Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

kottke
- FB Fan -

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  12:39:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm flying to Vancouver from San Diego solely for this event. Maybe I'll see you guys there. Still hoping for access to 1 Friday ticket.

"He bought me a soda"
Go to Top of Page

Jo_Vancouver
- FB Fan -

37 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  12:59:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tickets are already up on Ebay.
Go to Top of Page

kottke
- FB Fan -

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  13:10:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Help me understand. Isn't auctioning tix illegal? And how does it happen on a well-known site like ebay if it is illegal?

"He bought me a soda"
Go to Top of Page

Dallas
= Cult of Ray =

USA
725 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  13:20:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Depends on the local laws. In Dallas, as long as you are not on the site of the event, you can sell a ticket for any price you can get for it.
Go to Top of Page

puckhead56
- FB Fan -

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  14:02:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gone_phishin2001

Hi again,

Kottke, correct me if I'm wrong. You were the first person to post to the thread entitled "Vancouver Shows: April 22/23" requesting tickets and offering to buy for others.

That means the first-come-first-serve Order goes as follows:

kottke
Jo_Vancouver
mnsteelers
gone_phishin2001
roomloo
fumanbru
puckhead56
neo-calanus
dkcomet

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I have tickets to at least one of the shows so you can take me off the list and make room for someone who's ticketless. I got cluster fuc%#d like many of us online and on the phone. I'm actually in Vancouver for the weekend and had made my way downtown to check out the record stores who were selling tix (Zulu, Scratch, Noize, Highlife) -- little supply and huge demand. A lot of my friends (and long-time fans) got royally screwed this AM. I'm one of the lucky ones I guess as my friend was able to get through on the phone for a purchase. However, I suspect that there'll be more tix released sometime, hopefully, soon. Keep an eye and ear open for any word from Ticketmaster, the local record stores, and especially from the promoter. If I hear anything, I'll let you all know and will work again to make us all happy late April. Meanwhile I'll be back in the SF Bay Area next week and will be much wiser when trying to get my hands on tickets to the Davis, CA show when they go sale next Saturday.

R.
Go to Top of Page

elevator lady
- FB Fan -

11 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  15:52:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just hopin someone might want to sell me 2 tickets
i tried and failed miserably
Go to Top of Page

marko
- FB Fan -

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  16:12:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bought 3 tickets for Friday and my girlfriend bought 3 tickets for Thursday but we are only going to go one day. So I'll sell 3 tickets when I decide which day we are going on. I'll keep you guys posted.
Go to Top of Page

karolyn
- FB Fan -

2 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  12:40:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey there everyone...
I am desperate for tickets to either vancouver show. 4 tickets together would be ideal but right now I am very flexible. Please let me know if you are willing to sell.

Please add me to the list

Edited by - karolyn on 02/22/2004 12:41:09
Go to Top of Page

One_Angry_Dwarf
- FB Fan -

57 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  14:10:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hay gang. I wrote the strongly worded letter to Ticketmaster about the tardy Ticketmaster employee and managed to score two tickets for the Thursday Commodore Ballroom show. I'd still love to have Friday tickets if anybody is looking to unload some. I will consider a trade involving one of my Thursday tickets and some cash if anybody is interested. E-mail me at fifield@interchange.ubc.ca
Go to Top of Page

Jo_Vancouver
- FB Fan -

37 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  15:20:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't believe Ticketmaster was so nice for once!
Go to Top of Page

One_Angry_Dwarf
- FB Fan -

57 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  17:43:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The same goes for me. They were quick to reply, as well. Within a few hours. I'm very impressed by Ticketmaster and HOB's performance this time around. Maybe this is what all those convenience fees pay for.
Go to Top of Page

sgirl
- FB Fan -

Canada
10 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  17:52:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have one ticket for the friday show. i may give it to a friend, but the way things are going on ebay,...who knows!
Go to Top of Page

sgirl
- FB Fan -

Canada
10 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  18:03:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also, i'm just curious...
there are so many people here who want tickets! is anyone selling them on here for a reasonable price? or is it going the 'ebay' scalpers way? how much are people here willing to spend? or are you looking for another fan who cares about you {meaning, giving them to you for face value}?

i'm not asking this to be a bitch or anything, i'm seriously curious.

Go to Top of Page

Jo_Vancouver
- FB Fan -

37 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  18:34:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If people selling the tickets were actual Pixies fans, I'm sure they wouldn't deprive some other fans by selling it at a ridiculous amount.
Go to Top of Page

sgirl
- FB Fan -

Canada
10 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  19:01:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry everyone,..i just talked to my friend and he does want to go, so that means i have no tickets to sell
Go to Top of Page

sgirl
- FB Fan -

Canada
10 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  19:09:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WHAT does being a 'real pixies fan' mean about selling tickets for a profit or not?
this is the real world and most people are out to make a profit!
now, i don't have any tickets to sell {i gave my extra one to a friend} , but if i did, i would probably try and sell high to a stranger. i wouldnt strap my friends for a profit, but if some fool is willing to pay 200bux for two tickets, then that's there problem. obviously they have more money than me! I couldnt affort that kind of money for concert tickets, but if someone is willing to pay, why not? both buyer and seller benefit. IF I had extra tickets, and I made a few bucks, then that money would help me pay for school.
So really,...being a 'real pixies fan' just motivated me to actually MAKE SURE that I got tickets to the show.
Go to Top of Page

kottke
- FB Fan -

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  19:14:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe a "real honest and kind Pixies fan" would be the qualifier. We are doing it to be kind to each other and not raise the seller's level of benefit at the expense of the buyer's. That's win/win at it's truest. But your win/lose method is definitely a way some people choose to play. It's certainly some people's "real world."

"He bought me a soda"
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  19:35:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you're a real honest Pixies fan you buy tickets because you want to see the Pixies, and if you have a surplus, you give them back at cost because you know what it is to want to see the Pixies so badly, and you'd feel guilty about paying face value but forcing someone else to pay more because of your own greed.

Anyway, I don't know if this ticket exchange list is going anywhere -- we have a really good one going for Winnipeg, everyone is really going out of their way to help each other. If that spirit catches fire here as well, I'm still on the list but I only need one ticket. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Jo_Vancouver
- FB Fan -

37 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  20:41:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It means that you would have ability to experience what the people who tried to get tickets, but were unsuccessful at doing so, are experiencing - that is, pure agony of not being able to see a band that one has such admiration for.
Go to Top of Page

One_Angry_Dwarf
- FB Fan -

57 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  20:43:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't get the hostility around here, either. I thought the ticket exchange would be a great idea, but it seems nobody is really interested in helping people out. I only managed to scrape up two tickets for one show, but it would be the easiest thing in the world to part with any extras for face value. This isn't supposed to be a lesson in capitalism, we all know how that works, this is supposed to be a tour by a band that we all love dearly and it's a crime that fans of the band can't help each other out. It's bad enough we have to compete with assholes that are buying them purely to make money off people (who clearly have the upper hand it seems), we don't have to add greed to the mix. I just don't understand...
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  20:48:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is strange -- if you amble over to the 16 pages of posts in the Winnipeg thread, almost half of the posts are people trying to help each other out with tickets, selling their extras at face value. You'd think people would be much more possessive of their Winnipeg tickets, with it being the very first Pixies show since 1992 and everything. Why no love in Vancouver?
Go to Top of Page

kottke
- FB Fan -

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  22:05:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't see so much hostility here, really just a person or two who are frustrated with something in their life. Read through the topic and there are some people who are really nice and offering to help. I don't think too many people got tickets for Vancouver to spare. Especially Friday. Still hoping, though!

"He bought me a soda"
Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1462 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  22:30:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ya. sounds like the friday tickets are very hard to come by. lets cross our fingers.

"I joined the Cult of Frank/ and I got a free t-shirt with this dude on it."
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  22:59:00  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Perhaps being in a smaller city keeps people a little more connected to each other..i dunno.

Join the Cult of the Flying Pigxies - I'm A Believer!
Go to Top of Page

Amazed
- FB Fan -

178 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  01:20:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well 4 tickets for friday 23rd sold on Ebay .. $900 Canadian! thats $225 each for those of you that failed math!
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  06:54:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, now that I think about it my theories have little to do with Vancouver people being less giving, it's more that:

1) Even though roughly the same number of tickets (over both 4/22 and 4/23) were supposedly available for Vancouver as for Winnipeg, it looks like in general people on these forums had a lot less luck with Vancouver than Winnipeg.
2) Kind of contradicting my earlier remark about Winnipeg being more coveted than Vancouver, I think people with Winnipeg tickets are a little more sympathetic to those who don't have tickets. Winnipeg is the ONLY first show of the tour, whereas if you struck out on Vancouver, someone with extras is more likely to tell you to just go to Victoria or even Saskatoon. So Winnipeg ticketholders just see more reason to be helpful.

I don't know if it has anything to do with the sizes of the communities ... a large percentage of those having/needing tickets for Winnipeg aren't even from Winnipeg. Or Canada for that matter.

Edited by - roomloo on 02/23/2004 06:57:18
Go to Top of Page

pixie801
- FB Fan -

52 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  07:22:09  Show Profile  Click to see pixie801's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Also, the limit on buying was 4, so most people only have 1 or 2 extras at most -- vs. some people on the winnepeg list with 16 extras!

Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  08:26:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnipeg had a 4-ticket limit, the people with more extras than that (actually there is only one person with more than 3 extras) just had a bunch of friends go online simultaneously at 10am.
Go to Top of Page

One_Angry_Dwarf
- FB Fan -

57 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  11:16:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll stand by the good people of Vancouver who just want to go out and enjoy a show. It's the pricks who are out to make what they know will be a tremendous profit from us. And, of course, there are an awful lot more people in the Vancouver area than Winnipeg, so there are a hell of a lot more of these pricks.

I'm still working on getting more tickets. There are very few people I've spoken to who are remotely interested in getting out, but as the shows get closer, I'm sure some people will have to bail.
Go to Top of Page

miles_hi
- FB Fan -

11 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  11:50:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i am a lucky on going to both nites!!!
ppl laughed at me for getting up a 7 a.m to stand in line at zulu
who's laughing now
i was 3rd in line and happy as heck.
i think the scalpers SUCK their the one that caused all this grief!!
ok thats all
miles
Go to Top of Page

One_Angry_Dwarf
- FB Fan -

57 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  12:37:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Trust me miles, I'm kicking myself in the ass. I was up at the same time as you, but instead of going to Zulu I went to TicketMaster and still didn't get the tickets I wanted. Again, I'm not going to complain too much as I still get to see one show, which is a lot better than none. But Zulu was my original plan... grrrrrr.
Go to Top of Page

One_Angry_Dwarf
- FB Fan -

57 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  12:42:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Trust me miles, I'm kicking myself in the ass. I was up at the same time as you, but instead of going to Zulu I went to TicketMaster and still didn't get the tickets I wanted. Again, I'm not going to complain too much as I still get to see one show, which is a lot better than none. But Zulu was my original plan... grrrrrr.

Also: I have a status update on my other ticket. Of course I intend to give it to my girlfriend so she can come with me, but she has seen how much so many people love this band, and she actually feels guilty that she is going in someone's place. She likes the band, of course, but not with the same fever that most of us here do. (she learned that through having to console me when I thought I was shut out). So I assure you, if this is the case, and it looks like it may be, it will go to somebody here and it will go for face value.
Go to Top of Page

kottke
- FB Fan -

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  16:49:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Swweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

"He bought me a soda"
Go to Top of Page

Jo_Vancouver
- FB Fan -

37 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  17:25:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
^ Did you get that extra ticket?
Go to Top of Page

dkcomet
- FB Fan -

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  18:38:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys,
Well, I struck out. I was trying for Friday tickets & had problems getting through as many of you experienced. If anyone is willing to sell some to a fellow list member, as we discussed prior to sale time, please let me know. I was like, #8 or something, on the Vancouver "I'll buy as many as I can & sell them to other list members who need them" list. Anyway, I need 2 tickets & will pay a finders fee, but can't afford the ebay prices. If you can part with any, or did buy some extras for the list, please contact me. I'll even buy drinks all night!
Thanks,

David K,
Seattle
Dkcomet@yahoo.com

Lookin' for the Motherload.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page