Frank Dreams Are Made of This
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2961 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2019 :  12:40:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had another FBF dream last night and decided to see who else visits with the man at night.

In this one, it was nothing really dreamlike. I was sitting in a concert hall, but it was more like a college lecture hall. I was in the front row all the way to the left, looking at the right side of his face.

He played a bunch of stuff from FB and TOTY, and I was super psyched.

That's about all I remember of this one. I've dreamt of him many times.

Any one else?

Jeepster
- FB Fan -

USA
123 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2019 :  16:49:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dreamed that I met briefly FBF and learned that his actual first name is Black and actual last name is Francis, and that he thought nobody would believe that it was his real name, so upon starting his music career, he claimed that it was a pseudonym and made up a 'real' name.

-----------------------
Q: Where do Pixies keep their instruments when they're not playing?
A: Debasement.

Edited by - Jeepster on 03/24/2019 16:49:55
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2961 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2019 :  20:45:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is weird but I just had another one. Must be because of this thread.

I was walking through a railroad apartment and the whole band was there. I walked past Frank and turned back to face him. He was really old and had cauliflower ears, like from wrestling. He spoke words of gratitude, to me but aimed at the whole fanbase.
Go to Top of Page

The Maharal
= Cult of Ray =

960 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2019 :  09:35:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I was first getting into Frank about twelve years ago some friends and I used to make constant references to his songs and lyrics. None of us were sure what the "ball in the machine" lyric in Pong actually was - I thought he was just saying "pong machine". I had a dream where I asked Frank what the ACTUAL lyric was. He told me - with a hushed giggle - that it was "bong machine".
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2019 :  09:55:32  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think I had a dream the other night I was at a Pixies gig and they were playing a new song. I can't remember.

Do you ever hear music in your dreams? Does it sound like the best music you've ever heard. Do you ever hear music you've never heard before and it's out of this world, but you can never remember it when you wake up?
Go to Top of Page

The Maharal
= Cult of Ray =

960 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2019 :  10:06:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah that happens to me. Usually a Pixies or BF song which absolutely kills and then it's deflating when you wake up, realise it's a dream and that none of their recent work has evoked anything like that feeling.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2961 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2019 :  06:25:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had a dream about Trompe Le Monde last night. I think it was mainly about the album cover. That cover is so good that it's showing up in my dreams. I haven't really looked at the cover in a while though, so I don't know why that happened.
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2961 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2019 :  06:27:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18705
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2961 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2019 :  06:28:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://turnupthevolume.blog/2018/03/15/album-cover-of-the-day-trompe-le-monde-by-pixies/

I think the fact that the picture is on its side (?) gives it something even more special, like it's the side of a cliff or something.
Go to Top of Page

The Maharal
= Cult of Ray =

960 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2019 :  11:30:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmmm, I've never actually thought of that as snow! Always assumed it was salt.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000