S
Go to Top of Page

Foucaults Dog
- FB Fan -

Ireland
124 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2003 :  07:16:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PS
I must say though, your banter in interviews is incredibly entertaining. Perhaps it is more valuable to us patrons as it is limited to appropriate occassions.
Go to Top of Page

Foucaults Dog
- FB Fan -

Ireland
124 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2003 :  07:18:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One other thing. Did you play in Whelans after the Dublin show or are my friends lying to me again?
Go to Top of Page

Doog
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1220 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2003 :  12:15:23  Show Profile  Visit Doog's Homepage  Click to see Doog's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Frankster!

www.Nimrods-Son.co.uk

Do we have your blessing? Can we be Charles Thompson approved? Maybe we can do all those Pixies reunion shows to save you the work, eh? We make little money, so don't try to sue us.

If you happen to be at a loss for something to do in London next week..

Heh-heh-heh. You rule.
Take care.
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2003 :  13:22:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by frnck blck

quote:
Originally posted by Cartland

Have you ever contemplated coming to Iceland? It's a swell place, Dave Grohl says so.

wanna go...wanna go blue lagoon....wanna rent a 4 wheel drive....yeah...iceland

mommy, is frank crazy?

"Trippy"-Carolynanna
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2003 :  13:54:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank, the solo Camden show... last July... awesome! Thank you.

Mike

'Took his plane to Columbia/So I could sell at my school"
Go to Top of Page

Jose Jones
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1758 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2003 :  14:18:41  Show Profile  Visit Jose Jones's Homepage  Reply with Quote
frank,
you could do an awesome cover of "don't let me down" by the beatles. that would be heaven.
thanks for the music,
dan
Go to Top of Page

Valhalla
- FB Fan -

Germany
80 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2003 :  14:24:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank,
the Jainism is really interesting. Some years ago I read the whole "Pali Kanon", the writings of Buddha. But, who I admire most, is St. Silouan from Mount Athos, who lived in the early 20th Century on the Greek mountain Athos. I have really read a lot of books, but never read anything like this before.
See you in Dusseldorf, Germany, November 11 in the "Zakk", just 300 km north of Ludwigshafen :-)).

P.S. I love "Chip Away Boy". It's my most favourite song ever. It's so nice :-).

Andre
Go to Top of Page

Sir Rockabye
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1158 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2003 :  17:29:36  Show Profile  Visit Sir Rockabye's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mr. Black, all I can say is, thank you. Thanks for the endless hours of entertainment and all of the inspiration. What I wouldn't give to get over to Europe and see you on your current tour. I guess I'll just have to wait til' you get back to the US.

-Devoted Fan

"How many stars girl, can you both count, and then classify?"
Go to Top of Page

Little Black Francis
> Teenager of the Year <

3648 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2003 :  19:01:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Frank - check out this great idea!

My friends went to a Billy Idol show a few weeks ago, and Billy has a big truck with a bunch of CD burners on it and they burn the copy of the show and sell them from 20$ after the show. You buy your ticket for the CD before the show, and you wait in line for 15 minutes after the show and you have a copy of it.

I had never heard of this and I thought it was a brilliant idea.

I know fans would eat up those live CDs and you could make money and make many people happy and destroy any reason to illegally bootleg your shows.

I know you guys do it all yourselves, so maybe you could do it on a smaller scale, possibly print 100 copies a gig or something, as opposed to 1000.

Will you seriously consider this idea? Becuase I would be buying them all the time.

Just a thought I thought I would pass on.

btw I love the new album. When I play "When will happiness find me again" I always end up in tears... such a beautiful album.

Okay, thanks for being here. Goodbye.

-------------------------
ain't it funny how the goes
Go to Top of Page

noexx
= Cult of Ray =

361 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2003 :  22:08:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the problem with that is that if the band has an offnight or something you can't stop the cd's from being sold. they sign a contract before the show saying it will be sold afterwards no matter what. plus, you (the band) don't get to hear the recordings to approve them before they start selling them since they sell them immediately after the shows.....
it is a fun idea though for people to leave with a copy of the show recorded through soundboard and room mics mixed together......but i like trading for free....
it feels weird i would imagine to pay $10 to $15 for a cd-r
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2003 :  23:32:51  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think the biggest problem, since they almost never have an off night, is the fact that ClearChannel are actually behind this whole thing. Boycott! Boycott!

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2003 :  02:45:17  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, considering the show is often around $20, to pay that much for a copy of the show is..well..criminal. That's more than a brand new studio CD in some parts..
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2003 :  03:54:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ten Percenter

Hi Frank,

The Edinburgh gig was great! I think you should relocate here with the band, you could become Edinburgh's resident house band.

One question though, why did you decide to make the UK Nadine release a limited edition of c 1000 copies?

No man is an island, unless he is in the bath

Radio was not interested in Nadine.
What neighborhood in Edinburgh should I move to. I like it around Murrayfield.
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2003 :  03:55:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Scarla O

quote:
Originally posted by Thomas

A new song in the works?

quote:

I am a guitar player.
I am not a dancing bear....
I am a singer.
I am not a dancing bear...
I am a guy loading a trailer.
I am a cabaret singer.

I am not complaining.
But I am not a fucking dancing bear...

I may look like a dancing bear! Sure. I admit it.

FraNK

Thomas
"Our love is rice and beans and horses lard"

I like it...i think it would be an Iggy-style song.

Ha ha. It does kind of look like an Iggy song. Not a bad idea. Maybe I should write the next album here in my little court.
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2003 :  03:58:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Valhalla

Frank,
the Jainism is really interesting. Some years ago I read the whole "Pali Kanon", the writings of Buddha. But, who I admire most, is St. Silouan from Mount Athos, who lived in the early 20th Century on the Greek mountain Athos. I have really read a lot of books, but never read anything like this before.
See you in Dusseldorf, Germany, November 11 in the "Zakk", just 300 km north of Ludwigshafen :-)).

P.S. I love "Chip Away Boy". It's my most favourite song ever. It's so nice :-).

Andre

Thanks for the book tip. Maybe I'll check out this mountain man. I'll try to remember to play Chip Away Boy in Dusseldorf.

FB

[EDIT- Fixed quote]

Edited by - Cult_Of_Frank on 10/16/2003 10:15:30
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2003 :  04:00:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Little Black Francis

Hey Frank - check out this great idea!

My friends went to a Billy Idol show a few weeks ago, and Billy has a big truck with a bunch of CD burners on it and they burn the copy of the show and sell them from 20$ after the show. You buy your ticket for the CD before the show, and you wait in line for 15 minutes after the show and you have a copy of it.

I had never heard of this and I thought it was a brilliant idea.

I know fans would eat up those live CDs and you could make money and make many people happy and destroy any reason to illegally bootleg your shows.

I know you guys do it all yourselves, so maybe you could do it on a smaller scale, possibly print 100 copies a gig or something, as opposed to 1000.

Will you seriously consider this idea? Becuase I would be buying them all the time.

Just a thought I thought I would pass on.

btw I love the new album. When I play "When will happiness find me again" I always end up in tears... such a beautiful album.

Okay, thanks for being here. Goodbye.

Wow. That is a really good idea. Thanks. I'll have to think about that. Really clever.

FB
Go to Top of Page

Cheeseman1000
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Iceland
8201 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2003 :  04:03:16  Show Profile  Visit Cheeseman1000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Frank, while you're here...
I saw your show last night, which was fantastic by the way. (No Manitoba, though..)
I want to send you a copy of my degree thesis, which I wrote about the Pixies. I waiting to get a PDF version back, then I was gonna email it to you. Should I go through SpinArt?

"Lets me knife, knife me lets"
Go to Top of Page

cirrhitid
- FB Fan -

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2003 :  04:07:50  Show Profile  Click to see cirrhitid's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Dear Frank Black-
Do you have any plans to play here in Hawaii? The poi is the best in the central Pacific.
I love the new album. It is fantastic.

Cheers,
Kelly Boyle
Go to Top of Page

Ten Percenter
- FB Enquirer -

United Kingdom
1733 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2003 :  04:10:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

[quote][i]

Radio was not interested in Nadine.
What neighborhood in Edinburgh should I move to. I like it around Murrayfield.

I would suggest the southern 'burbs. You could babysit for us - my older daughter sings a mean Horrible Day and Bartholomew. The pubs are hopeless here though - my local is 2 miles into town. Great to hear that there are more FB and the Catholics recordings planned for 2004.

Incidentally, have you changed publishing companies? Snake Oil seems to be published under another company, and you said elsewhere is was a FB song.

No man is an island, unless he is in the bath

Edited by - Ten Percenter on 10/16/2003 04:22:35
Go to Top of Page

ramona
"FB Quote Mistress"

USA
3988 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2003 :  04:34:44  Show Profile  Visit ramona's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dearest Frank,

Thanks for two lovely shows (Brighton and London) I had a fabulous time and cried last night on the train b/c it was all over. I am wondering if you guys will record Fare Thee Well? Apologies if you answered this already. Also, do you know when you will tour the US? Spring?

Thanks. XXX
Emily
Go to Top of Page

steveplymouthuk
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
639 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2003 :  05:43:01  Show Profile  Visit steveplymouthuk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aww don't cry Em!
Brighton and London were amazing. I haven't stopped smiling yet!
and thank you for the encores, i lost my voice from shouting for them.
Come back to england as soon as you can frank!
Many thanks, steve
Go to Top of Page

bazza
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1439 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2003 :  08:58:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi frank
just want to say thanks for 2 brilliant shows (dublin and london).
cheers!

Television! Teacher, mother, secret lover.
Go to Top of Page

interloper
= Cult of Ray =

440 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2003 :  09:55:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank, I raise my chalace to your refusal to entertain a Pixies reunion. Some people just can't let a brotha grow up and move around.....

By the way, I overheard Kim saying that she was gonna kick your ass in the park behind school after fourth period....

Go to Top of Page

Valhalla
- FB Fan -

Germany
80 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2003 :  10:02:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Valhalla

Thanks for the book tip. Maybe I'll check out this mountain man. I'll try to remember to play Chip Away Boy in Dusseldorf.

FB

That would be great. Thanks alot in advance. You can see an internet-link about the mountain man, St. Silouan from Mount Athos, in my profile, if you like.

Andre
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2003 :  13:19:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bazza

hi frank
just want to say thanks for 2 brilliant shows (dublin and london).
cheers!

Television! Teacher, mother, secret lover.

yes, dublin was great. and your friend dave(p.) signed stuff for me!

"I joined the Cult of Trippy/ but i got no icon cos stupid Dean won't tell me how to make one"
Go to Top of Page

chango
- FB Fan -

57 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2003 :  16:03:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
howdy frank, had the pleasure of working with you a couple of times, once on the doolittle tour at "the venue" in deep ellum. i was the lighting guy there and had a good time assisting your lighting guy (milo?), class act all the way 'round on you guy's part. the other was a solo show you did not too long after that at clearview, which was a great show, by the way... one of my favorites i can remember from all the gigs i've worked.
anyways, hadn't seen you play since then (circumstances always worked out wrong), but got to see you and the catholics last spring here in phoenix (my new home town) and was pretty much floored. stayed down in front the whole time and never even went to piss cause i didn't wanna miss a note. really, really good. too bad about the 8 foot tall slamdancing assholes, but i saw you level that one guy with a stare and stop that shit... that was pretty badass.
so my question is more of a beg, really. lots of bands have been skipping phoenix and it's just really frustrating. i've been having to drive to l.a., san diego, and vegas (of all places) to catch good shows. PLEASE play phoenix again when you guys tour the u.s., it's a good town for the shows we do get, honest.
oh, and... if you need a lighting guy when you guys are here, i loudly volunteer.
-C

this is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.
Go to Top of Page

mark t
- FB Fan -

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2003 :  16:49:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
frnk blck EXP16 hmmmmmm
Go to Top of Page

Chris Knight
= Cult of Ray =

USA
899 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2003 :  20:51:23  Show Profile  Visit Chris Knight's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ten Percenter

Incidentally, have you changed publishing companies? Snake Oil seems to be published under another company, and you said elsewhere is was a FB song.
I think Frank said "The Snake" (from SMYT) was his. Surely you're thinking of a different song. Every time you mention "Snake Oil" I think of Kristin Hersh. :)
Go to Top of Page

stuzzy
- FB Fan -

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2003 :  20:53:48  Show Profile  Visit stuzzy's Homepage  Click to see stuzzy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey Frank,

Thanks for making music. It is much appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

mereubu
= FB QuizMistress =

USA
2677 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2003 :  20:57:35  Show Profile  Visit mereubu's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Andy knows all. Snake Oil is on the UK single for Nadine.

http://cookingvinyl.com/frank_black/discography.php

"I joined the Cult of Frank / And all I got was this lousy icon"

Edited by - mereubu on 10/16/2003 20:58:58
Go to Top of Page

DrBone
- FB Fan -

98 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2003 :  23:04:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Frank!

I'm from L.A. and I've met you a coupla times on the street and at signings and stuff. (I once told you my band covered Freedom Rock and you asked if I'd teach you the chords...)

Anyway, thanks for giving us some of the best shows I've ever seen. Seriously, since I saw you for the first time in high school off of Cult of Ray up until the most recent tour, I am continually blown away by your quality rock music. The last show you played at McCabe's might have been the most impressive accoustic performance I've ever seen, and mind you I'm getting old and cynical and don't like a whole lot of stuff unless it really kicks ass these days...

Bottom line: Thanks... and keep the rock and roll train on the rock and roll track.

-Dr Bone

P.S. Listening to Llano Del Rio rolling through Llano, CA with a car full of jokers yelling "Llano, Llano!!!" is nothing short of totally fun!
Go to Top of Page

Devils Islander
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
101 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2003 :  03:02:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Charles,
Just wondered if any of the inspiration for Massif Centrale came from the novel Perfume, by Patrick Suskind? If you've read it, you'll know what I mean. For those of you who are not familiar with this book, it features a section where the main character, driven to insanity by his preternatural sense of smell, elects to isolate himself from the rest of humanity by retreating to the Massif Central. Sounds a bit daft, but I assure you it's a spiffing read.

...where the Ballyhoos and the Tritons are.
Go to Top of Page

Little Black Francis
> Teenager of the Year <

3648 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2003 :  03:11:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
didn't nirvana base that one song from in Utero on that book too?

"all babies" something battered butter... I do not recall

I

nEEd ro rEad that fucking book.

Go to Top of Page

BrendanT
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
907 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2003 :  05:07:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank,

What current cover songs are you playing in rehearsal/thinking of playing? I always like the thought of hearing the Catholics playing a Travelling Wilburys tune. I think it came from a dream I had once?!

Strummer-man
I had me a vision!

It's step, hip, step, pivot! Are you trying to piss-off the volcano?!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 55 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000