Trompe le Monde cover
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

planet of sound
- FB Fan -

12 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  12:38:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not the song, the album art. What exactly is it of and what does it mean? It's bugged me for a while.

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  12:53:43  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i think the front cover is cow's eyes in salt. you'd have to ask Simon Larbalestier about it's meaning though. i'm sure only he knows the truth behind that one (that's if there is any meaning). You could send him an email through his fb.net members profile page.

www.simon-larbalestier.co.uk

there's a page in "Fool The World" that quotes both Simon L. and the artist behind the rockets, Steve Appleby.

the rockets look familiar, don't they?

Edited by - fbc on 07/22/2007 13:04:32
Go to Top of Page

planet of sound
- FB Fan -

12 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  13:49:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow really? I always thought the eyes were fake. Very cool effect though. If you look at the album cover on it's side it looks like eyes in snow, and the back has eyes on melted ice. I still wouldn't know the meaning (if any) even if this was the case! Thanks for the info fbc!
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  14:28:40  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think they're real cows eyes. I read trompe le monde is a play on trompe l'oeil, and the cover has eyes (oeil), and.... that's all I've got.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000