Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

mdisanto
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1140 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  14:21:42  Show Profile  Visit mdisanto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
well i just got my hands on the first 6 songs from the two pale boys and frank disc coming up. preeettty crazy i must say. Those of you who were disappointed by the techno on the Hey tribute might want to pretend that this album never existed. its worth hearing though.

-miked

oddball
- FB Fan -

Germany
242 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  14:52:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it a safe assumption that there will be no "new" material on this double cd? Rearrangements are nice and interesting, but I would trade 10 rearrangements for 1 new track anyday...I guess with two discs worth of material there is always hope.

Erik
Go to Top of Page

mdisanto
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1140 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  15:25:27  Show Profile  Visit mdisanto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i get the impression the first half is prepixies demos and the second half is rearrangements by frank and "two pale boys".

-miked
Go to Top of Page

Stuart
- The Clopser -

China
2291 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  18:01:52  Show Profile  Visit Stuart's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Who are the 'Two Pale Boys?'

Who's the man that won't cop out when there's danger all about?
Go to Top of Page

Jason
* Dog in the Sand *

1446 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  19:36:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stuart

Who are the 'Two Pale Boys?'

Who's the man that won't cop out when there's danger all about?

Their bios can be found at the bottom of this page (http://www.projex.demon.co.uk/pbs.html)
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  22:05:17  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, it's interesting, I'll say that about the new stuff...

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

Chip Away Boy
= Cult of Ray =

914 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  22:57:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can someone send me new songs to my AIM name? timbo313
so far i do have "where is my mind"
thanks
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  23:27:04  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aye..i'd have thought these were a part of 'Hey'...hehe
Go to Top of Page

Chris Knight
= Cult of Ray =

USA
899 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2004 :  07:10:04  Show Profile  Visit Chris Knight's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Where are you guys finding this stuff? I tried checking Soulseek but the server's down. Oh and Dave, I hope you don't mind my joining your Pigxies cult. :)

Join the Cult of the Flying Pigxies *snort* SCREEEEEECH! *flap flap flap*

Edited by - Chris Knight on 02/05/2004 07:11:34
Go to Top of Page

kingphilbert
= Cult of Ray =

USA
356 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2004 :  11:17:44  Show Profile  Visit kingphilbert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think if some have been leaked they're meant to be heard by the fans. Can someone just post them somewhere so we can get a preview so we don't have to wait another two months yet?
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2004 :  12:02:05  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Of course not CK! And a fine member you are. =)

Join the Cult of the Flying Pigxies - I'm A Believer!
Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2004 :  01:50:21  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i want them!may i ask where did you get them?

join the cult of errol\and you can have a beer\without having to quit smoking
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3426 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2004 :  04:57:18  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
they may tell you, but then they'd have to kill you!

cook me some fucking eggs!
Go to Top of Page

gary13th
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
632 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2004 :  05:03:41  Show Profile  Visit gary13th's Homepage  Click to see gary13th's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
what songs are they ??

----------
They are about, dressed to deceive, architect David Vincent
Go to Top of Page

mdisanto
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1140 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2004 :  07:34:45  Show Profile  Visit mdisanto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
monkey gone to heaven, where is my mind, caribou, into the white (with frank singing), wave of mutilation, and nimrods son

-miked
Go to Top of Page

Apesy
= Cult of Ray =

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2004 :  09:04:17  Show Profile  Visit Apesy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mdisanto

monkey gone to heaven, where is my mind, caribou, into the white (with frank singing), wave of mutilation, and nimrods son

Wait, wait, wait...Frank doesn't song all these?

-=Apesy
Go to Top of Page

Thomas
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1615 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2004 :  09:09:37  Show Profile  Click to see Thomas's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Apesy

quote:

Wait, wait, wait...Frank doesn't song all these?

-=Apesy

I think you just confused yourself. What Disanto is saying is Frank never recorded himself singing "Into The White" before.

Join the Cult of Little Black Francis / Our Love is Rice and Beans and Horses Lard
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2004 :  09:36:52  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Exactly. They are all Frank singing on the CD, but there's been speculation that Into The White was written by Kim (since she sings it). It would appear now that that is not the case.

Go to Top of Page

Ebb Vicious
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1162 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2004 :  09:43:21  Show Profile  Visit Ebb Vicious's Homepage  Reply with Quote

bah i was hoping for two discs of new material.

so ghetto.

i guess that's why spinart didn't make a big deal about it.
Go to Top of Page

VoVat
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2004 :  10:43:00  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The "Into The White" lyrics always sounded very Frank-ish to me. I haven't heard enough Breeders or Amps stuff to really know Kim's lyrics are like, but all that talk about meterorites and quasars just seemed to be classic late-Pixies/early-solo Frank stuff.

-Nathan
And how does lemur's skin reflect the sea?
http://vovat.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

mrgrieves1971
= Cult of Ray =

USA
544 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2004 :  11:23:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Into the White was written by Black Francis but sung by Mrs. John Murphy.
Go to Top of Page

guy_nolan
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
417 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2004 :  12:45:39  Show Profile  Click to see guy_nolan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Soul seek seems to want £1.50 per min connection rate??? Cheeky fuckers :(

For ten thousand years he slept, his mind feeding on the nightmares of the weak. Now he has awakened. As the night turned crimson, the fire-blade shattered and his power died. Then, the slaughter began...
Go to Top of Page

gary13th
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
632 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2004 :  15:24:29  Show Profile  Visit gary13th's Homepage  Click to see gary13th's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

-miked

cheers mike !

sounds quite interesting. though i'd prefer brand new material, i like alternative versions (mostly...!)

----------
They are about, dressed to deceive, architect David Vincent
Go to Top of Page

oddball
- FB Fan -

Germany
242 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2004 :  15:55:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
are these 6 songs longer in length than the original versions? they dont fill one of the two discs do they? lets hope the other disc might have some new stuff...even if new implies pre-pixies demos. I am curious about the frank black half

Erik
Go to Top of Page

mdisanto
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1140 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2004 :  16:33:28  Show Profile  Visit mdisanto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
no those arent all the songs, just the first 6 were released somehow i heard. they are longer though in most cases, well i dont know, they are defintily way different atleast.

-miked
Go to Top of Page

BPrend
- FB Fan -

92 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2004 :  16:39:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by guy_nolan

Soul seek seems to want £1.50 per min connection rate??? Cheeky fuckers :(

you're probably going to their old domain that was bought out. the real one is www.slsknet.org
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  00:32:18  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Since Cooking Vinyl told me FBF would not be 'an entirely new thing', I guess there is some (real) new stuff on it...

Btw, I remember reading somewhere (here?) that FB's next release would be something quite unexpected. Does anyone else remember this?

"Wir müssen reunieren / Wir werden reunieren"
Go to Top of Page

Thomas
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1615 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  08:15:37  Show Profile  Click to see Thomas's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Frog in the Sand

Btw, I remember reading somewhere (here?) that FB's next release would be something quite unexpected. Does anyone else remember this?

It was one of BENWIN's riddles.

"Our Love is Rice and Beans and Horses Lard"
Go to Top of Page

CaptainMaximus
- FB Fan -

126 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  08:41:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll wait till its released and I buy the official copy until I contribute my 2 cents...

Edited by - CaptainMaximus on 02/11/2004 08:26:20
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  09:08:47  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure we should be reviewing this and/or discussing it at this point, at least not in that detail...

Though I do agree with what you've said.

Go to Top of Page

Chip Away Boy
= Cult of Ray =

914 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  10:50:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
someone send me the songs on aim!!!!!

timbo313
Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  10:56:32  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
help!somebody tell me where to find them.no luck yet at slsk and winmx...

Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6116 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  14:09:54  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
just wait.....

"I joined the Cult of Frank/Nobody wanted to join my Culf"
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6116 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  14:11:01  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
...until they release the damn thing!

"I joined the Cult of Frank/Nobody wanted to join my Culf"
Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  15:35:39  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yeah right...i wish i could but i can't while there are people that already are reviewing it.

Go to Top of Page

Chip Away Boy
= Cult of Ray =

914 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  16:10:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
exactly, so uhhh, who wants to send me them?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000