Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

kottke
- FB Fan -

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  11:37:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I must get one ticket to both of these shows. I must. I am a fanatic. I will be flying there from San Diego solely to see them, and not getting a ticket to both shows is not an option for me.

The instant Vancouver tickets go on sale, everyone who wants to go: BUY, BUY, BUY! I will do the same. Then we can contact each other and see who still needs tickets. I have zero concern about our ability to face value resell them the night of the show if we do not eat them up first.

Who's with me?!

"jugando en la playa"

Edited by - kottke on 02/12/2004 15:42:18

kromkamp
= Cult of Ray =

291 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  11:39:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You mean, you dont want to see them on the 21st in a curling club? :)

I'm going to try to get the 21st and 23rd, give myself a day off in between.
Go to Top of Page

Jo_Vancouver
- FB Fan -

37 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  13:39:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will try to buy tickets as soon as I know when they are on sale. If I decide to buy extra, I will definitely sell it at face value to anyone that needs one.
Go to Top of Page

mnsteelers
- FB Fan -

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  14:43:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
count me in guys. I'm planning on going to both shows as well. Looks like a cool venue with a capacity of 900. I'm going to try and get tickets but let's definitely try and hook each other up.

Mike
Olympia, WA
Go to Top of Page

gone_phishin2001
- FB Fan -

Canada
17 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  17:40:35  Show Profile  Visit gone_phishin2001's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey,

I'm in!!! I will try to get as many tickets as I can. I'll be driving out 4 hours from Kelowna, BC.

The Commodore Ballroom is amazing
http://www.laner.ca/pixies_vancouver.html

Jason
www.laner.ca

Jason

www.laner.ca
"Between Thought and Expression Lies a Lifetime"
- Lou Reed
Go to Top of Page

kottke
- FB Fan -

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  18:24:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great to hear we have a few people in. If both shows tix come available simultaneously, I will open 2 browser windows, one for each show. Then (assuming I can get any tix) I'll buy as many as I can get for both shows and share with as many of you on this page as I can.

I will sincerely do all I can to get tickets. Get my back, gentlemen!

"jugando en la playa"
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  19:13:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got your back man ... I haven't made travel plans yet but those will pretty much be dictated by wherever I can get tickets, since I'm not necessarily counting on my first or second choice.

But that said, Vancouver is my first or second choice (haven't decided which yet) :)
Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1462 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  21:06:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
count me in as well. just booked my flight! flying in from winnipeg on the 22nd and am hoping to check out both shows in vancouver. may the ticketmaster gods bless this forum. :)

mike

"I joined the Cult of Frank/ and I got a free t-shirt with this dude on it."
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  23:46:02  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow Mike - i'll see ya there!!

Join the Cult of the Flying Pigxies - I'm A Believer!
Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1462 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  05:11:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
great! really looking forward to meeting the minister of chaos in person. the mrs. and i are arriving on the thursday at 5:30pm and then heading to the venue shortly after. i'll probably be going solo to the friday show.

yippy-iye-yae! can't wait till april.

"I joined the Cult of Frank/ and I got a free t-shirt with this dude on it."
Go to Top of Page

kromkamp
= Cult of Ray =

291 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  05:45:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, Commodore Ballroom is bigger than I thought. That seems like it could hold more than 900 G.A.

BTW you guys do realize that Victoria (the day before these shows) is only an hour ferry ride from Vancouver, right? And that venue claims to hold 2000. Should be easier to get.

Go to Top of Page

kottke
- FB Fan -

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  09:20:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah. I would love to go to Victoria, too. I'm just not sure I can get off work for that long. Damn the work! Always getting in the way of me not working.

"jugando en la playa"
Go to Top of Page

puckhead56
- FB Fan -

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  12:00:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll be flying in to Van (from SF) in hopes to catch both shows. I'll be keeping an eye out for tix and will be online with credit card in hand to pick up as many as possible the minute they go on sale. I've plenty of friends back home looking to do the same also in hopes that we can get as many 'real fans' of the band to see at least one of the shows. I'll post as to what we'll have available and will sell (at cost) to whomever needs a ticket. If anyone is looking to do the same for the show in Davis, CA, let me know.

Looking forward to heading back to the Commodore - haven't been there since about '96 (I think) before it temporarily shut down. However, this House of Blues thing kinda concerns me...

Cheers,
R.
Go to Top of Page

neo-calanus
- FB Fan -

6 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  12:48:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi. i am new on these boards (same neocalanus from the livevictoria.com website).

i would really like to take part in the buy as many tix and sell them at face value to real fans scheme. i am totally in. i can probably buy 2 extra on top of the 4 i want (i am a broke grad student). may be we should partner up? anyone in vic interested in being my ticket-buying pal?

i am hoping to catch the vic show as well as one of the vancouver ones. i will be happy with just one though. i am really surprised that the band is not playing at the orpheum. i wonder if they will switch to a bigger venue should one become available.
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  14:57:50  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey N-C, welcome neighbour! =)

I'm sure you could find folks who'd trade for Van shows, etc.. You won't have any trouble finding people who will want them tho..

Join the Cult of the Flying Pigxies - I'm A Believer!
Go to Top of Page

Jo_Vancouver
- FB Fan -

37 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  15:26:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Still no info on this. The Commodore knows nothing...I just called. All I want to know is if it's 19+ or not.
Go to Top of Page

dkcomet
- FB Fan -

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  17:09:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm on it too. I'll try to getthe max tickets for Friday. I'm not sure if I can make Thursday. I may head to the Spokane show on Saturday too, if tix work out. It's about 5 hours from Seattle & Vancouver is like 3. That would be 8 hours on saturday, but what the hell. Already have my Coachella pass, so at least I know I will see one show! If I come up with extras for Vancouver, I'll let you guys know before I try to unload them at a profit somewhere.
Good luck everyone.
Thanks,
David K
Seattle

Lookin' for the Motherload.
Go to Top of Page

His Holiness
- FB Fan -

6 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  19:21:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, all. I'm a first-time poster but I've been lurking this site ever since the reunion rumors started a few months back. Anyway, I live in Bellingham, about 2 hours from Vancouver, and my friends and I are desperate to get a few tickets for one of the Vancouver shows. I'd love to jump in on the scheme to get tickets from you loyal fans in case I'm unable to get through. It would be great to have a meet-up in B.C.! Looking forward to it!
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  19:26:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If there is anyone in the Northwest who thinks they might have better access to tickets, but money is limiting how many extras they can get, maybe somehow we can arrange paying you in advance ... or at least shortly after tickets are bought. I for one could PayPal you the money right away ... we just need to figure out some way of ensuring that people abide by the honor code...
Go to Top of Page

pixie801
- FB Fan -

52 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  19:53:28  Show Profile  Click to see pixie801's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I will totally jump on the bandwagon here. I CANNOT believe my favorite band of all time is reuniting and playing concerts! This is so not real. Crazy. Anyway -- I will obviously try to buy as many tickets as possible when they go on sale. And obviously update the forum as soon as I hear any news! I was just saying to my husband -- It's nice to see that I'm not the only one obsessing so much over this! I literally spent hours Wednesday trying to find out more info. Argh!

I was initially more interested in the Victoria show - thinking it'd be a smaller crowd - but now hearing that the Vancouver venue only holds 900 (vs. 1500 at the curling club) I think this sounds like a better deal, plus closer to me here in Seattle.

I was also considering Eugene and Davis, but college towns can be crazy. We're trying to figure out what show will have the best venue and give us the closest view and best experience! Any input here?

Thanks!

p.s. Anyone else never seen them live? I was only 13 when they broke up and embarassed to say what I was likely listening to at that time... the "If you could see any band of any time, who would it be?" question has always been "The pixies!" for me. Never thought it'd really happen.
Go to Top of Page

kottke
- FB Fan -

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  21:27:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm with you pixie801. Obsessed, yes. I've never seen them live. And I considered Davis, too.

Vancouvies unite! Keep checking into this topic so we can post/check updates on the Commodore sitch.

"He bought me a soda"
Go to Top of Page

DeBased
- FB Fan -

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  21:59:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My spouse and I are also going to try for Fri. in Vancouver. If we can't get tickets, we'll try for Victoria or Spokane,or the Thu. Vancouver show. I would gladly put extra tickets up for sale here at cost if we end up with any. Are these tickets ever going to go up for sale? This is like torture. I think we're going to go see No. 13 Baby in Seattle on the 28th just in case we end up with no tickets for the real thing! (that's our local Pixies cover band - good, by the way- great singer plus drummer from the Presidents). I hope we all get to see the Pixies, it will be devastating if the devout fans if not.

the method...of stop tap spin, no talkin'...
Go to Top of Page

idigforfire
- FB Fan -

1 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  14:13:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok i am flying all the way from texas to catch both vancouver shows. i'm going to try to get them on my own, but if anyone gets extras let me know because i might need some. thanks.

oh i can't wait. bc buds by day, pixies by night.
Go to Top of Page

goldhick
- FB Fan -

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  15:33:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also live in Vancouver.
Don't worry about the Commodore being a HOB veune. It is a great place to see a show.

I will try to get some extra tickets for both shows when they go on sale. I am a little worried if they go on sale next Saturday though as I will have no way of getting a hold of tickets. I guess that is what this board is for though!
I will definetly sell any extra tickets I have here.

Go to Top of Page

acerocknroll
- FB Fan -

6 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2004 :  17:25:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey guys,
i live in philadelphia, pa, but i am trying to see the pixies at the curling club in victoria. i'm desperate to get tickets, and would be happy to share any extras i might be able to acquire if others would be willing to do the same. i could also *maybe* help some people with accomodations in victoria, as i lived there for a while and know some people. good luck to everyone trying to get tix...

-matt
Go to Top of Page

beergeek
- FB Fan -

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  12:37:18  Show Profile  Visit beergeek's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll be coming up from San Francisco to try and catch the Victoria and 2 Vancouver shows -- and hopefully spend a couple extra days in Vancouver. That is if I can get tickets to any of the 3 shows!
Go to Top of Page

kottke
- FB Fan -

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2004 :  10:06:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would think the tickets for these shows will be going up in the next few days, maybe week, based on other shows about to go onsale.

Just to review, we are buying as many tix as we can for this show and any extra we sell at cost to each other. Yeah?

"He bought me a soda"
Go to Top of Page

vespa59
- FB Fan -

38 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2004 :  11:24:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm in as well! I'm going to drive up to Victoria from Seattle to get tix in person for the Curling Club, and I'm going to try to get an army of friends working on getting the rest. I'm going to get as many as possible for everything. I will say that my extras will go to close friends who are insane fans first, and then the rest will be up for grabs to you guys or whoever else is in need.
Go to Top of Page

raygun
- FB Fan -

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2004 :  14:00:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Long time lurker, first time poster,
I hope the ticketmaster isn't a disaster on this show like the shows in europe. My friend and I MUST see the pixies on friday. She's flying from socal. Vancouver natives, any reccommendations of cuisine for the night of the show?

where have you been?
Go to Top of Page

beergeek
- FB Fan -

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2004 :  15:05:44  Show Profile  Visit beergeek's Homepage  Reply with Quote
These shows are up on ticketmaster.ca now:

https://ticketing.ticketmaster.com/cgi/purchasepage_ca.asp?event_id=11003850C59B96B6

https://ticketing.ticketmaster.com/cgi/purchasepage_ca.asp?event_id=11003850C23A8F03

They go on sale at 9:30am PT Saturday
Go to Top of Page

One_Angry_Dwarf
- FB Fan -

57 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2004 :  16:39:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll join the chorus in saying that the Commodore is a gorgeous room, one of the best I've ever been in. Also, it's where the Pixies played the first last shows. I'd like to join in on the ticket fest, as well. I live in Vancouver, and might be able to get mine at a record store here for cheaper than ticketbastard. I'm buying for both Vancouver nights and probably Victoria as well.

There's lots of great eating in downtown Vancouver... there's a fresh sushi bar on every damn corner and 99cent pizza everywhere you look. The Cambie pub is nice and close to the Commodore and has cheap standard pub fare and cheap beer too. Anyone wants the word on other info, like places to stay, just e-mail me at fifield@interchange.ubc.ca and I'll try and help you out.
Go to Top of Page

raygun
- FB Fan -

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2004 :  16:42:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks dwarf! I booked at the wedgewood for the night. how late are clubs open in vancouver?

where have you been?
Go to Top of Page

One_Angry_Dwarf
- FB Fan -

57 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2004 :  16:49:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last call is usually around 2am. There are some select clubs that have 4am last calls, but they are sketchy dance clubs full of fakes. I'll probably end up at one of the pubs afterwards, where you'll meet lots of people interested in how the pixies show went.

as for where I have been... I'm not sure how you know me or where I've been absent from...
Go to Top of Page

One_Angry_Dwarf
- FB Fan -

57 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2004 :  16:51:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last call is usually around 2am. There are some select clubs that have 4am last calls, but they are sketchy dance clubs full of fakes. I'll probably end up at one of the pubs afterwards, where you'll meet lots of people interested in how the pixies show went.

as for where I have been... I'm not sure how you know me or where I've been absent from...
Go to Top of Page

raygun
- FB Fan -

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2004 :  16:55:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
but hey,

"where have you been?"
Go to Top of Page

One_Angry_Dwarf
- FB Fan -

57 Posts