Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 55

wwgt
- FB Fan -

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2007 :  14:18:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Charles , I would like to extend a heartfelt thanks for blessing us with your recordings.
You know the world has evolved thru many " periods"
triassic, cretacious, jurassic and what not.............
all I can say is thank GOD I was alive in the time of FB !!!
let us think on a name for this period in the history of the world...
hmmmmmm.....
Many thousands of years great philosophers and musicans may be reflecting on the "CKT " period of ROCK ...
Or " FB , the man whom started the new enlightened age of music !!! "

Space is gonna do me good
Go to Top of Page

gapu
- FB Fan -

Austria
106 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2007 :  14:47:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey Charles, i'm new here!
but i listen to your stuff since i discovered the pixies with the age of 13, no my late 13's, i believe. wow, is it really that long? almost 7 years ago!

anyway, i don't know if this has been answered before (since i do not have the time to read threw about 50 pages), but i'd like to know if you will ever record with the catholics again? cause this was rock at it's best, you really seem to be the true rolling stones, not that cheap imitation with mick jagger ;)
more frank black dvd's would be great too, a catholics concert, then one with the new band, what do you think?

although i listen pretty much to your fast man raider man lately. i am still amazed you worked with steve cropper (from the one and only "good ole blues brothers boys band". Hehe, that what a movie. i'd like to watch it but i have to study for tomorrow's test. being a pupil is the worst thing of all... but your music helps me through! today i've been listening to 8 fb records, while studying. what a freak!

Cheers

Edited by - gapu on 03/23/2007 04:55:29
Go to Top of Page

lackflag
- FB Fan -

30 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  09:02:22  Show Profile  Visit lackflag's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by trobrianders

8. Cover a Bjork song.

Not a bad idea at all. (Especially since Chuck seems to be acting a bit loco lately.)
Go to Top of Page

hadjoke
- FB Fan -

9 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  03:35:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hay Frank, Saw you in Chicago twice last few times you went. One with the Foo Fighters, I paid 50 beans for the ticket and you played a rushed set and kept on telling everybody not to worry and you would be done soon, (I wish you wouldn't of had that attitude because I was only there to see you, although all the other guys probably just thought of you as the guy with the Fight Club song, gotta respect the group who did pony up the inflated price just to see you) Some guy was in the front rocking out to you and you kept on telling him to chill out, pretty funny shit. The Foo show was alright, I think I like them better on the radio though, I left half way into it. The other was with one of your bands and Reid Paley opened up. Missed Reid, came 45 mins late and you guys actually started on time. The show was awesome, probably best one ever! Keep up the good work. If I was rich I would have you come play at my wedding some day and you wouldn't do it.

I'm glad you're not Uber popular. If you were then we would probably get less albums to listen to. Right now I have the Christmas DvD in, Just bought it today, I really like Dead Man's Curve. As far as FMRM, I really like Highway to Lowdown. Lots of talk about running away and being free, maybe its worth it, maybe not. I actually just moved to Santa Barbara, Ca from Traverse City, MI. I packed up the van and went with the winds and ended up here. So here I am 25 years old no commitments, any advice? My buddy was having panic attacks and he asked me my opinion about them. I said, when you feel one coming on just say to yourself, "this is just a game, and Thanks for the invite, but I really don't feel like playing." It helped him so if you did have some advice just say it! After all you've been giving me advice for half my life like it or not!

I'll take off with my worries, and I'll even let death drive, sure to get there dead or alive.

Go to Top of Page

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  04:10:56  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hadjoke
I actually just moved to Santa Barbara, Ca from Traverse City, MI. I packed up the van and went with the winds and ended up here. So here I am 25 years old no commitments, any advice?

Maybe join a karate school?

Denis

"Can you hear me? I aint got shit to say."
Go to Top of Page

hadjoke
- FB Fan -

9 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  01:08:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
get this I was looking in the credits on the Christmas CD and the "Rushed" show I went to actually has two tracks on the CD. The Nadine and Manitoba versions with the Accordion player who plays keys for the Foo. Maybe not such a bad show after all....

Martial Arts is an excellent idea, thank you Vilainde.

Man "All Around The World" is a real emotional. Lovely song, probably best on the CD. WOW!!!!
Go to Top of Page

kfs
= Cult of Ray =

USA
889 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  01:59:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Black Francis,
THANK YOU!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  02:26:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe he should temporally name himself Blue Francis!
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  04:39:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe it should be Brooding Francis.

Please pardon me, for these my wrongs.
Go to Top of Page

awestruck
= Cult of Ray =

USA
377 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2007 :  21:28:26  Show Profile  Visit awestruck's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In the wild craziness of my life recently, I have depended on your music in the last few weeks. I listen to you at night before bed to wind down. I listen to you while I write my papers for school (and you help me stay awake). And now that I have you on a mp3 player, I can enjoy peace while chaos is happening all around.
Thank you!!!

P.S. I even listen to you while I am grocery shopping. I look forward to my time alone with you!(promise I am not a stalker) oh I do want to see you live somewhere before I die. So it would be great if you could come to Tennessee soon.

Favorite Quote: awestruck is a she, she's a she. -trobrianders

Edited by - awestruck on 04/01/2007 21:30:29
Go to Top of Page

tworeeler
- FB Fan -

17 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2007 :  19:38:07  Show Profile  Visit tworeeler's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Frank, you mentioned being a fan of Bob Odenkirk...have you seen Tim & Eric Awesome Show, Great Job? He's very involved in the show, even appearing (along with other Mr. Show cast members) in some sketches. Just thought I'd give you a heads up if you hadn't...it's on Adult Swim (Cartoon Network).
Go to Top of Page

endofmiles
- FB Fan -

Switzerland
69 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2007 :  15:46:12  Show Profile  Click to see endofmiles's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Mr. Black,
I was just wondering about a acoustic guitar of yours. There's a hole under the strings. I've seen you on some pics playing with it. Is this guitar something special? Are you too busy to fix it? Is it still alive?
I bought a guitar in Argentina and it still has some dust from the desert..
See you this sommer in Interlaken..
Go to Top of Page

Jefrey
= Cult of Ray =

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2007 :  23:01:15  Show Profile  Visit Jefrey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by endofmiles

Mr. Black,
I was just wondering about a acoustic guitar of yours. There's a hole under the strings. I've seen you on some pics playing with it. Is this guitar something special? Are you too busy to fix it? Is it still alive?
I bought a guitar in Argentina and it still has some dust from the desert..
See you this sommer in Interlaken..

The guitar with the hole finally died, pretty sure. He said so in an interview or live show recently.

== jeffamerica ==
Go to Top of Page

endofmiles
- FB Fan -

Switzerland
69 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2007 :  06:15:26  Show Profile  Click to see endofmiles's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote

This is very sad Jefrey,

Do you know where the guitar remains now? So I can buy some flowers..;-)

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2007 :  08:02:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hadjoke
I actually just moved to Santa Barbara, Ca from Traverse City, MI. I packed up the van and went with the winds and ended up here. So here I am 25 years old no commitments, any advice?

there's a free outdoor skatepark down by the beach.. south of State street

jamming good with Weird and Gilly
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2007 :  08:24:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HAs aneone heard aboot new album lol?
Go to Top of Page

Ernesto
- FB Fan -

Netherlands
99 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2007 :  10:23:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Charles, will the european tour this summer be a best of 93-03 tour or a bluefinger tour ??? see you in Rotterdam !!!!
Go to Top of Page

HeywoodJablome
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1484 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2007 :  23:57:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kees

HEY!

(Been trying to meet you.)

Charles, or should I say Mr. Thompson (or Frank or Mr. Black for that matter),

There is something that has had me wondering for a while. Having read through as much material as I could, it seems to me that you often talk dismissively of your work with the Pixies. I fully understand your frustration as said by yourself: “everything I ever do as a solo artist seems to be overshadowed by this other band called the Pixies”.

The point is this, you wrote nearly all the Pixies material yourself, and in my book certainly all truly great material. In spite of the insufficient recognition you have been getting as a solo artist, can you genuinely say that you are not proud of the songs that you wrote as frontman of the Pixies?

I had typed a whole lot of text here with me rambling on about how great your music is; for the sake of brevity I decided to summarize it as follows:

To me and doubtlessly countless others, you are one of the greatest songwriters and performers of all time. Should you ever feel somewhat down about the lack of recognition you get as a solo artist, I beg of you to remember the thousands upon thousands who do realize that the Pixies were merely another group of people fortunate enough to play in a band with you, Charles Thompson…

(I must sound like a 14 year old girl, when in fact I am a 32 year old guy, how sad is that...)

Are you by any chance the guy who runs the Tom Waits website at keeslau? If so, kudos young man! A scarily in depth site on a great artist but amazing nonetheless!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
OFFICIAL INTERNET TOUGH GUY
Go to Top of Page

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2007 :  04:52:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Violet's vocals on Bluefinger are perfect. A perfect compliment. Yes, give her a Queen Holds Court thread immediately.

turk99
- FB Fan -

9 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2007 :  18:49:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I view TLM as a rock opera. It starts w/ a record, the song reaches outer space, the alien comes to earth, and is destroy. it's really one big story, i'm assuming it was done on purpose...oui? non?
Go to Top of Page

mitzrael
- FB Fan -

Brazil
7 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2007 :  13:07:17  Show Profile  Visit mitzrael's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Charles, I´m a big fan, and i really enjoyed A LOT the opportunity of seem you guys on Curitiba, Brazil. Thanx for coming down here. Me and my wife travelled a lot just to see you guys, we also have a lots of kids, 3... You know how it is. They stayed with my mom so we could make a trip and see your gig. Anyway, thanx, that meant a lot for me. Next time you guys should try São Paulo, instead of Curitiba, much more fans here, big city, but im afraid you would have to play in a stadium, or else, it wont fit the crowd.

I was wondering if by any chance you will be back to Brazil someday, with the Pixies or solo. I mean, im sure you guys liked the gig and the brazilian reception, but, does a gig here is worth the trip for you the musicians and the crew? I mean, im trying to understand that so i know exactly if by any chances i WILL see you again.

Your fan
Alex

PS: My wife recently bought me as a birthday gift FMRM... the economy of my country is really hard on us, so, sometimes i gotta wait a lot in order to get your material. Anyway, its a BLAST!!! We have been listening to "In the time of my ruin" many times, over and over... the same happened to "fast man" last week... thanx again, sorry for my rusty english... cant wait to be able to buy the new album.

Edited by - mitzrael on 04/24/2007 13:24:25
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2007 :  13:50:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a lovely post.

Please pardon me, for these my wrongs.
Go to Top of Page

treetime
- FB Fan -

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2007 :  09:55:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is Frank's favorite song written in the nineties, not written by himself?
Go to Top of Page

Surfer Rosarita
- FB Fan -

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2007 :  20:37:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear Frnck,

How did you come up with the title "The Real El Rey"? It is a wonderful song and I can't wait to hear back from you at your convenience.

Surfer Rosarita
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  14:27:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am here for a bit...

feel free if you are here, too.

bf
Go to Top of Page

langdonboom
= Cult of Ray =

USA
260 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  14:28:07  Show Profile  Click to see langdonboom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What's up with the EDF project?
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  14:29:41  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
(Don Francis. I hope Europe is treating you well.)

oh yeah. i've always wondered why the keys solo was cut form Kiss My Ring but i'm happy to keep wondering.

Edited by - fbc on 06/16/2007 14:34:39
Go to Top of Page

langdonboom
= Cult of Ray =

USA
260 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  14:31:42  Show Profile  Click to see langdonboom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
also, I'm curious to hear your thoughts on Bluefinger being so widely dispersed at this time. And what exactly is the nature of Grand Dutchy? Ft. Wayne has been on constant repeat for me, which again, I wonder how you feel about - ie the fact that we all have it.

Needless to say, I personally have bought every one of your albums and many even the Japanese versions and I intend to do the same for Bluefinger and Grand Duchy, as I assume for most of those on this board.

Thanks for whatever you can say!

Edited by - langdonboom on 06/16/2007 14:33:16
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  14:33:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey Frank,

i'm going to be going camping through Oregon this summer (and Washington & Montana).. any must-see places you can recommend?

ps. how about a McCabes gig in old Los Angeeleze this Fall? for old times sake?

i'll buy you a burrito
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  14:36:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today is Saturday. I am in Austria. It is evening. The wine is gone. The buses wait as they always have. On to the next. On to the next. Next to Switzerland. Switzerland again. The wine is gone.
bffffffffffff
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  14:37:50  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
but the music it remains.
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  14:38:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by frnck blck

I am here for a bit...

feel free if you are here, too.

bf
[/quote

Today is Saturday. I am in Austria. It is evening. The wine is gone. The buses wait as they always have. On to the next. On to the next. Next to Switzerland. Switzerland again. The wine is gone.
bffffffffffff
Go to Top of Page

langdonboom
= Cult of Ray =

USA
260 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  14:40:00  Show Profile  Click to see langdonboom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Some pain is good - sometimes its good to be blind!
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  14:40:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by langdonboom

What's up with the EDF project?

i suppose on hold. logistics more than anything.
Go to Top of Page

Ernesto
- FB Fan -

Netherlands
99 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  14:43:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
charles, interested in a herman brood towel ?? see you in rotterdam muahhhh!!!!!

Edited by - Ernesto on 06/16/2007 14:45:01
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 55 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000