Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Meatpants
- FB Fan -

34 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2003 :  06:39:58  Show Profile
http://www.nme.com/news/105556.htm

PIXIES REUNION ON THE CARDS?

PIXIES frontman FRANK BLACK has not ruled out the possibility of a reunion tour - and has revealed the band still get together to jam.

The indie legends officially split in 1993 after recording five albums together. They are still revered by critics and an ever-growing legion of fans - the band's 1989 album 'Doolittle' was voted Number Two album of all time by NME and NME.COM's writers in our recent Greatest Albums Of All Time poll.

Black, now a successful solo artist, admits that the idea of reforming the band is never too far from his mind, but he has reservations.

He told London radio station XFM: "I do dream about the Pixies reunion I do have to say. It’s like those schoolboy dreams when you don’t do your homework and you don’t study for the test, but I’m at the gig and we’re hanging out, but its an utter failure and I don’t know the songs, and hardly anyone turns up for the gig and people walk out. That’s what I’m afraid of, that it’d be a big, big failure."

He added: "We might. We (bassist Kim Deal, drummer David Lovering and guitarist Joey Santiago) do get together and have private jams together, but not for public consumption."

Stuart
- The Clopser -

China
2291 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2003 :  07:07:10  Show Profile  Visit Stuart's Homepage
Big failure???? Man, that definately wouldn't happen. In fact I am pretty sure they would easily pack out an arena. I'd have my reservations about a comeback, but pretty much like everyone else I'd definately go to the gig and would be fucking excited about it. If it did happen then it would be much cooler if they did a club tour.

War....... Its not fantastic
Go to Top of Page

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2003 :  07:11:49  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage
What the fuck is that? Did someone listened to that XFM interview? I don't want a Pixies comeback!

Denis
Go to Top of Page

PsychicTwin
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1772 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2003 :  07:31:07  Show Profile  Visit PsychicTwin's Homepage
heh, funny. I just posted this exact same thing in the Here Comes Your Man section.

and for the record, that shit would definitely NOT be a failure. I know people who would give their pinky to see the Pixies play live.
Go to Top of Page

Dallas
= Cult of Ray =

USA
725 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2003 :  07:32:01  Show Profile
This almost sounds like FB giving some reporter a ride, I mean, "secret jams"? Sounds far fetched but I am intrigued..
Go to Top of Page

speedy_m
= Frankofile =

Canada
3581 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2003 :  07:47:21  Show Profile
I also suspect something, Dallas. Everything up to the part where he said they still jam together was somewhat beleivable. I could see him saying that just for shits and giggles. And to have us all frothing at the genitals at the possibility of a reunion.
Go to Top of Page

DruggedBunny
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
395 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2003 :  07:53:10  Show Profile
I hate reunions, and I'm totally against the Pixies reuniting, but JESUS THAT WOULD ROCK!!!

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT.

(It didn't come across to me as if he was just saying it for a giggle, though it easily could be, knowing him.)
Go to Top of Page

speedy_m
= Frankofile =

Canada
3581 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2003 :  07:57:41  Show Profile
Why must you always disagree with me, DruggedBunny?
Go to Top of Page

gracie
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
573 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2003 :  10:40:18  Show Profile
although there would be the risk of appearing to sell out and not living up to expectations i bet theres not one person on this forum who would really turn down the chance to see the pixies perform.
i was only 11 when they broke up so i never got to see them live- i'd give my right arm to see the pixies live. despite the interview giving me a small amount of hope i won't hold my breathe
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2003 :  13:25:44  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2185

---------
FRANK BLACK SATAN WORKSHIP BLACK MASS
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked