Posted - 02/18/2004 :  17:50:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hehe
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2004 :  18:15:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I digress a little bit, but to the people who run the forum, it would be nice if the signatures could be displayed automatically in a different font, or with a line above (which I think is the general standard), or something ... it can be confusing sometimes.
Go to Top of Page

Picapiedra
- FB Fan -

121 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2004 :  23:00:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm in on the Vancouver ticket pool. And I'll probably be up for meeting up with some of yall somewhere before/after the show. I plan to fly in/out on the 21/24th. Maybe the Canucks & the Stars will make the playoffs and have a game in Vancouvr on the21st. Hey, staranger things have happened, like this band called the Pixies that are reuniting for a tour.
-roger.

"Drug run'n on this Panamanian schooner."
Go to Top of Page

zria
- FB Fan -

5 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  05:45:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vespa59

I'm in as well! I'm going to drive up to Victoria from Seattle to get tix in person for the Curling Club, and I'm going to try to get an army of friends working on getting the rest. I'm going to get as many as possible for everything. I will say that my extras will go to close friends who are insane fans first, and then the rest will be up for grabs to you guys or whoever else is in need.

If I can't get tickets, sell me a couple.

Also, I think I recognize your name from the Vera Project emailings, am I correct?
Go to Top of Page

vespa59
- FB Fan -

38 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  09:54:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zria

quote:
Originally posted by vespa59

I'm in as well! I'm going to drive up to Victoria from Seattle to get tix in person for the Curling Club, and I'm going to try to get an army of friends working on getting the rest. I'm going to get as many as possible for everything. I will say that my extras will go to close friends who are insane fans first, and then the rest will be up for grabs to you guys or whoever else is in need.

If I can't get tickets, sell me a couple.

Also, I think I recognize your name from the Vera Project emailings, am I correct?

Correct. I moderate the Vera Project list.
Go to Top of Page

Jo_Vancouver
- FB Fan -

37 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  22:11:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PIXIES 04/22/2004
8:00PM COMMODORE BALLROOM
VANCOUVER, BC On Sale 2/21/04
9:30AM PT
More Info

PIXIES 04/23/2004
8:00PM COMMODORE BALLROOM
VANCOUVER, BC On Sale 2/21/04
9:30AM PT
More Info

---------------------------------

This is probably great news to all, but if you look at the "More Info" part, it clearly states that both shows are 19+...which means I probably won't be able to get in. Commodore is so strict with ID's, it's ridiculous. I can't believe this...I have the opportunity to see the pixies, and I can't, due to some restriction.
Go to Top of Page

pixie801
- FB Fan -

52 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  08:25:45  Show Profile  Click to see pixie801's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Why don't you go to the Victoria show?
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  11:30:10  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, Vic is all ages.

Join the Cult of the Flying Pigxies - I'm A Believer!
Go to Top of Page

One_Angry_Dwarf
- FB Fan -

57 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  11:45:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just making sure everybody knows, but there is a maximum of 8 tickets for the Vancouver shows. There is a
Ticketmaster very close to me, so I'm going down there. I don't really trust the site too much, too many people seem to get bitten by it.
Go to Top of Page

Jo_Vancouver
- FB Fan -

37 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  12:06:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I go to UBC, and we have final exams during that week. I have an exam on the day of the Victoria show from 5:30-8:30, so there's no way I can make it to the Victoria show. I just checked the ferry schedule, and even if I can get that one changed, I still have to deal with the 8:30 exam the following day, and the last ferry from Victoria to Vancouver is 9pm, so I would have to stay the night, and catch a 7 o'clock morning ferry on the next day, and there's no way I can make it for my 8:30am exam.

I guess I'll just try to sneak in for the Commodore.

Edited by - Jo_Vancouver on 02/20/2004 12:10:12
Go to Top of Page

kromkamp
= Cult of Ray =

291 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  12:52:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll be looking for tickets to either show (plus Victoria) just in case anyone gets extras. On my end, there will be 3 of us trying for 4 tickets each.
Go to Top of Page

kromkamp
= Cult of Ray =

291 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  12:54:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PS: I think its a limit of 4 for the Vancouver shows (thats what TM says). I hope its not 8, that could be as few as ~110 customers...
Go to Top of Page

One_Angry_Dwarf
- FB Fan -

57 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  13:22:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like you are correct. When I checked a few days ago, the limit was 8. This new one makes me feel much better. I'm buying the max as well.
Go to Top of Page

kottke
- FB Fan -

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  17:54:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HOLY CATS! I am nervous. must...get...tickets...so tired, yet can't sleep. agl agl agl

"He bought me a soda"
Go to Top of Page

echo park
- FB Fan -

Saint Barthelemy
128 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  18:32:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to go On Record as wanting to see these shows, should I fail to get tickys over the 'phone... anyone...
Go to Top of Page

gone_phishin2001
- FB Fan -

Canada
17 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  20:12:28  Show Profile  Visit gone_phishin2001's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey,

I just wanted to wish everyone good luck tomorrow. I would offer the idea of having a gathering at the Railyway Club (corner of Dunsmuir and Seymour above 7-11) before the shows. It's 4-5 blocks away from the Commodore. If not the Railyway Club, maybe the Cambie Pub?

Jason

www.laner.ca
"Between Thought and Expression Lies a Lifetime"
- Lou Reed
Go to Top of Page

kottke
- FB Fan -

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  20:20:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, you are on record, echo park. If I get extras (I am trying to buy as many as possible), I will share with others by the order that they posted on this topic asking for tickets and agreeing to participate in the plan.

That is the #1 reason I created this topic: so that people could better their chances of getting tickets by joining in the plan to buy as many Vancouver tickets as possible, then share extras at cost with anyone who posted here.

Truly, the show will sell out, so any extra tickets you buy will not be wasted. There will be a ton of people looking to buy tickets at the venue and all over this board. This plan is all about kindness and looking out for each other. Kumbaya, my friends. Kumbaya.

"He bought me a soda"
Go to Top of Page

Jo_Vancouver
- FB Fan -

37 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  20:52:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will be purchasing tickets tomorrow, but if I am not able to get into the Commodore on the night of the show (due to my age), I will sell it at the face value to anyone at the venue, needing a ticket.

Edited by - Jo_Vancouver on 02/20/2004 20:53:02
Go to Top of Page

DeBased
- FB Fan -

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  22:52:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Best of luck to everyone tomorrow morning!

the method...of stop tap spin, no talkin'...
Go to Top of Page

raygun
- FB Fan -

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  23:41:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm frightened. I'll be ready to go at 9:30 am on the internet and phone, but how fast is this going to sell out??? sheesh! I GOTTA HAVE 2 TICKETS!

"where have you been?"
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  00:13:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, I'd like to be on the list for Friday. A friend and I are both trying for it, which means best case we might have 5 tickets to throw in the pool.
Go to Top of Page

beergeek
- FB Fan -

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  09:08:02  Show Profile  Visit beergeek's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm trying to get tickets for both days -- and hopefully will have extras! Good luck everyone!
Go to Top of Page

raygun
- FB Fan -

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  09:09:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll try for 4, I only need 2. How's everyone handling passing on the extras transaction wise? Being a long time lurker, but new member I just wonder how you all handle such a thing. Good Luck to everyone trying for tickets! I hope it lasts longer than 3 minutes!

"where have you been?"
Go to Top of Page

pixie801
- FB Fan -

52 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  09:23:52  Show Profile  Click to see pixie801's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
eeek! I'm so nervous!

I was going to try to get extras, but anyone else freaked out by this:

"Please adhere to published ticket limits. Multiple orders exceeding the limit, ordered on the same credit card or different credit cards belonging to the same person or at the same address, may be cancelled without notice."
Go to Top of Page

kottke
- FB Fan -

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  09:28:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As long as you stay within the limit total within all of your combined total orders you are fine.

"He bought me a soda"

Edited by - kottke on 02/21/2004 09:30:00
Go to Top of Page

Jo_Vancouver
- FB Fan -

37 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  09:38:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Access to our ticketing system is currently limited.
Please try again at a later time.

wtf?
Go to Top of Page

kromkamp
= Cult of Ray =

291 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  09:40:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got 4 for thursday, now it says neither show is on sale yet? weird...
Go to Top of Page

solace
= Cult of Ray =

USA
278 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  09:44:56  Show Profile  Visit solace's Homepage  Reply with Quote
they're back up, scared me at first. scored 2 for a friend for the 2nd night, good to go.

Go to Top of Page

DeBased
- FB Fan -

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  09:47:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh...my...god. That was insane!

Go to Top of Page

pixie801
- FB Fan -

52 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  09:47:17  Show Profile  Click to see pixie801's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
NO!!!!!!!

i totally got locked out!! Oh my god. I'm so upset!

I was trying for 3 tickets at least. anyone anyone?!?

Please! I'm crossing my fingers here... (hard to type while doing that..)

Go to Top of Page

Jo_Vancouver
- FB Fan -

37 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  09:47:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my god. That error message was on there for like 5 minutes, and by the time I got into it, I guess it's sold out.

Does ANYONE have *2* extra tickets to the show for Friday? I will be grateful forever.

Tickets are officially sold out now. I tried via internet and by phone.
Go to Top of Page

beergeek
- FB Fan -

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  09:48:35  Show Profile  Visit beergeek's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Access to the Ticketing System error means you've hit refresh too often.

I got tickets to both nights! Alright!

Come on Victoria!
Go to Top of Page

DeBased
- FB Fan -

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  09:50:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Couldn't get through for Fri tickets, got my backup tickets for Thurs though. So glad opened two browser windows. How did y'all do?

Go to Top of Page

johnny_4_president
- FB Fan -

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  09:53:25  Show Profile  Visit johnny_4_president's Homepage  Reply with Quote
anybody, i'm looking for 2 tickets, for both nights,
still trying the web, but looks grim,
will do what it takes, i quit my job so i could go on pixies tour,
morningwood@hotmail.com
thanks in advance, y'all rule, peace.

-> Disponibile <-
Go to Top of Page

Jo_Vancouver
- FB Fan -

37 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  09:53:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So NO ONE was able to get extra tickets?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000