New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2016 :  00:25:09  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://themusic.com.au/interviews/all/2016/11/10/pixies-paz-lenchantin-samuel-j-fell/ New Paz Interview.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2016 :  02:48:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jake3

Kim Deal definitely contributed musically to at least some Indie Cindy material. 'Bagboy' for instance:

Black Francis: "Originally I recorded that song with David at Joey’s studio about four years previous, without lyrics or not m… I don’t think it had lyrics. And it was a different kind of feel, it was slightly more bluesy or something. When we rehearsed it at the ill fated rehearsal session I believe actually Kim kind of disassembled the song somewhat, you know to try to kind of find a breath of fresh air for it or something. There had been several attempts even before any lyrics had were written to make the music into something that felt right. It had slightly different feels and different versions, different arrangements through the whole process."

I recall she contributed to 'Indie Cindy' too. That said non of the bass parts she actually played made it to the album (at least reportedly). Ding would have re-recorded them.

Yes, I read somewhere she introduced the pause at the 'set for stun automatica' line in the title track.

I seem to remember Joey saying they only had 4/5 songs properly rehearsed going into the recording. 'Ring the Bell' - one of my favourite of the newer songs - was one of them.
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2016 :  18:50:27  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.campustimes.org/2016/11/11/pixies-shake-off-dust-with-recent-release-of-head-carrier/

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2016 :  01:26:21  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.thecurrent.org/feature/2016/11/11/interview-frank-black-on-pixies-new-album-head-carrier Black Francis audio interview.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page

BunsenH
= Cult of Ray =

296 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2016 :  03:21:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He seems pretty comfortable with the "Frank Black" moniker--like he's switching back. Any truth to that?

quote:
Originally posted by pixie punk

http://www.thecurrent.org/feature/2016/11/11/interview-frank-black-on-pixies-new-album-head-carrier Black Francis audio interview.

PUERTO RICO PIXIE

Go to Top of Page

yarbles
= Cult of Ray =

USA
577 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2016 :  07:20:00  Show Profile  Visit yarbles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I feel like he doesn't really care what people call him. He's going by Black Francis, but I hear interviewers call him Frank, or Black Francis, or Charles even and he doesn't seem to care one way or the other.
Go to Top of Page

Sam
= Cult of Ray =

Ireland
511 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2016 :  13:52:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great interview with BF. He sounds so committed. Really great to hear.

Go to Top of Page

McDutchie
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
267 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2016 :  02:02:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pixies frontman Black Francis: "We’ve turned into comic book characters" (Manchester Evening News)

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/pixies-manchester-apollo-black-francis-12256563
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2016 :  19:28:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's our interview with BF.

http://www.itv.com/news/wales/2016-12-08/pixies-black-francis-we-have-a-lot-of-songs-still-to-record/
Go to Top of Page

sdon
= Cult of Ray =

France
779 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2016 :  19:49:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Ziggy
Nice tie! :)

Loved that bit:
"Our producer [Tom Dalgety] and our previous producer Gil [Norton] I believe are both coming to the show tonight!
I’d like to discuss some kind of recording session."

--
"Aristophanes! (gong sounds)"
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2016 :  21:14:38  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Fantastic interview

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?
Go to Top of Page

Active Duck
~ Abstract Brain ~

United Kingdom
411 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2016 :  21:20:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, really enjoyed reading that Ziggy. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2961 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2016 :  22:05:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Terrific
The man carried his amp all the way home
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1225 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2016 :  05:31:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great interview Ziggy!

"We have a lot of songs that didn’t make it on the record": Yabba dabba doo!

"A lot of people who are coming to see our shows - they’ve got a lot of itches that need scratching": Pixes fan, a definition:
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1103 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2016 :  03:27:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Ziggy.

I believe I shared a cab with you and a couple of other people back in 2008, trying to locate the precore in London. Is that possible?
The precore was moved last-minute, to somewhere inside. We missed most of it.

it's educational
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2016 :  14:18:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ziggy
Here's our interview with BF.

http://www.itv.com/news/wales/2016-12-08/pixies-black-francis-we-have-a-lot-of-songs-still-to-record/

Ziggy! Looking good, mate!

quote:
If you tour a lot, you always at least go through Wales, on your way to Ireland or on your way back. Stop off at Holyhead and all that stuff. And we recorded in Wales a few years ago. We’re starting to be more familiar with the country I suppose.

Good old Holyhead, I've gotten the boat across several times (though not for some years).
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2016 :  03:33:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Discoking

Thanks, Ziggy.

I believe I shared a cab with you and a couple of other people back in 2008, trying to locate the precore in London. Is that possible?
The precore was moved last-minute, to somewhere inside. We missed most of it.

it's educational

Yep, that's right! Ended up being at 'The Social' on Little Portland Street.

Thanks for the comments guys. BF was very generous with his time and talked at length. It was a brilliant gig afterwards too!

We filmed the entire interview to run some of it in our 6pm news programme. He was amused to see our set up - two cameras plus a GoPro and iPhone for cutways - and said it looked like we were shooting a skating video. I'll post a longer version onto YouTube in the next week.

Edited by - Ziggy on 12/11/2016 03:35:45
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2961 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2016 :  01:11:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Ziggy interview makes me think we will be getting another album before we will be getting (or instead of getting) a bunch of b sides. He's done that before, not a bad thing necessarily.

Edited by - Bedbug on 12/13/2016 01:23:35
Go to Top of Page

pixie punk
> Teenager of the Year <

2923 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2016 :  11:04:52  Show Profile  Visit pixie punk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHikEQOHKxo

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000