-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Planet of Sound - Pixies News Items
 Pixies recording in Canada?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Discoking
= Cult of Ray =

Belgium
684 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2015 :  02:44:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ooh!


it's educational
Go to Top of Page

hammerhands
* Dog in the Sand *

Canada
1502 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2015 :  05:30:55  Show Profile  Visit hammerhands's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It takes so long to do anything in a life that is so short.
Go to Top of Page

The Maharal
= Cult of Ray =

578 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2015 :  12:54:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Future of the Left are one of my favourite bands. I think mclusky and them are the only bands who have come close to replicating the brutal sonic assault perfected by Pixies.

Does that mean BF is guesting on the new Future of the Left album that's due out next year? Or is Julia working on something else as well? I know Falco fucking loves Pixies so it would be ruddy bloody amazing having those two combine.
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1113 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2015 :  09:06:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
About Dalgety: if you go his homepage, you'll find a few Soundcloud links of tracks he produced. (for example the last Royal Blood album).

The tragic news is: they're insanely compressed.

___
"Service Unavailable"
Go to Top of Page

natenate101
= Cult of Ray =

USA
676 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2015 :  08:17:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pixies FB posted this today

"Happy New Year. See you in 2016. Lots of exciting news coming soon...."


Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1113 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2015 :  09:58:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Crossing fingers...!

___
"Service Unavailable"
Go to Top of Page

matto
= Cult of Ray =

USA
897 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2016 :  07:17:32  Show Profile  Visit matto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK it's 2016 now...

--------
baby poop, curry
Go to Top of Page

Discoking
= Cult of Ray =

Belgium
684 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2016 :  22:47:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it totally is.
happy new year, everyone!

now where is the exciting news? i'm expecting lots of it.


it's educational
Go to Top of Page

The Maharal
= Cult of Ray =

578 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2016 :  08:58:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Minotaur re-remastered.
Go to Top of Page

natenate101
= Cult of Ray =

USA
676 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2016 :  09:21:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Maharal

Minotaur re-remastered.



LOL, don't jinx this!
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1113 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2016 :  10:37:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Indie Cindy was recorded in september or october 2012 if remember well. We got the first song late June 2013 only. First EP in September, 1 year after the actual recording sessions. Then EP2 early January 2014. EP3 late March. And FINALLY the album came out in April 2014 with no new tracks.

Too long, too slow. I hope they won't sell the new one the same way. Release the bloody album when it's done, that's it !

___
"Service Unavailable"

Edited by - picpic on 01/04/2016 10:37:59
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
= Cult of Ray =

656 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2016 :  13:19:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep it was pretty drip feed wasn't it? I fully agree and hope they just throw it out there in one go.
Go to Top of Page

Sam
= Cult of Ray =

Ireland
484 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2016 :  02:12:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
100% agree. its bullshit having a couple of tracks at a go.

Just because some people are starting to have less and less attention spans don't treat us all like fuckign gnats.

The LP long player format works, why change it to suit taylor swift fans.

Anyway, bring on the record. Here here.
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
= Cult of Ray =

656 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2016 :  10:52:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Turntable sales up majorly in the UK

http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/90584

Somebody should tweet this to Joey. I would but I am not on Twitter :)
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1113 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2016 :  00:40:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No use if vinyls are made from overcompressed digital recordings (as the case with Indie Cindy). But nice on older records i guess.

___
"Service Unavailable"
Go to Top of Page

Arm Arm Arm
= Cult of Ray =

998 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2016 :  01:33:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sam

100% agree. its bullshit having a couple of tracks at a go.

Just because some people are starting to have less and less attention spans don't treat us all like fuckign gnats.

The LP long player format works, why change it to suit taylor swift fans.

Anyway, bring on the record. Here here.



They should release an intro then a couple weeks later a verse, share the chorus after a month; really decompress the next album.
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
= Cult of Ray =

656 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2016 :  02:12:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by picpic

No use if vinyls are made from overcompressed digital recordings (as the case with Indie Cindy). But nice on older records i guess.



I only mentioned it in the context of getting all the songs in one go rather than drip feed downloads. Personally I am not so exercised about compression, I just want the tunes.
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1113 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2016 :  19:19:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sprite

quote:
Originally posted by picpic

No use if vinyls are made from overcompressed digital recordings (as the case with Indie Cindy). But nice on older records i guess.



I only mentioned it in the context of getting all the songs in one go rather than drip feed downloads. Personally I am not so exercised about compression, I just want the tunes.


Me too ! but without risking ear bleeding and deafness

___
"Service Unavailable"
Go to Top of Page

Sam
= Cult of Ray =

Ireland
484 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2016 :  00:25:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arm Arm Arm

quote:
Originally posted by Sam

100% agree. its bullshit having a couple of tracks at a go.

Just because some people are starting to have less and less attention spans don't treat us all like fuckign gnats.

The LP long player format works, why change it to suit taylor swift fans.

Anyway, bring on the record. Here here.



They should release an intro then a couple weeks later a verse, share the chorus after a month; really decompress the next album.




Haha don't even joke about it Army....

"Did you enjoy the intro - please insert 5 to hear the rest of this song......"

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1113 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2016 :  06:16:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a brilliant idea: first week they share the guitar tracks for all songs. Next the bass parts. Then drums. Then vocals. And once we have everything, we can mix it all by oursleves.

It'll certainly sound better than Indie Cindy.

___
"Service Unavailable"
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
= Cult of Ray =

656 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2016 :  06:37:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's a competition. Which Pixies intro would most make you put $5 into the machine. Personally I think if we only got the opening chord of No.13 Baby it might be hard to resist...
Go to Top of Page

sdon
= Cult of Ray =

France
526 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2016 :  00:20:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For me it would be The Happening

--
"Aristophanes! (gong sounds)"
Go to Top of Page

natenate101
= Cult of Ray =

USA
676 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2016 :  16:33:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad the board is back, was worried there wouldn't be any place to talk FB going forward.

Anyone spot any tidbits or hints from the band in 2016 so far?
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1113 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2016 :  08:01:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If they use the same timing as the last one: recording & mixing late 2015 in Canada & England. First single in June. Album a few weeks later with the tour to go along with it.

PS: glad this forum is still alive and kicking, too. There's no other place at all on the WWW to talk about the Pixies either. Crazy.

___
"Service Unavailable"

Edited by - picpic on 02/02/2016 08:01:24
Go to Top of Page

natenate101
= Cult of Ray =

USA
676 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2016 :  09:36:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by picpic

If they use the same timing as the last one: recording & mixing late 2015 in Canada & England. First single in June. Album a few weeks later with the tour to go along with it.

PS: glad this forum is still alive and kicking, too. There's no other place at all on the WWW to talk about the Pixies either. Crazy.

___
"Service Unavailable"



The Indie Cindy stuff took a loooong time from recording in Wales to Bagboy being released, right? I'm hoping for a new song by beginning of April. Like you said, a pre-summer release of the album to be followed by their tour seems probable. I did really think we'd get an announcement during the first two weeks of January, but I was wrong.

I didn't even know where to look for info on the site. Who runs its anyway? Curious if they need some donations to keep it going?
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1113 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2016 :  11:55:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
EP1 was released 1 year after the studio sessions took place (sept 2013). With Bagboy being released in June.

There's an active topic about donations here: http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21613

___
"Service Unavailable"
Go to Top of Page

natenate101
= Cult of Ray =

USA
676 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2016 :  15:26:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by picpic

EP1 was released 1 year after the studio sessions took place (sept 2013). With Bagboy being released in June.

There's an active topic about donations here: http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21613

___
"Service Unavailable"



Ah, you are absolutely right.

And I just donated. Let's keep it going.
Go to Top of Page

wilson
- FB Fan -

58 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2016 :  02:15:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my guess for the indie cindy delay was the departure of kim, plus general reluctance to release something that could hinder their reputation. with massive festival dates coming up and a record seemingly in the bag, i reckon we'll see something sooner rather than later.
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1113 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2016 :  08:26:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Making an album is always a very long process. Let's say recording was wrapped in November. There's still a long way to go. Mixing. Mastering. Endless discussions about the final track list. Then decisions about how to package it, artwork it, distribute it, planning the tour, rehearsing the new songs... etc, etc, etc... it takes a long time.



___
"Service Unavailable"
Go to Top of Page

natenate101
= Cult of Ray =

USA
676 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2016 :  09:33:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by picpic

Making an album is always a very long process. Let's say recording was wrapped in November. There's still a long way to go. Mixing. Mastering. Endless discussions about the final track list. Then decisions about how to package it, artwork it, distribute it, planning the tour, rehearsing the new songs... etc, etc, etc... it takes a long time.



___
"Service Unavailable"



That's sort of "old music world" thinking though. Not all of that is necessary to get music out and for it to have an impact these days. They could surprise release digitally and follow-up with physical later down the road. Now of course we wouldn't want anything to be rushed, but BF has shown the ability to quickly release projects and unless their management is against it, can't see why this thing couldn't be released or at least announced soon.

They posted a picture of the 4 band members (is it new? Looks new to me) today on FB. I'm hoping this is the start.
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1113 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2016 :  12:10:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I don't think Pixies will ever release a rushed, two-tracks, "unpolished" product. I know anyone can do it nowadays, but I just can't imagine the Pixies doing that.

I think the next one will be a "proper" record, carefully mixed and mastered, with matching artworks, promotion campaign, etc... and this kind of product just simply cannot be done in a few weeks. Too many people involved.

Internet is a new way to promote things, but the whole making process is still the same I guess.

___
"Service Unavailable"
Go to Top of Page

wilson
- FB Fan -

58 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2016 :  23:42:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://youtu.be/hKdtiZ3kRUU

oh boy oh boy oh boy
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1113 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2016 :  10:36:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like a few folks here were right about The Pixies recording in Bath. And I was right on page 2 about the actual studio: Riverside Studios.

Joey picture at 0:15: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKdtiZ3kRUU&feature=youtu.be

Actual video shot at Riverside studios @0:57: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUn-t7E8uKw

Bingo. Same room.






___
"Service Unavailable"

Edited by - picpic on 02/08/2016 10:42:28
Go to Top of Page

johnnyribcage
= Cult of Ray =

USA
771 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2016 :  14:23:57  Show Profile  Visit johnnyribcage's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ooooooohhhhhhhhhh snap!



My density has popped me to you.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2016 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000