New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2012 :  11:01:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Opening ceremony tomorrow. Film maker Danny Boyle's responsible for it. I'm thinking it will be too subtle/eccentric for international consumption but who knows. I'm looking forward to it.

Events are already under way. The US women's soccer team look strong. I enjoyed the Korean flag mix up; any excuse to show up the infantile North Koreans is fine by me. Lot's of drug cheats are getting caught so that's good. There's even talk of Team GB getting past Russia and moving into third place on the medal count. After the British Wimbledon and Tour de France wins, things really seem to be looking up.

Mitt Romney's in London right now talking crap. He can't even remember the names of the people he's meeting here. I wish he'd shut up and piss off. The idiot can't say anything without alienating people.

Anyway, getting back on topic, I hope you guys will post here, all things Olympic.

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2012 :  11:13:31  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Never heard of that

Denis

Obsidiana Bijoux
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2012 :  12:13:06  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What do they need a film director for an Olympics opening ceremony for?

Mitt Romney can eat shit laced with plutonium.

p.s. I hate the olympics and sport in general. May it all be over soon.
Go to Top of Page

darwin

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2012 :  12:40:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
China will probably win more medals than Russian. With US maybe barely edging out China.

Personally I don't think trampoline, rhythmic gymnastics, and synchro swimming medals shouldn't count.
Go to Top of Page

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2012 :  12:50:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Romney met with the leader of the opposition party today and, standing next to him at a photo op, referred to him as Mr Leader cos he forgot his name. Romney's a moron. Mr Moron. Mr Mormon Moron.

Sorry back to the Olympics. Tomorrow's Guardian headline

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2012 :  13:05:46  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Liked the clip of Romney ducking the question from a guy in a wheelchair about medical marijuana. Yes, Romney's about as big a cunt as they get.

Tomorrow's headline-

90% of people would rather watch a film or go to the pub than watch the Olympics.

Edited by - pot on 07/26/2012 13:07:15
Go to Top of Page

onyone
- FB Fan -

Yugoslavia
96 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2012 :  19:47:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Romney has some good idea.
Go to Top of Page

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2012 :  01:34:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry I can't see past the obfuscation and gaffes. But I do see the money. If that's enough for yer.

Thomas
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1615 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2012 :  03:20:50  Show Profile  Click to see Thomas's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What's this London stuff. Didn't NYC win the 2012 Olympics? crap... there goes all my overtime.

"Our Love is Rice and Beans and Horses Lard"

Edited by - Thomas on 07/27/2012 03:21:19
Go to Top of Page

onyone
- FB Fan -

Yugoslavia
96 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2012 :  15:10:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/olympics/article-2181783/London-2012-Olympics-Serbia-21-Great-Britain-7--Prince-William-watches-water-polo.html
Go to Top of Page

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2012 :  12:16:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some closing ceremony! Half the world is gonna carry on thinking we're off our heads and fucking in the streets like animals. If only.

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2012 :  13:00:34  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah up until two weeks ago the world thought we were shit at sport and had some good bands.

Meh. I'll reserve my cynicisms for twitter. I've already milked this one I think.

Not a single one of these olympians can run as fast as the six million dollar man could when he was younger.
Go to Top of Page

Llamadance
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2543 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2012 :  23:34:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thought the Olympics were excellent, great coverage by the BBC. Opening ceremony was brilliant, closing ceremony a bit, um, average. Despite the national feel good factor, I still want Scottish Independence.

Easy Easy Easy!! MicknPhil Marathon Lads Sign this petition
Go to Top of Page

darwin

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2012 :  14:57:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I enjoyed Russell Brand singing I am the Walrus and Eric Idle doing Bright Side of Life was great despite those chickenshits at NBC beeping out the word Shit. It all reminded me of how more fun GB is than China.
Go to Top of Page

The Maharal
= Cult of Ray =

962 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2012 :  16:09:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good points: Idle, Spice Girls, The Who

Awful points: Jessie J and everything she did, Brand tarnishing the Beatles, the complete lack of cohesiveness.

Must torrent the opening ceremony since I missed out.
Go to Top of Page

darwin

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2012 :  16:40:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bad point: being old and wondering who hell half of these people are (Jesse J?)
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2012 :  17:42:00  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No great loss not knowing who any of these acts are.
Go to Top of Page

darwin

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2012 :  17:51:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why was the guy from Mike and the Mechanics playing a Pink Floyd song?
Go to Top of Page

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2012 :  22:55:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Llamadance

Thought the Olympics were excellent, great coverage by the BBC. Opening ceremony was brilliant, closing ceremony a bit, um, average. Despite the national feel good factor, I still want Scottish Independence.

Easy Easy Easy!! MicknPhil Marathon Lads Sign this petition

I like the feeling that Scots are part of my country. I'd miss that. The Olympics were excellent though. Danny Boyle couldn't have scripted British sucesses better. I'm still on a high.

Closing ceremony was average to us but would have seemed decadent/depraved to most of the world. There were lots of close-ups of people having fun in the stadium but I didn't see one oriental or middle eastern face. We wanted to party so we had to conveniently forget about them killjoys.

Srisaket
= Cult of Ray =

Thailand
313 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2012 :  00:21:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went to the Olympics and saw a few events, all really good.

The BBC's coverage was a bit of a cringe to be honest - whatever happened to impartiality? I pity Michael Johnson having to put up with the morons he has to share space with.

Edited by - Srisaket on 08/14/2012 00:22:54
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2012 :  10:23:52  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRlhCoZltLU
Go to Top of Page

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2012 :  09:12:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
GO ON, MEET THE SUPERHUMANS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY7Zp96jYZM

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2012 :  13:05:51  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think they should just call the paralympics the lympics. Unless bionic limb technology has progressed a lot in the last 10-20 years?
Go to Top of Page

Llamadance
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2543 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2012 :  04:01:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love that Oscar Pistorius is upset because he thinks the other guy's blades were too big, and so had a longer stride. In actual fact, Pistorius took less strides than Oliveira (you can clearly see Oscar's stride length was bigger in the final sprint to the line). Science of Sport website has some great articles on this and other Pistorius stories.

http://www.sportsscientists.com/

trobrianders
> Teenager of the Year <

Papua New Guinea
3302 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2012 :  09:09:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah that did seem like a momentary lapse. He's normally very good in interview, an ambassador as they say. But S. Africa signed up to the rules. There doesn't even seem to be much of a complaint there, even aired in the proper forum. He could have run with longer blades but voluntarily gave them up cos he wanted to compete in the regular Olympics. You pays your money...

I guess the disappointment of second place took him away for that moment. It's not like he lied about his PB though.

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000