Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 29

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  11:54:29  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Detracting scalpers = good. Keeping me from obtaining tickets for those who I plan on bringing with me (appx. 15!) = Bad. We'll have people working the phones and internet down here (South Dakota). Hopefully our combined efforts can get everbody to the show safely.

"And her head has no room."
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  12:13:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I plan to buy 4 but will probably only need 2, so ... I might be able to contribute and P.S. please add me to the list :)
Go to Top of Page

chrischob
- FB Fan -

Canada
110 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  12:34:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I might end up with extra tickets since I have 3 people working on getting tickets. Any extras I'll sell here at face value.

Chris Choboter
Go to Top of Page

havinganyfun
- FB Fan -

Canada
25 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  12:49:58  Show Profile  Click to see havinganyfun's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i think boardmembers should try and buy the max, so scalpers get less!!!!

give them blood and they'll love you for it
Go to Top of Page

ziggy_stardust
- FB Fan -

10 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  12:56:52  Show Profile  Click to see ziggy_stardust's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i was just planning on picking up the max... though i probably only need 2 so i may be able to contribute for face value
Go to Top of Page

winnipegwantsfrank
- FB Fan -

83 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  15:05:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think you'll have to worry about having too many tickets, taxman.
I wonder if there's any chance of a 2nd show being added to Winnipeg if the demand for tickets is huge? Just as long as the Burt is available...
Go to Top of Page

mattb
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
474 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  16:30:28  Show Profile  Visit mattb's Homepage  Click to see mattb's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Here's an updated list. It's easier just moving it down and adding instead of adding to the other one:

Gratefuljason3 (need 1)
EdBudd
Prozacrat (need 15)
mattb (need 2)
RussT (need 2)
The Calistanian (need 2)
The Champ
Taxman75 Northern Minnesota (needs 3, trying for 6)
winnipegwantsfrank (need 3)
jackanapes
havinganyfun
solace (need 2)
deaddack (need 2)
jvince (need 2)
Manny
roomloo (need 2)
ziggystardust (need 2)
chrischob
indarkjoy (need 2)
beergeek
liffey (need 2)
porkbone1 (need 2)
selfescape (need 2)
deathorglory
timid pimp
faye in dc (need 2)
brysonmeunier (need 2)

Edited by - mattb on 02/17/2004 05:04:42
Go to Top of Page

mattb
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
474 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  16:32:30  Show Profile  Visit mattb's Homepage  Click to see mattb's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If the tickets do go on sale on Saturday that would kind of suck. I had people lined up to hit ticketmaster with me but it's going to be hard to convince them to wake up early Saturday to do it now. Me and my girlfriend will be trying for sure so if the limit is 4 per person we could potentially get 8.
Go to Top of Page

RussT
- FB Fan -

30 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  16:39:42  Show Profile  Click to see RussT's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hotels here are cheap. And the Burton Cummings (which should still be called the Walker Theatre, in my humble opinion) is right downtown, so there are a lot to choose from. The Ramada Marlborough is almost directly across the street. There's a Radisson and a Fairmont close too, and even cheaper hotels a few blocks west of the theatre. I can get info for anyone who needs a name or recommendation.

RT
Go to Top of Page

kromkamp
= Cult of Ray =

291 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  16:43:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know if the seats tend to be assigned seating, or GA? If they are assigned seating trying to get 4 of them is likely to get you seats further back...
Go to Top of Page

mattb
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
474 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  16:49:36  Show Profile  Visit mattb's Homepage  Click to see mattb's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
[quote

What about Lodging? Any twenty bedroom farmhouses in the area, owned by a member? Or a particular hotel to check in to? Too bad this is a seated concert, we could pitch a pavillion outside the venue to gather our lineup.

[/quote]

That's a great point taxman. Those of us who are coming from out of town should organize and get a group rate for a hotel for the night. Ticketmaster lists that there are two hotels within walking distance called Marlborough Hotel and Delta Hotel. According to Canadian hotel guide the rate for 2 people is $90 Canadian ($69 U.S.) per night for Marlborough and starting at $140 Canadian for Delta. Once everyone gets their tickets and now they're going for sure we should call up the Marlborough and see what kind of discount we could get for all of us.
Go to Top of Page

mattb
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
474 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  16:52:06  Show Profile  Visit mattb's Homepage  Click to see mattb's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kromkamp

Does anyone know if the seats tend to be assigned seating, or GA? If they are assigned seating trying to get 4 of them is likely to get you seats further back...

What it looked like form other concerts I checked on ticket master it appears to be assigned seats
Go to Top of Page

indarkjoy
- FB Fan -

1 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  17:06:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi I'm new here, after looking all over the net for a place to buy tickets to the Winnipeg show i finally thought to look here for info. I'll only need 2 tickets, but since this is such an awsome event and people are buying the max., I'm afraid tickets will sell out Very fast. I was wondering if I could buy from someone with extra? (if needed and available of course) I also have a paypal account if that helps)
Go to Top of Page

beergeek
- FB Fan -

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  17:12:10  Show Profile  Visit beergeek's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm going to try to get tickets -- though I'm still not sure if I will be able to make it all the way from here in San Francisco. If I can't make it I will be more than happy to share the tickets (if I get them) with someone here.
Go to Top of Page

SkeletonMan
- FB Fan -

9 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  18:52:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey all, I'll be trying for a couple tix, driving from Minneapolis, and have paypal. So, I'm gonna try to get my own tix, but its great that people are loking out for each other :)
Go to Top of Page

chrischob
- FB Fan -

Canada
110 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  19:32:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its assigned seating and there really isnt a bad seat in the house. I think there's 1000 main floor seats then 500 in each of the 2 balconies.

The best place to videotape shows there is the first row in the first balcony.

Chris Choboter
Go to Top of Page

liffey
- FB Fan -

36 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  21:21:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please add me to whatever lists are out there, as I need two tickets. I've actually been reading this thread this whole time, but have only now decided to post. Just as others have been doing, I will order the maximum number of tickets possible and give the remaining two to people that are on the list in this thread. Good luck to you all!
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  21:34:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, two fellow Minneapolis people on here. Kickass.

Sort of related, I've rattled around the idea of driving up Friday night to line up at the box office (or a Ticketmaster counter) early Saturday morning. While I'd be willing to do this if it greatly enhanced my chances, I'm wondering if anyone has an opinion on that. As I thought of it more, I came to the conclusion that it could go either way ... if I'm first in line, great, I probably have an advantage over most Internet / phone people, but if I'm like tenth in line, I might be SOL (but at least I'll have backups looking for tickets over the phone / Internet).

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone with experience buying tickets in person the minute they go on sale (especially those who have done it in Winnipeg) have an opinion for me and everyone else.
Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1461 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2004 :  07:06:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by roomloo

Hey, two fellow Minneapolis people on here. Kickass.

Sort of related, I've rattled around the idea of driving up Friday night to line up at the box office (or a Ticketmaster counter) early Saturday morning. While I'd be willing to do this if it greatly enhanced my chances, I'm wondering if anyone has an opinion on that. As I thought of it more, I came to the conclusion that it could go either way ... if I'm first in line, great, I probably have an advantage over most Internet / phone people, but if I'm like tenth in line, I might be SOL (but at least I'll have backups looking for tickets over the phone / Internet).

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone with experience buying tickets in person the minute they go on sale (especially those who have done it in Winnipeg) have an opinion for me and everyone else.

imo i wouldn't bother standing in line. i would try on the internet and call in at the same time. it would be great if they added another date if it sells out pretty fast. sounds like a fair amount of people are coming from out of town and there are a lot of fb/pixies fans in winnipeg.

cool to see you're coming in from minneapolis to check out the show. in 96 about 10 of us from winnipeg drove down to minneapolis to see the cult of ray tour at first avenue. great venue. we had a blast and the show kicked ass. didn't see the last 2 songs of the set though. my buddy was jumping up and down, not bothering anyone, so a bouncer, probably pumped up on roids, told him to relax. my buddy said fuck you, and then started to receive a fury of punches from the bouncer. next thing about 5 bouncers were on my buddy and he ended up getting handcuffed outside. i think the cops wanted to see if he wanted to press charges against the club but we had no interest as we just wanted to go and party. i think he was more upset about missing the last 2 songs than getting slightly cut up. good times.

"I joined the Cult of Frank/ and I got a free t-shirt with this dude on it."
Go to Top of Page

porkbone1
= Cult of Ray =

USA
390 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2004 :  09:19:41  Show Profile  Visit porkbone1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well I have been lurking in these forums for a very long time but I thought I would come out and post for once. I live in Hudson, Wisconsin with my wife and fellow Pixies fan since 1987. We will be making the pilgrimage to Winnipeg (our first trip over the border since we moved to the midwest from Seattle!) and will also try and buy the maximum number of tickets. Any extras we will gladly sell at face value to loyal Pixies fans. Personally, I would rather see these shows packed with the biggest fans, not just the people who had the most money to buy the tickets on ebay.

Chris
Go to Top of Page

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2004 :  12:55:32  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think if everybody attempts to buy the maximum number of tickets (4) and we're able to get a surplus (which, if we work hard enough, we can) then we should all get tickets. Right? If we have extras that we can't sell to each other in this forum, then I'm sure we can get rid of them on eBay. Personally, if I had tickets left over here and everybody on this forum had one, I'd sell them on eBay UNDER the face value. Probably only by a buck or two, but it'd still be cheaper than buying them normally. And it would REALLY piss off scalpers. I'd lose a few bucks, but it's better than other fans out there losing a lot more paying up the ass for tickets.

"And her head has no room."
Go to Top of Page

SelfEscape
- FB Fan -

83 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2004 :  13:49:54  Show Profile  Visit SelfEscape's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Im driving from Eau Claire, Wisconsin, about 80 miles from minneapolis, two tickets,
add me to the list :) Ill try and get them myself but still no idea where/when you can buy them. :(
Go to Top of Page

winnipegwantsfrank
- FB Fan -

83 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2004 :  19:45:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice idea for a lottery, taxman!
Maybe it would be a good idea to stand in line at the box office - it sounds like everyone else will be at home on their computers
Go to Top of Page

deathorglory
- FB Fan -

10 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2004 :  22:56:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'm gonna get 4 tickets...not sure how many i'll need right now, but any extas i'll post on here...also i'll be driving from Toronto and might have an extra seat
Go to Top of Page

The Calistanian
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1342 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  06:36:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I need two. I tip well!!

P.S. Thanks for putting me on the list "mattb"!
Go to Top of Page

EdBudd
- FB Fan -

63 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  07:35:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have three people including myself trying to get 4 tickets each. If we all get the tickets, then, 12-3= 9 extra tickets...ah ah ah!
Go to Top of Page

Timid Pimp
- FB Fan -

4 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  07:50:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me and three buddies, all from the ND/MN area, will all be trying our damnedest to buy tickets for the four of us online. Any extras will gladly be allocated to the Scalper Detracting Cause.

Being from North Dakota, I'd like to echo the sentiment of our climate-challenged Canadian brethren on the subject of the Pixies' first show in 11 years being in Winnepeg: the most joyous WTF ever.
Go to Top of Page

johnny_4_president
- FB Fan -

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  08:16:47  Show Profile  Visit johnny_4_president's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i'm writing from maryland, usa, where i live. planning on flying to somewhere in the dakotas (grand forks?) and renting a car, driving across the border with my buddy.

anybody have advice on a cheap flight destination, not too far away we'd drive a day no problem.

we're going to try to catch the full tour, except for coachella. i'm going to take pictures, and write a travelogue book about it.

i'm pretty sure i'll be travelling from further away than anyone else here, anybody wanna try to match 1554.98 miles (mapquest, from my door to burton cummings)?

will be up at the break of dawn, working the internet to get tickets, but just in case, thought i'd speak up, can i get added to the list of desperate fans y'all are working on? i'd be happy to contribute whatever i can, and pass on cool pictures and stories i'll be collecting.

hope everybody's having a safe and pleasant day.
- johnny

-> Disponibile <-
Go to Top of Page

The Calistanian
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1342 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  08:47:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anybody else happen to be going from Thief River Falls, Roseau, Warroad, Grand Forks, or surrounding area?
Go to Top of Page

brysonmeunier
- FB Fan -

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  09:09:25  Show Profile  Visit brysonmeunier's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mattb

Here's an updated list. It's easier just moving it down and adding instead of adding to the other one

Your list gives me hope that I might be able to drive 13+ hours from Chicago with my friend (who's coming in from DC) to see the greatest band in the history of great bands play for some very deserving fans. What kind of shock radio/Fear Factor-esque stunt would you have me perform in order to be added to it?

Thanks be to you, oh mighty listkeeper. Let's hope we're able to pat each other on the backs come April 14.

Bryson (need 2)

Bryson
Founder/Proprietor/Vitiator
- the HEY cafe -
http://www.arnoldjacksontheband.com/pixies.htm
Go to Top of Page

mattb
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
474 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  13:06:16  Show Profile  Visit mattb's Homepage  Click to see mattb's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ok everyone, mark the date and time down. I just got off the phone with the Burton Cummings Theatre and she said that tickets will go on sale this Saturday February 21st at 10:00 am Manitoba (Central) time. So that's 11:00 am Eastern.

Wow, our list has grown pretty big now. Guys, I'm not trying to make judgements but if you asked to be put on the list please try for the maximum tickets yourselves as well. I know most of you are probably thinking you didn't even have to mention that but judging my some people's posts it seems that they might think that this is just an easy way of getting tickets instead of a communal attempt to allow everyone to go.

In terms of how to dole the tickets out I don't know if I agree with going by when you joined the board. I'm higher up than you probably taxman so it would probably do better for me but I don't think a person should be placed in succession based on membership in the community. I've been reading this board for over a year and just registered a few months ago because of the reunion. Reason I didn't post before is I'm not much of a fan of Frank Black, but at the same time I'm a huge fan of the pixies. I don't know, I guess we should take a vote or something. I totally agree though that if you do get picked for a ticket it should be exactly that "a" ticket. It would suck if I couldn't get tickets for both me and my girlfriend but it's only fair that people who are here should get a chance first and whoever they want to bring along comes second. It's not like anyone would be alone anyway, all of us would probably meet up there anyway.
Go to Top of Page

solace
= Cult of Ray =

USA
278 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  13:11:15  Show Profile  Visit solace's Homepage  Reply with Quote
is anyone interested in doing Saskatoon & Regina as well? i'll be coming from Minneapolis to the Winnipeg show (450 miles). Saksatoon is 350 from Winnipeg, and Saskatoon is another 100 or so. the drive back will be a bit long, but i'm def interested in doing all 3 (as long as i get tickets for the other 2, i'm focusing my efforts mainly on Winnipeg for now). i'd be interested in meeting up (or if anyone else wants to ride from Mpls w/ me) with 2-3 other people to share gas/lodging costs.

email me at kyle_matteson@yahoo.com if you have interest, and where you'd be coming from

Edited by - solace on 02/16/2004 13:12:16
Go to Top of Page

The Calistanian
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1342 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  13:42:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info "mattb"!
Your last idea sounds the best for dividing the tickets.
Go to Top of Page

The Calistanian
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1342 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  13:44:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Come on guys! Let's get the tickets and get them to people who will savor the experience!
Go to Top of Page

EdBudd
- FB Fan -

63 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  13:47:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you "higher up" around here, great! Good ideas on dividing tickets. Not a Frank Black fan? You gotta be kidding? Winnipeg is going to kick ass! Cant wait to see you all there
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 29 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000