Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 55

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2003 :  02:14:54  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Now wait till I find something clever to respond, and you'll see!

Denis

"I joined the cult of Cult of Frank/Turns out he's the stupidest person on Earth"
Go to Top of Page

Cabonga
- FB Fan -

Antigua and Barbuda
53 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2003 :  02:54:58  Show Profile  Visit Cabonga's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, you won't beat this: Last night I met Frank and some friends at this place:
http://www.antiguanice.com/pizzasinparadise/index.html

Die Harder
Go to Top of Page

Stuart
- The Clopser -

China
2291 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2003 :  06:53:58  Show Profile  Visit Stuart's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So has Swimmer actually been banished from the forum??? And is completely gone???? Obvioudly if so he could easily just register as a different user and start again. Wow, since Ive been away it seems as if Dave has gone on a major crackdown.... good on you Dave!

Who's the man that won't cop out when there's danger all about?
Go to Top of Page

someguy51
- FB Fan -

Canada
30 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2003 :  08:31:16  Show Profile  Visit someguy51's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, just in case Frank comes back:

Thank you very, very, very much for playing in Calgary last spring. You've been my favorite musician for about 12 years and it was awesome to finally see you play live. Its a night I'll never forget.

So here's to you returning to Calgary someday!
Go to Top of Page

Leah
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
314 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2003 :  12:44:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just have 2 questions: after having seen you twice this year and twice 2 years ago does this mean I'll have to wait another 2 years - or just get off my arse and go move to massachusetts?
(heck, it'd only be the third move this year.../)

Every choice human being strives instinctively for a citadel and a secrecy where he is saved from the crowd -
Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Stevio10
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2003 :  03:31:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello from the Shetland Islands! Just wanted to wish you a merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Just a wee quandary, firstly would like to congratulate you on an amazing show on the 28th September at the Garage in Glasgow, hope you enjoyed playing as much as we enjoyed listening (and getting hit in the head by the crowd surfers boots!). I couldn't help but notice when Rich was doing his showpiece, i think during Nadine, you looked at him in a sort of mystified way!? Is he always showboating? (just kidding) Sorry to be over observant just found it quite amusing! Anyway, I have Viking chores to attend to :) Enjoy the festive season! Cheers to you el Jefe!
Stephen
Go to Top of Page

Jefery With One F
- FB Fan -

Canada
184 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2003 :  18:08:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll second that invitation to Calgary. Hope to see you during your next tour (whether it be with the Catholics or the Pixies).
Go to Top of Page

blarg007
= Cult of Ray =

USA
493 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2004 :  09:10:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
REPLY#674:
HA!

i didn't join a cult / Hale Bopp had the market cornered
-I GUESS YOU DIDN'T SEE THAT SKY..
when the clouds have turned to isles...
Go to Top of Page

Sugar denizen
- FB Fan -

Israel
21 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2004 :  11:30:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey frankie, when are you coming to israel? you can't keep me waiting much longer...

also, "Kicked in the taco" - what does "The new Morocco" stand for?

i'm baffled...
Go to Top of Page

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

Poland
4698 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2004 :  11:50:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what if the swimmer was actually frank under another different name? created to let out aggression and tension? oh dear.
Go to Top of Page

bolsak
- FB Fan -

8 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2004 :  23:24:08  Show Profile  Click to see bolsak's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Australia is still waiting Franky boy.
You nearly made it, i booked tickets to the other side of Oz to catch you...
I think its been close to 10 years since your last visit. Ouch.

see you when we see you.

Avram
Go to Top of Page

bolsak
- FB Fan -

8 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  19:35:18  Show Profile  Click to see bolsak's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
oh..and since everyone else gets to ask a question i may aswell have a crack.

Ever worked with, or considered work with Izzy Stradlin? (ex-gnr). I was always a fan of his work with guns n roses, a band who were semi-shunned during the nirvana explosion.
It was a relief to see the pioneer of the nirvana explosion (thats you frank) has gone back to the roots of that country/bluesy rock sound, which is very similiar to Izzy's styles. As much as i love the pixies and alt rock...something feels more homely and real about what you are doing now.....thumbs up mate. See you in oz when you make it here again.

avram
Go to Top of Page

iMaReaLiveWire
- FB Fan -

Germany
5 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2004 :  11:18:53  Show Profile  Visit iMaReaLiveWire's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i cant wait till he hits Deutschland again.

why am i Mr. Pink?
Go to Top of Page

rocketmorton
- FB Fan -

2 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2004 :  15:29:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey Charles--

when do you think you'll be stopping in Pittsburgh again? if memory serves me i think you had to cancel the last time because of the theft in Philadelphia. although ive been living in a cave for the past year or so and maybe i missed something. and bring that fella Reid Paley with ya! we miss him!

--rocket

Edited by - rocketmorton on 01/11/2004 15:37:04
Go to Top of Page

Chip Away Boy
= Cult of Ray =

914 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2004 :  21:33:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
when was the last time Fra Bla actually posted? we have been abandoned.
Go to Top of Page

IceCream
= Quote Accumulator =

USA
1850 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2004 :  22:59:04  Show Profile  Visit IceCream's Homepage  Reply with Quote
He last posted in December of 2003. He typed exclusively in lowercase letters. I wonder if Mereubu is dissapointed by that...
Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2004 :  08:23:00  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
rocket, you missed FB in pittsburgh last april - i was there - it was great

-brian

- "I joined the Cult of Frank / And they tried to cut off my nuts and make me put on a blue jumpsuit"
Go to Top of Page

spook
- FB Fan -

Ireland
31 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2004 :  15:26:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Frank, do you and the band play any computer or console games? D'you have any favorites, besides Pong? :-)

"Hiding out in the bathroom!!"
Go to Top of Page

Adnan_le_Terrible
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1973 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2004 :  05:49:03  Show Profile  Visit Adnan_le_Terrible's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just a stupid post to make this thread stay on the first page...

He says "c'est la vie" and takes another dive.
Go to Top of Page

ramona
"FB Quote Mistress"

USA
3988 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2004 :  09:42:13  Show Profile  Visit ramona's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think Frank has given up on us. We're a pretty schizophrenic bunch these days. Maybe he'll come on and post a completely new thread - but I feel like this one is o-vah.

"Music does not drag me down. Music lifts me up." - Frank Black
Go to Top of Page

IceCream
= Quote Accumulator =

USA
1850 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2004 :  09:58:39  Show Profile  Visit IceCream's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Maybe he'll post under a new name, claiming that he forgot his old password or something. We'll all be skeptical at first and have to go through trying to prove whether or not he really is Frank....pretty fun.

spook
- FB Fan -

Ireland
31 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2004 :  16:55:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Frank,
what's the funniest thing that's ever happened to you on stage?
:-P

"Hiding out in the bathroom!!"

Edited by - spook on 01/25/2004 17:05:18
Go to Top of Page

TheCroutonFuton
- Mr. Setlists -

USA
1728 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2004 :  16:36:26  Show Profile  Visit TheCroutonFuton's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hmm...I saw this was mentioned in the thread where Charles commented on his being mis-quoted.

Hey Frank...What made you want to record with a session band? I think they're very cool. It takes talent to do what they can do. Anyways...Goodluck with the Pixies reunion and God bless the Catholics...

"Join the Cult of Gunn / And Then You'll Be Destined to be a Rock and Roll Star of Epical Proportions!"
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2004 :  09:13:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey KING....a friend said it was rumoured you stayed at Bono's place the last time you played Ireland...really? Thats almost down the road from me...

Edited by - Carl on 02/08/2004 09:14:45
Go to Top of Page

tab
- FB Fan -

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2004 :  17:12:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why Winnipeg?

Since you'll be here, make sure to go to Alycia's for some fine food.

look forward to hearing you.
Go to Top of Page

airforce
- FB Fan -

6 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2004 :  21:38:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ThatOneGirl

quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

quote:
Originally posted by Miss Thing

What is the problem, folks? I (being Frank Black's girlfriend, of course) was just clarifying that I am in the position to assure the validity of Charles' postings (as his girlfriend) because, being his girlfriend, I'm kind of privvy to that sort of information, because, well, I'm dating him. As opposed to being a total stranger. Which I'm not. Cuz I'm his girlfriend. Yup.

Malax and Realmean, are you guys THAT bored that you have nothing better to do than to get on
a complete and total stranger's case and be randomly cruel to that person (who happens to be Frank Black's girlfriend...)??? I should be so lucky to have that sort of free time in indulge in random acts of emotional cruelty. But I don't. Because, in addition to being the full-time girlfriend of Frank Black's (did I mention that?!?) I'm a grad student, museum worker and a mother. I'm probably older and wiser than either of you. So have some bloody respect. Drink some chamomile tea or something and chill. My word.

By the way: I'M...TELLING...MY...BOYFRIEND!!

Yours,
Frank Black's Girlfriend
xoxox

That might be the funniest thing I've read all day. Also the first. But still funny.

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"

wow. umm how many effin times did she say "frank black's girlfriend" in that paragraph?

"you're so pretty when you're unfaithful to me"

OMG!!!! FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

airforce
- FB Fan -

6 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2004 :  21:51:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We're all talking to FRANK like he's just waiting to here from us. FUNNY! But anyway (hehe), if you're out there......My husband is SOOOOOOOOO excited to see you at Cochella (i think) in Indio, CA. We are in the airforce (Tucson, AZ) and he is freaking out that he is close enough to make your show. He loved you with the Pixies and LOVED you even more on your own (made it to a few of your concerts and didn't approach you in the crowd at 1st Ave. in Mpls nightclub as he wanted to respect your space) and LOVES the fact that he gets to see you with the Pixies again. He works 12+ hours a day flying the A-10 for our country and thus is not all over these fan chat sites, but I KNOW he is your biggest fan! NO DOUBT!!!!!!

Anyway, I am his biggest fan and I just had to get that out.

-Frank Black's biggest fan's fan.

P.S. If you happen to be in Tucson, AZ anytime soon. Please shoot me an e-mail and we'll get you in a fighter here at the Davis-Montahn Air Force Base! WORD!
Go to Top of Page

clemray
- FB Fan -

58 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2004 :  10:36:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, i just want to say you are AWESOME!!!!! I hope Frank takes you up on that offer!!

God bless you and your husband....and God bless America! yee-haw.
Go to Top of Page

The Calistanian
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1342 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2004 :  12:11:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mr. Black, you knew I lived near Winnipeg, didn't you? I thought so.

By the way, you and the band can chill at my place.

I'm a fsh with no i's.
Go to Top of Page

airforce
- FB Fan -

6 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2004 :  13:34:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Clemray! It's just part of our job...we ALL make our sacrafices in some way shape of form. However, we REALLY appreciate your support.

FRANK FOREVER! [/red]

Go to Top of Page

anazgnos
= Cult of Ray =

USA
381 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2004 :  15:14:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank's busy.
Go to Top of Page

tytarter
- FB Fan -

Costa Rica
19 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2004 :  00:00:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a quesion Frank. I talked to your mom in the bar at the Eugene show just a few days ago. Do you really live in Eugene? Man that is crazy. Do you know how much it rains there in the winter. I'd be heard for Los Angeles, not the one in south California. The other one. No I think that's awesome dude. I've lived in Oregon off and on a lot. Maybe I'll run into you at the store and we can drink beer and cruz for chix.
Go to Top of Page

tytarter
- FB Fan -

Costa Rica
19 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2004 :  00:05:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, one more really important question. I've always wondered if you ever slept with Kim Deal? Come on just tell us. I know your not Fleetwood Mac, but I was just curious. If not, how about the other band members?
Go to Top of Page

Suicide_Samurai
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
431 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2004 :  08:06:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it true that Kurt Cobain sprayed you with a fire extinguisher whilst you were performing your solo set at some show? What do you think of him?
Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2004 :  08:18:36  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tytarter

Ok, one more really important question. I've always wondered if you ever slept with Kim Deal? Come on just tell us. I know your not Fleetwood Mac, but I was just curious. If not, how about the other band members?

this is by far the stupidest question i've ever seen on this forum. not to be a dick, but stay out of the man's personal business. seriously.

-brian

- "I joined the Cult of Frank / And they tried to cut off my nuts and make me put on a blue jumpsuit"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 55 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000