Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 29

Gratefuljason3
- FB Fan -

60 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  09:16:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've gotten tired of looking around the various threads for information on this particular show. In efforts to streamline the process, post any new info, stories of incessently harassing the girl at Walker's box-office or ride/flight/meet-up information. Cheers mates. See you in Canada.

EdBudd
- FB Fan -

63 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  09:23:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gratefuljason3

I've gotten tired of looking around the various threads for information on this particular show. In efforts to streamline the process, post any new info, stories of incessently harassing the girl at Walker's box-office or ride/flight/meet-up information. Cheers mates. See you in Canada.

you read my mind. I think the girl at the box office is gone asylum tonight.
Go to Top of Page

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  10:15:47  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I feel very sorry for that girl. She can make or break eternal happiness for a lot of us out here. I think we're all going to have to be very nice to her, and probably owe her lots of favors, if you know what I mean. Nudge nudge, wink wink.
If there's anybody in the Winnipeg area who plans on purchasing tickets by hand as soon as they go on sale, let me know. If there is a 100% sure-fire way of getting tickets by being there in person, I will drive six hours to make sure I get them. If I can save myself that trip due to some kind and generous Winnipeg native, that would make me most happy!

"And her head has no room."
Go to Top of Page

mattb
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
474 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  10:30:21  Show Profile  Visit mattb's Homepage  Click to see mattb's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by prozacrat

I feel very sorry for that girl. She can make or break eternal happiness for a lot of us out here. I think we're all going to have to be very nice to her, and probably owe her lots of favors, if you know what I mean. Nudge nudge, wink wink.
If there's anybody in the Winnipeg area who plans on purchasing tickets by hand as soon as they go on sale, let me know. If there is a 100% sure-fire way of getting tickets by being there in person, I will drive six hours to make sure I get them. If I can save myself that trip due to some kind and generous Winnipeg native, that would make me most happy!

Judging by what everyone has been saying I think we've all been calling her which is kind of pointless and pissing her off. Maybe we could organize something where one designated person calls once a day to find out if she has anymore info. Preferably someone in Winnipeg so we don't have to pay long distance. We could put a sticky at the top of the board saying not call her and the person who calls just updating the status everyday. What do you guys think?
Go to Top of Page

RussT
- FB Fan -

30 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  10:40:55  Show Profile  Click to see RussT's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm in Winnipeg, and I couldn't be more ecstatic that the tour's starting here. No word on tix yet, and I'm communicating with the music guy at our local paper, so I should have good info when it's about to be announced.

R.
quote]Originally posted by mattb

quote:
Originally posted by prozacrat

Judging by what everyone has been saying I think we've all been calling her which is kind of pointless and pissing her off. Maybe we could organize something where one designated person calls once a day to find out if she has anymore info. Preferably someone in Winnipeg so we don't have to pay long distance. We could put a sticky at the top of the board saying not call her and the person who calls just updating the status everyday. What do you guys think?
[/quote]
Go to Top of Page

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  11:00:26  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sounds like good calls all around. I live in the southern South Dakota area, but if there's ANYTHING I can do to help, let me know!

Go to Top of Page

The Calistanian
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1342 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  11:30:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm in northern Minnesota, I'm watching this topic for my updates...

I'm too old to miss this tour.
Go to Top of Page

EdBudd
- FB Fan -

63 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  12:25:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have talked to people at Burton Cummings and Ticketmaster Canada both say that they may have tickets in the near future. Does anyone know if ticketmaster is for sure selling these given the whole TicketWest situation?
Go to Top of Page

The Calistanian
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1342 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  12:57:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Burton Cummings lady told me Ticketmaster.
Go to Top of Page

The Calistanian
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1342 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  12:59:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We should do a Burton Cummings tribute album just for having The Pixies at his namesake theatre.
Go to Top of Page

EdBudd
- FB Fan -

63 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  13:03:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Calistanian

We should do a Burton Cummings tribute album just for having The Pixies at his namesake theatre.

Who is Burton Cummings...I can only Guess.
Go to Top of Page

Gratefuljason3
- FB Fan -

60 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  13:08:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EdBudd

...or you could Guess Who?
Go to Top of Page

The Calistanian
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1342 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  13:08:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EdBudd

quote:
Originally posted by The Calistanian

good one
Go to Top of Page

EdBudd
- FB Fan -

63 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  06:38:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are we there yet?
Go to Top of Page

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  07:00:29  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Soon. Very, very soon.

Go to Top of Page

EdBudd
- FB Fan -

63 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  07:14:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But I have to go potty.
Go to Top of Page

The Champ
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
736 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  14:57:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I better get some tickets, im looking forward to driving for 20 hours or so to see this funking band
Go to Top of Page

winnipegwantsfrank
- FB Fan -

83 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  15:57:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know when tickets go on sale
Go to Top of Page

EdBudd
- FB Fan -

63 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  16:09:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hear that
Go to Top of Page

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  17:05:28  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by winnipegwantsfrank

I know when tickets go on sale

Do tell. It takes me a little over six hours to get there and if I have to be waiting outside a window to buy them, then that's what I've gotta do.

Go to Top of Page

jackanapes
- FB Fan -

237 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  18:25:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm in Winnipeg. I remember when FB was here last year. He said we were a fantastic crowd. I guess he really meant it.
If anyone needs a place to crash then mail me at krbond@mb.sympatico.ca
Go to Top of Page

Gratefuljason3
- FB Fan -

60 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  18:51:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Assuming one of us Does get multiple tickets, what will be the method of doling them out to the other members of this list?

I intend to buy the maximum amount allowed to one credit card, perhaps 4, and seeing as I only need one for myself, I'm reserving the rest of members of the board who were unable to get one. I'll sell 'em at face.

Go to Top of Page

mattb
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
474 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  20:06:32  Show Profile  Visit mattb's Homepage  Click to see mattb's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by taxman75

Assuming one of us Does get multiple tickets, what will be the method of doling them out to the other members of this list?

There's a chance that one of us is just a scalper, obviously. Perhaps we need to meet a day in advance at a cafe adjacent to The Cumming Theatre, where you will be given a ticket when it's clear that you've traveled to get there and watch the show.

We could also send pictures of the intended ticket purchaser, so that only photo ID will get you the ticket at that cafe (rather than an impersonator with a quick tongue).

Also, this allows us to see WHO is supposed to have that ticket. We could post at the Ticketmaster/Ebay forums that any person who shows up at this concert that wasn't approved by an FB-Moderator will be summarily torn to pieces, and will never get out of that theatre alive.

The Sex And Death And Human Sacrifice Tour

I'm all up for giving tickets in person and I'm planning to get the maximum as well. I checked other shows they have and for one show I checked they allowed a max of 8 so that's what I'll be going for if it's the same for the pixies. Like I said before I'll sell all my extras to board members for what I paid for them. I just need two for me and my girlfriend. I wouldn't be able to meet anyone the day before the show though because I'll be flying in from Toronto the same day and probably arriving sometime midday, so maybe let's say an hour or so before the show I could provide the tickets. BTW here's a link to what I look like from my shitty website http://www.geocities.com/kittridge1/

Listen to me, I'm talking like I already have tickets. Well, wishful thinking never hurts.
Go to Top of Page

winnipegwantsfrank
- FB Fan -

83 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  21:38:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I called Ticketmaster today and was told that they would go on sale on Feb 30. After explaining to the lady that February does not have 30 days, she checked again and said next Saturday.
P.S. Anybody willing to help me get some tickets if I can't get through?
Go to Top of Page

havinganyfun
- FB Fan -

Canada
25 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  22:18:45  Show Profile  Click to see havinganyfun's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i am willing to buy the maximum amount of tickets provided i get through. i have a three-pronged attack planned. the first part being that in the past i have had success buying winnipeg show tickets at the ticketmaster in brandon where i live. i know sometimes there is a stagger, but if not, i will have great tickets there. simultaneously, i will have my friend working the internet (multiple browsers with one click ordering), and the phones. if i get a lot of tickets they will go at face value to whomever contacts me wanting them after i attain them. if i don't get tickets i sincerely hope someone here will help me out even though i am a new member to the forum.

give them blood and they'll love you for it
Go to Top of Page

solace
= Cult of Ray =

USA
278 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  06:28:46  Show Profile  Visit solace's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i'll be buying tickets for this next Sat as well, and driving from Minneapolis. i've only got myself and a friend coming for sure, but i'm probably going to try for 4 tickets, in case other friends decide to come, otherwise i'll offer up any extras here.

would it be possible for us to start a list for this show, of who is buying what, and throw our name in for in case some of us get shut out and need extras. that way we could just go on down the line and hook up as many people who need tickets as possible (hopefully not myself included).

Go to Top of Page

deaddack
- FB Fan -

Canada
13 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  07:39:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'm in for helping boardmembers get tickets if i get extra's, i only need two also.

here is a list from this winnipeg forum that said they would help boardmembers if they get extras

-gratefuljason3
-mattb
-winnipegwantsfrank
-havinganyfun
-solace
-deaddack

sorry if i missed anyone
Go to Top of Page

jvince
- FB Fan -

Canada
88 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  07:45:37  Show Profile  Click to see jvince's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey, I'm going to be getting plenty of extra tickets for my friends so if I have any additional tickets I will gladly relay to members of this forum for face value. On the otherhand, if I am unable to purchase any tickets, I would greatly appreciate anyone on this forum who would be able to help me out. I live in Winnipeg and have pretty good plans to acquire some tickets.
Go to Top of Page

mattb
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
474 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  07:55:21  Show Profile  Visit mattb's Homepage  Click to see mattb's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Here's the list of people in this thread who I assume are all planning to go (I think I got everyone). Beside the name I'll put the number of tickets they require and once they do go on sale how many tickets extra any of us have. One question though, how are we going to decide who gets any extras if there aren't enough to go around? I'm thinking that maybe we can get a mod/admin from the board to randomly pick people. To not clog up the thread with requests for tickets how about emailing me and I'll update the list?

Gratefuljason3 (need 1)
EdBudd
Prozacrat (need 15)
mattb (need 2)
RussT (need 2)
The Calistanian
The Champ
Taxman75
winnipegwantsfrank (need 3)
jackanapes
havinganyfun
solace (need 2)
deaddack (need 2)
jvince (need 2)
Manny
roomloo (need 2)
ziggystardust (need 2)

Edited by - mattb on 02/14/2004 16:26:19
Go to Top of Page

mattb
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
474 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  07:59:57  Show Profile  Visit mattb's Homepage  Click to see mattb's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by deaddack

i'm in for helping boardmembers get tickets if i get extra's, i only need two also.

here is a list from this winnipeg forum that said they would help boardmembers if they get extras

-gratefuljason3
-mattb
-winnipegwantsfrank
-havinganyfun
-solace
-deaddack

sorry if i missed anyone

lol, crap I made a list too while you posted. I gues I took too much time checking it, do you want to just use mine or would you be able to update your instead?
Go to Top of Page

jvince
- FB Fan -

Canada
88 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  08:16:08  Show Profile  Click to see jvince's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Your list is cool. I'll probably be looking for two tickets if I don't get any. If I do get tickets, I'm looking to buy eight. Might have one of two extras. I'll post my e-mail address later in case I have extras. I agree allocation should be on a random basis from a systems administrator, but from the sounds of it, this forum might collect enough tickets to cover everyone.
Go to Top of Page

deaddack
- FB Fan -

Canada
13 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  08:27:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah matt your list is much more official lol we'll stick with yours.
Go to Top of Page

Manny
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
252 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  08:31:25  Show Profile  Click to see Manny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by havinganyfun

i am willing to buy the maximum amount of tickets provided i get through. i have a three-pronged attack planned. the first part being that in the past i have had success buying winnipeg show tickets at the ticketmaster in brandon where i live. i know sometimes there is a stagger, but if not, i will have great tickets there. simultaneously, i will have my friend working the internet (multiple browsers with one click ordering), and the phones. if i get a lot of tickets they will go at face value to whomever contacts me wanting them after i attain them. if i don't get tickets i sincerely hope someone here will help me out even though i am a new member to the forum.

You must be Chris' brother? Just a guess.

Sounds like a really good plan for obtaining tickets. I'm going to try to get to that Winnipeg show too.. if you guys end up with extra tickets and I don't manage to get one, I'll definitely buy one off you.

Go to Top of Page

RussT
- FB Fan -

30 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  08:48:42  Show Profile  Click to see RussT's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I only ultimately require two tickets, but will try to get the max, which I assume is four.

Any extras I have will be for you folks. If I should for some reason be unable to get any, I'd appreciate it if someone here could extend me the same courtesy.

FYI, the Winnipeg Free Press today indicated that tickets will go on sale next Saturday, February 21, through Ticketmaster (www.ticketmaster.ca).

Cheers.
Go to Top of Page

havinganyfun
- FB Fan -

Canada
25 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  09:48:08  Show Profile  Click to see havinganyfun's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i am chris' brother. if i get tickets, you are more than welcome to come with my friend and i to the show. if i get through i wil lmost certainly hold a ticket for you.

Go to Top of Page

winnipegwantsfrank
- FB Fan -

83 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  11:25:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, the max. number of tickets per person is only 4. I think most people were expecting 8, so I don't know how many people are going to have extra tickets. I need 3, but I plan on having at least two people working the phone/net
Maybe the limit was set to 4 in order to detract scalpers
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 29 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000