Originally posted by fumanbru

quote:
Originally posted by frnck blck

quote:
Originally posted by kathryn

what's up, Frank?

I got some heaven in my head

cooking dinner.

how is jack's appetite? my little girl (born on the same date as jack btw , is a very good eater.) tonight i gave her whole wheat pizza with ham and cheese. Then 2nd course was pickles, yogurt, and whole milk.

"I joined the Cult of Frank/ cause I'm a real go-getter!"

jack's appetite is very good. he eats a lot of yogurt.
Go to Top of Page

HeywoodJablome
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1484 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  19:00:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like you need some kind of meat in that soup. The main course is it?
Go to Top of Page

kathryn
~ Selkie Bride ~

Belgium
15320 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  19:01:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Frank. Your answer put the Clash's "Bankrobber" in my head and compells me to ask you if you like the Clash or were, you know, influenced by them?

I got some heaven in my head
Go to Top of Page

HeywoodJablome
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1484 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  19:03:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I been makin' my own marinara sauces lately. Can't believe I ever bought it in jars!
Go to Top of Page

danjersey
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
2787 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  19:03:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
enjoy the grub ya'll.
Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1461 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  19:04:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey frank,

thanks for taking the time to chat it up with your fans. you really are a CLASS ACT... and a very funny person. i had the chance to meet you in winnipeg and you took the time to chat it up, sign some cd covers, and pose for a few pics. made my year! i listen to a lot of music but i have been listening to your music non stop since 1992. and i love how you keep changing it up. you are an amazing musician and i hope great things keep continuing on for you and your family!

Go to Top of Page

HeywoodJablome
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1484 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  19:07:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always thought it y'all. Not ya'll.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  19:24:40  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

ha ha. had to rely on subway once or twice on the road... it is...affordable.

Best... post... ever.

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Go to Top of Page

ccuadros
* Dog in the Sand *

Chile
1315 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  19:25:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Frank!! any plan for a southamerican tour....alone or with Pixies?? (or just CHILE!!!!! )
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  19:25:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HeywoodJablome

I been makin' my own marinara sauces lately. Can't believe I ever bought it in jars!

i know what u mean. i make a lot cast iron quickies. muir glen tomatoes has a fire roasted tomate product which works quite nicely if you don't have time to simmer all day.
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  19:26:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

hey frank,

thanks for taking the time to chat it up with your fans. you really are a CLASS ACT... and a very funny person. i had the chance to meet you in winnipeg and you took the time to chat it up, sign some cd covers, and pose for a few pics. made my year! i listen to a lot of music but i have been listening to your music non stop since 1992. and i love how you keep changing it up. you are an amazing musician and i hope great things keep continuing on for you and your family!

i tip my hat to you.
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  19:27:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ccuadros

Hi Frank!! any plan for a southamerican tour....alone or with Pixies?? (or just CHILE!!!!! )

sorry. not yet...
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  19:38:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Sounds like you need some kind of meat in that soup. The main course is it?

hmmm...not in a lentil soup. the simpler the better i'd say with lentil soup. meat with room temp lentils...like you might get in france...so quite nice.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  19:39:10  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Frank, as always thanks for stopping in. I've had the b-side collection for sometime but buying the tunecore compilations caused me to go back to a lot of them and I've rediscovered my love for those songs. They sometimes get left by the wayside because they're not on albums and I forget.

One thing I really enjoy are the moments of enlightenment that hit when the meaning of a song shifts completely from what I once thought it was. I had an epiphany with Living On Soul when I looked up ragnarok.

Anyway, no questions (unless you have a favourite or something from one of your newer albums that you think we may have missed - then I'll ask for a hint about which song(s) I should look at but), just wanted to say thanks for stopping in and of course for the music.

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  19:39:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

yes, let's hear it for the winter games!

have you been watching any events frank?

canada lost in hockey 2-0 to the russians and are out. i was very distraught. but local winnipeger (and frank black fan) cindy klassen won a gold today in speedskating! her 5th overall in the olympics, tying a canadian record!

i like winnipeg.
Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1461 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  19:39:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey frank,

ever consider doing a cooking show?

Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1461 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  19:42:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

canada lost in hockey 2-0 to the russians and are out. i was very distraught. but local winnipeger (and frank black fan) cindy klassen won a gold today in speedskating! her 5th overall in the olympics, tying a canadian record!

i like winnipeg.

i've lived in winnipeg for the last 23 years and absolutely love it! the people are great and lots of culture. some people say i'm fucked cause it can get pretty cold in the winter. but you just put on more clothes! you really have to check out manitoba in the summer! lot of fun.

Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  19:44:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

hey frank,

ever consider doing a cooking show?

HA. no. hard to type now. jack here...
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  19:45:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

i like winnipeg.

i've lived in winnipeg for the last 23 years and absolutely love it! the people are great and lots of culture. some people say i'm fucked cause it can get pretty cold in the winter. but you just put on more clothes! you really have to check out manitoba in the summer! lot of fun.

love touring canada
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  19:47:53  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I think, Frank, the last two times you've been up here it was in that awful transitional time between winter and spring. In fact, when you were here (I say 'here' meaning the Canadian prairies) with the Catholics you got caught in a freak April blizzard (very sorry still about that!). Then with the Pixies the weather was fine but everything still had dirt from the roads. Hope we get to see you up in Manitoba/Saskatchewan again sometime, and heck, maybe in May which is probably the best time to see it. Or harvest time, I guess, has a certain charm.

You could host your cooking show in the fields here, emphasising fresh ingredients and the importance of not grating cheese on your guitar's headstock.

I see the career move now!

Go to Top of Page

Frequency31
- FB Fan -

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  19:49:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Frank!

I had a question for you. I'm a U.S. History teacher and have always incorporated songs into a lot of my lessons. I'm currently developing a "History of the West" unit and am planning on using both "Ole Mulholland" and "St. Francis Dam Disaster" as parts of lessons. Anyway, my question is: do you have any thoughts (or objections) to your songs being used as a teaching method?
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  19:49:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

Hey Frank, as always thanks for stopping in. I've had the b-side collection for sometime but buying the tunecore compilations caused me to go back to a lot of them and I've rediscovered my love for those songs. They sometimes get left by the wayside because they're not on albums and I forget.

One thing I really enjoy are the moments of enlightenment that hit when the meaning of a song shifts completely from what I once thought it was. I had an epiphany with Living On Soul when I looked up ragnarok.

Anyway, no questions (unless you have a favourite or something from one of your newer albums that you think we may have missed - then I'll ask for a hint about which song(s) I should look at but), just wanted to say thanks for stopping in and of course for the music.

i actually like these comps a lot. love that belle isle. the dylan version so great. ours pretty good. i t was loud when we did that. m tepper was there. i think he contributed a wall of feedback as he was wandering around near amps while recording. he played, too, but a lot of feedback. love recording with that cat. great guy. totally wild player.
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  19:50:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Frequency31

Hi Frank!

I had a question for you. I'm a U.S. History teacher and have always incorporated songs into a lot of my lessons. I'm currently developing a "History of the West" unit and am planning on using both "Ole Mulholland" and "St. Francis Dam Disaster" as parts of lessons. Anyway, my question is: do you have any thoughts (or objections) to your songs being used as a teaching method?

i'm flattered. thanks!
Go to Top of Page

HeywoodJablome
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1484 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  19:52:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

i know what u mean. i make a lot cast iron quickies. muir glen tomatoes has a fire roasted tomate product which works quite nicely if you don't have time to simmer all day.

Yeah, I do about a two hour simmer with the ones I've done and they've been very tasty. Thanks for the tip on the muir glen and the cast iron quicky. I'm always up for a quickie!
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  19:52:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
back in 20. jack tired,,,

and he wants to type something...

?v   v b
Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1461 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  19:52:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

hey jack! baby fu here! what do you think? the picture is a bit out of date. i've got more hair now.

you've got a great dad! do you like honeycomb? i love honeycomb!

baby fu

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  19:55:49  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Haha, that pic is priceless Fu. I guess Frank's gonna' have to start putting those warnings on the discs. You know:

Warning! To be taken aurally. Do not ingest. Children should not be left alone with CD unless soggy liner notes desired and CD is safely playing.

Go to Top of Page

The Holiday Son
= Quote Accumulator =

France
1992 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  19:58:41  Show Profile  Visit The Holiday Son's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Frank, if you owned a label or a record company, would you release more of your own stuff or are you happy with one album released every year ?
Go to Top of Page

HeywoodJablome
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1484 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  19:59:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah, I got a question. I'd put a link to the topic if I knew how to do that but sadly I don't. Anyway, there was some mention of you and Morris T. appearing on Henry's Film Corner (IFC) for a performance. Just a rumor er what?
Go to Top of Page

fumanbru
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1461 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  20:03:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
hmmm...what can i say about fsrm? it's 134 minutes long!
touring...maybe west coast summer....

great to hear! the more music the better!

if the tour happens i'll try to convince the mrs to do a summer trip to seattle, portland, or san fran to see you play. i've never been there and that's one of our top spots for our next holiday. we were further north last year- in tofino bc on vancouver island and it was absolutely beautiful.

Go to Top of Page

TheScooper
- FB Fan -

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  20:39:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey frank

can't wait for the new record.

question: when's the next time you're going to make something loud. And by loud I mean really LOUD. You know, with screaming and stuff. I hope soon!

But in any case. Can't wait for the new record.

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

tobafett
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1713 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  20:56:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

back in 20. jack tired,,,

and he wants to type something...

?v   v b

I guess that qualifies as Jack's first post...welcome Sir Jack!

(we'll have him fixin' macs before you know it!)

Edited by - tobafett on 02/22/2006 21:00:45
Go to Top of Page

tobafett
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1713 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  20:59:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you see Walk the Line, FB? any Cash songs in yer repertowar? :)

what about "hello mary lou" by ricky nelson? I betcha it'd be a good cover...
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  20:59:13  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I like that his first character was the question mark. Inquisitive already. Not to mention coordinated since you need the shift key for that one. :)

Go to Top of Page

tobafett
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1713 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  21:02:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sign him up, Dean...he gets the family discount, right?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 55 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000