Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2004 :  18:02:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I forgot to add the info that mnsteelers sent me.

kottke (1 for Friday)
Jo_Vancouver (2 for Friday)
mnsteelers (1 for either)
roomloo (1 for Friday)
dkcomet - (2 for either, pref. Friday. Will gladly buy one & hope to get a 2nd at the show)
zenon_jhs (2 for either, pref. Thursday)

-- Total: 9 --

Edited by - roomloo on 03/07/2004 11:11:23
Go to Top of Page

gone_phishin2001
- FB Fan -

Canada
17 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2004 :  00:16:00  Show Profile  Visit gone_phishin2001's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello,

Kottke and Jo_Vancouver, you're both still on my list and as soon as I know for sure that my extra tickets are available I will contact you through private email....

Well its Saturday night, midnight.... I've been out and had a few beers... time to relax and watch Donnie Darko again....

Jason

www.laner.ca
"Between Thought and Expression Lies a Lifetime"
- Lou Reed
Go to Top of Page

Jo_Vancouver
- FB Fan -

37 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2004 :  00:27:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to hear. Thanks.

Donnie Darko. I watched that like 20 times, and I still don't get it. I know there are so many websites with info on that movie, but I'm determined to figure it out by myself.
Go to Top of Page

kottke
- FB Fan -

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2004 :  11:39:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks gone phishin. I dig.

"He bought me a soda"
Go to Top of Page

dkcomet
- FB Fan -

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2004 :  11:50:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I still haven't found anything for Vancouver. However, I did get some Davis tickets. I have a few extra to trade. At this point, I ONLY want to trade. I will trade 2 to 4 tickets for the Davis show for:

1. Vancouver - Friday
2. Spokane
3. Vancouver - Thursday

In that order of priority. If you have tickets to trade, please Pmail me at dkcomet@hotmail.com & we can work out the details.
Thanks,
David K
Seattle

Lookin' for the Motherload.
Go to Top of Page

Sad Punk
- FB Fan -

73 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2004 :  12:30:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello,
i have some tix to trade for 2 vancouver (either night ). i'm hopin some of you are road trippin and i can help

davis(2)
or
spokane(2)
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2004 :  14:47:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has the topic of hotels been discussed on this thread? I can't remember. The Winnipeg people are talking about it on that thread ... it would be cool to get a bunch of Vancouver revelers together in one hotel close to the venue. I have no idea what the best options are, though. Any locals care to throw in some ideas?
Go to Top of Page

One_Angry_Dwarf
- FB Fan -

57 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2004 :  11:40:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Granville, the street where the Commodore is, is full to the gunwales with traveller's hostels. It'd be no trouble to get some cheap lodging down there. There's a few cheap hotels down there as well, mostly in strip clubs and such. it's a pretty sleazy strip, but I love it! Definitely, hostel is the way to go, though. Spring and summer are beautiful in Vancouver, so they may be in high demand... I recommend you look into them early. I'll track down some info and post it on here for people who are interested... or you can e-mail me at fifield@interchange.ubc.ca
Go to Top of Page

Amazed
- FB Fan -

178 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2004 :  12:30:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if your looking for a nice hotel near the venue this is where I like to stay! blocks away from Commodore ballroom.

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites VANCOUVER-DWTN-TOWER & SUITES
1110 Howe Street
Vancouver, British Columbia Canada V6Z 1R2
866-238-9330
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hd/yvrdt?irs=y

Now if your straped for cash the best hostel I found in Vancouver is @ the university 20 min busride from venue. there are hostels downtown but they are SCUM the U.B.C hostel is very very nice!!! but I think it only operates in the summer I am not sure on that http://www.pacificspirithostel.com/

Edited by - Amazed on 03/04/2004 12:57:13
Go to Top of Page

shineoftheever
> Teenager of the Year <

Canada
4307 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2004 :  12:31:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's a link to the hostelling international site / it's cheaper if you get a membership!

www.hihostels.ca/hostels/BC/BCRegion/VancouverCentral/Hostels/

wade on!
Go to Top of Page

shineoftheever
> Teenager of the Year <

Canada
4307 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2004 :  13:16:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, that one out by UBC is definitely the best, I've also heard good things about the Globetrotters Inn in North Van, also 20 minutes by seabus and bus to the commodore.

http://www.welcometobc.ca/bchostels/

wade on!
Go to Top of Page

kottke
- FB Fan -

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2004 :  16:57:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Come on magic ticket sharing topic...WORK...come on...WORK. WORK NOW. NOW.

Damn.

"He bought me a soda"
Go to Top of Page

marbleslinger
- FB Fan -

Canada
134 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2004 :  11:43:03  Show Profile  Visit marbleslinger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the cambie hostel is a good cheap stay if someone needs a suggestion in vancouver....

im still looking for my vancouver tickets and i live in the city here....

will trade a place to stay for a ticket:)

i was talkin to peachy peach about kissy kiss
Go to Top of Page

marbleslinger
- FB Fan -

Canada
134 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2004 :  11:50:43  Show Profile  Visit marbleslinger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
my recommendation for cheap accomodations near the commodore:

http://www.cambiehostels.com/

Go to Top of Page

gone_phishin2001
- FB Fan -

Canada
17 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2004 :  22:48:30  Show Profile  Visit gone_phishin2001's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey,

The Cambie is a great choice. I've stayed there many a night after a concert. The cost is $18 a night (canadian) and they have a great breakfest. The pub is full of picnic tables and its always packed. I think it would be a great place to get together before Friday's show, around 5pm.... I'm flying in Thursday and going straight to the show... but afterwards.. The Railway Club???

Jason

www.laner.ca
"Between Thought and Expression Lies a Lifetime"
- Lou Reed
Go to Top of Page

Jo_Vancouver
- FB Fan -

37 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2004 :  01:16:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I live in North Van, which is like a seabus ride away from the venue (which is only 10-15 minutes), and if people need a place to stay, feel free to ask.
Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1462 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2004 :  08:02:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'd be in to meeting before the show, thurday and friday, and having some bevies. plus post shakedown after the show is a given as well. on thursday i'll probably be with a group of 4 or 5. my flight comes in at 5:25 pm on thurday. can't wait!

in terms of hotels i'm leaning towards the holiday inn. i'll be with the mrs. so i need to make sure she's taken care of.

"I joined the Cult of Frank/ and I got a free t-shirt with this dude on it."
Go to Top of Page

kottke
- FB Fan -

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2004 :  10:19:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone on the list for a Friday ticket been able to get any yet? I feel like a carny with all the wheelin' and dealin' I'm trying to do, but so far to no avail. Does anyone have any leads or suggestions?

"He bought me a soda"
Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1462 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2004 :  10:59:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ya someone's got to help out kottke! he's the nice guy that started this thread and he's #1 on the list. i was able to get a friday ticket by trading 2 wpg tix for the friday show so i lucked out.

Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2004 :  11:01:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And there are only four tickets in line ahead of me, and five ahead of you fumanbru -- it could still happen!
Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1462 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2004 :  11:08:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it's gonna happen!

you guys can take me off the list. i got my tickets for thursday the day of and i traded for a friday so i'm all set.

Go to Top of Page

shineoftheever
> Teenager of the Year <

Canada
4307 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2004 :  15:00:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, THE CAMBIE is the perfect place to meet before shows for cheap bevvies and average food! it's only a 10 - 12 minute walk from the Commodore and it's been there so long (corner of Cambie and Cordova) all locals know where it is.

"My upbringing gets me down"
Go to Top of Page

Jo_Vancouver
- FB Fan -

37 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2004 :  16:57:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
kottke - I'm still waiting but it sure doesn't look good.
Go to Top of Page

astrocat
- FB Fan -

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2004 :  18:47:41  Show Profile  Visit astrocat's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My hubby and I are staying at the Holiday Inn--thanks Amazed for the tip. It's pretty reasonable for a downtown hotel, at that time of year--$89CAD, around $67USD.

We've got tickets to Thursday and really want to get tickets to the Friday show. We love Vancouver, and love the Commodore. We've even got tickets to trade but with all the trouble you all have had getting Friday tickets I wonder if it is even worth a post

Edited by - astrocat on 03/07/2004 18:52:12
Go to Top of Page

kottke
- FB Fan -

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2004 :  22:28:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK Jo. Thanks for the heads up. I'm still just hoping here. And I'm gonna keep on posting around like a post-whore right up until the day. So crazy. I thought I'd have a ticket for sure by now, regardless that it's Friday in Vancouver.

Gar! Must...keep...posting...

"He bought me a soda"
Go to Top of Page

johnny_4_president
- FB Fan -

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2004 :  14:06:08  Show Profile  Visit johnny_4_president's Homepage  Reply with Quote
howdy, all.
roomloo, good to see you've branched out, are now helping to manage this list, as well as winnipeg.
can i join this list too? i posted a few pages back, and need an exscuse to see vancouver.
would be interested in anything for either night. i've got a buddy, but if i only get 1 ticket to winnipeg, i'll trade him for the vancouver show.
hope everybody's having a great day. peace.
- johnny

-> Disponibile <-
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2004 :  14:16:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Johnny, I'm adding you to the list although I should point out that this list is nothing like Winnipeg. Either people just didn't get extras, or aren't as committed to giving out tickets the way they would have hoped others to do if they hadn't gotten any, but the way it looks now it wouldn't be a shock if nobody got any.

Basically, this list probably needed another MattB to stress over and over just what people were signing up for when they signed up. Hopefully people didn't think it meant they'd get tickets from the list if they didn't get any from Ticketmaster, but if they did get tickets from TM, they could forget about the list. And also we definitely could have used a little better luck in getting tickets when Ticketmaster had them.

For all I know it was all bad luck -- I don't want to put anybody down, and it does look like some people with extras have been on the cusp of offering something, just waiting on tying up some loose ends. Not bad people, just not as lucky and not as tightly run a list.

Here's the update:

kottke (1 for Friday)
Jo_Vancouver (2 for Friday)
mnsteelers (1 for either)
roomloo (1 for Friday)
dkcomet - (2 for either, pref. Friday. Will gladly buy one & hope to get a 2nd at the show)
zenon_jhs (2 for either, pref. Thursday)
johnny_4_president (1-2 for either)
-- Total: 10-11 --
Go to Top of Page

ladell
- FB Fan -

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2004 :  15:05:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi I have 2 tickets for the Vancouver Commodore show on the Friday (23rd). I would like to swap those for 2 on the Thursday (22nd).

I would have to meet you in Vancouver for a swap in person. If you are interested, please email me at j_levar@yahoo.com.
Go to Top of Page

marbleslinger
- FB Fan -

Canada
134 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2004 :  16:56:03  Show Profile  Visit marbleslinger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hey ladell,
i tried emailing you but that addy you posted didnt work,

hope this isnt out of line, but if you do have extras to either commodore nite and are willing to part with them id be extra stoked, i live in vancouver off commercial drive and prefer in person transactions myself!!

i only have winnipeg tickets so i dont know if that interests you otherwise im workin on other ends for vancouver tickets and i might have an extra thurs if one scene works out and would love to trade for friday, or do cash if thats how it could work,

thanx,
aaron
marbleslinger@shaw.ca

Go to Top of Page

kottke
- FB Fan -

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2004 :  18:27:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ladell, I can trade you. Email me if you want to trade on Thursday's show.

"He bought me a soda"
Go to Top of Page

One_Angry_Dwarf
- FB Fan -

57 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2004 :  23:56:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have two tickets to Thursday's show. I would like to trade one Thursday for one Friday if anybody is interested. I live in Vancouver and have the actual printed tickets, so a face to face exchange would be easiest. Anybody interested can contact me at fifield@interchange.ubc.ca
Go to Top of Page

Jo_Vancouver
- FB Fan -

37 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2004 :  11:44:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, you go to UBC?
Go to Top of Page

One_Angry_Dwarf
- FB Fan -

57 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2004 :  15:00:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i sure do go to UBC. they even gave me that fancy e-mail address. I guess that's what thousands of dollars in fees gets you.
Go to Top of Page

marbleslinger
- FB Fan -

Canada
134 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2004 :  16:04:19  Show Profile  Visit marbleslinger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if i could be added to the "list" too id be stoked,
even if it seems bleak right now, im still in need of both nights commodore,
1-2 each night,

thanx,
aaron

Go to Top of Page

Manny
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
252 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2004 :  18:24:52  Show Profile  Click to see Manny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote

Edited by - Manny on 10/23/2007 12:03:26
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000