Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2965 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  00:35:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They could have let Paz go a few months ago and then let speculation build for a while re Mrs John Murphy returning or not

That would have been fun to see play out in socials
Go to Top of Page

Skatealex1
* Dog in the Sand *

1645 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  01:07:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pot

A bunch of guys prancing around the white house dressed as Jamiroquai and folk still think this counts as an actual real insurrection - I mean do you guys seriously think the security for the main government buliding of the “greatest democracy in the world” is going to let that happen? Oh wait - bad choice of words because clearly they did “let it happen” or rather allowed it happen while looking the other way for a short time - it was a necessary media distraction to cover up the fact the election in 2020 was stolen - I figured this out the minute they suspended the count

The ironic think about Maga world on this is that the guy in office- you know the one who's supporters would chant 'hang Mike Pence' (for certifying the election that Maga man lost) is the one sit idly by for a period of time without calling in law enforcement as all that was going down.

Anyway, it sounds like Paz was even surprised by the announcement. I think I saw that Kim Shattuck also kinda heard about it last minute when that happened with her.

I'm curious to see what the future is with the band and new music from this. IE- will this be a touring arrangement or will they keeping writing with the Pixies, etc
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6012 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  01:13:53  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug

They could have let Paz go a few months ago and then let speculation build for a while re Mrs John Murphy returning or not

Would have been smart, that would have created a lot of buzz.

Although finding out that Breeders are touring in 2024 too is just a Google Search away

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6012 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  01:16:58  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skatealex1

Anyway, it sounds like Paz was even surprised by the announcement. I think I saw that Kim Shattuck also kinda heard about it last minute when that happened with her.

I'm curious to see what the future is with the band and new music from this. IE- will this be a touring arrangement or will they keeping writing with the Pixies, etc

Paz was surprised, Shattuck was surprised. And I also think Kim Deal was a little bit surprised that IC sessions continued when she left.

Guardian wrote this ten years ago:
It has been almost a year since Kim Deal left the Pixies, flying back to America mid-way through a Welsh recording session. In a new interview with Magnet magazine, Francis admitted that he has not spoken Deal since she “was getting on that plane”. Yet the door is open if she ever wants to return. “I can’t say if she called tomorrow, I wouldn’t be like, ‘Oh wow, really?’” he said. And Deal has even been in touch with the band: “She said, ‘Hey, if you need any more bass ...’ But it wasn’t quite ... from out point of view it wasn’t committed enough.”

The frontman also said he still isn’t completely clear why she left. “She’s been reticent for a very long time to make a new [Pixies] record,” he said. “She was unhappy with the situation, or unhappy with her life or whatever, just not happy.”

Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  01:41:09  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
The ironic think about Maga world on this is that the guy in office- you know the one who's supporters would chant 'hang Mike Pence' (for certifying the election that Maga man lost) is the one sit idly by for a period of time without calling in law enforcement as all that was going down.

While Trump was calling for calm - oh but orange man bad - orange man bad friends with Putin man bad - neither are good people but at least Putin isn’t trying to tank Russia’s economy and flood the country with illegal migrants - he’s defending Russia against NATO expansion which NATO agreed not to do and protecting Russian citizens in the eastern regions of Ukraine who have been persecuted and murdered as part of some ethnic cleansing operation after the CIA staged the coup in 2014 - the Ukrine war is a war between Russia and Ukrainian Nazis (talk about history repeating itself!)

Air defences were stood down just before 9/11
The IDF took 5 hours to react to the Hamas attack - before they decided to massacre their own people by helicopter as per the Hannibal Doctrine - then blamed it all on Hamas and used it as an excuse to continue genociding Palestine

Meanwhile the MSM stirs everyone up into a deranged frenzy about MAGA types while the supposedly more peaceful democrats have just funded a proxy war in Europe againsts Russia where hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians and Russians have lost their lives for nothing - men in old age rounded up and forced to fight - and placed the entire world (not least my own country the UK) in grave danger of all out nuclear war - they accuse Putin of committing false flag acts while bombing the NORD stream and the Crimean bridge and the reservoir and blaming it on Putin - and they are still arming Israel all at the taxpayers expense
The UK/US and all it’s western affiliates these days are a dangerous, fascist alliance of psychopaths and they have used aggressive media propaganda tactics to brainwash most of the population into believing they are still the good guys
Trump is a swarmie too but if you’re going to criticise Trump then you also have to critise the crimial Biden/Obama behind the curtains administration who have quite clearly gone completely rogue
If the west carries on down this road then it’s finished - a glorious era of freedom and prosperity flushed down the toilet - it’s really sad and what makes me sadder is you can spend all day trying to wake folk up and get nothing but insults in return

Feel free to challenge me on those views but segues into political theory (which is related to the speculation surrounding Paz’s departure) are not just coming from me
Go to Top of Page

Skatealex1
* Dog in the Sand *

1645 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  02:01:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pot

quote:

While Trump was calling for calm - oh but orange man bad - orange man bad friends with Putin man bad - neither are good people but at least Putin isn’t trying to tank Russia’s economy and flood the country with illegal migrants - he’s defending Russia against NATO expansion which NATO agreed not to do and protecting Russian citizens in the eastern regions of Ukraine who have been persecuted and murdered as part of some ethnic cleansing operation after the CIA staged the coup in 2014 - the Ukrine war is a war between Russia and Ukrainian Nazis (talk about history repeating itself!)

Air defences were stood down just before 9/11
The IDF took 5 hours to react to the Hamas attack - before they decided to massacre their own people by helicopter as per the Hannibal Doctrine - then blamed it all on Hamas and used it as an excuse to continue genociding Palestine

Meanwhile the MSM stirs everyone up into a deranged frenzy about MAGA types while the supposedly more peaceful democrats have just funded a proxy war in Europe againsts Russia where hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians and Russians have lost their lives for nothing - men in old age rounded up and forced to fight - and placed the entire world (not least my own country the UK) in grave danger of all out nuclear war - they accuse Putin of committing false flag acts while bombing the NORD stream and the Crimean bridge and the reservoir and blaming it on Putin - and they are still arming Israel all at the taxpayers expense
The UK/US and all it’s western affiliates these days are a dangerous, fascist alliance of psychopaths and they have used aggressive media propaganda tactics to brainwash most of the population into believing they are still the good guys
Trump is a swarmie too but if you’re going to criticise Trump then you also have to critise the crimial Biden/Obama behind the curtains administration who have quite clearly gone completely rogue
If the west carries on down this road then it’s finished - a glorious era of freedom and prosperity flushed down the toilet - it’s really sad and what makes me sadder is you can spend all day trying to wake folk up and get nothing but insults in return

Feel free to challenge me on those views but segues into political theory (which is related to the speculation surrounding Paz’s departure) are not just coming from me

'Ukrainian Nazis'- that's like the narrative one might hear from Tucker Carlson types. I don't know how far right has such backwards narratives on things

It is true there is a small nazi faction in Ukraine, that's certainly a problem but for the most part they've actually become a pretty European type country over the years. M83 even played there not too long ago.

The real nazi is dictator Putin waging am absurd and pathetic war leading to needless loss of life's and destruction so he can conquer his neighbors. (Comparable to how Hitler started his conquests back in the day).

On the topic of Israel- I think Netanyahu is horrendous so I'm not here to defend that. Worth mentioning though- Mr Maga Man said something to the extent of the other day that Israel 'should finish the job'. If you think it's bad now just imagine him egging on Netanyahu to go further.

Also again - making Biden out to be Mr. Crime. The GOP house led commission could not find a single crime to stick on him so far, except that his son has drug problems . But maybe the guy with 91 something indictments who ran a fraudulent university before he even got in the White House may have committed some crimes. Anyway I think it's maybe a little absurd to get into lengthy political arguments in a music forum.

Edited by - Skatealex1 on 03/06/2024 02:25:10
Go to Top of Page

Skatealex1
* Dog in the Sand *

1645 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  02:02:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by billgoodman

quote:

Paz was surprised, Shattuck was surprised. And I also think Kim Deal was a little bit surprised that IC sessions continued when she left.

Guardian wrote this ten years ago:
It has been almost a year since Kim Deal left the Pixies, flying back to America mid-way through a Welsh recording session. In a new interview with Magnet magazine, Francis admitted that he has not spoken Deal since she “was getting on that plane”. Yet the door is open if she ever wants to return. “I can’t say if she called tomorrow, I wouldn’t be like, ‘Oh wow, really?’” he said. And Deal has even been in touch with the band: “She said, ‘Hey, if you need any more bass ...’ But it wasn’t quite ... from out point of view it wasn’t committed enough.”

The frontman also said he still isn’t completely clear why she left. “She’s been reticent for a very long time to make a new [Pixies] record,” he said. “She was unhappy with the situation, or unhappy with her life or whatever,

Hearing this stuff reminds me of the Loud Quiet Loud documentary when Kelley Deal says "you all are the worst communicators ever" or something like that.
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6012 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  02:09:27  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah, that was spot on!

Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1227 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  02:09:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by pot

A bunch of guys prancing around the white house dressed as Jamiroquai and folk still think this counts as an actual real insurrection - I mean do you guys seriously think the security for the main government buliding of the “greatest democracy in the world” is going to let that happen? Oh wait - bad choice of words because clearly they did “let it happen” or rather allowed it happen while looking the other way for a short time - it was a necessary media distraction to cover up the fact the election in 2020 was stolen - I figured this out the minute they suspended the count

I would assume they will never have another new member, it's hired help for tours from now on. If being in the band for 10 years does not provide some kind of security against difference of opinion, you would be mad to sign up, especially if you're female.

Edited by - Sprite on 03/06/2024 02:18:31
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  02:20:48  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hearing this stuff reminds me of the Loud Quiet Loud documentary when Kelley Deal says "you all are the worst communicators ever" or something like that.

All women say that about guys though
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  02:24:08  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sprite

I would assume they will never have another new member, it's hired help for tours from now on. If being in the band for 10 years does not provide some kind of security against difference of opinion, you would be mad to sign up, especially if you're female.

For such an amazingly fun band they do come across as also the worst band to be a member of sometimes

I think we’re going to get a tour a new album - maybe they’ll extand the BossaTrompe sets hopefully for non-Europeans too - and then that’ll be the end of the road for the Pixies

All good things..

Or…

Maybe Emma will turn out to be even more amazing than Paz?
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2965 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  02:56:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Once they complete this tour they will have done every album tour imaginable except for 2.0 albums, which makes no sense even if Paz were still here.

This will never happen but I’m hoping Pixies retire after this (instead of becoming Grateful Dead of alternative like Lovering always jokes, and then Frank just does a bunch more weird solo albums and plays little venues where he busts out any song he feels like from 40 years of doing it. I would pay to see that.

Also, is Andro Queen about an AI bass player they never have to kick out of the band? Maybe that could be next after Emma?
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  03:58:22  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

'Ukrainian Nazis'- that's like the narrative one might hear from Tucker Carlson types. I don't know how far right has such backwards narratives on things

It is true there is a small nazi faction in Ukraine, that's certainly a problem but for the most part they've actually become a pretty European type country over the years. M83 even played there not too long ago.

The real nazi is dictator Putin waging am absurd and pathetic war leading to needless loss of life's and destruction so he can conquer his neighbors. (Comparable to how Hitler started his conquests back in the day).

On the topic of Israel- I think Netanyahu is horrendous so I'm not here to defend that. Worth mentioning though- Mr Maga Man said something to the extent of the other day that Israel 'should finish the job'. If you think it's bad now just imagine him egging on Netanyahu to go further.

Also again - making Biden out to be Mr. Crime. The GOP house led commission could not find a single crime to stick on him so far, except that his son has drug problems . But maybe the guy with 91 something indictments who ran a fraudulent university before he even got in the White House may have committed some crimes. Anyway I think it's maybe a little absurd to get into lengthy political arguments in a music forum.

Screw Tucker Carlson man - I get my low down from real alt journos

As for Biden being found free from criminality - do you not think they have the entire legal system in their pocket too? How do you think they are getting away with holding Julian Assange in arbitrary detention as a political prisoner - corruption
Why do you think the ICC put out an arrest warrant for Putin but somehow when it comes to Netanyahu and his western sponsors it's crickets?
Sending billions in military aid to genocidal regimes is about as criminally corrupt as you can get!

And there are real Nazi battalions in Ukraine - this is fact and not something you can trivialise the way you have while we are writing blank cheque after blank cheque to them with no accountability - as Julian Assange said just before they put him in the London tower "they don't want a successful war, they want a neverending war" because it's a giant money laundering scam funneling OUR taxes into the hands of elite bankers - oil and money is also behind the Gaza Holocaust including BP who have contracts written up for oil and gas off the Gaza coast

Did you not see the Canadian government embarrassing themselves last year inviting a real former WW2 Nazi from Ukraine and giving him a standing ovation?! None of the dead head morons posing as democratically elected leaders realised lol

Of course it's Trump and Putin and the like if Jeremy Corbyn we need to keep away from power - I despair..

Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1227 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  04:32:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pot

quote:

Of course it's Trump and Putin and the like if Jeremy Corbyn we need to keep away from power

That's the sanest thing you've said pot
Go to Top of Page

johnnyribcage
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  04:46:45  Show Profile  Visit johnnyribcage's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well this is sho nuff some bizarre and depressing bullshit to stumble into. Bad enough to find out Paz is out. Reading all this I felt like I was reading the comments section on a yahoo article at times. I’m just gonna tap out now. Gonna be a long, shitty 2024 in the US.

I had a bad reaction to your public hobby writings.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2965 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  05:07:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can any of you musicians comment if you think the bass parts in Bossa-Trompe are going to be difficult for Emma to pick up in such short time? I can imagine Paz had been practicing for a while.

I also couldn't help but wonder if Black was gonna let Paz sing TLM since allegedly / potentially it was gonna be sung by Kim D in the first place, and also since the vocals sound so high. Going from TLM to Planet of Sound and Sad Punk is some serious range. I know our man can do it, but wow in 2024.

Can't wait to read everyone's reports on the tour here on the forum.
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1227 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  05:13:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brank_Flack

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Troubles A Foot

quote:
Originally posted by tamefan

I think it's regretful whenever politics infiltrates into art, even in cases where the artists are choosing to be political mainly because politics is vulgar and ugly and art is supposed to elevate us to something better

Took the words right out of my mouth. I have tried to have this argument with so many people who go on about "all art is political" and other nonsense.

Amen. Also the whole episode reads absurd when one thinks back to the days when the Pixies pitched themselves as surrealists.

The vibe on this episode is that Paz has behaved in some kind of 'bad' way. But it's equally possible it's the main man whose got stuck in a rabbit hole.

True, that's a good point.

The thing missing in the analyses of polarization above is that while most of the culture wars is silly, and that they would be most silly in the framework of Star Wars Episode I or the 90s, we're not in either moment anymore. Polarization on things like the attempted overthrow of the democratic process is inherently different than polarization around arbitrary issues like all the silliness surrounding Bud Light (which isn't to say that the two forms of polarization aren't mutually reinforcing). It would be petty to break up over the latter, it's more understandable, even if unfortunate and by no-means inevitable, when the former is the cause for splits. I'm not saying the band had no choice (again *if* this is the cause) but I wouldn't throw Charles under the bus for it either.

I would also add in agreement that I would be thoroughly disinterested in the Pixies music itself becoming moralistic political posturing. Monkey doesn't cross this line, and the political irreverence of I've Been Tired and U-Mass are wonderful.

Yes yes yes to your last point. The driveby on student politics in I've been Tired and U-MASS were a joy to hear. Just one of many many reasons why I loved the Pixies while at Uni and put them on a pedestal.

As an aside second verse of Rat Race by the Specials also does this beautifully.

Edited by - Sprite on 03/06/2024 06:32:42
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1107 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  06:01:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

hehehe
yes, it would build up and up
and then implode, and leave many disappointed

it's educational
Go to Top of Page

Stevio10
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1074 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  06:10:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tamefan

Ariel Pink replied to one of my tweets: https://twitter.com/arielxpink/status/1764847709079392425

I tweeted "Apparently [Paz's firing had] something to do with publicly supporting @arielxpink"

He replied "conjecture. but where theres smoke theres fire"

The archiver didn't really work: https://archive.li/npDM0
Here's a screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/V3O2WAI

Looks like you got a reply from Paz.

'Where there's fire there's fired'

Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2965 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  06:13:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No kidding? This is getting interesting
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  06:44:28  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It appears to be the real Paz as well - but only one like in 4 hours? (That was me)
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1227 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  06:45:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Latest tweet (4 hrs ago)

"It has been a dream of dreams these past 10 years to have been accepted as a Pixie by the band and by fans, and an honor to have contributed to a vital musical legacy. I look forward to their continued support and encouragement of my future projects and wish them the best.”

Classy.

Replies open unlike a certain other announcement.
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1227 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  06:47:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know Mr Thomspson is not averse to dropping by this forum on occasion so if he thinks I'm fucking pissed off....he'd be right.
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1107 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  06:47:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"And where there is fire they're fired."
Also: "Thanks for your care and for supporting my music endeavors."

doesn't really seem to mean much, but cool to get two replies to your tweet!

it's all very vague, isn't it?
like they've agreed or decided only to mention this much and nothing more?

"It has been a dream of dreams these past 10 years to have been accepted as a Pixie by the band and by fans, and an honor to have contributed to a vital musical legacy. I look forward to their continued support and encouragement of my future projects and wish them the best.”"

it's educational
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  06:49:14  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by pot
Of course it's Trump and Putin and the like if Jeremy Corbyn we need to keep away from power

That's the sanest thing you've said pot

Sshhhyeah - I also said this

quote:
Originally posted by pot
Every accusation is a confession

Go to Top of Page

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1107 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  06:49:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we don't know what the situation is, except that paz is no longer in the band. and that it most likely wasn't her decision.

i'm not sure if you're pissed about that in itself, sprite, or if your anger is based on assumptions. maybe there's no good reason to be pissed off?

it's educational
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1107 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  06:51:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
why would she say "I look forward to their continued support and encouragement of my future projects"?
is she looking forward to it? (is continued support and encouragement expected? doesn't really sound like an unexpected firing, or a big disagreement whatsoever at the basis of this suspected firing. or does it?)
or is it just a way to already draw some attention to whatever projects are coming up?

it's educational

Edited by - Discoking on 03/06/2024 06:53:00
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  06:52:22  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

I know Mr Thomspson is not averse to dropping by this forum on occasion so if he thinks I'm fucking pissed off....he'd be right.

Not going to sugar coat it either
If he lets me down on this tour after already ruining my life after splitting up in their hey day before I had a proper chance to see them live I’ll never forgive

I mean - I still wish them all the best, but…
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1227 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  06:55:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Discoking

we don't know what the situation is, except that paz is no longer in the band. and that it most likely wasn't her decision.

i'm not sure if you're pissed about that in itself, sprite, or if your anger is based on assumptions. maybe there's no good reason to be pissed off?

it's educational

Not angry, just pissed off. At the situation and how it's being managed.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  06:56:02  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

why would she say "I look forward to their continued support and encouragement of my future projects"?
is she looking forward to it? (is continued support and encouragement expected?)
or is it just a way to already draw some attention to whatever projects are coming up?

it's educational

Maybe she has a side project going on - her own band maybe - you like someone else who used to play bass with the Pixies - and Charles wanted her full input?

I think as fans we deserve an explanation - as opposed to this airy fairy oh we’re getting divorced but we’re going to remain friends

Fans are pissed so all this secrecy is just adding salt to the wound - wild speculation can be draining over time
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  06:58:49  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
it's all very vague, isn't it?
like they've agreed or decided only to mention this much and nothing more?

"It has been a dream of dreams these past 10 years to have been accepted as a Pixie by the band and by fans, and an honor to have contributed to a vital musical legacy. I look forward to their continued support and encouragement of my future projects and wish them the best.”"

it's educational

To be fair if I was in the Pixies and they fired me I’d be upset but also still totally stoked at having been in the Pixies
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1227 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  07:00:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep. Plus I paid nearly £100 6 months ago to see 100% of the Pixies, not 75%...

Whatever the reasons, and we'll find out one day no doubt, they should not have left it this late to make the announcement.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2965 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  07:02:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope we get a new tune called "Now All I Think About Now"

It's humorous to read the news reports and see them chronicle the bassists. Not that 4 bassists in 30+ years is a world record (is it?) but it's making me wonder if Emma will spontaneously combust or choke on someone else's vomit, and then we can keep going.
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1107 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  07:05:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pot

I think as fans we deserve an explanation

i disagree.
i'm curious, too, but i don't think they owe us a detailed explanation, right here, right now.
i'm sure we'll learn more over time.

it's educational
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  07:10:24  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Can any of you musicians comment if you think the bass parts in Bossa-Trompe are going to be difficult for Emma to pick up in such short time? I can imagine Paz had been practicing for a while.

I also couldn't help but wonder if Black was gonna let Paz sing TLM since allegedly / potentially it was gonna be sung by Kim D in the first place, and also since the vocals sound so high. Going from TLM to Planet of Sound and Sad Punk is some serious range. I know our man can do it, but wow in 2024.

Can't wait to read everyone's reports on the tour here on the forum.

That’s what I ws wondering too
I was looking forward to hearing Paz sing some of the Kim bits but now we’ll have to make do with Emma - who may also do a decent job
Emma is also the first female English bass player so that kind of rules out Gigantic and Tony’s Theme probably
I wonder if there’s an AI algorithm that will recreate what those songs would be like sung in an east end cockney London accent: “You know what man, this geezer called Tony ‘e likes girls who play ‘ockey and that, and he’s got a massive cock!”
I dunno if Emma is from London…
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000