-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Here Comes Your Subbacultcha
 New Breeders Material 2017
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Discoking
= Cult of Ray =

Belgium
765 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2017 :  10:32:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh shit, 27 october, that's tomorrow.
this better doesn't sell out quickly, because i'll be away for a while.


it's educational
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
= Cult of Ray =

Belgium
765 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2017 :  04:16:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://twitter.com/thebreeders/status/923894288399978496
quote:
theBreeders @thebreeders Oct 27

'Wait in the Car' b/w Devo 'Gates of Steel' is released on 27th October..

Check with your local record store to see if they have a copy !

it's the yellow one.


it's educational

Edited by - Discoking on 11/02/2017 04:17:00
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
= Cult of Ray =

Belgium
765 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2017 :  04:56:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think it's sold out already. boo!


it's educational
Go to Top of Page

pot
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2489 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2017 :  06:13:01  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Discoking

https://twitter.com/thebreeders/status/923894288399978496
quote:
theBreeders @thebreeders Oct 27

'Wait in the Car' b/w Devo 'Gates of Steel' is released on 27th October..

Check with your local record store to see if they have a copy !

it's the yellow one.


it's educational



I just want to hear it. Yellow plastic isn't necessary.

You mean I have to buy a record?

I have no money, only ears.
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2606 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2017 :  13:45:53  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.brooklynvegan.com/the-breeders-bowery-ballroom-pics-setlist/

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
= Cult of Ray =

Belgium
765 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2017 :  22:01:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i wanted to get the yellow 7", but i can't find it.
well, except on places like ebay where people are cashing in on it. bastards.
i am disappoint.


it's educational
Go to Top of Page

pot
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2489 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2017 :  11:27:14  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Has anyone heard their cover of Gates Of Steel yet?

I keep checking youtube but noone seems to be uploading it. It's like the 90's again where you have to actually buy a record to hear it >:-(
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2606 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2017 :  02:17:57  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episode-863-kim-deal

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2606 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2017 :  02:29:30  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pixie punk

http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episode-863-kim-deal

PUERTO RICO PIXIE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-OkLSS2TbQ

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

stuczuba
- FB Fan -

140 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2017 :  02:53:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's 2 Marc Maron's I've got to listen to now - this one and the CK fallout one..
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2606 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2017 :  03:12:13  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stuczuba

That's 2 Marc Maron's I've got to listen to now - this one and the CK fallout one..

Kim starts after 25:00 min.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2606 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2017 :  03:42:04  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.sfweekly.com/music/kim-deal-teased-us-regarding-the-new-breeders-album/ Live review S.F.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

Fissile
= Cult of Ray =

516 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2017 :  14:58:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pixie punk

quote:
Originally posted by stuczuba

That's 2 Marc Maron's I've got to listen to now - this one and the CK fallout one..

Kim starts after 25:00 min.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE



I listened, it was interesting to hear about her childhood, and she did a masterful job of avoiding any talk of you know who...lets just say that his initials are CMKT the Fourth.
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2606 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2017 :  12:19:28  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fzP0H-OiRk Drivin on 9.Bedstock performance.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2606 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2017 :  01:50:46  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09hgk59 Kim Deal interview airs monday DEC.4 BBC Scotland.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2606 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2017 :  03:56:59  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=915s&v=ZLJSFMQvNwo Full Audio San Francisco 2017.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

stuczuba
- FB Fan -

140 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2017 :  11:20:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pod and Last Splash demos have just gone up on Dime :)
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3344 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2017 :  13:51:48  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stuczuba

Pod and Last Splash demos have just gone up on Dime :)



Yep, that was me.
Here they are on mega.nz for those who don't have dime.
Pod:
https://mega.nz/#F!RtYlUShC!UxMQcHUC0HxUT5KOGefqcQ

last Splash:
https://mega.nz/#F!B9AhlATB!K5hHR4Sj3hWPV-E_UBjL-g



all i can say, thank god for polio! brian
Go to Top of Page

jake3
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
151 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2017 :  08:52:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheers benji :)

A few years back whilst doing some research online I was convinced I had found the names of some early songs from the 1980s attributed to Kim (and possibly Kelley) on some songwriting website but having looked for it again numerous times I've never been able to find it again. No idea why I didn't write it down at the time :(
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2606 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2018 :  02:07:09  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
https://schedule.sxsw.com/2018/events/PP98379 Kim Deal & Steve Albini will be appearing at SXSW 2018.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

pot
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2489 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2018 :  03:04:22  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There's going to be something about The Breeders on BBC Radio 6 this afternoon on the Radcliffe and Maconie show.

Just before 3pm, or 2 hours in if you are listening on the iPlayer... world premier of new title track song from the album.

Edited by - pot on 01/09/2018 04:24:31
Go to Top of Page

natenate101
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2018 :  05:49:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://pitchfork.com/news/the-breeders-announce-new-album-share-new-song-listen/
Go to Top of Page

stuczuba
- FB Fan -

140 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2018 :  09:38:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Red 7" for Waiting in The Car is available with the preorders
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2606 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2018 :  10:43:32  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7wLJs4rAmQ

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

pot
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2489 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2018 :  02:38:52  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just listening to a really nice interview with Kelley Deal on Radio 6 about knitting and stuff. It'll be on the iPlayer after.

I didn't know she was considered as the drummer for the Pixies when they were forming.

Edited by - pot on 01/14/2018 02:39:31
Go to Top of Page

Fissile
= Cult of Ray =

516 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2018 :  16:24:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pot

Just listening to a really nice interview with Kelley Deal on Radio 6 about knitting and stuff. It'll be on the iPlayer after.

I didn't know she was considered as the drummer for the Pixies when they were forming.



When Thompson found out that Kim had an identical twin sister, he wanted her in the band as the drummer. Kelley had a day job she did not want to give up....she didn't think much of Thompson and didn't think the Pixies would go anywhere (Kim probably thought the same) so Kelley turned down the offer. Thompson later said it was just as well, having identical twin sisters in the band would have probably come off as too gimmicky.
Go to Top of Page

pot
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2489 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2018 :  21:22:11  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fissile

quote:
Originally posted by pot

Just listening to a really nice interview with Kelley Deal on Radio 6 about knitting and stuff. It'll be on the iPlayer after.

I didn't know she was considered as the drummer for the Pixies when they were forming.



When Thompson found out that Kim had an identical twin sister, he wanted her in the band as the drummer. Kelley had a day job she did not want to give up....she didn't think much of Thompson and didn't think the Pixies would go anywhere (Kim probably thought the same) so Kelley turned down the offer. Thompson later said it was just as well, having identical twin sisters in the band would have probably come off as too gimmicky.




I think by the sounds of it she later had a mid-life crisis and decided to put her energy into a vocation where she wasn't tied to an office desk, wouldn't that be nice if we could all do that? I'm certainly giving it a go, but noone wants to buy my art so... at least I spent some of my life doing something creative, even if it means I'll now have to spend the rest of my life stacking shelves in Tesco.

I'm glad they went with Dave in the end anyway as he's not a bad drummer.

They played one of her own bands songs in there Kelly Deal 6000. Never heard any of her stuff before and to be honest I didn't know she had any. Sounded pretty good, just like The Breeders.



Go to Top of Page

Fissile
= Cult of Ray =

516 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2018 :  03:17:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pot

quote:
Originally posted by Fissile

quote:
Originally posted by pot

Just listening to a really nice interview with Kelley Deal on Radio 6 about knitting and stuff. It'll be on the iPlayer after.

I didn't know she was considered as the drummer for the Pixies when they were forming.



When Thompson found out that Kim had an identical twin sister, he wanted her in the band as the drummer. Kelley had a day job she did not want to give up....she didn't think much of Thompson and didn't think the Pixies would go anywhere (Kim probably thought the same) so Kelley turned down the offer. Thompson later said it was just as well, having identical twin sisters in the band would have probably come off as too gimmicky.




I think by the sounds of it she later had a mid-life crisis and decided to put her energy into a vocation where she wasn't tied to an office desk, wouldn't that be nice if we could all do that? I'm certainly giving it a go, but noone wants to buy my art so... at least I spent some of my life doing something creative, even if it means I'll now have to spend the rest of my life stacking shelves in Tesco.

I'm glad they went with Dave in the end anyway as he's not a bad drummer.

They played one of her own bands songs in there Kelly Deal 6000. Never heard any of her stuff before and to be honest I didn't know she had any. Sounded pretty good, just like The Breeders.







Kelley mid-life crisis? Yeah, if you want to call heroin addiction a 'mid-life crisis'.
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
= Cult of Ray =

Belgium
765 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2018 :  05:42:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pot

They played one of her own bands songs in there Kelly Deal 6000. Never heard any of her stuff before and to be honest I didn't know she had any. Sounded pretty good, just like The Breeders.


i find r. ring enjoyable too.
it's a much more recent kelley deal project. together with "kentucky mike", who's also involved with the breeders somehow. (saw him on their last tour. he played on one or two songs.)

they released their first album a couple of months ago.
https://www.facebook.com/rringsings/


it's educational
Go to Top of Page

pot
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2489 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2018 :  05:42:47  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fissile

Kelley mid-life crisis? Yeah, if you want to call heroin addiction a 'mid-life crisis'.



That's a form of mid-life crisis yes. It's also a lifetime vocation for some people, some people I know who'll probably be dead before they're 50 sadly. She was talking about how unfulfilling she found her life before The Breeders, working in an office or something, clocking in every day, being a insignificant number in the corporate machine. Something I can wholeheartedly relate to. She went to Amsterdam and took up knitting. I went there and took up sex and drugs.
Go to Top of Page

Fissile
= Cult of Ray =

516 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2018 :  11:42:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pot

quote:
Originally posted by Fissile

Kelley mid-life crisis? Yeah, if you want to call heroin addiction a 'mid-life crisis'.



That's a form of mid-life crisis yes. It's also a lifetime vocation for some people, some people I know who'll probably be dead before they're 50 sadly. She was talking about how unfulfilling she found her life before The Breeders, working in an office or something, clocking in every day, being a insignificant number in the corporate machine. Something I can wholeheartedly relate to. She went to Amsterdam and took up knitting. I went there and took up sex and drugs.



It's not like she woke up one day and said, "Gee, my life is so boring. I think I'll quit my nice, respectable office job and take up drugs." She had been using drugs since she was a teenager, so was Kim.
Go to Top of Page

pot
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2489 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2018 :  12:46:30  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fissile

quote:
Originally posted by pot

quote:
Originally posted by Fissile

Kelley mid-life crisis? Yeah, if you want to call heroin addiction a 'mid-life crisis'.



That's a form of mid-life crisis yes. It's also a lifetime vocation for some people, some people I know who'll probably be dead before they're 50 sadly. She was talking about how unfulfilling she found her life before The Breeders, working in an office or something, clocking in every day, being a insignificant number in the corporate machine. Something I can wholeheartedly relate to. She went to Amsterdam and took up knitting. I went there and took up sex and drugs.



It's not like she woke up one day and said, "Gee, my life is so boring. I think I'll quit my nice, respectable office job and take up drugs." She had been using drugs since she was a teenager, so was Kim.



OK, but this is not what I was saying.

From the interview the other day it sounded like she quit her job to pursue a vocation doing something that wasn't soul destroying, and she took up knitting to occupy herself while she was going clean, and then discovered that she absolutely loved knitting.

Exactly in what order these two transitions happened, and how interrelated they were was not elborated upon.

Edited by - pot on 01/18/2018 01:23:15
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
= Cult of Ray =

692 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2018 :  06:08:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn

sorry
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2606 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2018 :  01:28:17  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ys8MBZLYVw

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2606 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2018 :  07:36:40  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwIaTPVQCRY Joanne.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2016 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000