Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 55

Danishboy
- FB Fan -

Denmark
175 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2003 :  17:04:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What to say?I saw you at Roskilde festival in 96, the best that year. I just want to say i´m sorry about the singalong and shouting ramona all the time. But i was high on acid so hey. The greatest was when you gave a thumps up, it was a godlike feeling. Keep doing your own thing. Three cheers from the home of the vikings.

Man of steel
Go to Top of Page

mark t
- FB Fan -

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2003 :  05:34:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
happy halloween frnk, and all you spooks out there!!

feel pain , get gain
Go to Top of Page

oceanhunter
- FB Fan -

6 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2003 :  20:37:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi frank
Go to Top of Page

jackelope
- FB Fan -

22 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2003 :  23:06:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank,

I'm curious: What's your fascination with Memphis? It shows up in a bunch of your songs. And as a Memphian myself, I also have to ask what are the chances of you playing there on your next US tour?

And thanks sincerely for all the pleasure your music brings.
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6012 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2003 :  06:32:23  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Uhm, his ex-wife was in memphis (egypt) for a while...
that's all I know, according to the liner notes of the pixies-b-sides-collection-cd

"I joined the Culf of Frank/ And now I do not know what...to do"
Go to Top of Page

Someone
- FB Fan -

94 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2003 :  09:56:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank,

Why not come to Prague, Czech Republic? You are going all around it but not coming here. Its a nice place.
Go to Top of Page

FrankfanL
- FB Fan -

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2003 :  13:23:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blarg007

oh king,
knowest ye that i do trumpet the cause with the local AIR mavens(radio):
this is a quote of my own (from elsewhere in the forum: P****s reunion)
...so maybe I should figure out the proper quote procedure..
<...getting paid well to find out can't hurt anyone involved -i don't think
the high road of non sell out notoriety is exactly doing anything for any
of those involved right now -except charles in regards to his own self image he has done quite well for himself -but for crying outloud i pestered
XRT 'chicago's finest rock' mucho in the past months on why no frank black
-pretty much all the way to the top and they have actually said yes they
should be playing frank black and do and have played pixies,
but they get real vague as to why they are basically ignoring him
-and beleive me if you heard this stations playlists you would automatically see FB&C right in amongst 'em (j. hyatt as well as iggy, replacements, steve earle and every other americana geetar slingin' band)
it's actually wretched how they of course play the same cuts from bands
-relentlessly, even the Clash -when Joe Strummer died they played
'train in vain' (mick jones sings that one)after giving the memorium announcement that he had past -i've been going off on them ever since
-they can play ALL the beatles cuts and any stones cut -even the one
where they have to repeatedly bleep the word shit (from exile on main street).
-which is just stupid if you ask me -this is the kind of crap that staid,
moronic decision making panels corporate or otherwise do with radio and it is just so damn sad to watch -er hear.
i picked on them because they are a throwback station to the early seventies and still have the same DJ's for cripes sake and i figured they might actually have taste but the corporate polling machine is in place somehow and they (DJ's) seem to want to play stuff like FB but don't.
for me personally since the Pixies have that 'track record'
it would simply mean a little crack can begin because stations like this
would be actually playing it for the masses and being one to WANT to just
turn on a radio sometimes that would make it a little less painful.>
..XRT had a banner up at double door last time you guys were there
right where you sell your CD's and such -i guess this is better than sucking
but when i hear 'everything is new' i just absolutely cannot understand why
that song is not on that station -i guess i am simply pissed off that radio
has become this 'thing' based on a formula which somehow guarantees income
to all parties involved-oh well . . crap formula=.....'have you heard about
that new radio station? apparantly a country station has joined with a rap station
for maximum profit, it's called 'CRAP radio'...sorry, couldn't resist.
i just don't think that these formulaic, panel driven ways work for radio
-i think they drive people crazy thus making awareness of how bad it is a forgotten
blur.
blarg.
-.-.-...oh, and by the way -you are by far a better song writer and performer than 99.9% of the others (can't think of one but i figure
there may be someone/thing as eloquent and talented and i didn't want to piss them off..)

Did your therapist actually say 'show me your tears?'
-i picture more of a Sopranos type thing...
the Sopranos is a therapeutic show i found as it is always good
to know how messed up other people can be..
mine is a sweet old lady -she's cool though.
-i thought of this because i would think the satisfaction you
get in your work and the catharsis involved in performing
would pretty much do the trick.

lofts are cool -i live in an old bra factory
-which type is it that you are in?
..allright , allright i'm outta here.

I agree, Randy. I've been pestering WXRT for years to play some FRANK. It's still a great radio station, though. He actually played live on 'XRT back in 1994. Someone must have liked him back then!!!

Edited by - FrankfanL on 11/12/2003 13:44:59
Go to Top of Page

Miss Thing
- FB Fan -

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2003 :  13:40:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, youse guys,

I just wanted to give you all some relief -- YES THE PERSON THAT HAS
BEEN CLAIMING TO BE FRANK BLACK AND POSTING TO THIS FORUM IS ACTUALLY FRANK BLACK!! I know this because I am his girlfriend and I remember him saying that he has begun logging on from time to time after a prolonged absence. I actually am participating in this forum stuff for the first time today - specifically I signed up in order to apologize to his fans in Barcelona for the short gig a couple weeks ago -- my fault (see General FB Chat thread). Anyway, do not waste precious brain cells deliberating and comparing postings, o ye of little faith!! It's the King. That is him being self-mocking, by the way, you guys. He's not that delusional. He's a humble dude. C'mon, people! You're all so uptight!

Love,
Violet Grace Clark
Go to Top of Page

mereubu
= FB QuizMistress =

USA
2677 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2003 :  14:01:05  Show Profile  Visit mereubu's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Miss Thing. :-)

"I joined the Cult of Frank / And all I got was this lousy icon"
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2003 :  14:08:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey violet! do you really look like minnie driver or is that winne the pooh pic disalussional-ly-ising-thing... i dunno what i'm saying anymore. well, welcome.

"I joined the Cult of Trippy/...what was i singing again???"
Go to Top of Page

blarg007
= Cult of Ray =

USA
493 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2003 :  14:54:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Thing

Hey, youse guys,

I just wanted to give you all some relief -- YES THE PERSON THAT HAS
BEEN CLAIMING TO BE FRANK BLACK AND POSTING TO THIS FORUM IS ACTUALLY FRANK BLACK!! I know this because I am his girlfriend and I remember him saying that he has begun logging on from time to time after a prolonged absence. I actually am participating in this forum stuff for the first time today - specifically I signed up in order to apologize to his fans in Barcelona for the short gig a couple weeks ago -- my fault (see General FB Chat thread). Anyway, do not waste precious brain cells deliberating and comparing postings, o ye of little faith!! It's the King. That is him being self-mocking, by the way, you guys. He's not that delusional. He's a humble dude. C'mon, people! You're all so uptight!

Love,
Violet Grace Clark

i never doubted -but when i re-visited his first post he was sayin'
it might be fun for him to prove it was him so there ya go i guess.
-tell mr. B./T. we ain't so uptight and we send him love and fishes.
we're just patrons but that birds of a feather thing applies and for
what it's worth he does wondors with language and although 'king'
and all that is used (and does fit in context)he exudes all the best
human attributes for some reason and tongue in cheek seemed obvious from where i'm standing (wait, i'm sitting..)
-nice to hear from someone within the kings' court and hope all is well.

r
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2003 :  15:20:47  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Violet, hope I didn't offend you with that question: "What's the name of your CURRENT girlfriend?" way back when we were all a little skeptical. I kind of figured that not many people would know the answer at the time that was written and the 'current' was emphasised so I didn't get a name from the past. Anyway, I'm happy to hear you're better. And I assure you we have all accepted that this is, indeed, FB, though he has probably been to busy to pop by of late.

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

Malax
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1340 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2003 :  18:44:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I find it a little odd you refer to yourself as Franks girlfriend/girl a few times in both posts. Im aware you need to clarify but surely you can put it differently. I don't mean to be pointlessly bitchy (it just happens) but to avoid you needing to post that you are Franks girlfriend a third/fourth time you can assume we all know. Wouldn't want us to think you are the type of person who is like this...:

"HI IM HERE TO APPLY FOR A ....."
"Ok Miss, whats your name?"
"WHY ME? IM FRANK BLACKS GIRLFRIEND"
"O...k but whats your name"
"UH..FRANK BLA...."

...now would we?
Go to Top of Page

mereubu
= FB QuizMistress =

USA
2677 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2003 :  18:50:42  Show Profile  Visit mereubu's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aw, be nice.

"I joined the Cult of Frank / And all I got was this lousy icon"
Go to Top of Page

remig
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1734 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2003 :  16:09:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Malax

I find it a little odd you refer to yourself as Franks girlfriend/girl a few times in both posts. Im aware you need to clarify but surely you can put it differently. I don't mean to be pointlessly bitchy (it just happens) but to avoid you needing to post that you are Franks girlfriend a third/fourth time you can assume we all know. Wouldn't want us to think you are the type of person who is like this...:

"UH..FRANK BLA...."

...now would we?

I just can't believe someone typed this...

\ /
(°L°)
¤¤¤
Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2003 :  16:43:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by remig

quote:

"UH..FRANK BLA...."

...now would we?

I just can't believe someone typed this...

\ /
(°L°)
¤¤¤

a-hahaha. I agree, this whole thing is very fishy to me. I'm the ever doubting Doubter McGee but this just reads like a very poorly scripted joke. Maybe I'll be proven wrong, maybe FB's gf is a 12 year old lush braggart. Or maybe I've just offended the man and his woman but it's too late now ain't it?

"I joined the Cult of Popeye / The CoF required my good eye"
Go to Top of Page

Hordak
- FB Fan -

USA
180 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2003 :  22:33:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Frank!

I've read through this whole thread and don't know when you'll post here anymore, but just wanted you to know that your music is really helping me through a difficult time in my life right now -- namely my divorce which is coming up! I'm at risk of losing everything, including my house, my BMW and my furniture but your music really acts as morphine to a troubled mind!!! Thank you and keep it coming!!! I need it!!!

My wife has a split personality, and I hate both of them.
-- Anon
Go to Top of Page

Malax
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1340 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2003 :  01:52:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well...my joke was a poorly scripted joke seeing as I wrote it all. As for the rest of your post realmean, I don't understand it. Remig: I found it highly amusing reading both posts just how they were written. I found it hard to believe that a grown women would write such a post. If she is a grown women...my my my my my. Also to address the whole offending people issue. If Frank or his girlfriend (or anyone) are offended by little comments by 'fans' on a msgboard there is something seriously up.

I like Frank Blacks music FULLSTOP
Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2003 :  02:53:04  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hordak

Hello Frank!

I've read through this whole thread ...

man,that's what i call dedication...reading 17 pages of crap (including mine)just for 5-6 short posts by the man...if it's true i'm amazed.

join the cult of errol\and you can have a beer\without having to quit smoking
www.superabound.altervista.org

Edited by - mun chien andalusia on 11/14/2003 02:55:51
Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2003 :  09:19:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well...my joke was a poorly scripted joke seeing as I wrote it all. As for the rest of your post realmean, I don't understand it. Remig: I found it highly amusing reading both posts just how they were written. I found it hard to believe that a grown women would write such a post. If she is a grown women...my my my my my. Also to address the whole offending people issue. If Frank or his girlfriend (or anyone) are offended by little comments by 'fans' on a msgboard there is something seriously up.

I like Frank Blacks music FULLSTOP

I didn't mean you Malax. I was agreing with you and thought that the "girlfriend's" posts were poorly scripted. I too find it difficult to believe that any woman with half a brain cell wrote these posts.

"I joined the Cult of Popeye / The CoF required my good eye"
Go to Top of Page

Miss Thing
- FB Fan -

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2003 :  13:03:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is the problem, folks? I (being Frank Black's girlfriend, of course) was just clarifying that I am in the position to assure the validity of Charles' postings (as his girlfriend) because, being his girlfriend, I'm kind of privvy to that sort of information, because, well, I'm dating him. As opposed to being a total stranger. Which I'm not. Cuz I'm his girlfriend. Yup.

Malax and Realmean, are you guys THAT bored that you have nothing better to do than to get on
a complete and total stranger's case and be randomly cruel to that person (who happens to be Frank Black's girlfriend...)??? I should be so lucky to have that sort of free time in indulge in random acts of emotional cruelty. But I don't. Because, in addition to being the full-time girlfriend of Frank Black's (did I mention that?!?) I'm a grad student, museum worker and a mother. I'm probably older and wiser than either of you. So have some bloody respect. Drink some chamomile tea or something and chill. My word.

By the way: I'M...TELLING...MY...BOYFRIEND!!

Yours,
Frank Black's Girlfriend
xoxox
Go to Top of Page

Miss Thing
- FB Fan -

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2003 :  13:08:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also, I just realized that I don't even know what you pissy people are referring to, because I only posted the one time and yet you then quickly accused me of, like, milking the girlfriend thing in multiple posts. So I don't get it. Do you take electric koolaid with your cornflakes in the morning? I feel like I've entered the twilight zone. I'm so not into misdirected anger.

Violet

Go to Top of Page

Ten Percenter
- FB Enquirer -

United Kingdom
1733 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2003 :  13:20:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank, how are you enjoying the tour? Two more questions: Why did the track "Show me your tears" not make it onto the album? Also, have you and the band decided where you are setting up the studio for the winter sessions?

No man is an island, unless he is in the bath
Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2003 :  13:21:28  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

Also, I just realized that I don't even know what you pissy people are referring to, because I only posted the one time and yet you then quickly accused me of, like, milking the girlfriend thing in multiple posts. So I don't get it. Do you take electric koolaid with your cornflakes in the morning? I feel like I've entered the twilight zone. I'm so not into misdirected anger.

Violet

i don't think that they wanted to be cruel on you.it's more than they don't really believe that you are who you claim to be.don't get pissed off , uncle frank passed through this too.

Go to Top of Page

oddball
- FB Fan -

Germany
233 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2003 :  13:52:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you mean a track called "show me your tears" exists? That`s news to me. A while back, there were talks of Frank covering a (second) Bob Dylan song...might this be a studio version of Fare thee Well?

Erik
Go to Top of Page

Hordak
- FB Fan -

USA
180 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2003 :  10:48:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mun chien andalusia

quote:
Originally posted by Hordak

Hello Frank!

I've read through this whole thread ...

man,that's what i call dedication...reading 17 pages of crap (including mine)just for 5-6 short posts by the man...if it's true i'm amazed.

I also read the entire henhouse one day...

...yeah, I have no life.

-- Anon
Go to Top of Page

misleadtheworld
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2003 :  11:24:29  Show Profile  Visit misleadtheworld's Homepage  Reply with Quote
well if frank is still reading this....i just bought tickets to see you and your trusty catholics in the shepherds bush in london, and, do you still play 'hey' nowadays? and if you do....could you on the 1st of december*?* i suppose the replacement drummer guy (i forgot his name now) might not know it.... :/.

anyway i saw you in manchester and i saw you at the solo camden gig, very very very good. keep up the excellent stuff.

all my fucking love....

"Joan my Clerk of Trompe / And You'll be chick-a-be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

misleadtheworld
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2003 :  11:26:23  Show Profile  Visit misleadtheworld's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ten Percenter

Also, have you and the band decided where you are setting up the studio for the winter sessions?

stalker!! but a good question .

"Joan my Clerk of Trompe / And You'll be chick-a-be enlightened"

Edited by - misleadtheworld on 11/16/2003 02:43:31
Go to Top of Page

ramona
"FB Quote Mistress"

USA
3988 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2003 :  13:47:39  Show Profile  Visit ramona's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
[

...yeah, I have no life.

Yikes, I haven't even done that. How was it?

In a world full of caterpillars, it takes balls to be a butterfly
Go to Top of Page

Malax
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1340 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2003 :  19:54:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Miss Thing, you had posted twice once in here and once in the tours section. I do not doubt that you are wiser than me and I think if you find our posts cruel then you must have led a very sheltered life. It neither took me time to read two short posts or write a short post myself, so taking time out (from posting on this website) to post on this website was no real strain. Anyway apologies...reckon you can get your bloke to refund me on my t-shirt? (see shitty t-shirt thread)
Go to Top of Page

Hordak
- FB Fan -

USA
180 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2003 :  20:49:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ramona

quote:
[

...yeah, I have no life.

Yikes, I haven't even done that. How was it?

In a world full of caterpillars, it takes balls to be a butterfly

It was good supplemental reading to the archived posts.

-- Anon
Go to Top of Page

blarg007
= Cult of Ray =

USA
493 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2003 :  06:29:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i don't have much to say-
- wasting the frank black moment:
malloxx, brickass girl and carlnanna.

i didn't cul a joint -/- Hale/Bopp had the market squeezed

Edited by - blarg007 on 11/29/2003 13:08:29
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2003 :  09:32:46  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

What is the problem, folks? I (being Frank Black's girlfriend, of course) was just clarifying that I am in the position to assure the validity of Charles' postings (as his girlfriend) because, being his girlfriend, I'm kind of privvy to that sort of information, because, well, I'm dating him. As opposed to being a total stranger. Which I'm not. Cuz I'm his girlfriend. Yup.

Malax and Realmean, are you guys THAT bored that you have nothing better to do than to get on
a complete and total stranger's case and be randomly cruel to that person (who happens to be Frank Black's girlfriend...)??? I should be so lucky to have that sort of free time in indulge in random acts of emotional cruelty. But I don't. Because, in addition to being the full-time girlfriend of Frank Black's (did I mention that?!?) I'm a grad student, museum worker and a mother. I'm probably older and wiser than either of you. So have some bloody respect. Drink some chamomile tea or something and chill. My word.

By the way: I'M...TELLING...MY...BOYFRIEND!!

Yours,
Frank Black's Girlfriend
xoxox

That might be the funniest thing I've read all day. Also the first. But still funny.

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2003 :  09:36:06  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
BTW, can you share with us what you're studying or what type of museum you work at?

Go to Top of Page

Malax
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1340 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2003 :  10:03:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmm,blarg I had to read through your post a few times to work out what exactly it is your trying to say as your grasp of English seems weak at best. I will keep this rant short as you quite clearly aren't worth my time. Do you think I care so much about a damn t-shirt! Really? I started a post, fair enough, which turned into a rather amusing thread about washing and other silly things. By - "that is 100% no class to post the crap you did" Im guessing your just refering to the t-shirt thing. Its a god damn joke do you really think she will say "Hey Frank, some dumbass kid who bought one of your t-shirts wants his cash back" and do you think I believe she would or even I'd get my money back. I'd have to be one serious fuck up to think that.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 55 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000