Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 55

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  12:48:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, there patrons.

Thought I'd hang out for a bit and take a few questions or whatever. I'm feeling chatty. Plus I get a kick out of this site. Not to mention the fact that it saves me the trouble of having to set up one of these things. Mr. Noisy will confirm that it is actually me I imagine; or maybe not. Maybe I'll just have to convince you . That could be fun. News item. Scott Boutier will miss the first 15 shows of our European tour as he has recently become A DADDY! We all wish he and his family the absolute best, of course. I'm very excited for Scott.

OK.

Later,

Frank Black

What do these smiley faces mean? Does this mean that I am cool? I hope so. I've always wanted to be cool. Not too cool for school, no, just cool, man.

noexx
= Cult of Ray =

361 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  12:52:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have a question....
how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?
Go to Top of Page

deadlydoctor
- FB Fan -

USA
56 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  13:06:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love the new album, it's a beauty!

Do you plan on releasing any more compilations along the lines of Oddballs, to get more of the hard-to-find stuff out to us hungry fans? Or what about a live album?

--------
he’s tripping over graves • as rain begins to fall • and finally they escape when the shuttle bus is called
Go to Top of Page

Atheist4Catholics
= Cult of Ray =

USA
925 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  13:12:00  Show Profile  Visit Atheist4Catholics's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They just aren't even trying these days, are they?

www.mp3.com/clootie
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  13:12:12  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, you're really Frank Black...uh huh... *rolls eyes* Cause we all know, you'd need 2 different accounts to post from.

"I joined the Cult of Frank / But I don't post every 5 fucking minutes"
Go to Top of Page

BLT
> Teenager of the Year <

South Sandwich Islands
4204 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  13:18:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you're really Frank, you will know the answer to this question...

Last week you visited my medical boutique to be fitted for a hernia truss. What was the size and pattern of the device you bought?

"I joined the Cult of Abe / I grew a beard with no mustache"
Go to Top of Page

Ebb Vicious
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1162 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  14:21:20  Show Profile  Visit Ebb Vicious's Homepage  Reply with Quote

yeah frank posts a lot like a semi-retarded adolescent.
Go to Top of Page

Wowee_Zowee
- FB Fan -

Belgium
81 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  14:24:29  Show Profile  Visit Wowee_Zowee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow, dude, you're, like, so funny and stuff.

Even if you're Michael or Janet: it's a sad, sad planet.
Go to Top of Page

Ebb Vicious
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1162 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  15:03:45  Show Profile  Visit Ebb Vicious's Homepage  Reply with Quote
you're not even trying any more. lame.
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  15:03:46  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi frank (dutch spelling)

who will replace scott on the first euro dates?
and did this news came all of a sudden?
like scott hadn't noticed that his wife/girlfriend was pregnant
otherwise it wouldn't been really news to you or what?

''it's not a box, it's a submarine''
Go to Top of Page

the swimmer
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1602 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  15:12:40  Show Profile  Visit the swimmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, if I am fooled, I guess I am a fool, but Hi Frank. I love SMYT and think it's great as usual.

Please come back to Nashville. People are still talking about the show you guys did here.

"Winter blows through my coat"

the what four http://www.mp3.com/phelan
Go to Top of Page

IceCream
= Quote Accumulator =

USA
1850 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  16:07:46  Show Profile  Visit IceCream's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Really unsure about if this is Charles Thompson, despite that most of his statements are accurate. Anyway, one question, or request: Please tell me the reason that there is such a very very small number of times that the following songs were played live (I'm pretty sure they were never played live at all):

Surf Epic
Pray for the Girls
The Adventure and the Resolution
Go to Top of Page

chickenwithtwoheads
= Cult of Ray =

Netherlands
391 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  16:18:56  Show Profile  Visit chickenwithtwoheads's Homepage  Click to see chickenwithtwoheads's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Franck Lack...

I'm bored with the valleys and bored by the peaks. So I bought a ticket to the freaks
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  16:22:03  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK, "Frank Black", if that is your real name...if you want to win the rest of the forum over, you can start with me. If you can convince me, then you're set. Let's play a game. There are questions that anyone could answer with a little research, but here's one that I've come up with that Charles Thompson would know:

Who is Jeremy Dubs, and what is his phone number? Bonus question, is it a home phone (landline) or cell phone?

You don't have to answer publicly, you can privately contact me. In fact, I'd prefer you don't give out his phone number publicly.

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  16:24:51  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Alright, so being the leader of the illustrious cult that operates in your honour, I do have a question or two up my sleeve that should prove one way or the other who you are. Or at least how much you know about His Excellency. Let's start with a couple easy ones:

1) What's the name of your CURRENT girlfriend?

And then, just to go along with the fun of having you pretend to be Frank Black, I'll ask you a fan question:

Are you planning to bring back some old favourites from your earlier career (Teenager of the Year, orange album, etc) back? If so, which songs have you been considering.

Don't worry, folks. All bets have been successfully hedged. :)

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

Foucaults Dog
- FB Fan -

Ireland
124 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  16:28:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's the whole thing about this internet stuff...anonymity..we'll never know. But what the hell, if it can keep us away from the lure of evil corporate TV giants, even just for a while, and keep conversation alive I say it's all good.

So If that was really Frank, all I can say is thanks for enriching my life for the past 15 years or so, and see ya in October... if not what the hell? It's not like the writtings of someone pretending to be something they're not can have such grave consequences. Well ok, maybe thats not entirely true, there is the bible and we know what that collection of stories has caused. But hey we're all enlightened... aren't we?
Go to Top of Page

mereubu
= FB QuizMistress =

USA
2677 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  16:49:10  Show Profile  Visit mereubu's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ding-dangit, I take one sick day from the forum and look what happens! I don't know what to make of these goings-on, but I'll be on my best behavior (just in case). Here are my questions:

1. Why is everyone moving to Portland? (Just lost my sister to Vancouver, WA across the river.)

2. Didja ever get to look at the book I gave you in Little Rock? I enjoyed our brief chat about Scherezade and Rimsky-Korsakov.

Off to take some antibiotics. Thanks for the tunes.

"I joined the Cult of Frank / And all I got was this lousy icon"
Go to Top of Page

mereubu
= FB QuizMistress =

USA
2677 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  16:51:49  Show Profile  Visit mereubu's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh hey, and that's great news for the family Boutier. Babies are the best.

Go to Top of Page

peter radiator
= Cult of Ray =

USA
649 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  16:55:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank,
If it is you - thanks for the great new record.

I dig the "Ballad of Thin Man" vibe on "New House of The Pope", and as far as I'm concerned, the squeaky piano bench makes the whole record (and I'm not kidding).

I went out and bought a bottle of that the other day just to give it a try, and was very pleasantly surprised. I imagine it was much cheaper while you were in France...

I'm most curious to know what you and the rest of your musical associates made of the MP3 tribute album some of us worked on a while back. I appreciate the fact that you let us do it gratis, and hope the boys in the band dug it as well as yourself.

Take care, and don't let the bastards get you down.

~ Peter Radiator

"Real music is out there and real people are making it." ~ Webb Wilder
Go to Top of Page

Foucaults Dog
- FB Fan -

Ireland
124 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  17:00:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by mereubu
Babies are the best.

Kittens are alot easier though!
Go to Top of Page

NimrodsSon
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1938 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  17:29:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know, it seems like he was kind-of avoiding Jim's question, but I don't think anyone who is cool enough to like the music of his excellency would be lame enough to fake all of this. So, just in case... I don't have any questions, but the new record kicks ass. Oh actually I do have a question that many of us want to know. Who plays what on each track of the new album?
Go to Top of Page

Cartland
- FB Fan -

Iceland
78 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  18:36:21  Show Profile  Visit Cartland's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I thought you were born on March 4 1964, which would make you 39, not 38? Am I wrong? Is it 1965?
Go to Top of Page

mereubu
= FB QuizMistress =

USA
2677 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  18:42:04  Show Profile  Visit mereubu's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's all in the songs, Cartland. "Wish I could go back to '55/Ten before I was burned alive." 1965 is the year of The Snake.

Still love your version of Superabound, BTW.

Go to Top of Page

Cartland
- FB Fan -

Iceland
78 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  18:49:32  Show Profile  Visit Cartland's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok, so much for my groundbreaking detective work. Thanks m.

Based on this new information, I'm convinced. It's the King.

Edited by - Cartland on 09/15/2003 18:50:38
Go to Top of Page

noexx
= Cult of Ray =

361 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  19:27:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
can't someone check his IP he is posting with and compare to someone else here...i don't think frank would ever call himself the king or use tags like "TOTY".....
Go to Top of Page

Itchload
= Cult of Ray =

USA
891 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  19:37:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey there Frnk Blck...since you're a fellow Umass student, a way to prove it's really you would be to give one funny detail about Umass that you'd only know from going here. I know you did some lyrical research in our library for Teenager or the Year, so you've at least swung by here in the last 10 years, most likely more often than that given your penchant for touring in the area.

That said, I'm very very skeptical. You've posted nearly as much in the last 5 hours as you'd previously posted in the last year.

Edited by - Itchload on 09/15/2003 19:44:42
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  19:49:47  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I can't believe there are people actually defending this guy and thanking him as if he were the real Frank Black. I guess some of you are relatively new to the internet...

He obviously has some sort of inside info. Of all things, he's posting from AOL, so there you go.

Go to Top of Page

noexx
= Cult of Ray =

361 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  19:59:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i like to eat

Edited by - noexx on 09/15/2003 20:09:40
Go to Top of Page

ProverbialCereal
- FB TabMaster -

USA
2953 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  20:11:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here are some questions that only the real Frank Black would know:

Finish the sentence:
"On a wave of __________."
"Where is my _______?" (HINT: begins with "M")

Trivia:
What band prior to your solo career did you play in?
Who was the lead guitarist for that group?

"I joined the Cult of Frank / But I got tired of hovering."

Edited by - ProverbialCereal on 09/15/2003 20:13:22
Go to Top of Page

noexx
= Cult of Ray =

361 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  20:14:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ahhh, i guess the best thing for us is to just not post here anymore. but when someone ont he forum replies to this guy as though he is telling the truth it makes you cringe.
Go to Top of Page

mereubu
= FB QuizMistress =

USA
2677 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  20:32:50  Show Profile  Visit mereubu's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aw, it's fun to play. Don't y'all have a sense of whimsy?

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  21:18:50  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, I figured I'd play along ala the Dr. Bill, asking him questions just to hear his answers even though he clearly wasn't FB, but I've decided that he was actually trying to fool us instead of just playing make-believe, which is much less cool. I'd have been far more convinced or at least impressed if he'd been able to answer my question above. I don't think that's a well-known fact.

Let's compare the writing styles of the two Frank Blacks... below is an actual post written by Frank Black concerning people taping his concerts.

To Whom It May Concern:

As long as we don't know about it we don't care. For example, a walkman in your jacket? Cool. Stereo mics taped to the back wall of the club? Not cool. Mainly because people with sophisticated recording equipment tend to get in the way of other patrons trying to enjoy the show. And don't bother the soundperson with requests for channels to tie into. He/she has other stuff to do (like mix our show) and while it may all be friendly, we just don't have time for that kind of accomodation. But bootleg away and have fun. I mean, don't start your own record company or something like that. We have a very good attorney. And give me a copy if you have a chance (my brother likes to collect that kind of stuff).

Now here's the would-be-king:

OK. The airconditioning guys have left. i tried to nap. let's see.....who has a question for the king?...I'm sorry, just being goofy. I still seem to be leaving Ebbee with wanting for more. Sorry, friend, i'm just not that good. OK. On to the next. Billgoodman (not THE bill goodman, but good one...); Joe Kidd, a friend of Scott's (drummer for M.M. Bosstones) will be drumming. I guess the news is for you all, yes, we here in Catholic Land have known about it, oh, for about 9 months! Just fresh in my mind as the newbie just arrived the other night. Thank you Swimmer. And Icecream...Surf Epic...dunno, long instrumental, DOG IN THE SAND is part one of EPIC, so it did sorta get played. PRAY FOR THE GIRLS...gosh, lotta kids request that one...wrote the words at like 3am, recorded it at 10am (in the middle of a record...had to get there early that day)...so many verses... yeah...we have never played it. It's in that i forgot it before I knew it category. ADVENTURE AND THE RESOLUTION...that came out great i think. A lot of jamming and me saying stupid stuff like "ok now play it for 20 seconds!"...then many days editing this nonsense into something with a razorblade. Pretty fun. It came out real nice, though...McCaffrey's bass is pretty tough..Lyle played great...dunno...it was just a riff that got fooled around with...never played it...Scott always asks if we can re-learn that one...maybe we will.

TOTY

I won't do the analysis for you, I think you're all capable of thinking for yourselves. That said, I'd have been far more convinced if "the king" could have answered my question.

Go to Top of Page

glacial906
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  22:52:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has Frank EVER been on this forum? I've seen the profile for "frankusblackus," and I wouldn't expect him to post often, but has he ever?

"...you can see here by my grin I don't give a fuck..."
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  22:58:56  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, he used to pop in every now and again, but he hasn't been on in awhile. You've got the post above (which was on this forum), you've got the post in the SMYT art section, and there were a few more as well. I imagine he's been busy with the touring/moving and probably isn't going to frequent his fan site lots at the moment. Though maybe we'll hear from him soon, I'm sure I'd pop in if I had just released a new album.

Go to Top of Page

Chris Knight
= Cult of Ray =

USA
899 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  23:56:34  Show Profile  Visit Chris Knight's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ouch. If the real Frank Black did come on here under a different user name just to chat up the place, I'm sure he'd never return rather than deal with such a blunt display of incredulity again. I mean, if this isn't Frank Black, who cares? Just wait for Dave's say-so before giving the imposter a verbal pounding, okay people?

When the hell is CBS gonna do a Murphy Brown reunion?
Go to Top of Page

noexx
= Cult of Ray =

361 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  00:16:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
don't worry....this isn't him
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 55 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: