Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 55

Ten Percenter
- FB Enquirer -

United Kingdom
1733 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2003 :  05:10:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmm, either Frank has spilled an espresso over his keyboard, or after reading the qs on page 10 he has run for the hills. Edinburgh, for those who are interested, is built on 7 hills - so he has quite a choice.

Hope to see you back here soon, Frank.

No man is an island, unless he is in the bath

Edited by - Ten Percenter on 09/24/2003 05:19:32
Go to Top of Page

Cartland
- FB Fan -

Iceland
78 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2003 :  05:10:52  Show Profile  Visit Cartland's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Have you ever contemplated coming to Iceland? It's a swell place, Dave Grohl says so.
Go to Top of Page

Hatchetman
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
234 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2003 :  05:21:05  Show Profile  Visit Hatchetman's Homepage  Click to see Hatchetman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi Frank, hope your rehearsals are going well. I'm really looking forward to seeing you and the band in London, Portsmouth and Bristol.

One question; Why don't you play in Wales? You've played in Scotland, England, Ireland, but never Wales. We have some great venues in Cardiff, Swansea, Newport etc. Please consider this for next tour. Oh and you should play on Easter Island for all the Moai statues, I'm sure that they would like it.

Keep up the good work.

Ps, I recently read a review of guitars that you did for Jack magazine. I found it funny that you mention expensive and vintage guitars (Martins, pre CBS Fender Telecasters and Takamine acoustics etc.) and the magazine people put a big photograph of a Squire Telecaster next to the review! A guitar that's worth about £125.00, the silly people.

Just thought I'd mention it.

Pps, I like the Martin guitar you have, it sounds fantastic.

Hatchetman
Go to Top of Page

Thomas
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1615 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2003 :  10:02:04  Show Profile  Click to see Thomas's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey Charles,

question:

Did you make a recording appearance with Taz Bentley and Todd Lewis' band the Burden Brothers earlier this year?

If so what song(s) did you work on?

Thanks,

Thomas
Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2003 :  10:28:15  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ten Percenter

Hmmm, either Frank has spilled an espresso over his keyboard, or after reading the qs on page 10 he has run for the hills. Edinburgh, for those who are interested, is built on 7 hills - so he has quite a choice.

Hope to see you back here soon, Frank.

No man is an island, unless he is in the bath

it's starnge how many important cities are built on 7 hills,Rome and Constantinopole among others...

Presented In Mind Control/Where Available
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2003 :  10:43:38  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Heh... love the new sig, mun chien. I didn't know that about Ediburgh or Constantinople, that is pretty cool. Most likely he realized that there were 11 pages of questions and decided their wasn't enough espresso in the whole of Europe for him to go through all of it. I wonder if he has time to look at the rest of the forum ever or if this is the only thread he can go through.

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2003 :  10:43:43  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi Frank
i was wondering about your collaboration with Gordon Gano,how did it come out?A record label project or appreciation for Gano's music?Any chance of covering a violent femmes song?("never tell"for example?)

Thanks

Go to Top of Page

Pete Egress
- FB Fan -

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2003 :  11:48:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Frank

Your music has pretty much been the soundtrack of my life for at least a decade now. :)

I have 2 short questions.

What happenned to your fascination with the other worldy and mysterious that was once so prevalent in your work? Have you "moved on" in terms of philosophic beliefs (you know, the old wide-eyed to the stars, UFO thing that I always found fascinating). Just curious.

Also, I was wondering if you would ever entertain doing any video work for the sheer creative thrill of it. I am an animator and opening a studio with a few other artists. We just finished a fully stop motion animated video for a band using the Fritz Lang/ Metropolis theme. Would you be interested in creating a video in such a style possibly using either 3d or 2d animation (perhaps with us :) ? Its a big download but I'd be interested in your take. (you might want to dis-regard the misic :)

http://www.rscottpurcell.com/CKY.mov

Also what should we call our studio?

Thanks! (looking forward to another Philadelphia tour some time soon)
Go to Top of Page

glacial906
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2003 :  13:02:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Frank,

For next time you grace us with your presence, are you gonna be around Knoxville Tennessee anytime soon? Nashville, Memphis, maybe..? I've never been to one of your shows, and you're one of the few people I'd drive a piece for.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Douglas Adams
Go to Top of Page

anazgnos
= Cult of Ray =

USA
381 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2003 :  13:47:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I get the idea that rather than abolishing payola, Radio as a format is now ALL payola. What with those independent promoters.

"Join the Cult of Frank / it's more fun than a trip to the Black Lodge"
Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2003 :  15:45:30  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

Heh... love the new sig, mun chien. I didn't know that about Ediburgh or Constantinople, that is pretty cool. Most likely he realized that there were 11 pages of questions and decided their wasn't enough espresso in the whole of Europe for him to go through all of it. I wonder if he has time to look at the rest of the forum ever or if this is the only thread he can go through.

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"

yeah and we're not making it any easier by replying to each other here...

Edited by - mun chien andalusia on 09/24/2003 15:48:58
Go to Top of Page

Chip Away Boy
= Cult of Ray =

914 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2003 :  19:26:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mr. BLACK
DO you see Pan-Am Highway being released on any upcoming CD in the near future, it's such a great song.
Go to Top of Page

brank flack
- FB Fan -

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2003 :  19:34:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it is on the robert onion single from dog in the sand
Go to Top of Page

Perhaps
- FB Fan -

133 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2003 :  20:11:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Frank -

Any chance of you doing a Lou Rawls cover? When a saw you in Providence you sang Duke of Earl apparently impromptu (broken front mic). It strikes me that you could rock the shit out of (or maybe into) "Groovy People".
Go to Top of Page

cvanepps
= Cult of Ray =

USA
442 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2003 :  21:56:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey FB,

Did you ever get to meet/talk to Joe Strummer? Those Mescaleros records are good but Earthquake Weather is the best. His death was truly shocking; an apt yet very sad example of the good dying young.

-= It's not easy to kidnap a fat man =-
http://christophervanepps.iuma.com
Go to Top of Page

dicebourbon
- FB Fan -

2 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  08:35:14  Show Profile  Visit dicebourbon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
it's strange how many important cities are built on 7 hills,Rome and Constantinopole among others...

Cincinnati as well (sorry to add to an already crowded space).
Go to Top of Page

bumblebeeboy2
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2638 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  10:27:21  Show Profile  Click to see bumblebeeboy2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hey frank, i'm willing to believe it's you for the purpose of this post, very cool thread! been trying to get through it all, very funny!

anyway going to the gig next wednesday in Manchester, was wondering if you have 'tossed - with lyrics' in your collection of do-able songs at the moment? i downloaded it a few months ago (a live version, obviously) and it's fantastic. In fact if you do do (do do do do...) a Oddballs 2 then I reckon you should do a studio version of it, heck just do one anyway as a b-side!

Keep on rocking! Was talking to your mates (and mine!) The Wannadies on Monday after their gig, can you name which country you last saw Pär in?
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  12:20:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"and its always yooooou, and meeee, alwaaaays..."
never knew frank was friends with them!

"In the Cult of Frank / i will eat you soul...heh."
Go to Top of Page

Bartholomew
= Cult of Ray =

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  14:22:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HUGE Bradbury fan here, Frank. Thanks for turning me on to him. What's your favorite book of his?

Also, is Manitoba going to be on a soundtrack to a Kevin Spacey movie? (old rumor I heard)

Call me Bart.
Go to Top of Page

Leah
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
314 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  14:33:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heya,

I posted this on another question thread that's lurking out in the boonies somewhere here:

I have a ton but I'll be brief...alledgedly!

1. The places you name in songs - are those the ones you've visited at the time or just random locations that spring to mind during the process or writing? Also have you ever thought about putting together a Pixies tour bus like the one the Beatles have in Liverpool?
(I ask this as I was close to buying a pennent with UMASS written on it during the famous blackout)

2. Do you currently hold any beliefe that we'll ever know the truth about outer space and live harmoniously with other nations on earth?

3. What was the worst tour & why? - did you ever recover any of the stolen bits & pieces?

4. Which albumn was the most gratifying to make/write/record?

5. In a ideal world if you could have your choice of musicians and venues and crowd to play to; which ones and why?

6. Numerology figures alot in your music - have you researched this or are you intrigued by patterns and have a set theory on their significance?

7. Is there a chance of you playing I will run to you in Edinburgh?
(its my birthday and I'm trekking up from the wilds of Kent nr. Dover so I figure its worth the asking)

8. The talking intro's are very much a part of some records to my view - is this going to feature in future recordings or is it more incidental?

9. Do you ever think it will ever be possible to see you & David Bowie/ Teenage Fanclub on the same stage? Have you talked about this at any time?

10. I'm curious as to why you played into the white at the underworld - threw me for 6 tell the truth - was it something you'd been doing a while or just a whim?

11. What's better: random or conscious logic?

12. What's the one thing is this life you'd not be without?

13. Have you ever stopped and analysed the lyrics to your songs or do you merely give them air and leave them alone?

There we go!

Thirteen toothsome questions!

Thanking you for your time sir!

Every choice human being strives instinctively for a citadel and a secrecy where he is saved from the crowd -
Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

davidvincent
- FB Fan -

8 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  15:45:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FB- What are your favourite songs from each album- ?- mine are-
czar, pong, mib, ghosts, billy r, robert o, san antonio, end of miles, coastline.........THO' ON A DIFFERENT DAY......?

I know that seems square- but hey !- its a square world, flat earth, there are aliens all around, area 51, we never visited the moon, elvis lives, i once met a sasquatch, there is a yeti, there gonna put it down -right on the strip, i'm watching my back, 'space travels in my head', d = r x t, give me a blip......../, COUNTIN HELICOPTERS on a saturday nite....., she tried to colonise space, ....sorry,
I'M IN A BECKETT TRANCE.........

HGWELLS- lives............
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  19:07:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey Frank,
what's your favorite Taqueria in LA? have you been to La Tequiza on 30th and Fig? i think you'd like it.
sincerely,
Floop
Go to Top of Page

glacial906
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  20:40:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Frank, why don't you just write one big long essay that answers each and every one of our questions, as the amount of queries we're presenting you with would fill a short book?

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Douglas Adams
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2003 :  01:29:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nomaduzzu

hello Frank!

my name is Miron Ghiu-Caia and I'm a music writer for one of the biggest publishing houses in Romania. I know all this may sound ordinary, but I must say it: you're a great inspiration for me. almost all the parties I've thrown and at least one hour/day are dedicated to your work. thanks for that, plain and simple. thanks for being such a musical genius.

second of all I must say that the song "all my ghosts" made me decide to visit my grandfather whom I haven't been seeing for about two years at that time. the coincidence is that he was just recovering from a serious surgery (i hadn't ANY idea) and that meeting was, to say so, his last moment of mental clarity. it's painful for me to say that, but here it is. i just woke one morning, recorded a compilation of your songs and went to the train for a 300km journey, although i worked that day. just like that.

I must say i totally love your music and i'm promoting your work the best i can.

i know it's probably just my imagination but i'd love to see you live in romania or near.

hope to hear from you. "show me your tears" is awesome - i love "massife centrale" and "the snake"

just a "hi" will do the trick ("then god is seven")

love you,

Miron

thanks miron. hope to see you in ROMANIA one day.
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2003 :  01:32:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bazza

charles.
whats your favourite tom waits album? (i guess bone machine - expect rain dogs).
also - favourite bowie album? (ill guess scary monsters).
cheers

Television! Teacher, mother, secret lover.

frank's wild years
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2003 :  01:33:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Doryphore

I'll rephrase my question a bit.

Frank, do you like Ry Cooder? Know him even? What are the odds of you & the Catholics ever recording anything with him??

paradise and lunch
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2003 :  01:34:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cartland

Have you ever contemplated coming to Iceland? It's a swell place, Dave Grohl says so.

wanna go...wanna go blue lagoon....wanna rent a 4 wheel drive....yeah...iceland
Go to Top of Page

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2003 :  01:41:14  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Frank, I won't go to see you opening for Placebo in Paris, mainly because tickets are a bit expensive, but are there any chances of an in-store appearance in the afternoon that same day?

Denis

"I'm in the Cult of Frank/Now how the hell do I get out?"
Go to Top of Page

Blackolyte
- FB Fan -

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2003 :  02:41:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Frank,

Do you have time to read while on tour? If so what books/authors do you read?
Go to Top of Page

supermikewins
- FB Fan -

2 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2003 :  03:16:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear Frank,
Welcome to Edinburgh, Capital of Scotland and indeed a lovely country to reside. It gets cold sometimes. Anyway I've never met a famous person in real life (Except Daniel O Donnel), but nevertheless I have tickets to see you tonight. It would be nice to get backstage. But I know I won't because security are nobs.
MY question is: How are you?
Yours Sincerely,
Michael Gunn
Go to Top of Page

bazza
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1439 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2003 :  03:45:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
daniel o donnell :o) he is quite a hit with the ladies over here! whats got 80 legs and no teeth? the front row of a DOD concert! heh ;o) im sorry michael i shouldnt be laughing - enjoy the gig tonight you lucky fella. cheers

Television! Teacher, mother, secret lover.
Go to Top of Page

Devils Islander
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
101 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2003 :  04:03:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On Sunday October 12th, as you have no gig, there are much worse places to cool your kingly heels than in Cowes on the Isle of Wight (just over the water from Portsmouth and Southampton). Shitloads of cracking harbourside bars & restaurants, more sailin' and shorin' than you could wave a stick at, and the chance to chill without ever hearing the words "P****s" and "reunion" in the same sentence.
We've already had Iggy Pop here this year (playing the festival), and Glen Matlock lives here, so mayhaps you could get together and resurrect the Stax Pistols for an afternoon.
Don't hang out in Ryde though...it's awash with po' folk on holiday.

...where the Ballyhoos and the Tritons are.
Go to Top of Page

blarg007
= Cult of Ray =

USA
493 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2003 :  05:26:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3205

sorry...
..iceland
..movie: cold fever
..silly post:

Posted - 09/25/2003 : 11:39:59

i know! lets all meet in iceland and each bring a boombox and we'll
each crank one of these songs simultaneously!
next thing you know dead animals are flying all around
and then frank black and the catholics will pull up in the catholics mobile
and jump out and beg us to stop...we crank 'em up a notch and then they offer to play
for us 'IF WE WOULD JUST TURN IT OFF' then frank sez 'O.K.,O.K. how about free admission
to all our gigs for one year AND an indian burn?!
THEN we shut it down, find a hotspring and a beer and all have a good laugh!

dunno man...indian burn from frank black would probably nip...although I suppose there would be glaciers nearby to douse the sting with

- Leo

Edited by - blarg007 on 09/26/2003 05:37:59
Go to Top of Page

Malax
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1340 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2003 :  06:02:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vilainde

Frank, I won't go to see you opening for Placebo in Paris, mainly because tickets are a bit expensive, but are there any chances of an in-store appearance in the afternoon that same day?

Ha I love this part of the msgboard

quote:
Originally posted by vilainde

Frank, I really really want to see you open for placebo. Oh wait no I don't or else I'd pay. Any chance you comin round to my house so I don't have to put any effort at all in?

Think what your typing people

Go to Top of Page

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2003 :  06:20:18  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Fuck you, Malax. I already have my tickets for Paris & Evreux, so it's not like I'm asking for free passes or anything. I'm just saying that Frank often does in-store solo shows, and that he'll be in Paris on Oct. 18th because the Catholics open for Placebo that night, so he COULD play in the afternoon at some record store.

Denis

"In the Cult of Frank/You don't even get backstage passes"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 55 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000