Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 55

mereubu
= FB QuizMistress =

USA
2677 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2003 :  07:38:30  Show Profile  Visit mereubu's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Now, now, god forbid we should get El Jefe banned from his own forum!

"I joined the Cult of Frank / And all I got was this lousy icon"
Go to Top of Page

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2003 :  08:26:22  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, yes, but just for one week.

Denis

"In the Cult of Frank/You don't even get backstage passes"
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2003 :  08:46:00  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Heh, that'd be pretty hilarious, Mere:

Frank Black Banned From His Kingly Website

[Bronson, MI (Reuters - AP)]

In a bizarre series of events yesterday that culminated in a warrant for the arrest of Charles Kitteridge Thompson IV, alias Frank Black and Black Francis, Thompson was banned from his own fan forum, FrankBlack.Net.

Thompson, the indie rock legend who spawned the Pixies and a subsequent 11-year solo career, allegedly made a disparaging remark about one of his songs, I'll Be Blue*. A long time member of the forum, Justin Fargus*, whose alias was derived from this same song, apparently took the comments personally.

Fargus is then said to have attacked Thompson, his music, and his flannel shirts, spilling cyber-blood throughout the forum. The fight raged until the heroic efforts of moderator Dave Noisy (I bet you thought I was going to say myself, didn't you?) led to a cessation of the violence.

Thompson, it is rumoured, then posted a picture of Fargus as Tinky Winky in a compromising position with Po, and relit the powder keg.

"I was reluctant to ban Thompson at first, as he is, after all, the reason we're all here," said Noisy, "but when he took the personal information from Fargus' profile and flew to Bronson to 'Bury his fist in [Fargus'] face' and added a second hole to his Takamine, that was too far."

When pressed on whether the ban would be permanent, Noisy declined comment, though anonymous sources say that Noisy plans to enforce the ban until Thompson is acquitted of assault charges made by Fargus. Noisy would not say whether access would be revoked if Thompson was found guilty of evading arrest but not of assault.

Fargus has refused to comment, but Dean Katsiris, Thompson's lawyer as well as close friend and musical advisor (that's right, I got it in there), claims that Thompson was acting in self-defense in Bronson and that Fargus had instigated the violent encounter which also injured 326 bystanders.

While the question of who started the fight will probably never be answered, it is clear that Thompson and Fargus will not return to FrankBlack.Net until at least next week.

* Names changed to protect the innocent
----

Alright, it's Friday and I don't want to work. Maybe Frank will be lured back if only to clear his name. :)

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"

Edited by - Cult_Of_Frank on 12/05/2003 10:26:45
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3423 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2003 :  08:50:36  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thats damn fucking funny.

i can't wait to see it crop up on pitchforkmedia.com
Go to Top of Page

Carolynanna

Canada
6556 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2003 :  08:52:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
haha that is funny,
good stuff.
Go to Top of Page

bedrock_barney
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
871 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2003 :  08:59:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
very very good. That's why I come here folks!

"I have been enslaved by the Cult of Ming / He is ever so merciless...unlike that nice Mr Black."
Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2003 :  09:12:13  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Brilliant. hahahahha

Hey, anybody wanna bet this (Frank getting arrested and/or banned) is gonna turn up in an indie zine as a rumor?
Go to Top of Page

Deacon Blue
- FB Fan -

9 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2003 :  09:13:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good point. I thought it was real.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2003 :  09:22:47  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Heh, maybe I should take out the little giveaways like the comments in parenthesis. :) It'd be funny to see some overanxious news agency take it up.

Go to Top of Page

speedy_m
= Frankofile =

Canada
3581 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2003 :  09:37:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nothing like starting some rumours to get fb.net some exposure. Your next article could be a transcription of your interview with Frank where he gives the low down the Pixies reunion, and comes out of the closet.
Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2003 :  09:58:49  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hahaha...good one,i was seriously considering to auto-ban me from the forum due to the cat stuff but i'm happy there's always something worth reading.

join the cult of errol\and you can have a beer\without having to quit smoking
www.superabound.altervista.org
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2003 :  10:28:37  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have the former half of that archived somewhere, Speedy. Glad you guys are liking it. I think I'm going to dedicate my afternoon to working.

Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2003 :  10:44:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wouldn't surprise me. It seems loyalties lie with the swimmer for some reason I've yet to comprehend. Nice article:)

"I joined the Cult of Popeye / The CoF required my good eye"
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2003 :  11:20:31  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Loyalties lie with the swimmer? What do you mean?

Go to Top of Page

bumblebeeboy2
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2638 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2003 :  09:10:59  Show Profile  Click to see bumblebeeboy2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
that is hilarious! and yes, if it were changed slightly, so it seemed more like a real report, and maybe involved the pixies reunion, and we got rid of this thread that had us planning, we could start to circulate it, MTV would report it as fact, NME would follow suit, before you know it it's being widely reported that Frank Black is banned from his own forum, vows never to write another song again, Dave Lovering takes over lead vocals for the upcoming Pixies reunion, Kim replaces him on the drums, Kelly Deal is drafted in on bass, Joey is out as a sign of loyalty to Frank, Breeders guitarist comes in to replace, Kim announces Cannonball, Gigantic and Into The White will all feature in the new tour, Dave insists on La La Love You and Make Believe...

Ahh, I knew that drink at lunch time was a bad idea. But at least I'm a Dog in the Sand now! Yay!

~~~
I'm flat out, you're so beautiful to look at when you cry. Freeze, don't move, you've been chosen as an extra in the movie adaptation of the sequal to your life. Shady Lane, everybody wants one, Shady Lane, everybody needs one.
Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2003 :  13:16:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

Loyalties lie with the swimmer? What do you mean?

I just mean that The Swimmer should haved been booted a long time ago. I recently saw that Dave scolded someone saying that it was "not acceptable to speak to Jason like that." Why then is it acceptable for the swimmer to speak to people however he likes?

Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2003 :  23:52:55  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mainly because *most* people are mature enough to restrain themselves when confronted....and he seems more likely than most to react with hostility...

That wasn't very recently tho, i don't think...
Go to Top of Page

Thomas
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1615 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2003 :  07:43:12  Show Profile  Click to see Thomas's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Noisy

Mainly because *most* people are mature enough to restrain themselves when confronted....and he seems more likely than most to react with hostility...

That wasn't very recently tho, i don't think...

He has a history on this board, dating back a year, of hostility. How can anyone that's been here for a year not remember the *'Assholes / Dont ya rile em' and *'USA involved in Sept 11 attacks' threads. His posts are contradicting it makes it impossible to argue. That's why I stopped. He should have been warned and/or banned back then. You let him continue and he almost destroyed the board. Okay, maybe that is a little mellow dramatic.

(* Not the correct name of the topics but close enough)

Peace brothers and sisters.

Thomas
"Our love is rice and beans and horses lard"
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2003 :  13:07:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey stop badmouthing my ex!

"I joined the Cult of Trippy/...what was i singing again???"
Go to Top of Page

Chris Knight
= Cult of Ray =

USA
899 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2003 :  16:32:29  Show Profile  Visit Chris Knight's Homepage  Reply with Quote
*gasp* The cradlerobber!

;)
Go to Top of Page

Starla
- FB Fan -

Ireland
22 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2003 :  11:52:35  Show Profile  Click to see Starla's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey brackish! I'm from Ireland too.. yay.. joy of joys! lol @ cult btw .
*clears throat* In mY opinion, (learned) I perceive this fellow to be a befuddled simpleton!, an imposter!, and an excellent candidate for involuntary castration.....bauauaha!

Pulled down the heavens just to please you, to hold the flower I can't keep...
Go to Top of Page

Chris Knight
= Cult of Ray =

USA
899 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2003 :  14:36:52  Show Profile  Visit Chris Knight's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You talkin bout Frnck Blck or Miss Thing? Frnck Blck was confirmed to be Frank Black by the maintainer of this site.
Go to Top of Page

misleadtheworld
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2003 :  16:14:02  Show Profile  Visit misleadtheworld's Homepage  Reply with Quote
...and a round of applause for that maintainer, for this wonderful website and forum.

which one is he again?

"Joan my Clerk of Trompe / And You'll be chick-a-be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

Thomas
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1615 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2003 :  17:51:58  Show Profile  Click to see Thomas's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote

We've been getting way off topic in here. I'm surprised the maintainer of this site, Noisy hasn't closed this topic yet. Besides his comment in the 'Frank Black Live' topic today, I would hope he'd start a new topic the next time he had something to say to us and not use this huge mess.

Join the Cult of Kasso / Say you love Satan

Edited by - Thomas on 12/11/2003 17:56:18
Go to Top of Page

renai42
- FB Fan -

Australia
17 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2003 :  03:26:33  Show Profile  Visit renai42's Homepage  Reply with Quote
well, dunno if The Man still reads this thread, but in case he ever does, just a quick message. Dude, your music has changed my life in an overwhelmingly positive way. I can only say thank you for all that you have given us, and may good things come your way.

kind regards,

Renai

'take me somewhere cool'
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2003 :  10:29:41  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
haha - i'm sure FB has met bigger freaks than we've got here. =)
Go to Top of Page

ramona
"FB Quote Mistress"

USA
3988 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2003 :  11:05:59  Show Profile  Visit ramona's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's a scary thought.

Well, all I want to know in case he does deem to read this mess is: will there be a Spring tour??? Some of us freaks would love to know!

XXX. Em
Go to Top of Page

blarg007
= Cult of Ray =

USA
493 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2003 :  15:12:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
there better be a spring tour -with the money i saved from not paying taxes and robbing
faux santa clauses i was planning on seeing more thane one concert by FB&C's this season.
I might spring for buying frank a beer with the change.
-hey frank or anyone else out there: ever hear Ken Nordine's 'word jazz'??
-rebel without pause

i didn't join a cult / Hale Bopp had the market cornered
-I GUESS YOU DIDN'T SEE THAT SKY..
when the clouds have turned to isles...
Go to Top of Page

blarg007
= Cult of Ray =

USA
493 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2003 :  15:17:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
er, pardon the evil twin up there...
he's just jealous because i ate all the bacon balls and am going on the
Ribwich tour this winter...doh!

bet you didn't know
there was a good blarg...

Edited by - blarg007 on 12/15/2003 15:19:56
Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2003 :  21:25:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe I have a Ken Nordine track titled yellow . . . .

Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2003 :  02:17:35  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
wait...

Denis

"I joined the cult of Cult of Frank/Turns out he's the stupidest person on Earth"
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2003 :  02:18:56  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Look! This thread has 666 replies! Now don't anybody ever reply to it!

Denis

"I joined the cult of Cult of Frank/Turns out he's the stupidest person on Earth"
Go to Top of Page

Cabonga
- FB Fan -

Antigua and Barbuda
53 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2003 :  02:28:32  Show Profile  Visit Cabonga's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Six-sixty-seven!

Die Harder
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2003 :  02:50:16  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I hate you.

Denis

Go to Top of Page

Cabonga
- FB Fan -

Antigua and Barbuda
53 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2003 :  01:53:15  Show Profile  Visit Cabonga's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.sunderland.ac.uk/~os0tmc/occupied/vichy.htm

Die Harder
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 55 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000