whats new with you?
Go to Top of Page

martha_promise
= Cult of Ray =

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  20:28:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Charles,

Have you ever considered doing a children's album? With a 6 day old son, my thoughts in the last few months has turned to music intended for young ears. (of course I already have my FB lullabye mix ready!) I just figured with the likes of Leadbelly, They Might Be Giants, Dan Zanes (and all the great guest musicians he has play on them such as Lou Reed, Amie Mann, etc.) and countless outher brilliant artists having done it, a Frank Black kids album would be perfect.

Anyways, looking foward to FM/RM and everything else... Thanks so Much!

Edited by - martha_promise on 03/20/2006 20:30:30
Go to Top of Page

BLT
> Teenager of the Year <

South Sandwich Islands
4204 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  20:29:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have but one question for you, Frank:

Molly Hatchet or Skynyrd?
Go to Top of Page

beckett trance
- FB Fan -

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  20:32:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank,

What's your favorite place to play in Los Angeles and can you please play there as soon as possible?

Spartacus
- FB Fan -

Australia
84 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  20:58:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Frank,

Along with a couple of other forum members, I had tickets to your solo shows here in Australia that were cancelled. Then there were rumours of a pixies tour down under, but so far no luck.

Any plans to head our way in the near future?

'I thought that I would stay just for a while'
Go to Top of Page

darwin
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  20:59:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dinner time in SF: Little Italy, Chinatown, or other?
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  20:59:38  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Frank, can you tell us about Dead Man's Curve, what we're for now calling "The Rabbit Song", and "The Water"? They're not on Fastman Raiderman as far as we know, and, well, they're all pretty exciting sounding! Are these the demos you were working on? Are these tracks from an upcoming album with Schwarma or that other band that starts with a P? Solo stuff for work with EDF? Covers from songs received via Seti@Home?

Anyway, thanks for stopping in, it truly is appreciated more than you'll probably ever know, and I hope that you're getting some time at home before you go abroad with your guitar and 'wandering soles' once again.

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Go to Top of Page

bonedry
- FB Fan -

141 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  21:13:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
have you heard the bad plus do "velouria"
sorry i was loud at the shows
Go to Top of Page

Blackhead
- FB Fan -

28 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  21:15:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Would you ever be willing to play Hedwig?
Go to Top of Page

ProverbialCereal
- FB TabMaster -

USA
2953 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  21:22:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm doing a short film for a school project about a guy who becomes addicted to fortune cookies. It's based off a Hubert Selby short story.

Anyway, do you actually eat the cookie part of the fortune cookie, or do you just read the fortune and giggle?

I discard the actual cookie.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  21:24:06  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not that you're asking me, but I eat it. Can't throw food away, after all, and they are tasty in a newspaper-clipping-with-sugar sort of way...

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Go to Top of Page

ProverbialCereal
- FB TabMaster -

USA
2953 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  21:28:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was too shy to ask you, Dean. Ya know, since you seem so popular on this forum from your podcasts.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  21:34:28  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hahaha, yeah, fine, leave the questions for the man. :) Just killing time 'till he gets here.

Go to Top of Page

Apesy
= Cult of Ray =

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  21:37:29  Show Profile  Visit Apesy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Frank:

Got a favorite Lead Belly song? Beefheart?

-=Apesy

Edited by - Apesy on 03/20/2006 21:40:32
Go to Top of Page

Visiting Sasquatch
= Cult of Ray =

USA
451 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  21:40:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will you release "ONE MORE ROAD FOR THE HIT" and "SNAKE OIL" on CDs? Please?
Go to Top of Page

Superabounder
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  21:50:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Frank. I echo Dean's appreciation of your visits to the forum. Very cool of you to do that: thanks!

First thing that ever drew me to your music was the unusual and unique interplay between your guitar and Joey's / Lyle's / Rich's / Dave's. I haven't heard FM/RM, but will there be more of that kind of thing on the horizon with your new work?(please) Your guitar sounds have always been where it's at in my book.

Also, what kind of stuff are you listening to and enjoying/being inspired by these days? Any good thai meals lately? (Sorry-just thinking about the little siam line)

I tend to think of human beings as huge rubbery test tubes, too, with chemical reactions seething inside
Go to Top of Page

tobafett
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1713 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  21:53:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Frank, two for ya:

did ya have a good St. Patrick's day?

do you have a fave sing-along-in-the-car song?

Edited by - tobafett on 03/20/2006 21:54:20
Go to Top of Page

ProverbialCereal
- FB TabMaster -

USA
2953 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  21:53:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are there going to be any unusual guitar tunings on Fastman Raiderman that I, the tab nerd, should know about?
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  21:54:49  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Have you found any time to read much lately, Frank? Probably not, but if so, what have you been reading? Any recommendations? I just finished a book (Cloud Atlas) and am in the market for another...

Go to Top of Page

beckett trance
- FB Fan -

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  21:58:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

Have you found any time to read much lately, Frank? Probably not, but if so, what have you been reading? Any recommendations? I just finished a book (Cloud Atlas) and am in the market for another...

I'm reading "The Singularity is Near" by Ray Kurzweil and highly recommend it.

mattb
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
474 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  22:00:36  Show Profile  Visit mattb's Homepage  Click to see mattb's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey Charles,

Why don't the pixies allow cameras at shows? I'm really into photogrpahy and love taking pictures of bands. It's kinda shitty I can't bring my camera in to pixies shows unless I sneak it in. Here's some photos I took of you guys I took in Winnipeg on the 2nd date of the reunion tour http://broszkowski.com/pixies/winn.html .

Thanks
Matt

P.S. Just wanted to thank you as well for letting me in for the Cleveland shows last year. I'm a friend of Ed's who was one of his plus 3 that went with him.
Go to Top of Page

MaxExactly
- FB Fan -

3 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  22:01:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank,

What interesting gifts have you spoiled yourself with since raking in some pixies dough the past couple years? cool new car perhaps? gold teeth?

And do tell what album you havn't been able to stop listening to lately?

Thanks for stopping by, hope to see you play NYC soon...
Go to Top of Page

Tainted
- FB Fan -

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  22:01:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Charles,

Ever have a go at the visual arts?
Go to Top of Page

bonedry
- FB Fan -

141 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  22:15:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
frank, wondering if you listen to much african music. the "ethiopiques" volumes have some awesome stuff. some of it sounds like memphis soul, some of it's pretty jazzy. jim jarmusch used some of the instrumentals from the series on his last movie. also johnny dyani, from south africa, a bass player who has some incredible stuff. also , the black disciples, who were jack ruby's house band in the seventies, have some really great jazzy sounding reggae instrumentals. robbie shakespeare was on bass, horsemouth wallace played drums. good stuff. i'd post a "you send it" but i'm computer illiterate, thank you so much for coming on the forum, that's a really sweet thing to do for your fans. peace.
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  22:22:36  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Frank,

Any plans to record with Lyle, Nick and EDF again?

Thanks for the music, we're lucky to have such a prolific idol :)

-----
I joined the Cult of Le Cigaw Volanttt
Go to Top of Page

jtanner
- FB Fan -

89 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  22:25:45  Show Profile  Visit jtanner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Let's go to the lobby and get ourselves a snack while we're waiting for the man...

http://www.filmack.com/products/ClassicLobbyA.htm
Go to Top of Page

lackflag
- FB Fan -

30 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  22:27:53  Show Profile  Visit lackflag's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Chuck,

I don't have any specific questions for you, but I happened upon fb.net when this was going down and I felt compelled to say hello. I'm going to watch Rocky now. I've never seen it before.

-mjk
Go to Top of Page

edbanky
= Cult of Ray =

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
388 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  22:37:04  Show Profile  Visit edbanky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's a mucking firacle.

$26 in my hand.

So can you please recommend a French dish for me (catching a plane in 36 hours or so--first time in zees country). Since I'm a big beef fan, I actually plan on the chateaubriand thing. Which reminds me,

Have you ever gotten a courtesy blink from a big rig? It happens sometimes.

--

Oh, and duh. Thanks so much for the 20 years of life fuel.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I signed up for the FrankBlack.net forums and all I got was this lousy signature.

Edited by - edbanky on 03/20/2006 22:42:25
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  22:37:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK. I AM HERE. SORRY TO BE SO LATE.
Go to Top of Page

beckett trance
- FB Fan -

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  22:38:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alright! Thanks for doing this.

bonedry
- FB Fan -

141 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  22:40:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
did you hear dirty old town from the pogues, or some older irish group like the clancy's
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  22:40:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HMM.... CAFE LIGIOIS FOR DESSERT? A SALADE LYONNAIS?
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  22:41:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tainted

Hey Charles,

Ever have a go at the visual arts?

YES....WHEN I WAS 12. MY MOM HAS IT HANGING....
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  22:42:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bonedry

frank, wondering if you listen to much african music. the "ethiopiques" volumes have some awesome stuff. some of it sounds like memphis soul, some of it's pretty jazzy. jim jarmusch used some of the instrumentals from the series on his last movie. also johnny dyani, from south africa, a bass player who has some incredible stuff. also , the black disciples, who were jack ruby's house band in the seventies, have some really great jazzy sounding reggae instrumentals. robbie shakespeare was on bass, horsemouth wallace played drums. good stuff. i'd post a "you send it" but i'm computer illiterate, thank you so much for coming on the forum, that's a really sweet thing to do for your fans. peace.

I SHALL CHECK THIS OUT...DON'T KNOW THESE RECORDS...
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  22:43:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Frog in the Sand

Frank,

Any plans to record with Lyle, Nick and EDF again?

Thanks for the music, we're lucky to have such a prolific idol :)

-----
I joined the Cult of Le Cigaw Volanttt

WHICH REMINDS ME, I OWE NICK A CALL...WELL, NO PLANS PER SE, BUT, FRIENDS ALWAYS INTEND TO WORK TOGETHER AGAIN...OH, BUT I HAVE STARTED A RECR4OD WITH RICKY (ERIC).
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 55 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000