show, and for those who can get copies of the shows they've seen to remember...

coo deal
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11682 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  14:34:09  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I remember that LBF. That is very cool.

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

Manny
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
252 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  15:14:35  Show Profile  Click to see Manny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah I also remember that. Well done!
Go to Top of Page

beergeek
- FB Fan -

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  15:28:06  Show Profile  Visit beergeek's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks LBF!

Go to Top of Page

gunner
- FB Fan -

Canada
128 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  16:04:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is freakin' awesome. I just ordered my CD. What a great concept....why didn't I think of this....

I'm so pumped I can bearly think in complete sentences...less than two weeks....woohoooo

http://ca.geocities.com/kpgordon17/
Go to Top of Page

guy_nolan
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
417 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  16:30:33  Show Profile  Click to see guy_nolan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
God damn! America gets it so good. When are they gonna export this genius notion to europe?

For ten thousand years he slept, his mind feeding on the nightmares of the weak. Now he has awakened. As the night turned crimson, the fire-blade shattered and his power died. Then, the slaughter began...
Go to Top of Page

ramona
"FB Quote Mistress"

USA
3988 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  17:08:47  Show Profile  Visit ramona's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was just thinking as I read this, "didn't someone suggest this to Frank on the forum?" Thats great LBF, you should feel famous! And since the whole point of the reunion is for them to make money, it seems like a fabulous idea to me. Go, Frank. I hope you rake in the dough and get to do whatever you want for a long long time!
Go to Top of Page

porkbone1
= Cult of Ray =

USA
390 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  17:17:07  Show Profile  Visit porkbone1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I saw a story about this on TECHTV one time -- and recently I was thinking how cool it would be for them to do it at this show. I am stoked!

The joke has come upon me
Go to Top of Page

mattb
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
474 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  17:42:46  Show Profile  Visit mattb's Homepage  Click to see mattb's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I got Winnipeg and Minneapolis since that's the ones I'm going to. I wish I could get all of them but I've been spending so much money lately I can't justify it. I'm kind of surprised they haven't sold out yet.

-----------------------
http://www.geocities.com/kittridge1/
Go to Top of Page

porkbone1
= Cult of Ray =

USA
390 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  18:52:25  Show Profile  Visit porkbone1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah I bought CDs from both those two shows as well. Now, I don't remember what thread it was, but I know someone said something about writing down the playlists from each show. I believe it was Cult OF Frank at the time that said something like, "from what I'm hearing that won't be necessary"

I guess now we know why!

The joke has come upon me
Go to Top of Page

jvince
- FB Fan -

Canada
88 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  19:36:42  Show Profile  Click to see jvince's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I concur with MattB. I bought Winnipeg because that's the one I'm going to. I'm nowhere near the stage, but it'd be pretty cool if someone near frontrow yelled there name loud enough to get onto the cd (not gonna happen if it's a soundboard recording, I think)!
Go to Top of Page

kingphilbert
= Cult of Ray =

USA
356 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  20:12:42  Show Profile  Visit kingphilbert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This definitely seems better than how hearitagain.net does it. I love the fact that I will be getting limited edition cds. One thing to possibly look forward to though, this past summer with Pearl Jam doing this a second time themselves, they were all internet only purchases of a limited run but some still made it to the stores when all was said and done. Who knows, some of these may also find there way to the stores depending on demand. I at least ordered two already though.
Go to Top of Page

pants
- FB Fan -

USA
200 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  23:00:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if they want to make even more money, maybe they'll offer a pro shot dvd of every show too. might be too late to plan that though.
Go to Top of Page

Ediger
- FB Fan -

Canada
46 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  23:49:24  Show Profile  Click to see Ediger's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
sweeeeeet. I was hoping there'd be a good quality recording of the Winnipeg show available somehow, sometime. I really like this who idea of releasing "official bootlegs" of every concert. Is it Pearl Jam we have to thank for that?

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just dont care...
Go to Top of Page

Shastasheen
- FB Fan -

62 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2004 :  00:29:38  Show Profile  Visit Shastasheen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Life Just Gets Better And Better! This Is The Year Of The Monkey Gone To Heaven!
I Nominate Frank As The Monkey Of The Year For Doing All This! F* Yea!

All I Am Are My Thoughts
Go to Top of Page

kempes
- FB Fan -

Ireland
49 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2004 :  01:04:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excellent!

I just ordered mine for the first date ...

Excellent idea, great for the fans and the band pocket make some money on it too.

Kempes
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6030 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2004 :  01:43:47  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think the disc's are too expensive. 32 dollar for me per disc (10 dollar shipping is a lot!), so I kinda hope it's an april fools joke.

But I have to say, great great concept

"I joined the Cult of Frank/Nobody wanted to join my Culf"
Go to Top of Page

jediroller
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1718 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2004 :  01:54:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Little Black Francis should get a special title for this.

--
Everything I say to you is gonna come out wrong anyway
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6030 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2004 :  02:02:29  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yes, hail to LBF!

"I joined the Cult of Frank/Nobody wanted to join my Culf"
Go to Top of Page

moro
- FB Fan -

Italy
192 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2004 :  03:32:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just bought all of them...I was to excited
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page