Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 55

ScottP
= Cult of Ray =

USA
618 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2005 :  17:57:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did he say he liked turkey?

I'm pretty sure I crapped my pants.... Yep.
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2005 :  18:00:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, but I'm sure he does. :)

"Join the Honeycult!"
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2005 :  13:23:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank, did you ever make it down the Pan American Highway? maybe you could take Jack.. father son road trip
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2005 :  04:50:48  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Broken Face

hi charles, brian here (from last week's interview) - it should be transcribed and up here soon! i guess that cat is out of the bag now...

Brian, is the interview close to being posted? I don't mean to busy you, just really really looking forward to the read.
Go to Top of Page

Foucaults Dog
- FB Fan -

Ireland
124 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2005 :  07:15:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Charles,
Taking about cats...okay a pretty tenuous link to the last quote and perhaps a dumb question...you wouldn't by chance be related in any way to Dr Joseph C Thompson who brought the first burmese cat to San Francisco in 1930?

We've been pretty lucky seeing you pretty much every year in Ireland in one context or another, but we're missing solo Frank badly. Sunstroke in the early 90s and Temple bar a couple of years back stand out as the most amazing gigs I've ever experienced...so if a family holiday on the Emerald Isle is on the cards, bring your guitar as a sell out venue undoubtedly awaits :)
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2005 :  03:54:09  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have taken the liberty of removing a member with a racist username and his posts. That garbage isn't welcome here and I have zero tolerance for it, whether in 'jest' or not.

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

hadjoke
- FB Fan -

9 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  00:35:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The king must reply soon. The subjects are restless. I'd like to say that I'm glad that I am a Frank Black fan and also glad for once that America is absent in promoting good music like that of el’ frank bibulous. It’s made for some really cozy venues where for a mere 15 bones I get to worm my way to front row and slam my oversized beverage to “whiskey in your shoes” first you grab it then you lift it then you pour it down. Man what a fitting tune for drinking away a lost relationship.

Frank, as for not addressing the crowd……, Well done. You have never been one to indulge in your lyrical content, nor that of the eyes of your fans. After all that would make you a rock star and then you would have to start humping the speaker system while you play guitar behind your back. I mean what do people expect long glance after your encore and a Chuck Norris thumbs up. Not me. That kind of confidence is born through ignorance and a false notion of self-confidence. From what I’ve seen over the years you’ve refrained from this pop “crap” and its cost you much riches but it didn’t cost you your pride. Way to hang tough buddy. You know Bono really talks you up in the Pixies Dvd. He says that “he knows somewhere deep down you have pop writing capabilities” and eludes that you could make it huge if you tapped into that realm of yourself. No offense if he’s your friend but Bono is indeed a “boner” (like that kid from growing pains) Soooo self indulgent. I like Bowie though. Some times I think Bowie is “the stranger that helped you when you were thirstiest” but he’s no stranger so I have to scratch that thought.

Well anyways I like all your stuff. I’ve listened to you dominate so many forms of music and the new stuff is my favorite to date. Sing for Joy is chronic. I’ve listened to that song over and over and it has a good quality of never getting old. The songs I like least on Honeycomb (this was no surprise to me) were ones that you covered. Violet in particular annoys me and doesn’t fid well with the CD. I think this song is sentimental to you because of your woman though.

Here’s a twist for you, can you please not make another Pixies album. I like the Pixies but I think your too old for that kind of shit right now and people are expecting too much. With the new stuff being so good anyways I say stay on track. Pull on my heartstrings a little more with all the new love in your life. Go with the flow, Pixies is done, do it for the cash if you need it but I’m so sick of every one bugging you about the Pixies. Nobody can seem to let that era go. It takes too much energy to make that kind of stuff and I feel like you’re mentally beyond it anyways. Ever since you guys broke up people have hounded the shit out of you about the Pixies, it bugs me because I like your new stuff better.

I could go on and on and on……….

Hadryn
Go to Top of Page

VoVat
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  06:42:36  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty sure Frank wrote "Violet."

"If you doze much longer, then life turns to dreaming. If you doze much longer, then dreams turn to nightmares."
Go to Top of Page

TRANSMARINE
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
2002 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  08:32:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hadjoke

Go with the flow, Pixies is done, do it for the cash if you need it but I’m so sick of every one bugging you about the Pixies.

Ha ha ha! This is my favorite part. Kinda like when Norman Bates says to Marion Crane, "I wish you could apologize for other people."

Hank the 8th was a duplicated man

-bRIAN
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  08:33:06  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fbc

quote:

hi charles, brian here (from last week's interview) - it should be transcribed and up here soon! i guess that cat is out of the bag now...

Brian, is the interview close to being posted? I don't mean to busy you, just really really looking forward to the read.

still am.
Go to Top of Page

Sam
= Cult of Ray =

Ireland
511 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2006 :  04:01:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Frank,

Every year myself and 4 of my friends book a few days away and catch a show of yours wherever in Europe you and your band may be, this has brought us to many nice places and of course Dublin is the place where we see you most. However this year no trip on the horizon, yes tragically sad i know.
I have read that you are enjoying your downtime and i hope you enjoy it to the full.
Anyway to cut to the chase, and maybe this is tad forward but we would be forever grateful if could could inform FB.net first if and when you might decide to rack up the few next solo dates so my friends and i can catch the show. L.A, Oregon, Nepal not really an issue ( Dublin Temple bar MC preferably), but we need heads up early to get the flights organised.

As Abba once so melodically sung, thank you for the music.

Yours probably clinically optimistic
Brother Sam

Edited by - Sam on 01/20/2006 02:56:38
Go to Top of Page

kfs
= Cult of Ray =

USA
889 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2006 :  19:32:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Frank!
We appreciate all the hard work you're doing and we're REALLY looking forward to your new music!!!
Go to Top of Page

astrosurfer
- FB Fan -

Italy
39 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  19:34:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
para pa pappa pa pa pa

the little thing who does my laundry, speaks no english...
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  20:01:13  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ummmm... neat!

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  06:27:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

hey charles - favorite beatles track? kinks? beach boys?

-Brian

you know my name 9look up the number0. well respected man. be true to your school.
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  06:29:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ScottP

Hi Charles,

I'm a big supporter of your live to two track material. Knowing the take is live, creates this wonderful tension that is lost on tracked stuff. I was considering taking a chance with my next project and recording the whole damn record in one long take. Aside from concert recordings, have you ever heard of this in-studio approach? And also, besides making sure we take our Zoloft, any tips?

that's the way they used to to do it. straight to the laquer...

I'm a walkin', talkin' Frank Black commercial

Go to Top of Page

danjersey
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
2787 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  06:56:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey frnck good morning. i was just out driving around town real slow diggin capt. beefheart thanks again for all the music
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6012 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  07:25:26  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I read Grey de Lisle recorded straight to the laquer on her last album

---------------------------
God save the Noisies
Go to Top of Page

FranknWeezer
= Cult of Ray =

USA
356 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  13:59:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frankus, good to see you posting today. Can you throw us a bone about your latest release, the compilation cd or the dvd project? Any St. Francis/ End of Miles driving songs on the new album? Anything to seek teeth into would be great.
Regards,
FranknWeezer
Go to Top of Page

tobafett
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1713 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  15:34:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you watched this one yet, Frank?

Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  19:45:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FranknWeezer

Frankus, good to see you posting today. Can you throw us a bone about your latest release, the compilation cd or the dvd project? Any St. Francis/ End of Miles driving songs on the new album? Anything to seek teeth into would be great.
Regards,
FranknWeezer

thinking about a podcast... maybe real soon... just finished the next record... i think comes out in june... baby coming in april!!!!.... been browsing a lot of mid century modern... dinner was a pretty bit hit with the kids tonight (i rule kitchen)... penne with my quick sauce (touch of balsamic syrup), some veggie protein, lots of romano pecarino, asparagus, romaine salad with homemade mustard vinagrette(olive oil, mustard, lemon, garlic, herbes de provence-our oldest drank rest of vinagrette from salad bowl), and, of course, some type of european sparkling water... lyric booklet or no? can't decide...

fb

Edited by - frnck blck on 01/29/2006 19:49:20
Go to Top of Page

HeywoodJablome
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1484 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  19:49:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes luric booklet por favor!

congrats on the new babe!
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  19:57:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by danjersey

Hey frnck good morning. i was just out driving around town real slow diggin capt. beefheart thanks again for all the music

sounds fun. frow gins.

fb
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  20:00:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Foucaults Dog

Hi Charles,
Taking about cats...okay a pretty tenuous link to the last quote and perhaps a dumb question...you wouldn't by chance be related in any way to Dr Joseph C Thompson who brought the first burmese cat to San Francisco in 1930?

We've been pretty lucky seeing you pretty much every year in Ireland in one context or another, but we're missing solo Frank badly. Sunstroke in the early 90s and Temple bar a couple of years back stand out as the most amazing gigs I've ever experienced...so if a family holiday on the Emerald Isle is on the cards, bring your guitar as a sell out venue undoubtedly awaits :)

ah. a vaca in eire. sounds perfect. we talk about just that actually. maybe when little ones get a bit bigger. heck. maybe we'll just move there.

fb
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  20:02:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mostasteless

Frank -
noticed you name dropped Django a couple of pages ago, and he has been an on-and-off again obsession for me for quite some time. Actually, I just gave a report on him for my French class today (story has it that he couldnt read or write, so his first few gigs showed up as Jiango Renard)!
Anyways, I was wondering if you had heard any of his electric work that he did at the end of his career? Like Night and Day, and I forget some of the other ones. All I've been able to hear are the electric tunes at the end of the Verve Jazzmasters set, which is not nearly enough! Have you come across any of his other electric stuff?(or any at all for that matter?)

hmmm...don't think i have heard the electric stuff. i'll check it out, thanks. ..just loaded some django into my pod not 5 minutes ago...

fb
Go to Top of Page

HeywoodJablome
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1484 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  20:03:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your an inspiration sir, I'll leave it at that.
Go to Top of Page

Levitated
= Cult of Ray =

Chile
652 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  20:04:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Mr. frnck if you ever come to Chile, don't forget to visit El Valle de la Luna, it's the place that most look like the moon :) I'll try to look for some pictures to share with the forum.

Saludos amigo!
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  20:05:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BrendanT

Frank,

I heard an old Blues song on the radio the other day and I also heard the story about the artist but not the artists name and am wondering if you can help.
He was/is an older musician in Nashville that would play on the street for a living until an RCA employee decided that they should record his music. Anyways, the record company wanted to try and preserve the sound of the street on the recoring so they added the sounds of screeching tires and horns and people yelling with the Doppler effect beneath the guitar and vocals. The music was incredible but I don't know his name?

Countercultivating Midnights
This world's a fuckin' stripmall!

i know the feeling, but sorry, no. i had a panic attack like that a few weeks ago over some 80s new wave song. was seriously bummed i would never figure it out. i was googling for hours when i should have been sleeping... would like to know who did "snake oil" myself...can't figure it out. i have it on a comp cassette with very little info.

fb
Go to Top of Page

HeywoodJablome
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1484 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  20:07:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh wait, one more thing. Your L.A. folk are jonesing for a one off show!
Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  20:45:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by frnck blck

quote:
Originally posted by FranknWeezer

Regards,
FranknWeezer

thinking about a podcast... maybe real soon... just finished the next record... i think comes out in june... baby coming in april!!!!.... been browsing a lot of mid century modern... dinner was a pretty bit hit with the kids tonight (i rule kitchen)... penne with my quick sauce (touch of balsamic syrup), some veggie protein, lots of romano pecarino, asparagus, romaine salad with homemade mustard vinagrette(olive oil, mustard, lemon, garlic, herbes de provence-our oldest drank rest of vinagrette from salad bowl), and, of course, some type of european sparkling water... lyric booklet or no? can't decide...

fb

Hey Chuck, thanks for the info, tips, and request for input.

Definitely the lyric book.

And how 'bout making the sheet music available for this next one. I saw a booklet with sheet music from your old band, really a nice item, and a nice way to share your music.

Thanks,
OldManInaHonkyTonkCoffeeCan

"I'm more of a self-indulgent epic kind of guy." King Charles IV

OMIACC - PostMaster of fb.net's Zenith threads
Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  20:55:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bet you and Jack will be spending even more time together the closer you get to the new baby coming.

Have you's picked out a name yet for the baby?

I wanted my two to have my same middle name, Garrett Ray and Maggie Ray, ala George Foreman, but the Mrs. refused. So now my daughter is stuck with Rebecca as a middle name.

Edited by - OldManInaCoffeeCan on 01/29/2006 21:03:34
Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  21:01:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, and by the way, which songs are your favorite so far from your new record(s) that you've been working on.

And, did you bust-out the custom-mod tele's on any of the songs.

And, which ones did Rich Gilbert play with you on.

And, who was working with you in the studio in LA.

And, do you plan on releasing the new record(s) on Back Porch.

And,...thank you...thank you very much....

Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6012 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  00:51:23  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Frank you rule! I would say definately a lyric booklet
most of your releases had one, and you are a great writer, so why not?

BTW, if it's a decision between either Highway to Lowdown on the record
or a lyric booklet, go for Highway!

Just one more thing, are you familiar with the english guitar player Richard Thompson?
He's on cooking vinyl these days, could be a nifty sessionman for you

---------------------------
God save the Noisies
Go to Top of Page

cassandra is
> Teenager of the Year <

France
4233 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  02:14:02  Show Profile  Visit cassandra is's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yep, I vote for a lyric booklet too. I've always enjoyed to have the lyrics going with the music, even if I don't always read it.

pas de bras pas de chocolat
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  05:29:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank back, yay! Congratulations on the new baby, Frank!

The inclusion of lyrics can spoil the mystery of an album sometimes, it suits some albums to include the words, though. It depends on what you're expressing, maybe!

pas de dutchie!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 55 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000