Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 55

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  14:43:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fbc

(Don Francis. I hope Europe is treating you well.)

oh yeah. i've always wondered why the keys solo was cut form Kiss My Ring but i'm happy to keep wondering.

hmmm...i wish i could remember myself. probably thinking too much. yes. it was a good solo. apologies.
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  14:44:35  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
no apologies needed. atom in my heart made up for it's disappearance.
Go to Top of Page

langdonboom
= Cult of Ray =

USA
260 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  14:46:20  Show Profile  Click to see langdonboom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by frnck blck

quote:
Originally posted by langdonboom

What's up with the EDF project?

i suppose on hold. logistics more than anything.

Well, its nice that you're busy! Thanks for the update, and definitely keep that thing alive if you can, I think you guys are great together.
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  14:52:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

also, I'm curious to hear your thoughts on Bluefinger being so widely dispersed at this time. And what exactly is the nature of Grand Dutchy? Ft. Wayne has been on constant repeat for me, which again, I wonder how you feel about - ie the fact that we all have it.

Needless to say, I personally have bought every one of your albums and many even the Japanese versions and I intend to do the same for Bluefinger and Grand Duchy, as I assume for most of those on this board.

Thanks for whatever you can say!

well thank you for all the purchases past and present!

i usually email a few copies out there to a small circle, but usually nothing comes of it. perhaps a BIT of chatter here, but certainly nothing like the recent bluefinger discussion and downloading that has been going on. i'm fine with all of it. i appreciate the interest!

grand duchy is about halfway through an "album". we have certain delightful little people who require our attention which means violet and i move at a slow pace on the project. we hope to finish this summer while on vacation in france. who knows when we will have live gigs; WE HAVE ANOTHER LITTLE PERSON ON THE WAY! we are truly blessed.

Go to Top of Page

Ernesto
- FB Fan -

Netherlands
99 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  14:52:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
one more question about our dutch hero herman brood, what's your fave song from him?
Go to Top of Page

Ernesto
- FB Fan -

Netherlands
99 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  14:53:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
congrats with the new one on the way !!!
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  14:55:11  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ditto.
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  14:56:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fbc

but the music it remains.

and the spirit is lifted. thank you.
Go to Top of Page

langdonboom
= Cult of Ray =

USA
260 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  14:57:09  Show Profile  Click to see langdonboom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

also, I'm curious to hear your thoughts on Bluefinger being so widely dispersed at this time. And what exactly is the nature of Grand Dutchy? Ft. Wayne has been on constant repeat for me, which again, I wonder how you feel about - ie the fact that we all have it.

Needless to say, I personally have bought every one of your albums and many even the Japanese versions and I intend to do the same for Bluefinger and Grand Duchy, as I assume for most of those on this board.

Thanks for whatever you can say!

well thank you for all the purchases past and present!

i usually email a few copies out there to a small circle, but usually nothing comes of it. perhaps a BIT of chatter here, but certainly nothing like the recent bluefinger discussion and downloading that has been going on. i'm fine with all of it. i appreciate the interest!

grand duchy is about halfway through an "album". we have certain delightful little people who require our attention which means violet and i move at a slow pace on the project. we hope to finish this summer while on vacation in france. who knows when we will have live gigs; WE HAVE ANOTHER LITTLE PERSON ON THE WAY! we are truly blessed.

First of all, you are quite quite welcome for the purchases, because I am beyond grateful for yours music ever since I was 14.

Secondly, that is exciting news about Grand Dutchy. I can't listen to Ft. Wayne enough. Ready for more, but I definitely respect your domestic responsibilites and mazel tov on the new little one. Not surprising to see your prolificness extneding to more than rock music!

Thanks again for the updates.
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  14:58:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Some pain is good - sometimes its good to be blind!

yes. yes. you are right. a snake lies in the darkness.

Edited by - frnck blck on 06/16/2007 14:58:49
Go to Top of Page

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  15:00:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll be thrilled if you do eventually move to France. More gigs in Europe for one. Aix-en-Provence's lovely. I spent a study year there.

Congrats on the new one on the way by the way.

Edited by - trobrianders on 06/16/2007 15:01:47
Go to Top of Page

velvety
= Cult of Ray =

Portugal
536 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  15:01:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Frank,

Bluefinger's artwork, is it going to have something to do with Herman Brood, one of his paintings perhaps?

Congrats on all the good fortune you're experiencing.
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  15:02:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ernesto

one more question about our dutch hero herman brood, what's your fave song from him?

hmmm...probably YOU CAN'T BREAK A HEART AND HAVE IT, but i found also on the internet a great dutch language version of MY WAY which is really fabulous.
Go to Top of Page

Little Black Francis
> Teenager of the Year <

3648 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  15:03:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey frank, I saw some video of your show the other night, it was awesome. it's wierd youre not playin guitar for the first time i've ever seen. i think it's great. anyways, did you hear about that creation museum they built in ohio or something, what do you think about that?

We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe.
Go to Top of Page

Ernesto
- FB Fan -

Netherlands
99 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  15:05:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

hmmm...probably YOU CAN'T BREAK A HEART AND HAVE IT, but i found also on the internet a great dutch language version of MY WAY which is really fabulous.

it's a great song indeed, wonder what that dutch song is hahaha. i hope you'll play it in rotterdam
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3420 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  15:07:35  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yes, why the decision to not play guitar at these recent shows?
is it a new 'phase' you're entering or is it solely cause bluefinger only had one guitar and you didn't want to change that in a live setting?

and have you ever performed sans guitar before?
my favourite pixies moment is the encore of tame during the 1991 brixton academy gig which is the only other time i've seen you sing without guitar...how does it feel?

all i can say, thank god for polio! brian
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  15:10:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by velvety

Hey Frank,

Bluefinger's artwork, is it going to have something to do with Herman Brood, one of his paintings perhaps?

Congrats on all the good fortune you're experiencing.

i am not sure yet. it seems obvious we should include something of brood's work, but at the same time since the record is all about him it might be too much. i love his paintings, though. it's simply a matter of what makes the coolest album cover for the project as opposed to earnestly "educating' everyone on brood. does that make any sense? having said that, our oldest boy, the great JULIAN CLARK, has completed 3 canvases inspired by some of the songs to be included in a lyric booklet. my favorite is the one he did inspired by the herman brood cover YOU CAN'T BREAK A HEART AND HAVE IT.

Go to Top of Page

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  15:11:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I wanna know that too. How does it feel? Though I'm really gonna miss your guitar pickings. They were always one of the main attractions, amongst many.

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  15:13:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
iTunes displays cover art for Bluefinger. I was thinking a cover had already been chosen?

Edited by - trobrianders on 06/16/2007 15:15:57
Go to Top of Page

Ernesto
- FB Fan -

Netherlands
99 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  15:15:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how was the show in austria ?
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  15:15:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benji

yes, why the decision to not play guitar at these recent shows?
is it a new 'phase' you're entering or is it solely cause bluefinger only had one guitar and you didn't want to change that in a live setting?

and have you ever performed sans guitar before?
my favourite pixies moment is the encore of tame during the 1991 brixton academy gig which is the only other time i've seen you sing without guitar...how does it feel?

all i can say, thank god for polio! brian

it is difficult to explain, but i do feel a strong urge to remove the guitar from my shoulder for the moment. it's just something i feel. i love to play the guitar, but at the same time it is a barrier and i need to feel the barrier removed. i need to feel the songs on a deeper level. i need to concentrate on something that i cannot identify just yet. i have known that i needed to try this for a long time, and so here i am without a guitar.
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  15:17:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

i have never been comfortable in the open air concert, shall we say. as mark e. smith said "we are a cabaret act"
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  15:18:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

i have never been comfortable in the open air concert, shall we say. as mark e. smith said "we are a cabaret act"
Go to Top of Page

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  15:19:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We've seen some very recent footage of you in action sans guitar so I think we know what you mean but it is difficult to put into words.

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  15:20:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by trobrianders

I'll be thrilled if you do eventually move to France. More gigs in Europe for one. Aix-en-Provence's lovely. I spent a study year there.

maybe after the vacation we'll just stay!
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  15:21:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank -- two things. One's a suggestion and one's a question:

1. I'd love to see this be the album cover art:

2. What was your Brood research process? Some have speculated that it was done 99% with Google, Wikipedia, YouTube, etc. Throw in a little record-shop research, and you have an album? Is that far off?

Please pardon me, for these my wrongs.
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  15:21:34  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
could you reveal please who's playing with you on that awesome track you have over at blackfrancis.net? The one that mentions a girl from Washington.

(sorry, cohen, didn't mean to post over you ;)

Edited by - fbc on 06/16/2007 15:22:17
Go to Top of Page

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  15:23:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by trobrianders

maybe after the vacation we'll just stay!

In that case I know this excellent little boulangerie.

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  15:24:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Co. Good to see you.

Ernesto
- FB Fan -

Netherlands
99 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  15:24:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
will the men in black also play the song ??? i love that one
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  15:27:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fbc

could you reveal please who's playing with you on that awesome track you have over at blackfrancis.net? The one that mentions a girl from Washington.

(sorry, cohen, didn't mean to post over you ;)

the lovely, lucious VIOLET CLARK (bass and vocals)
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  15:29:28  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i/we can't wait for your tour!
Go to Top of Page

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  15:35:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Violet's vocals on Bluefinger are a perfect compliment. You got me thinking of Tom Waits and Kathleen Brennan. Something like that? And has anything developed on that score? Anything at all. The thought of Mr Waits involved in your music is more than I could hope for. Oh, and him titling his record 'Bone Machine' back in the 90s, was that in anyway related to Surfer Rosa's opener? Damn, I've just realised it would be immodest for you to say yes. I'm guessing that it was, that he loves your work.

Edited by - trobrianders on 06/16/2007 15:37:15
Go to Top of Page

DrBone
- FB Fan -

98 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  15:37:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Frank!

So... no guitar for a while... does that mean you won't be gracing McCabe's Guitar Shop in Santa Monica with your amazing accoustic shows?
Go to Top of Page

Bohemoth
- FB Fan -

USA
246 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  16:19:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I Really Did that demo Skip this Part (something about crusin along down in west Virginia). All these songs with locations In them finally My Home Makes it into one of your Songs!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 55 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000