Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 55

glacial906
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  00:51:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chris Knight,

If I were a musician, and I had the fan base of Frank, I'd probably be a little bit understanding of people on an unofficial forum who doubted my identity. I wouldn't think Frank would be pissed off. I'd assume that he would've taken the incredulity into account.

Quit trying to be Dave's yes-man.

"...you can see here by my grin I don't give a fuck..."

Edited by - glacial906 on 09/16/2003 00:53:20
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  02:05:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ha ha ha. This is great! I'm sorry. But it really is me. I'm trying to figure out how to prove it while not stooping to giving out personal info or have to get into behind the scenes emailing with someone...let's see...I did mention Scott's temporary replacement on the upcoming UK part of the tour...Joe Kidd...not too many people should know about that...what else?...I guess we could do a question and answer about my songs; that would eventually be revealing I suppose. Well, anyway, I'm not trying to waste anyone's time here, just having a little fun. I think ProverbealCereal was pretty funny. It's actually kinda hard to "prove" this without getting into something I don't want to...like....what color are Dave Philips' boxers? And even then, that doesn't prove does it. Something we can all confirm...I'll check the next page here for any ideas...

Fra Bla
Go to Top of Page

noexx
= Cult of Ray =

361 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  02:29:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how many fingers am i holding up? frank would know this one....
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  02:32:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, and by the way CultofFrank, the name of my "current" girlfriend was printed in a recent issue of the NME, so that really wouldn't prove anything. But not a bad way to try and get confirmation. Let's think of something else. OK. Here's some trivia. What songs does Joey S. play on the new album? It's not listed in the credits. Or. What does Van Dyke Parks play on Manitoba? Kind of a trick question. Not iron-clad proof....but more of a slow converting kind of thing. What do SPACE IS GONNA DO ME GOOD, BIG RED, JET BLACK RIVER and CAN I GET A WITNESS have in common? If someone actually gets that one I'll buy them tacos and beer. And what's wrong with posting from aol? I'm on the road, man. I don't have time to set up proper accounts at the moment. i need quick and easy. I don't even have a cable modem right now. Too busy. I just do shit, listen to the classical and jazz stations, and check my email. Oh. And I DO come here now and them. I guess i like to see what the gang has to say about the gigs mostly, or at the moment, scan a few reviews that are posted. Normally I wouldn't even read reviews, but it's so convenient and cozy here that I can't help but check it out. Well, enough of ME blabbing on...

it's CHARLES MICHAEL KITTRIDGE THOMPSON the FOURTH!
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  02:33:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
are you flipping me the bird, noexx?
Go to Top of Page

benwin
- FB Fan -

21 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  02:48:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, Frankie boy. I may not have a question that would prove to everyone who you are, but, if you can answer it, it would prove to me that you are who you say you are.

Here you go : give me the first name of the former light man for the Pixies who now has a recording studio in New England. And what is the name of the recording studio?

benwin
Go to Top of Page

benwin
- FB Fan -

21 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  03:01:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, Frankie boy. I may not have a question that would prove to everyone who you are, but, if you can answer it, it would prove to me that you are who you say you are.

Here you go : give me the first name of the former light man for the Pixies who now has a recording studio in New England. And what is the name of the recording studio?

benwin
Go to Top of Page

Retch
- FB Fan -

Ireland
64 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  03:03:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, i'm gonna join in this one.......Frank, when you last played Dublin, in June you went to dinner with some musicians from a band that were playing here that week..............

tell the forum what the first initial of each of their first names are ?

or if you are feeling playful, make an anagram of the frontman's surname ?

riddle me this........

This ain't no holiday.
Go to Top of Page

noexx
= Cult of Ray =

361 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  03:05:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by frnck blck

it's CHARLES MICHAEL KITTRIDGE THOMPSON the FOURTH!

well, according to this website your name is charles johnson, though i guess this proves nothing since it is wrong.
http://www.artandculture.com/arts/artist?artistId=792
Go to Top of Page

kempes
- FB Fan -

Ireland
49 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  03:53:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello all,

I dunno, maybe this dude is Frank or not.

Myself and my friend sneaked back stage to see Frank do some interviews before a gig in Vicar St,Dublin 2 years ago. We then got our pic taken, and quickly gave him a present of a t-shirt.

Who was on the t-shirt? Ok, he probably gets loads of freebies from fans and doesnt remember but maybe he does, if he gets that one right i'd believe it is him for definite!

I am still waiting to get my copy of the new album from the spinart site. I love DW & BLD from last year, listen to them all the time again and again. These 2 and TOTY I have probably listened to the most. I am going to miss the upcoming Dublin gig coz I have to go to a wedding which is a bummer for me! Frank, dont suppose an extra Dublin date is going to get added?

best of luck with the album + tour

Kempes
Go to Top of Page

guy_nolan
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
417 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  04:23:59  Show Profile  Click to see guy_nolan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
There's a very easy was to prove this, if you are the real Frank then just take a pic of yourself in front of your computer screen while posting a message as frnck blck, and upload it. That would prove you right for sure.
Go to Top of Page

guy_nolan
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
417 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  04:26:04  Show Profile  Click to see guy_nolan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Where's Daves input on this anyway?
Go to Top of Page

kempes
- FB Fan -

Ireland
49 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  04:38:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ya big eijet ya!

sure he's only just moved apt and prob wont have his webcam set up yet!

;-)

Kempes
Go to Top of Page

oddball
- FB Fan -

Germany
232 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  04:40:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Frank, I am an American living in Germany, real close to Ludwigshafen...what is the inspiration for Ludwigshafen on the Everything is New single? Is it about the town in Germany or something else? Looking forward to seeing you in Heidelberg.

Erik
Go to Top of Page

guy_nolan
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
417 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  04:45:26  Show Profile  Click to see guy_nolan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ok well here's another method then. It only takes about 5 seconds to plug a mic into a pc or mac right? Well if you are the real Mr Black meet all us unbelievers in an MSN chat and give us an acoustic session or something. :)
Go to Top of Page

Foucaults Dog
- FB Fan -

Ireland
124 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  04:55:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you ain't he that's ok, but if you are, one question please.
The Session you did with Glen Hansard... rather than going it alone, why he? Are you a fan, a friend, or just happen to share the same PR people here in Ireland? Believe it or not there could be a lot riding on your reply
Go to Top of Page

Foucaults Dog
- FB Fan -

Ireland
124 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  04:59:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, one other thing. How serious are you about Jainism? Does this extend to a karma free diet?
Go to Top of Page

Stuart
- The Clopser -

China
2291 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  05:10:51  Show Profile  Visit Stuart's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hmmmm.....

Who's the man that won't cop out when there's danger all about?
Go to Top of Page

Stuart
- The Clopser -

China
2291 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  05:12:16  Show Profile  Visit Stuart's Homepage  Reply with Quote
O.K. Frankie, here is the question:

Who's the black private dick whose a sex machine to all the chicks?

Go to Top of Page

guy_nolan
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
417 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  05:12:22  Show Profile  Click to see guy_nolan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
SHAFT! I couldn't resist
Go to Top of Page

Stuart
- The Clopser -

China
2291 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  05:13:19  Show Profile  Visit Stuart's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Fuck that was quick, and the wrong person to answer the question!

Go to Top of Page

guy_nolan
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
417 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  05:19:22  Show Profile  Click to see guy_nolan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
"We did three days in a row, working twenty-four hours a day to save money. We recorded seventeen songs (eighteen if one counts the secret one I have stashed away!" Gary Smith of Fort Apache

Shed some light please!!
Go to Top of Page

guy_nolan
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
417 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  05:22:22  Show Profile  Click to see guy_nolan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stuart

Fuck that was quick, and the wrong person to answer the question!

Sorry Stuart, like I said, just couldn't resist
Go to Top of Page

Jettison
- FB Fan -

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  05:30:29  Show Profile  Visit Jettison's Homepage  Reply with Quote
get some sleep and then go walk down burnside.

www.thecroakers.com

Edited by - Jettison on 09/16/2003 05:32:31
Go to Top of Page

Stuart
- The Clopser -

China
2291 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  06:51:48  Show Profile  Visit Stuart's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think that even if it is Frank then he's gonna get some people giving it 'this is bullshit' due to the anonimity of the internet. For all you guys know I could be Burt Reynolds!

But if this is Frank I'd just like to say a congratulations on the new album, it's a breath of fresh air and is some of your best work in my opinion. Keep up the album a year regime as I'll always buy your albums, even if I do have to get them sent to Beijing (which you could always play seeing as your bestest fan is here).

Go to Top of Page

deadlydoctor
- FB Fan -

USA
56 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  07:11:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unless he had been drinking all afternoon, I'm fairly certain it isn't the real FB. Check out http://forum.frankblack.net/search.asp?mode=DoIt&MEMBER_ID=74 and compare the writing styles.

--------
he’s tripping over graves • as rain begins to fall • and finally they escape when the shuttle bus is called
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  07:56:51  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Heh, I already made a post similar to this earlier, doc.
Stuart, welcome aboard! It's always good to have someone like Burt Reynolds. You may want to start your own thread.
Chris Knight, don't worry, according to 'frnk blck' he was looking forward to trying to convince us, so this sort of thing isn't a problem whoever it might be. Dave, Jim, and myself are looking into it, though.

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  08:16:17  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey guys, fyi this really is FB. (Sorry for taking so long to respond.)
Go to Top of Page

Jettison
- FB Fan -

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  08:19:30  Show Profile  Visit Jettison's Homepage  Reply with Quote
lame

www.thecroakers.com

Edited by - Jettison on 09/16/2003 08:26:14
Go to Top of Page

Cartland
- FB Fan -

Iceland
78 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  08:24:45  Show Profile  Visit Cartland's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is hilarious.
Go to Top of Page

BLT
> Teenager of the Year <

South Sandwich Islands
4204 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  08:34:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FB, I believe you've posted under other usernames just to fuck with people.

PS-I don't even own a medical boutique.

"I joined the Cult of Abe / I grew a beard with no mustache"
Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  08:39:36  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
FB - welcome back! love the new record - i think its the best yet. any news on the next US tour?

-brian
Go to Top of Page

Carolynanna
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Canada
6556 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  08:42:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And you guys were checking out writing styles....
How does Dave know?
Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  08:45:53  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i dunno, but he officially changed his title the "the man" so i assume dave knows for certain

-brian
Go to Top of Page

noexx
= Cult of Ray =

361 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  08:47:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by frnck blck

are you flipping me the bird, noexx?

nope i had four fingers up....man i had to hold them there a long time.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 55 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000