Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

JamesM
= Cult of Ray =

308 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2004 :  20:38:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hola. The new album is great - WAY great.

Fumanbru - you downloaded most of the new tracks off of me on Soulseek.

-Jimmy M.
Go to Top of Page

jimmy
= Cult of Ray =

USA
876 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2004 :  23:44:47  Show Profile  Visit jimmy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If I remember right, a release date was set for some time in the beginning of April. So why is there nothing about it on Spinart? I'm really excited about this album, almost as much as the DVD (Just because I've been waiting for the DVD for years and thought it would've been out by now).

I said, "You have no hard-on till that aching fills your chest"/ Good-bye Lorraine
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6116 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2004 :  01:27:53  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think the release is pushed further to combine with the tour

"I joined the Cult of Frank/Nobody wanted to join my Culf"
Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1462 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2004 :  17:51:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JamesM

Hola. The new album is great - WAY great.

Fumanbru - you downloaded most of the new tracks off of me on Soulseek.

-Jimmy M.

thanks jimmy! of course, i'll be purchasing the real thing once it's out.

"I joined the Cult of Frank/ and I got a free t-shirt with this dude on it."
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2004 :  06:47:09  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think there's a difference between a remix and a completely new recording. Remixes tend to use most/all of the original recording with different levels on certain instruments and sometimes new ones added (like pounding beats). These are completely new.

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

Chip Away Boy
= Cult of Ray =

914 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2004 :  17:12:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'm using soul seek, how come all the songs are grey and i can't download them?
Go to Top of Page

hilljack
- FB Fan -

33 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2004 :  19:43:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it's in the soulseek FAQ. If songs are grey it just means you have to wait in line to download them, and if you click on them they will automatically start downloading when it's your turn. Sometimes it takes a while. If you notice, there is a column in the search and transfer windows devoted to place in line. That'll tell you approximately how many people are ahead of you. Also if you donate $5(I think) to soulseek then your userid obtains a special status which will put you ahead of those who do not donate.
Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2004 :  07:26:35  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chip Away Boy

i'm using soul seek, how come all the songs are grey and i can't download them?

try sending a message to the user that has them.if he puts you in his user list you an sjip the cue

join the cult of errol\and you can have a beer\without having to quit smoking
Go to Top of Page

Chip Away Boy
= Cult of Ray =

914 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2004 :  10:27:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i got them, and after the first listen i have to say......i really really don't like it.

Nimrods Son (a normally very rockin song) sounds like Polka.

This will be the first frank black disc that i won't buy
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2004 :  11:22:11  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I suppose I'm not certain, but I'd have to say I was completely fooled if they were remixed vocals... though it wouldn't be the first time.

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

SelfEscape
- FB Fan -

83 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2004 :  13:27:54  Show Profile  Visit SelfEscape's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well in my opinion this is amazing stuff though i don't know how well it will hold up to repeated listens. This version of Levitate Me is perhaps one of the strangest things ive ever heard, bizzarre bell type sounds but I really like it. Trying to find some more two pale boys, this live concert that i got from that two pale boys page is interesting though poor quality. It's a interesting project though I'll have to reserve judgement until I've listened to it a few more times, it definetly puts the pixies songs in a different place.

/needs to listen to more pere ubu too
Go to Top of Page

Itchload
= Cult of Ray =

USA
891 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2004 :  15:05:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All this talk has made me very excited to hear it, I'm definitely buying it. Frank could use a good fucked up/noisy/weird album in his discography, spice things up.

And that guy who kept saying "stalinist", I'm pretty sure he learned that term in Social Studies this week, that's why he's so excited to use it. When my roommate learned the word "delectable", you couldn't get a meal in him without hearing it described that way.
Go to Top of Page

darkoutsider
= Cult of Ray =

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2004 :  15:55:33  Show Profile  Visit darkoutsider's Homepage  Click to see darkoutsider's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lol, sounds like me when I first heard the word pooh!! HA HA HA!! I'm going to see the Pixies, I'm going to see the Pixies!! I tried to get tickets to the Breeders show that's in a week or so in Hollywood, but it was sold out. Oh well, Bob Dylan is touring again on the bright side, and Henry Rollins is doing his spoken word tour. Can't wait to see that.

- Milk, milk, lemonade around the corner fudge is made. -
Go to Top of Page

Chip Away Boy
= Cult of Ray =

914 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2004 :  14:17:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i dunno why but this crap is growing on me
Go to Top of Page

Jason
* Dog in the Sand *

1446 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2004 :  18:08:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm looking forward to the Frank Black Francis thing, too. It sounds real cool. The bad notices here don't discourage me cuz I tend to disgree with most of the stuff I read on this board anyway.
Go to Top of Page

Old Neptuna
- FB Fan -

Ireland
200 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2004 :  13:18:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can't believe I missed all this - guess I was wrapped up in the Pixies side of things. I haven't heard this stuff yet but I can't wait. I've been bugging Cooking Vinyl to get a pre-order on this release, but haven't heard back yet - when I do, I'll post.

About the negs on the leaks... There are always leaks on releases, always lapped up by hungry and true fans. The problem is when they get too widely circulated - steals the thunder of the planned release I think. Can't blame fans for being impatient though, (me included).

Tuna

"Your head can go real screw, When saucers chasin' you.."
Go to Top of Page

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2004 :  18:04:35  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Okay. I would really, really like to hear these songs, but I can't get through to SoulSeek. I've downloaded it and tried downloading songs off of it but I can't find these songs, AND when I do find other songs and try to download them it doesn't work. I may just be screwed with the whole SoulSeek thing. Is there any other place I can find them and download them? Of course, I'm frumpy about the release of the album being pushed back, but I'd love to be able to take part in this discussion. Can anybody help me?! Thanks.

"And her head has no room."
Go to Top of Page

Chip Away Boy
= Cult of Ray =

914 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2004 :  11:50:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
aim=timbo313
Go to Top of Page

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2004 :  03:41:54  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What? What does that mean?! I'm not down with the whole AOL thing! Gwaaa!!

Go to Top of Page

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2004 :  04:03:31  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Okay. I just signed up for AIM. I'm jeromebixby. What happens now?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000