New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mrgrieves1971
= Cult of Ray =

USA
544 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2004 :  08:21:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Geiger would not comment on specific bands rumored to be appearing on the Perry Farrell-reared event this summer, such as the Pixies, the Cure, Nine Inch Nails or Sonic Youth, the latter of whom is said to be very close to joining the bill."

See article below:

Lollapalooza Eyes Blend of Success, Credibility
Tue Mar 9, 2004 06:30 PM ET

By Jonathan Cohen
NEW YORK (Billboard) - Lollapalooza organizers are aiming to "blend success and commerciality with credibility and meaning and risk taking" as they move forward with plans for the 2004 edition of the festival, William Morris Agency senior VP Marc Geiger told Billboard.com.

Addressing his return to the booking process after not participating in last year's edition, Geiger says, "I can assure you, as long as I'm involved, it wouldn't be anything but very cutting edge."

Geiger would not comment on specific bands rumored to be appearing on the Perry Farrell-reared event this summer, such as the Pixies, the Cure, Nine Inch Nails or Sonic Youth, the latter of whom is said to be very close to joining the bill. But he did weigh in on the merits of a potential lineup of veteran rock acts:

"What I really want to tell you is that most of the artists that commercial alternative radio broke in the late '90s suck and are over," he said. "If you want to program anything with substance, you're dealing with artists that have some kind of meaning and legacy, and ultimately, they're all going to be perceived as old, other than Jack White and a few others."

"Is Bonnaroo old, with a lineup that has the Dead, Dylan and David Byrne?," he asked rhetorically. "You can't go by time, because the coolest thing people want me to do is put Loretta Lynn together with Jack White, and she's almost 70! I have more respect for people who can manage their credibility over 10, 20, 30 years than any new band who is riding a new trendy wave."

Lollapalooza is expected to hit the road in July and August. "There will be a bunch of good stuff," Geiger promised.

Reuters/Billboard

VoVat
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2004 :  16:14:32  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Lollapalooza? That thing's still around?

Join the Culf of Buttoms / It's the Alerican way.
Go to Top of Page

porkbone1
= Cult of Ray =

USA
390 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2004 :  19:12:03  Show Profile  Visit porkbone1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't think it's still around, I think it's actually back. I think last year was the first time in 6 years they have had it. I would go if the Pixies, Cure, NIN, and Sonic Youth were all there. In fact, add The White Stripes and that's one of the best lineups I have seen in a long time!
Go to Top of Page

VoVat
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2004 :  12:02:20  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
There can only be one truly great music festival in a lifetime, and that's the US FESTIVAL! It was sponsored by that guy from Apple Computers.

Join the Culf of Buttoms / It's the Alerican way.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000