Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

NicktheLemming
- FB Fan -

8 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2003 :  13:14:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Black Frank

Here are the differences between a fact and a rumor.

the weezer webmaster/long time friend of weezer says they (weezer) have close ties to Santiago says this reunion is legit. <-- this is a fact

It's a fact he says it, but not a fact that the reunion is legit - that's a rumour until confirmed / denied by those able to do so, which they have yet to do.

Nick the Lemming
Go to Top of Page

Black Frank
- FB Fan -

10 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2003 :  19:08:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're right... it's not a fact that the reunion will actually happen. But i think word from someone who is closer to one of the band members, rather than MTV who got word from an unknown band rep, is more credible.
Go to Top of Page

ShakeyShake
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1058 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2003 :  15:26:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah i'm still confused over who actually started the rumour,this unknown band rep sounds very dodgy

My bone used to have a little machine,i must have misplaced it
Go to Top of Page

Lowpresser
- FB Fan -

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2003 :  08:21:35  Show Profile  Visit Lowpresser's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i used to dream on and on about a pixies reunion. but now i think the time has passed for it to be a viable musical undertaking. grunge is dead. alternative music has passed it's shelf date. if they came out with a new record, it would be respectable, but it wouldn't sound anything like what pixies fans expect and it might quash the pixies buzz. personally i like where the catholics are heade. BESIDES i talked with david lovering on the phone the other week, and he said that he absolutely has not practiced once with the pixies since they broke up. he sounded honest, but then again he is a magician...

Visit the website of mine and Jim's former band. http://www.thebennies.com
and keep a head's up over at http://www.noaloha.com for the bennies cover of hellbound
Go to Top of Page

ShakeyShake
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1058 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2003 :  11:14:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
..........you were talking to dave on the phone?

Go to Top of Page

ShakeyShake
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1058 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2003 :  11:14:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Next time you speak to him tell him I said hi

Go to Top of Page

Pootie Tang
- FB Fan -

Lesotho
8 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  13:50:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm 28.

I'm also a musician.

I've been playing shows and writing my own music for the last 10 years.

If Frank were to reunite the Pixies for financial or publicity reasons I think I'd fucking vomit. I don't give a jolly goddamn what you think adult life is about; MUSIC is not life.

And I'm sure there are plenty of other loathsome things FB could do for money without having to resort to reuniting the Pixies, if that's not what he wants to do.

Holiday
Hideaway
Soon you'll find the answer

lesson for everyone here:

don't be a whiny, self-important, loser looking for validation on message boards

are you a "BIG fan!" also?

here's a test...say this out loud in a whiny, nasal Irkle voice:

quote:
I'm 28.

I'm also a musician.

It's all about da ney no, my deybeh!
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  13:57:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah, frank should do it because its not what he wants to do!! force him goddamnit!

"In the Cult of Frank / i will eat you soul...heh."
Go to Top of Page

Pootie Tang
- FB Fan -

Lesotho
8 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  14:00:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
First of all, I didn't say a Pixies reunion wouldn't be spectacular. I said it would suck if they did it without really wanting to.

In my heart I hope it does happen, but I want it to be for the right reason.

And no, non-musicians simply do not understand what it's like to create music and play it in front of other people, or how it feels dealing with those people's expectations when what they want is not what you want to do as an artist.

Not to be a total asshole, but I do not agree that every opinion is equally valid.

Oh, and if you had taken the time to read my post, which you quoted, in its entirety you would know that the comments about my age were in response to assumptions made by another member.

Holiday
Hideaway

man this person is really helping me get my aggresions out today...

this guy/girl must have gotten kicked in the kidneys 12 too many times in high school...i probably would have been one of those 12 unfortunately, but these people almost deserve it...

bravo Musician...bravo indeed! save us!

this is why boards can, in the end, just sap energy from you

Go to Top of Page

night on my side
- FB Fan -

20 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2003 :  22:48:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not quite sure what the fuck you're talking about. You may want to try making a coherent point next time.

If you don't like what I have to say, good. You're an assclown.

Next.

------------

Holiday
Hideaway
Go to Top of Page

Itchload
= Cult of Ray =

USA
891 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2003 :  11:24:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On the elitist note...if the Pixies reunited, think of all the scenster kids who would be at the shows! It would be crazy. And the clubs would be bigger, less intimate.
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2003 :  11:44:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how bout they go under an asumed name? 'the muther fuckingest worst band ever' is my vote.

doo doo doo...
Go to Top of Page

bad melody
- FB Fan -

11 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2003 :  21:31:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He/they should do it just to spite some of the assholes on this board that get their feathers ruffled whenever the word "reunion" is uttered.

"here I am with my hand"
Go to Top of Page

leokearse
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
203 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2003 :  03:10:15  Show Profile  Visit leokearse's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pootie Tang

quote:

I'm 28.

I'm also a musician.

If Frank were to reunite the Pixies for financial or publicity reasons I think I'd fucking vomit. I don't give a jolly goddamn what you think adult life is about; MUSIC is not life.

And I'm sure there are plenty of other loathsome things FB could do for money without having to resort to reuniting the Pixies, if that's not what he wants to do.

Holiday
Hideaway

lesson for everyone here:

don't be a whiny, self-important, loser looking for validation on message boards

are you a "BIG fan!" also?

here's a test...say this out loud in a whiny, nasal Irkle voice:

quote:
I'm 28.

I'm also a musician.

hahahahaahahaha
it works from now on everyone shoul dhave to do the irkle test before posting

- Leo
Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2003 :  10:19:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mun chien andalusia

quote:
Originally posted by night on my side

Depressing?

Thowing in the towel?

For fucks sake, if it's something he wants to do I hope he does it. If it's not something he wants to do I hope he doesn't.

Music is meant to be enjoyed, not just by the fans in the audience but also by the musicians playing it. It's not about respect, popularity or doing what someone else wants you to do.

Some of you need to pick up a fucking guitar and quit bitching about what other artists do or don't do.

Holiday
Hideaway

That's what you think when you are 20 or 25...I'm pretty sure that FB is enjoying himself with the catholics on a music level but how about money?In his solo career never gained financial success...Consider that he is not only a Rock Star but a human being and an adult person too,so he could reunite the Pixies just to buy a new car,pay for his divorce or whatever other reason that he can't afford with the sales of his current group...Probably he would hate a reunion since he didn't talk about the Pixies for years after they broke up,and he started playing Pixies songs relatively lately but i'm sure that he would reform them too if he was forced by his finances...Sadly adult life isn't all about enjoying yourself and sometimes you have to do things you hate in order to survive...

"Protect me from what i want"

That's a good point mun chien andalusia. I'm starting to feel bd about bitching about the reunion. I mean I still think if he can avoid it he should but who are we to criticize a man's decision who's given us only the best music for his entire career. I mean he hasn't slacked even once. Also, I recall him saying something about being homeless since the divorce on MTV2. Maybe things are tough and maybe we just need to support his every move and put our faith in the man who hasn't ever let us down. Let it be known though, Chuck (if you're reading this), I will be completely unforgiving if you break up the Catholics ;)
Go to Top of Page

oddity
- FB Fan -

Brazil
26 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2003 :  17:33:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Even though I know Pixies ain't reuniting, this rumour thing has created a lot of expectation. I read/heard they even got invitations for gigs (am I lying? help me here!) and I'm trying to figure out how sucessful/disastrous that would be. Like, have you imagined Pixies on SNL or something?! Sure it would lighten up the scene for indie/alternative poor sods like me.

'take off your glasses and don't act so sincere'
Go to Top of Page

axel
- FB Fan -

Belgium
101 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2003 :  03:08:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if this is a joke, everybody including David Bowie is in on it
Go to Top of Page

ShakeyShake
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1058 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2003 :  15:03:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hahaha this is great....
"What else has he been up to, you ask?.......
......and possibly reuniting the Pixies. "
(From his biog on this site)
Reuniting the pixies all by himself?

Go to Top of Page

marcusb
= Cult of Ray =

USA
308 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2003 :  16:17:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
>From Erik B.
Imagine my surprise when I found out you guys toured with Frank Black and I
missed it. Any future plans involving him?

We just heard that there is going to be a Pixies reunion, so he's probably
tied up, but we are big fans of Mr. Black. He's one of the few true originals. -John Flansburgh, They Might Be Giants
Go to Top of Page

NO.13Girl
- FB Fan -

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2003 :  00:02:01  Show Profile  Visit NO.13Girl's Homepage  Click to see NO.13Girl's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What is up with all of the gloom and doom? Can't we all just y'know...possibly look on the positive side of things?

If the Pixies were to reunite that's absolutely wonderful...
If not then that's ok too.

And also if the reunion were to be for the money...Who cares? We all need money and who's to say that under pressure we might wouldn't do the same thing?

None of us are better than anyone else so stop talking about how he 'Might be doing it for the money' when no one here, including me, has any room to talk.

Fall on your face in those bad shoes
Go to Top of Page

blarg007
= Cult of Ray =

USA
493 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2003 :  10:59:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brackish Girl

how bout they go under an asumed name? 'the muther fuckingest worst band ever' is my vote.

doo doo doo...

now there is an idea!

strange hair 'n pair o' dice
Go to Top of Page

toeknee
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
281 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2003 :  10:56:36  Show Profile  Click to see toeknee's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
i heard the pixies were going to reform but call themselves "chin spinach"
they're all going to grow goatees and tour the world.

Kim Deal with a goatee! That would be comedy.

quote:

Go to Top of Page

adrian
- FB Fan -

3 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2003 :  06:14:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
someone mentioned jane´s addiction´s reunion... i hope (i´m pretty sure) that the pixies won´t make the same mistake. i hope they get together again but not like jane´s have done, that is, with an incredibly bad new album (sounding like limp bizkit), and going to all the hip parties and looking like 50 year old fashion victims. they really suck, i don´t have any respect for them now. just look at dave navarro... aaaaaaaaaaarrghh, it´s disgusting. that won´t happen to the pixies.
Go to Top of Page

Doog
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1220 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2003 :  10:24:27  Show Profile  Visit Doog's Homepage  Click to see Doog's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Spot on, Adey..

"I joined the Cult of Frank / Because I thought it would straighten out my life, SIR!"
Go to Top of Page

LivER_FisH
- FB Fan -

South Africa
57 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2003 :  11:52:37  Show Profile  Click to see LivER_FisH's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
since when was music about earning respect?
and how much more respect do u want then being in the pixies?
who would even try to hint at thinking that frank is better of outside of the pixies
thats like saying "im a retard who is a fan to be cool not becuz i like music"
the excellency and perfection displayed in every single pixies song can not be compared to any other band in existance
i might be a bit extreme but i mean it

what im trying to say is
the only reason frank should not want to do it is fear that he's lost some of the creative genius he had in the pixies and therefore let down the masses and end of with bad memories
but i dont think he has at all and so its really all assumptions
Go to Top of Page

jediroller
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1718 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2003 :  07:41:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Return of the Rumour, with an added twist: according to French mag EPOK (published by the nationwide chain of record stores FNAC), Frank Black himself announced the Pixies reunion!

Here is the brief (in French):

quote:
Live to the Pixies?
Les héros du rock indé des eighties sont de retour. Du moins, c'est ce qu'a annoncé leur leader Frank Black. Un traité de paix aurait été signé avec Kim Deal et une tournée serait prévue en avril prochain, suivie d'un nouveau disque. Mais les fans devront garder leur calme : la bassiste, qui doit sortir un troisième (sic) album avec les Breeders début 2004, n'a rien confirmé...

I'll try to translate:

"The 80s indie rock heroes are back. Or so says their leader Frank Black, who allegedly buried the hatchet with Kim Deal. A tour should happen next April, followed by a new record. But fans shouldn't get too excited: the bass player, who must release a third album with The Breeders early next year, hasn't confirmed anything yet..."

Of course Kim's third album with The Breeders has been released in May 2002 and was called Title TK... So much for EPOK's indie rock cred...

--
"C'est la vie" whatever that means, la-de-da...
Go to Top of Page

spoon
- FB Fan -

45 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2003 :  09:19:06  Show Profile  Visit spoon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, that is if they started counting with Last Splash....Pod was basically a self-released album which allowed them to get picked up...Maybe they signed on for three under "the Breeders"? This would allow you to exclude the AMP's CD too....

just a thought.

spoon
Go to Top of Page

jediroller
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1718 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2003 :  09:30:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey! Don't ruin my cheap dig at clueless hip journos please!

;-)

--
"C'est la vie" whatever that means, la-de-da...
Go to Top of Page

gzuf
- FB Fan -

Germany
7 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2003 :  05:24:16  Show Profile  Visit gzuf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
may be it's not happening. but at least it's down to the well.
flame me 1e1e1E!!

Edited by - gzuf on 11/05/2003 05:26:02
Go to Top of Page

Jettison
- FB Fan -

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2003 :  08:55:54  Show Profile  Visit Jettison's Homepage  Reply with Quote
this was posted with regards to the pixies reunion on the no aloha board by richard presley, the guitarist for the breeders:

I know Kim has talked to the other guys in the band, and the idea of doing a tour and some festivals in the summer has been discussed. Despite what you might have heard though, there are no definite plans to do anything at the moment. I think it would be exciting............

-jet

www.thecroakers.com
Go to Top of Page

LivER_FisH
- FB Fan -

South Africa
57 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2003 :  12:04:14  Show Profile  Click to see LivER_FisH's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yes i agree with no 13girl actually
this is not a life and death matter
its good both ways
but personally
why are ppl critizing the possibility of a reunion
it makes me wonder if they are pixies fans at all
what fan would discourage the life of their fav band?
really ppl, if ur not a pixies fan tell us so we can
know to ignore everything u say
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2003 :  14:00:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3621

"I joined the Cult of Trippy/just pretend that pencil is a joint and the girl has red hair"
Go to Top of Page

Aarjan Snoek
- FB Fan -

South Africa
59 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2003 :  05:40:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So what's the latest news re a re-union? MOJO december 2003 says it's really happenning for sure. Even gave a date for a world tour April 2004

"sumus semper in excreta, sed actum varians"
Go to Top of Page

tigana
- FB Fan -

34 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2004 :  16:21:35  Show Profile  Visit tigana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
mr anachronistic had a penchant for publicity

- add comic nelson "haha"

[exeunt mr swimmer; holding head in hands]
Go to Top of Page

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2004 :  17:38:16  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I haven't seen the Swimmer posting lately. I wonder why.

"And her head has no room."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000