New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2003 :  15:08:02  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
I figure I'll put it out now even though it's been a month and things are pretty fine now, but my girlfriend and I of 2 1/2 years (this Christmas) have broken up. It's almost been a month...November 30th be the day (that was the day I recorded Bailey's Walk, beforehand, with some idea of what was to come. insanity +2). Surprisingly I got over it pretty quickly, I don't know why or how. I thought I'd literally lose my mind but only the first few days were shit. The cure for getting over a breakup is to focus on the reasons why it wouldn't have worked out and why it's better off this way...and that pretty much got me through it. I'm much better now, I'm over it, we still get along as friends and still live together.

I'll be moving back to Michigan this spring and will do who knows what then...hopefully get a job at Best Buy since I really enjoy working for said company, maybe start classes in the summer. I've already been talking to a few friends from home and it's looking pretty good. Maybe after I move I'll feel differently, but hey, like I said, everything is OK. Breaking up was probably the worst feeling in the world, that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy, but I did manage to get over it in the end. I'm young, I'm smart, I (hope) I'm talented (definitely am in bed, ladies), so I have greener pastures ahead.

I'm going home for Christmas on Christmas Eve. Wish me luck and hope that my car makes it there and back! Love you.

Jim

"I joined the Cult of Clops / If I were you, I'd sleep with one eye open."

Little Black Francis
> Teenager of the Year <

3648 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2003 :  15:20:33  Show Profile
Best wishes on your travels. Breaking up sucks, but somehow we manage to get through it... it's a strange happening.

Every relationship I've had has ended in break-ups, I don't really have faith anymore. I've been dating my girlfriend for 3 months and I don't know what to think. Will it last? For how long? Too much to worry about, so just keep on keeping on I say.
Go to Top of Page

ramona
"FB Quote Mistress"

USA
3988 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2003 :  16:38:23  Show Profile  Visit ramona's Homepage
Keep your chin up, Jim! It sounds like you have some good things to look forward too, which is good. I had a shitty summer and knowing that I had a good fall really helped me get through it. I can't imagine living together is easy, but it sounds like you guys have handled it maturely which is very cool of you.

Anyway, Happy 2004 - hope it's better for all us and for the World!
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2003 :  00:10:05  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage
Aye, keep on truckin' man, looks like you're heading in a good direction. =)
Go to Top of Page

blackpurse
= Cult of Ray =

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2003 :  09:34:34  Show Profile
Honest to god, I posted my review of Bailey's Walk before I saw this.... honey, sorry to hear about this. Take it easy, you'll be fine.

"Sacred cows make the best burgers!"
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2003 :  10:44:47  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
Yeah I know you posted the review before that :) That's what made me think "hey, I never mentioned anything about it." So far so good. Thanks guys.

"I joined the Cult of Clops / If I were you, I'd sleep with one eye open."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000